Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:43:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63763 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:37 PM »

I thought it would be a fluff piece and it wasn't. It was a good interview. I get the feeling that Axl was watching his words a bit. Duff's facial expressions was interesting when Axl talked about Izzy.  I think the interview implied new music. There was definitely a portion taken out.

Didn't notice Duff's facial expressions when Izzy was discussed. Probably just an awkward and difficult topic.

Ali

When I saw Duff's facial expression, I got the feeling that Axl said something that maybe he shouldn't have. Looks like my feeling was right.
He didn't say anything that he hasn't said before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2016, 11:02:07 PM »

I thought it would be a fluff piece and it wasn't. It was a good interview. I get the feeling that Axl was watching his words a bit. Duff's facial expressions was interesting when Axl talked about Izzy.  I think the interview implied new music. There was definitely a portion taken out.

Didn't notice Duff's facial expressions when Izzy was discussed. Probably just an awkward and difficult topic.

Ali

When I saw Duff's facial expression, I got the feeling that Axl said something that maybe he shouldn't have. Looks like my feeling was right.
No, it doesn't. That's just you projecting.

Ali

Not projecting anything. I studied communications in college, ToastMasters and Dale Carneige. His nonverbal communication gave it away.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2016, 11:04:12 PM »

The silly/frustrating part is that he has always been on good terms with all three of them ... Then they finally do it ... and he's not there ...
That's just the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately for Izzy. Duff pretty much replaced Tommy. Slash replaced Ron & DJ. Richard and Frank stayed put and promoters STILL threw boatloads of money at them. Izzy wasn't a deal breaker by any means, as there wasn't an inherent need for his inclusion.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2016, 11:04:22 PM »

Ali

Yep. He made similar comments back in '06 during the Eddie Trunk interviews before the Hammerstein shows about Izzy, and everyone knows they were on great terms then. Seems like Izzy has been harboring some resentment about how negotiations went down and took what Axl said as a pot shot and likely immediately took to twitter to vent his frustrations.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »

Ali

Ali

Not projecting anything. I studied communications in college, ToastMasters and Dale Carneige. His nonverbal communication gave it away.
That's cool. But, no offense, that doesn't make you a mindreader and give you an awareness of what was going through Duff's mind at the time.

Ali
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2016, 11:07:18 PM »

Ali

Yep. He made similar comments back in '06 during the Eddie Trunk interviews before the Hammerstein shows about Izzy, and everyone knows they were on great terms then. Seems like Izzy has been harboring some resentment about how negotiations went down and took what Axl said as a pot shot and likely immediately took to twitter to vent his frustrations.

True, but one big point. Duff was not there at that time. Also, this time is a bit different considering the magnitude of this tour.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2016, 11:08:39 PM »

Ali

Which always helps a situation. Like with Ron's propensity to do that.  Sad

Ali
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2016, 11:09:17 PM »

Ali

Ali

That's cool. But, no offense, that doesn't make you a mindreader and give you an awareness of what was going through Duff's mind at the time.

Ali

Never said I was! However, you have to be able to read people.  We communicate 70% of the time nonverbally. Look up the research.  
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »

Ali

Ali

Haha, yeah that always goes over swimmingly. The shitty thing here is that these guys were friends just a short while ago, and money has obviously soured that.  And who knows what the future held? I can't think that this bodes well for future collaborations.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »

Ali

Ali

How was he supposed to answer the question though? He pretty much talked about Izzy the same way he's done for the past decade. Izzy does his own thing. He even said in the past, when he and Slash were far from good, that a reunion would only work with Slash and Duff involved, because of Izzy's unreliability. He could've said "Izzy wanted more money" or "We didn't want to give Izzy an equal share", because I'd buy both of those. But he took the more diplomatic approach, and at the same time, he didn't stray from anything that he's said in the past. It is what it is.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »

Ali

Ali

Haha, yeah that always goes over swimmingly. The shitty thing here is that these guys were friends just a short while ago, and money has obviously soured that.  And who knows what the future held? I can't think that this bodes well for future collaborations.
You never know. We've learned firsthand that anything is possible over the last few years. I wouldn't slam any doors shut completely.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:15 PM »

Ali

Ali

You never know. We've learned firsthand that anything is possible over the last few years. I wouldn't slam any doors shut completely.

'Never say never' has certainly been the mantra of 2016.  But this ugliness doesn't exactly make it any easier.  Ah well.  Maybe the Guns camp will parry this with some new album news.  Wink
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2016, 11:26:07 PM »

I don't think it can be considered ugly just yet. There'd need to be a response and ensuing war of words to get it to that level. Not sure if we'll get there.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »

Ali

Ali

How was he supposed to answer the question though? He pretty much talked about Izzy the same way he's done for the past decade. Izzy does his own thing. He even said in the past, when he and Slash were far from good, that a reunion would only work with Slash and Duff involved, because of Izzy's unreliability. He could've said "Izzy wanted more money" or "We didn't want to give Izzy an equal share", because I'd buy both of those. But he took the more diplomatic approach, and at the same time, he didn't stray from anything that he's said in the past. It is what it is.
Agreed. Axl tried to handle it diplomatically. It was similar to what he said in 2006 about Izzy.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »

Totally agree.  I give Axl credit.  He obviously didn't put any restrictions on what questions could be asked and everyone had to know that the Izzy situation would come up. 

Makes me wonder if knowing the question would be asked is the reason why Slash didn't participate and Duff didn't speak up.

Axl gave a diplomatic but honest answer that every GNR fan could accept (Izzy being Izzy) yet leaving the door wide open for further negotiations.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2016, 11:30:53 PM »

Ali

Ali

It doesn't help.

And, let's be real: GN'R sold over a million tickets and grossed over $115M on tour without him. GN'R doesn't NEED him to do great business like Slash is needed.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2016, 11:40:30 PM »

Ali

Ali

It doesn't help.

And, let's be real: GN'R sold over a million tickets and grossed over $115M on tour without him. GN'R doesn't NEED him to do great business like Slash is needed.

Ali
Yeah, I hate to sound like a dick, but Izzy overplayed his hand here and overestimated his importance to the band's future success. No one will question the impact he made on the band historically speaking. But this round of touring was/is going to be massively successful regardless of his inclusion. The money was there because of Axl and Slash. No offense to Duff, but he was pretty much back in the band anyway in Tommy's place, so he was an added bonus. There simply wasn't a genuine NEED for Izzy to be involved. The numbers prove that.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »

Ali

Ali

It doesn't help.

Ali
Yeah, I hate to sound like a dick, but Izzy overplayed his hand here and overestimated his importance to the band's future success. No one will question the impact he made on the band historically speaking. But this round of touring was/is going to be massively successful regardless of his inclusion. The money was there because of Axl and Slash. No offense to Duff, but he was pretty much back in the band anyway in Tommy's place, so he was an added bonus. There simply wasn't a genuine NEED for Izzy to be involved. The numbers prove that.
They sold 95% of tickets per show at not exactly cheap ticket prices without Izzy. It's not being a dick to say that proves he isn't needed to sell a huge number of tickets.

Ali
Paco1936
Opening Act

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2016, 12:39:13 AM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/izzy-stradlin-says-he-isnt-involved-with-guns-n-roses-reunion-because-they-didnt-want-to-split-the-loot-equally/
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2016, 12:47:05 AM »

The silly/frustrating part is that he has always been on good terms with all three of them ... Then they finally do it ... and he's not there ...

Exactly, even Adler is doing guest spots!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: