Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 54455 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »

Yeah I think it's pretty popular for a online store that sells only unsinged or independent stuff.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2004, 06:06:22 PM »

does that site have its own list of like the top 10 albums being sold or the top 10 best voted song or anything like that?

cuz then with the help of us we could buy your album and vote for songs and stuff which will help other people will see "d" on the main page in the lists and you album would get noticed better.

theres an australian site set up for independant artists, and it has lists like this in all sorts of categories that make it way easier for the artist to get noticed.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2004, 07:01:24 PM »

dude that would be awesome!!!

i havent checked that site out yet but i will and if my HTGTH friends could help me out and push me over the top and help me achieve my lifelong dream id never forget it and id always appreciate it and reward everyone that helped.

ill check it out and see whats goin on.

when i finish im gonna ask for peoples input on opinions on how to get heard and how to get out there and hopefully we can make this happen, cause this board is like a big family and is very close knit and i feel could generate some buzz.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2004, 07:52:25 PM »

yeah Cdbaby has a list of top sellers. I can't remember if they have a list for each type of styles though ,but I think they do .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2004, 07:07:32 PM »

Some nice stuff you've got there D  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2004, 09:07:37 PM »

Some nice stuff you've got there D? Smiley

thanks! im workin on some faster stuff as we speak, i wish u lived like down the street and could come over and throw some kick ass solo's down on it!!, i wish all the musicians on this board could get together and record one big kick ass CD.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2004, 02:41:51 PM »

Some nice stuff you've got there D? Smiley

thanks! im workin on some faster stuff as we speak, i wish u lived like down the street and could come over and throw some kick ass solo's down on it!!, i wish all the musicians on this board could get together and record one big kick ass CD.

yup, my thoughts exactly!

Working together with 'Loretian' on some songs. Very cool project.  ok

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2004, 05:45:13 PM »

D, I hope this works out....  I was listening again to your songs, and I like them all.  Like Don't Try Me, and like I've told you before, I definitely think One Foot in the Grave is the best one.

If there's anything I can do to help, you know how to get ahold of me!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2004, 07:12:26 PM »

thanks bro!

and let me hear the stuff u guys are workin on!

that last song u sent me was great and i want to hear more!

im writing my faster tracks now, for some reason i sound like grunge when i play fast so go figure.  i still havent unleashed what i consider the "big guns" yet, so the fact u guys like One Foot in the Grave is very encouraging

im trying hard but u guys know how it is, somedays it feels hopeless like i have no chance of makin it anywhere but im never gonna stop trying and i dont expect any of u to ever stop tryin ether.

all it takes is for one of us to make it and then whoever does can help the others hopefully. i know i would.

Loretian im glad u didnt give up and u are one of the reasons i didnt give up, so u all keep workin, im gonna keep workin and let me hear some more stuff when u complete it!

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2004, 03:21:46 PM »

Cool, man.? I'm excited to hear your faster stuff!? I like grunge a lot too, so that's not a bad thing!? It's always somebody, you or Axl, holding out on the big guns.? ?Smiley

When you're trying to create your own, unique, non-stereotypical vision of music, it can be really hard.? A lot of people don't get it.? And then, a lot of time you don't do it either.? ?ok? So, it's hard to know when to fight and push an idea you have, and when to try something else.? Personally, I don't know if the music I am creating has the potential to reach a big audience, but I'm going to get it out there, and give it that chance.

The last song I sent you, My Favorite Fantasy, wasn't finished then, and still isn't finished.? It was just a "rough draft" of sorts.? As soon as I have more rough drafts for you to listen to, I'll send them your way.? Once the whole SP is finished, which shouldn't be too much longer, you'll be the first to hear it, and it'll be available to download for free on the Internet soon after that, as well as actual CDs I'm going to manufacture, though those will mainly be for local radio stations and venues.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 03:33:25 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2004, 06:09:01 PM »

ive learned through trial and error the best thing to do is what u are.

Just stay true to what u hear inside your head and just your style, dont do something u arent.

like me for instance, i really cant do metal, it just isnt my personality u know, Some people dont like the keyboard synth effects i have in my songs but thats my style.

i could change it but u will never please everyone.

what bums me out is that i really really love my songs and have such deep emotional attachment to them and its weird when someone doesnt like them but if someone likes 2 or 3 of your songs i guess thats doin pretty good.

i only worry about my vocals, i know i can write a song, i know i can put them together and fill them with hooks but i worry bout my vocals because i just dont know if they will ever be good enough.

when u send your stuff places let me know how u go about it etc. myproblem with finishing my cd is not really knowing what to do with it once im finished.

your style and my style are very different than anything ive heard and to me thats a great thing not a bad thing.

i dont want to fit in to music today, i want to do something totally different and be totally left of right and not fit in with today's trends/look etc etc

i want to change shit!

when i sing on the final mixes im gonna really throw in the emotion, my only regret is not posting finished products cause people judge u on the rough demos and if they dont dig the rough demos they may not give your final product a chance

so in retrospect i wish i had spent more time gettin the vocals better before posting them online but its all worked out ok so far.

anyhow keep me updated! i still love stars,shadows in the night and my fav fantasy, so keep em comin and keep me updated!!!

badapple81
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2004, 07:33:16 PM »

Maybe my avatar and sig. could appear on the inside sleeve  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2004, 03:47:28 AM »

yeah yeah ill thank your avatar axl rose! hihi

finished my first ever rock heavy song

it has a cool grungy opening riff

i have a simple little riff i sing the verse over

i sing the chorus over the openin riff

i have a different riff for a bridge and a different crazy riff for the outro chorus, i like it, i think its cool as fuck, i just hope everyone likes it, im gonna record it tomorrow and hopefully have it posted as soon as possible.? here are the lyrics, this is the most difficult time ive ever had writing a song cause it isnt a love song!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? what i will become will be because of you
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? lyrics and music D

ive been down for so long
destroyed since the day it all went wrong
hit rock bottom fell through the ground
you're kickin dirt on me but i wont stay down

chorus
it may take me a a little time
but one day i will remember how to smile
ill dust myself off and ill be alright
instead of runnin away ill stand and fight
everyone always tries to hold me down
no matter what they do ive never stood my ground
but ill die before i ever let that happen again its true
and what i will become will be because of you

haters try to tell u that u are no good
its only cause they cant and they wish they could
here's a middle finger to the negative kind
 cause you dont like your life dont hate on mine

repeat chorus

bridge
close minded people who were scared and weak
that didnt have the guts to try and chase their dreams
they never wanna see anybody else succeed
but im gonna prove em wrong just wait and see

guitar solo

outro chorus

im never gonna be what u want me to be
im never gonna give up and sell out my dreams
this is my life and i choose to live it this way
hate all you want im never gonna change
its never gonna be too late to work nine to five
but im tired of sittin here? just waitin to die
so back the fuck off of me thats what you need to do
cause what i will become will be because of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 03:50:44 AM by D » Logged

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2004, 04:35:33 AM »

love the lyrics. ok

and theres no rush, don't try and do it all quick just to get it posted up here for all of us. take your time it'll pay off. just dont do an axl rose.  Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2004, 05:06:26 AM »

love the lyrics. ok

and theres no rush, don't try and do it all quick just to get it posted up here for all of us. take your time it'll pay off. just dont do an axl rose.? Wink

thanks dude, its better when i sing it!

ok u guitar gods on the board, the song is in the key of A which means i have a c# and a G# and an F# im not use to soloin in this key any cool ideas of suggestions?HuhHuh

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2004, 06:21:15 AM »

love the lyrics. ok

and theres no rush, don't try and do it all quick just to get it posted up here for all of us. take your time it'll pay off. just dont do an axl rose.? Wink

thanks dude, its better when i sing it!

ok u guitar gods on the board, the song is in the key of A which means i have a c# and a G# and an F# im not use to soloin in this key any cool ideas of suggestions?HuhHuh

hmm, I'm really bad in theory so I can't help ya there. The difficult thing with this question is the flow of the song as well. I have no clue what vibe it's got other then I know it's a fast rocker.

When I start trying to lay down/ or create a solo I just go with the flow. Sometimes it takes me quite some time to figure out what the song needs and what sounds good. And some other times it works out pretty fast.

Just try and go with the feel of the song and you should be able to get pretty far. Take your time with it!  Smiley

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2004, 07:11:49 AM »

super crazy fast lead multi-combo boxes.

need i say more.

hell if its in the key of a just use the a minor pentatonic its been used for centuries. also use a dorian(G major i think). also you could use A major. tonnes of sounds can be created from that.

look at your favourite fast rocker solos. they all have certain segments. the fast run up to begin the solo or just long notes, a slow different sounding(switch of keys is good here, you could go from a minor pentatonic or a major to g major(a dorian or something) middle and a rapid fire burst of notes up the neck for the end or back down either way.

but like dont try me said theres no set way, it all depends on the vibe of the song

what chords are you soloing over?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2004, 06:45:09 AM »

awesome guys!

yeah i just gotta take my time and keep workin and workin until i hit that lightning bolt that u just go "fuck yeah thats it"

its A then D then B then E then D

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2004, 07:58:30 PM »

look i'll give an example of some ideas to use.

A                                                             D

e--------9p5--------7p5-------9p5-------7p5-------------10p7---------9p7---------10p7---------9p7---------------------------------
B--------------7p5--------7p5-------7p5-------7p5--------------10p7--------10p7---------10p7-------10p7--------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B                                                                                             E                                                                           D

e----14p10----------12p10----------14p10----------12p10------------------17p12-----16p12-----14p12------17p12----------19b^(22)
B-------------12p10----------12p10----------12p10----------12p10------------------12----------12----------12---------12----------------
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those are just some patterns of the top of my head. these are all in A major. you could use G major(A dorian) or A minor pentatonic so the ideas you can make is basically unlimited.

depending on how fast you move through the chords, something similar to those patterns could be played over each chord. OR, since all the chords are in A major and all those patterns are an A major scale, you could play something like the 1st pattern for the first progression, then next time through the next one then next time through the next one. This is particularly good if the progression is quick and the change of chords is quick.

those are just some ideas, good luck ok

edit: the tab sorta screwed up so that last d should be at the end for the bend.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 10:31:38 PM by Oddy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2004, 03:03:40 PM »

thats awesome oddy, ill try that and see if it works

i was thinkin about gettin some new pickups for my guitar, some seymour duncans or something like that

before i go and spend the money, will new pickups improve my sound and tone enough to bother with it?

i have a 450.00 dollar guitar and the factory pickups suck.  so what do u think? is it worth it? i hate my tone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: