Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 54450 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2004, 04:00:30 PM »

you'll see it, im not sure if soon's the word... rofl rofl rofl

ive got bout 6 to 7 songs left to record and then i gotta go back and fix do some fine tuning to things here and there and it will be ready, ill announce it, start sending out copies of it and getting u guys to do a first listen review and then ask u guys to listen to it 3 or 4 times and then give one'

remember contraband how u had to hear it 3 or 4 times to really dig it? give my cd the same courtesy b4 u make a decision on whether u like it or not!

but it will come out, im finishing up some of the big gun songs, im in the process of writing one more which wont take long and ill start an american leg of the tour and see how it goes from there rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl j/k on that part

but i hope u all help me out when i do finish cause ill need as much help as i can get to make it where i want to go

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2004, 10:02:23 PM »

So what's the final CD tracklisting going to be.

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2004, 11:19:10 PM »

1.7 days a week   *big gun
2.welcome to reality big gun
3.if you were a tear  big gun
4.i wish you knew
5.altaration  big gun
6.someday        big gun               1st part of trilogy
7.lifetime of misery    big gun      2nd pt of trilogy
8.scarlett                 big gun        3rd pt of trilogy
9.walking dead  still got to write lyrics but could beone
10.death of me big gun
11.despair
12.one foot in the grave
13.love is war
14.unforgivable
15.you mean the world to me
16. turn to speak   big gun

walkin dead could be replaced, that and another song are battling it out right now!

download some stuff gnrmadas and let me know how u like it!

thanks again everyone for listening, u dont know how much i appreciate it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 11:22:13 PM by D » Logged

BucketHeadRulez
Opening Act

Here I go again on my own!

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2004, 01:50:43 AM »

Hey D you rule man I like you music infact you and I should get together and do a project together man you have some talent and keep on dreaming your dreams man!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2004, 09:25:14 AM »

Seems the Big Guns are focused on the start of the album and there is like one in the last 6 tracks people may feel they are getting suffocated if you know what i mean then may get bored late on e.g. if WWE had the World Title, Intercontintal matches early in a show then finished with lesser matches interest would wane.  Also would n't you be better spreading the trilogy out throughout the album.  Once again dude just suggestions of mine ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2004, 02:04:02 PM »

the tracklisting has changed about 50 times hihi

i just want to make sure i have some of my best right off the bat in case some sort of record type person were to give it a shot, i want to hit them with the top shit back to back to back cause if i got some big shit at the end they may not listen to the song that could make me or break me

for instance i consider altaration to be my best song, if i had it 13th an A&R or important person that could make me or break me may not get that far into the cd and i want to make sure they hear the big shit

the level between big gun and non big gun isnt huge, i honestly dont think i have any filler at all on this cd, this cd has been 6 years in the making

from 2 years ago only i think 7 or 8 songs remain
if i had finished this cd two years ago the songs that are on their now u would still have are

reality,if you were a tear, i wish you knew,one foot in the grave,death of me,despair,love is war,world 2 me,unforgivable and someday

so over the last couple years ive replaced 7 songs with much better songs so really that eliminates any type of filler

all the songs are the cd are listenable, just depends on what u like

im also when i finish the cd im goin to send copies to people on the board and let u guys help me figure out what the first single what i try to get played on radio will be

i also need some help guys, i appreciate all everyone can do, lets bring a contract home to htgth if we all pitch in i believe it can happen!

i appreciate all the support and im sure the final tracklisting i have for listeners will be different, but trust me there isnt a bad song on the cd! in my opinion of course, the couple people who have heard every song like em all

so im gonna hurry and finish by the end of the year im hopin then im sending it to discmakers to get post production and mastering, they do cover art,booklet etc make it very professional they put a bar code and everything, its gonna cost me around 2,000 dollars for 1,000 copies, but im gonna save the cash and do it!

thanks again everyone!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2004, 01:52:10 AM »

bumping back to the 1st page were it should be beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2004, 02:18:21 AM »

d are there any all out rockers along the way?

i know its not really in your style i was just curious. if you have a rocker and it doesnt fit with the cd i'd understand if you don't put one in or something.

i've only heard your ballads/slower tempo songs, and no offence because your ballads are great, but a whole cd of even the best ballads would seem......i dunno.......needs a contrast with a fast song or something.

ok i'll shutup now, god i know how i hate people telling me what i should do with my songs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2004, 03:13:39 AM »

u are dead on oddy!!!!!! yeah thats whats takin so long now. 16 love songs would be boring i admit myself.

so im puttin some stuff on hold and im gonna tap into my heavier/faster side. i have some really cool riffs im workin on lyrics and leads etc etc. i got an awesome drummer for the fast stuff, so it will delay my cd some, but it will be worth it. im hopin for at least 5 or 6 faster songs

ballads are my specialty but im gonna throw enough variety in to hopefully please people who dig the faster style.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2004, 09:38:32 AM »

Don't bump threads if you're not going to add anything to the conversation.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2004, 10:17:15 AM »

Don't bump threads if you're not going to add anything to the conversation.

Yeah sorry about that , wait didn't you just do it to hihi

I can't wait to hear the faster songs D.Going to  be pretty cool to hear you doing something  heavier.

But I think your trying to pull an Axl on us here. rofl

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2004, 01:29:52 PM »

my first single "altaration" which ive only let a few people hear, starts out slow and acoustic for the first two verses, then it switches to a faster different riff for a bridge, then it goes to the chorus which is fast and a different riff.? after the chorus it remains fast and yet goes to an even different riff and goes back to the bridge before a chorus, a long guitar solo and then only goes back to the slow part for the outro

ill post it one of these days but thats my bread and butter song, so if people like the rest of my stuff this one should really blow em away.

If i had done the entire slow cd it probably wouldve been ready by jan/feb, but now where im goin back and doin some faster stuff, probably by next summer.

im not rushing it, im taking john lennon's "u have your whole life to make your first record" comment to heart. its not when i release it but what i release.

so id rather release something that taps into all my musical abilities than give u 16 love songs.

also if i did that, next cd when i do tap into more of my heavier style, it will look like im selling out going from balladeer to heavy dude. so a little variety opens the door for me to do whatever styles i want.

be patient, im so thrilled people are still interested. It will be worth the wait, i promise, u will get a professional, high quality almost entirely filler free cd.

i think its filler free but im biased i guess where its my work.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2004, 01:51:46 PM »

Thanks for the update man  ok

Us Guns are some of the most patient people around beer

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »

im workin on a heavy deep dark introspective song, i wrote these lyrics today, i gotta finish em but this is gonna be dark and heavy, i may change or edit here and there but heres what i got so far:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?"Fragile"

physically im strong one of the baddest fuckers around
but emotionally im crippled cant get off the ground
i need help from you will you lend me a hand
are u strong enough to love me and to understand

that all my life ive been done so wrong
abused and abandoned left on my own
happiness scares me its a foreign nation
will this be permanent? or a short vacation

paranoia and jealousy keep fueling my mind
fillin my head full of doubts and destroyin my life
i wish i were strong and could be more secure
so i wouldnt disappoint or hurt you anymore

im fragile so easily damaged so hard to repair
haunted by? the burdens of all my despair
my demons crash our party and make my happiness subside
they feel me with so much terror and bury me alive
im fragile not secure not sure not a man not unbreakable just fragile and emotionally damned

im workin on the music and i got to finish the lyric but thats not made up shit everything i write i live so there ya go! one of many faster heavier songs to come!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 07:33:13 PM by D » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2004, 07:11:45 PM »

cool ,thanks for posting  that D.  beer

journey
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2004, 03:46:55 AM »

Where's the other songs, D?!  I can't wait to hear some more! Cool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2004, 03:50:38 AM »

Where's the other songs, D?!? I can't wait to hear some more! Cool

they are coming along, you have heard more than anyone else, i am bout to really start workin extra hard on finishing this and getting it out!

thanks for the patience everyone, i have to make this as good as possible!!!!!!!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2004, 11:32:23 PM »

RELEASE DATE

i will be releasing my debut cd *hopefully on some kind of label*  late November or early December 2005, yes it will be another year but this is definitely gonna happen.

instead of releasing bullshit demo sounding cds im gonna send my masters to "DiscMakers" which is a professional cd making plant, they clean up your masters, remaster them to make them sound great and radio ready and create your booklet and mass produce it, they give u a barcode so u can sell it retail, they get one song reviewed in an A&R magazine plus they sell it on an online store "cdbaby" for u and give u the money earned for the sells.      1000 copies is what i will be getting, its gonna cost me 1800 bucks, so im starting to save and ill have that much money come Nov.

i hope by then people will still be interested, im gonna send a few hundred to record labels and also sell them, im thinkin right now of sellin them for 5 bucks a piece if that seems reasonable to everyone.

im really puttin all my life into this project, this isnt some candy ass fake bullshit, the songs are real and are all a piece of me, so hopefully i can round a bunch of my fellow boardmembers up when i get ready and maybe u all can help me fulfill my dreams, that would be the greatest.

anyhow thought id give a little heads up info.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 11:35:16 PM by WHITE TOAST » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2004, 11:47:11 PM »

Cool ,thanks for the info man . Smiley
Cdbaby is a good store ok I've used it a couple of times.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2004, 03:48:41 AM »

Cool ,thanks for the info man . Smiley
Cdbaby is a good store ok I've used it a couple of times.

so its pretty popular u think? so if i let them sell some of my cds u think enough people browse that i may attract some fans that dont know me?

plus i figure if people online want a copy it would be easier for them to go there and order it, i got my fingers crossed, i wont forget the people who help me out if i make it, so we will see what happens!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: