Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:49:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 54459 times)
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »

yep you can make those patterns fit over a minor chord by dropping the 3rd a step in the pattern. cuz that'll probably be the sound your after. they were just ideas that i posted without a guitar with me so i have no idea how they sound all i know is that they're in key to the chords and to the major scale.

hmmmmmmm about the pickups thats a tough one. you see you could get your seymour duncans but that might not be the problem. no matter how good your pickups are if your amp isn't some monster tube halfstack you won't be getting that awesome tone.

you can get close with a solid state or a modeler(like a podxt) but it wouldn't be the same.

on the other hand, the tone in your songs does sound el cheapo (no offence). save up for some new pickups and i suggest getting a pod xt. i don't own one, but i've heard recordings from other people that were recorded with the pod xt that were fucking awesome and they fooled everyone that it was a marshall halfstack. good luck ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2004, 03:37:46 AM »

yeah i know dude, but u can only work with what u got, i wish i had top of the line equipment and i would like to hope people can take certain things into account when they hear my songs, but im gonna go with the pickups and then go from there. my friend bought some seymour duncan fender stratocaster pickups and he said its made all the difference in the world in his guitar, so before i go and spend a bunch of money im gonna buy the pickups and see if it improves it.

i mean if nothin else it sure cant hurt.

thanks! ill try that when i get home tomorrow!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2004, 05:34:09 AM »

oh no doubt they will make a massive difference.

one guitar i have is a stock epiphone les paul classic plus.

the other i have is a heavily modified les paul bolt on replica (i dont care what people say about bolt ons, if its done well there is NO difference with a set neck) from the 70's.

when i play the epiphone i mean its decent, but when i go to my fav les paul it sounds better in every way i can hear quite a massive difference.

i have a di marzzio PAF classic in the neck and a Gibson P94T in the bridge but yeah the seymour duncans alnico 2's (the slash ones) would be perfect for what you play.
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2005, 01:12:20 PM »

D, i like ur songs they sound different to what i was expecting.  The songs that stood out for me were 'welcome to reality' and 'one foot in the grave' although the keyboard sound didnt suit 'welcome to reality'.

i think with better equipment and more experience the songs will keep improving.

i'm looking forward to hearing these 'big guns' u keep mentioning!

good luck to ya!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »

thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im working on the equipment issue and the final mix of welcome to reality, the keyboards are gonna be lower in the mix and not so in your face

im still learning how to mix and hopefully the time i finish ill be able to balance everything properly, if not ill get someone where i live that knows what they are doing to mix it for me ok

i appreciate u taking the time to listen

once i get my podxt line 6.0 i will post some of the big guns

some of those are heavier and i cant get a proper distortion sound to record em properly right now. everytime i record em the sound is way too deep, no matter what i adjust or try it never sounds the way i want it too.

so when i get the better equipment in a month or so, im gonna finish all the loose ends up and get back to putting some newer stuff up!!

Evolution
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2005, 07:08:50 PM »

D! Just downloaded your samples, they were excellent ok Like i said in my PM can't wait for the big guns Smiley

"Escape From Reality" was probably my favourite, great atmosphere to it  nervous hihi

Keep up the great work! yes
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2005, 07:39:31 AM »

hey dude, i can't get the password to work! it's:

username: donniesmusic
password: axlrose

right?

did you change it?!

p.s - check out my music:
http://www.myspace.com/tinygiant
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2005, 04:39:59 PM »

I dont have that yahoo briefcase anymore, thanks to Loretian I have a website now

just go to www.Dmusiconline.com and u can download a few demos, try out Welcome To Reality,One Foot in the Grave and Scarlett .

hope u like em!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2005, 01:48:32 AM »

D ,Dude you get better and better .

2 have become 1 , is a very emotional and pretty song ,You can really fell your emotion on it and it just adds that much more to the song.

Altaration., is fucking killer .the song reminds me of something I would find on a Bon Jovi album .And with you saying it?s not 100 percent finished  yet make wonder how much killer is going to be?

I hope that You finish your album soon, cause I can?t wait to hear it . beer beer beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2005, 07:02:55 PM »

Yes!!

2 Have Become 1 rocks!  The lyrics are incredibly emotional, and the whole song has a very passionate feel to it.  You gotta release this song soon...

What I've heard of Alteration is great too, but I'd rather wait until it's done before I say too much....  I am very excited though..

Wrap up the album soon.. man... lots of us are waiting! yes

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2005, 11:10:07 PM »

I appreciate it guys! Im workin hard on it.

Thanks to the great critiques on this thread I feel like Ive improved my singing 100 percent, by using some suggestions ive really learned how to open up and put my guts and emotions into my vocals.

More is still to come.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2005, 04:29:05 AM »

you've got new songs? Shocked

why wasn't i informed?

where do i get 2 become 1 and alteration?
conny
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2005, 05:23:02 AM »

"Alteration" - well, it sounds like you're on the run, hurrying through the song. Have you thought about slowing it down a bit? I love how it builds and builds, some very cool ideas there, very good. But I think it would be even stronger and more intense if you'd slow it down. This could easily be an 8-minute song, the composition is great.

I understand it's a demo, but the distorted guitar sound in the middle doesn't do much for me. It gets the dynamic point of the song across (the idea with break is great - I was like "what the fuck is that??"), but the distored sound itself is terrible, way too cold and sterile, it lacks "life" and depth. Other than that - much better singing than ever and very good arrangement, even in that stage of production. I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics yet, I was focus on the guitar. I'd like to hear the distorted part in better quality, sounds like there's some very intresting guitaring buried underneath it.

"2 Have Become 1" - still doesn't work. I got the file, but it still just doesn't work. Guess I have a little troll living in my computer who doesn't like your music. But nevermind - I do! I'll try and figure how to open the other song. All I get at the moment is a text (!!!) file?? Well fuck me. At least "Alteration" worked.

Thanks for sending over the new stuff. And while you're at it - GIVE US MORE!!! IT ROCKS!!!? ok ok ok
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 05:27:00 AM by conny » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2005, 06:44:52 PM »

Ill send 2 have become 1 again, i fucked up and sent a text file somehow lol!

Altaration is one guitar part, I still have to add another rhythm part, and my solo's plus I gotta mix it better

that is a very very rough mix of that song but I wanted u all to hear it. It will be much better quality and mixed very very well on the finished product.

Conny your advice reallyhelped my vocals, By doing all u have told me i have been able to open up and let the vocals shine without hiding behind effects. so that has worked great.

thanks for all the critques everyone!

So check your email and ill try sending 2 have become 1 again

Oddy send me your email addy and Ill let u hear these!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:46:44 PM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2005, 10:13:20 PM »

that part in the middle u are talkin about Conny is where the guitar solo will be, so when I do the solo and add the other rhythm guitar part, it will sound much nicer.

conny
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2005, 11:19:10 PM »

that part in the middle u are talkin about Conny is where the guitar solo will be, so when I do the solo and add the other rhythm guitar part, it will sound much nicer.

well what are you waiting for? i wanna hear that!  drool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2005, 11:30:38 PM »

Im workin on it brother!

I shouldve told u that before but I wasnt thinking.

yeah I got a nice solo planned there for sure.

i sent u 2 have Become 1 again

i listened before I sent it, so it should definitely work.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2005, 01:00:15 AM »

i just listened to alteration, man thats a kickass song right there! ok although it isn't finished i can tell its got some serious damn potential. man i love the faster vocal style it suites u really well. its a really catchy chorus there too. i just went to go grab my guitar then and i was humming the chorus. fuck i love it im soloing along to this. its been on loop for like 4 rotations now. ok i gotta stop. your vocals have improved too. i'd really like to hear a polished version of this song. that transition to the distorted guitars will be so good.

i just listened to 2 become 1. awesome singing, but sometimes when your holding a pitch for too long it begins to go flat especially the low notes. however on the contrary, ur middle to higher register sounds awesome and is always in tune.

its a simple song with a simple beautiful melody, because of this the one suggestion i have is to scrap the drums, or have no drums for the first half of the song i dunno to me they just make it sound synthetic, could be cuz its a drum machine though lol. an accoustic live version of the song would be cool.

thats the suggestions i've got for now. had to listen to them real quick cuz im a bit busy atm.  so those are my initial opinions. man u've destracted me i can't get the guitar away from me im rippin it up slash style playing along to ur songs i have uni work to do! rant. alteration is certainly my favourite of the two. keep it up man.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2005, 02:35:39 AM »

thanks Oddy!!!!!!!!!

Before I do the final mix for the album I can guarantee all the vocals will be 100 percent top notch.

Do u all agree that Altaration would be an excellent first single and the song I should send around to try and get a deal with?

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2005, 04:04:02 AM »

Are you putting up the demos of those two new ones on your site anytime soon. Out of what I've heard (which is the five songs on your site) Welcome to Reality is definetly my favourite.

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: