Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63781 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »

Just for the money. "The rocker " is just a greedy crybaby. Do u really think u deserve the same amount of money? really? U left by fuckin choice don't giving a fuck and now u want the money. I think adler deserves more money than you...

I understand that viewpoint, I understand Axl's reluctance to essentially re-marry him, but c'mon, it's still Izzy.  Of course the tour did great because of the star power of Axl and Slash, but the music itself had something to do with the success of the tour and Izzy had a big hand in creating most of the music they played. I agree he was over-stepping with wanting to be equal partners, but regardless, I do wish they would have been able to work out something with him.   
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:15 AM »

I have said it before and I will say it again this band is 100X better with Richard in it then Izzy. I understand this tour has been somewhat of a nostalgia tour but at the same time with the added CD songs Richard is the much better fit going forward. While we should all embrace the past GNR I am also looking at what is best potential going forward Izzy is not part of that in my mind.
What a hired hand is better than having Izzy there? Get off the stage will u any real fan would want Izzy involved aswell as Adler full time and the fact that they are not makes it less of a reunion,however not to piss on the parade it's been a very successful and entertaining tour so far ,whose to say what might happen in the near future.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »

I have said it before and I will say it again this band is 100X better with Richard in it then Izzy. I understand this tour has been somewhat of a nostalgia tour but at the same time with the added CD songs Richard is the much better fit going forward. While we should all embrace the past GNR I am also looking at what is best potential going forward Izzy is not part of that in my mind.
What a hired hand is better than having Izzy there? Get off the stage will u any real fan would want Izzy involved aswell as Adler full time and the fact that they are not makes it less of a reunion,however not to piss on the parade it's been a very successful and entertaining tour so far ,whose to say what might happen in the near future.

This is very true

I would always want the players that wrote the music to play the music!!!    The argument that so and so sounds better playing someone elses music is stupid.   I album being played at home sounds great!  I go see a band to hear that band play there music, not other people play other peoples music, because they are better at playing it live.   Who cares...

That being said I have no problem with Richard in this band, being in the background, playing music.   Someone has too!!

It will be interesting if guns decides to tour the US again....  What the response will be.   Will the fans still sell out stadiums all over, for this line up, with the same songs......    I have no reason right now to think they wont....   But if ticket sales slide, perhaps that's the time to give old Izzy a call......   
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2016, 11:14:26 AM »

I knew it.

Them motherfuckers.  That's it, I'm done.

Guns N' Roses R.I.P. 1996.

Thank you for the memories.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2016, 11:17:27 AM »

Why would they want to split the money equally? Axl, Slash and Duff are the biggest names/draws.

Ali

Dude, they're playing his songs... Wake up.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »

Man, the vehemence behind some of the outrage I've seen about this is a little silly.  I get that this is somewhat disappointing, but the fact that some people are seemingly shocked that some of the decisions behind the tour were financially motivated is laughable.

The Axl/Slash reunion was ALWAYS the big draw here. That's what this was about.  Izzy damn near toured with the band in 2006 & 2014.  It was little more than a blurb on Rolling Stone. Now they're selling out football stadiums in the U.S. Hellooooo, anybody home McFly?!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »

Why would they want to split the money equally? Axl, Slash and Duff are the biggest names/draws.

Ali

Dude, they're playing GN'R songs...wake up.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2016, 11:22:21 AM »

Ali

No, they're still playing Guns N' Roses songs.
Sure, he wrote or co-wrote, some of them. But still, his solo albums don't exactly sound like GN'R....

They kept playing "his" songs after he quit in 1991 too. 

By the way, I thought you were done? 20 years too late.... 20 years you'll never get back! Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »

Man, the vehemence behind some of the outrage I've seen about this is a little silly.  I get that this is somewhat disappointing, but the fact that some people are seemingly shocked that some of the decisions behind the tour were financially motivated is laughable.

The Axl/Slash reunion was ALWAYS the big draw here. That's what this was about.  Izzy damn near toured with the band in 2006 & 2014.  It was little more than a blurb on Rolling Stone. Now they're selling out football stadiums in the U.S. Hellooooo, anybody home McFly?!
This 100%.

I can't believe anyone is in denial of this. GN'R is playing stadiums in the US again because Slash and Duff (to perhaps a lesser extent) are back in the band. It is that simple.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »

This 100%.

I can't believe anyone is in denial of this. GN'R is playing stadiums in the US again because Slash and Duff (to perhaps a lesser extent) are back in the band. It is that simple.

Ali

It's a nice thought that pie could be split equal ways.  But with this tour, which will go on well into 2017 & beyond, we're talking millions upon millions of dollars. You'd essentially be giving Izzy an equal share by virtue of him being an orginal member, and not necessarily what he's capable of doing on the stage at this point, after years of being out of the game, unlike the big three who are seasoned pros at touring and playing GNR music. 

Again, it's a nice thought.  But then there's reality which is just not that simple.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »

This 100%.

Ali

That is undeniably true, but I don't think it's the reason they refused to share equally with Izzy.  If they knew he'd be all in 100%, bringing it night after night, learning the CD songs, remembering all the old ones, etc., I think they would have bit the bullet and paid him. 
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »

Here is the problem too many of you are living in the past like everything has to be the same as it was before. Give me one band that kept every single member thru out their history. Izzy will forever be remembered for his contributions to this band thats not in dispute. It feels like some people would just rather this band go away permanently rather then proceed if it doesn't include the original 5 which isn't going to happen get behind this band now. Im sorry but some of you need to move on from the past.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »

I remember interviews with both Izzy and Axl, separatley, from 91-92 that Izzy left because Axl wanted to "lower him down the totem pole", pay him less money because he wasn't running around on stage, and Axl confirming that by saying Izzy wasn't "working hard enough" on stage. I mean, just because he wasn't running around? It is after all Izzys songs and they didn't write new ones whitout him. Standing by the Marshalls is his stage persona and it's really cool! Izzy is a kind of Keith Richards type. Do you think Angus was paying Malcolm less money because they didn''t have the same coreography on stage?

Izzy is'nt reliable? The last tour he was with them he "had a bus, they hade a plane and (he) beat them to the gig". He was there until he was not and he then he quit, for being paid less performing songs he wrote his way and in his style. He was on all their previous tours from 1986, did he  went missing some where? Didn't showed up? O.D.d?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:03:39 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

You forgot to mention that he can't be seen in the Don't Cry or You Could Be Mine (the acting part) videos.

Also, he came back and did some shows in 1993. But that didn't seem like a happy ending....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »

Ali

Sure, he wrote or co-wrote, some of them. But still, his solo albums don't exactly sound like GN'R....

By the way, I thought you were done? 20 years too late.... 20 years you'll never get back! Sorry.

/jarmo

I'm done with anything that was and will be done under the name 'GNR' post '96-ish.

Anything else is still fair game.  This is still a GNR discussion forum last time I checked.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

I remember interviews with both Izzy and Axl, separatley, from 91-92 that Izzy left because Axl wanted to "lower him down the totem pole", pay him less money because he wasn't running around on stage, and Axl confirming that by saying Izzy wasn't "working hard enough" on stage. I mean, just because he wasn't running around? It is after all Izzys songs and they didn't write new ones whitout him. Standing by the Marshalls is his stage persona and it's really cool! Izzy is a kind of Keith Richards type. Do you think Angus was paying Malcolm less money because they didn''t have the same coreography on stage?

I suspect that whole "not working hard enough" had more to do with the "playing a different song, in a different key" and having to have a tech who's job it specifically was to turn Izzy down in the mix.

And yes, I know that was while Izzy was fucked up.  But you're citing interviews from around that same time, too.

Izzy is'nt reliable? The last tour he was with them he "had a bus, they hade a plane and (he) beat them to the gig". He was there until he was not and he then he quit, for being paid less performing songs he wrote his way and in his style. He was on all their previous tours from 1986, did he  went missing some where? Didn't showed up? O.D.d?

It's simple.  And you can like it or not. But at the end of the day, Izzy walked out of the band, quit with almost no notice, on the eve of a HUGE global album launch and tour. He no showed video filming and, apparently, didn't actually explain why until he quit, later. Reason that away all you want, but it's whats happened.

That goes toward "unreliable".

And pick on the other members all you want, but, again, Izzy was joining their premade construct, this time.  So the negotiations on that front, in terms of THEIR potentially being "unreliable", were complete, and either assurances had been made, or folks were a bit more trusting (and given recent history, they had reason to trust) in those cases.  Has Izzy done anything. other than show up at a few shows (and Axl has always given the impression those visits were sort of impromptu) in recent years, to make the same case?

Honestly, I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up over this, or trying to "blame" either side.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:15:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »

You forgot to mention that he can't be seen in the Don't Cry or You Could Be Mine (the acting part) videos.

Also, he came back and did some shows in 1993. But that didn't seem like a happy ending....

/jarmo

Sure enough it's valid to point out that he wasn't in the acting part of the You Could Be Mine video, he should have been! But I always was under the impression he already had quit in the time of the making of Don't Cry (?) But I'm not aware of when it was filmed (?)

Sure, the story goes Izzy was unrehearsed during the 5 (?) 93 shows, that might very well be. But wasn't he just helping out during the time Gilby was injured? And were paid some money he thought the band owed him so it was hardly like he was supposed to be back for good.
Something bad must have went down because shortly after Axl dedicated Double Talkin Jive to Izzy from the stage at the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm. Which is kinda funny considering who wrote the song hihi Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

I'm done with anything that was and will be done under the name 'GNR' post '96-ish.

This thread is about events that took place in 2016. And maybe last year. Not 1996.

So please, keep your promise. Thank you.

Sure enough it's valid to point out that he wasn't in the acting part of the You Could Be Mine video, he should have been! But I always was under the impression he already had quit in the time of the making of Don't Cry (?) But I'm not aware of when it was filmed (?)

Sure, the story goes Izzy was unrehearsed during the 5 (?) 93 shows, that might very well be. But wasn't he just helping out during the time Gilby was injured? And were paid some money he thought the band owed him so it was hardly like he was supposed to be back for good.
Something bad must have went down because shortly after Axl dedicated Double Talkin Jive to Izzy from the stage at the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm. Which is kinda funny considering who wrote the song hihi Grin

Yes, he was on his way out. He had already played the last show as a member of the band.

But the fact remains, while he was in the band, he made decisions that went against what the rest of the band was doing. Videos for example. I'm sure the other guys remember these things...

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »

Ali

/jarmo

Anything else is still fair game.  This is still a GNR discussion forum last time I checked.

Well, that should make the forum...erm....interesting for you! if you're done with anything post-96, that doesn't leave much to discuss!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2016, 12:24:54 PM »

He quit (or it was announced he quit) in November of 1991.

I don't remember the premiere date, but the copyright on the video is also 1991.  I'm assuming that would mean it was filmed before he "officially" left. 

Anyone have more concrete info?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: