Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:37:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63746 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2016, 05:56:31 PM »

"And with Izzy... that's just something that I can't really.... describe. That's to say, I don't really know what to say about Izzy. It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way. And I'm not trying to take any shots at Izzy, it's just that his thing is kind of his thing. Whatever that is, y'know."

I don't think that answer gives any more clarity about why Izzy didn't participate in any way.  Is he saying they asked and then Izzy flaked out or they didn't bother asking him at all because they expected him to flake?  I would guess the first, but I really have no idea based on this.

I guess what he said is that Izzy's Izzy.

He hasn't toured in years. He's done guest spots with GN'R in the past, but that was it. He didn't do the full tour, or the full shows.....

We don't know if he agreed or not, and then changed his mind. Or if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to fully depend on his participation to do the full tour.

/jarmo

Yeah, I see that, I guess the surprising thing was that there were not any guest spots at all.  That seemed to work in the past... not having to rely on him and maybe him not wanting to be relied on.  Whenever he shows up, he can step on stage for a song or 2 and that's it.  That he was completely absent might suggest a broader disagreement... or not, maybe Izzy just wasn't feeling it this year, who knows...

The thing I find really odd about this is that Izzy himself made that twitter account and posted specifically addressing the rumors by saying he would NOT be a part of the April shows.

Quote from: Izzy
Izzy Stradlin ‏@IzzyStradlin999 Feb 22

Izzy Stradlin fact..
At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:05:05 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2016, 05:57:08 PM »

"And with Izzy... that's just something that I can't really.... describe. That's to say, I don't really know what to say about Izzy. It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way. And I'm not trying to take any shots at Izzy, it's just that his thing is kind of his thing. Whatever that is, y'know."

I don't think that answer gives any more clarity about why Izzy didn't participate in any way.  Is he saying they asked and then Izzy flaked out or they didn't bother asking him at all because they expected him to flake?  I would guess the first, but I really have no idea based on this.

I guess what he said is that Izzy's Izzy.

He hasn't toured in years. He's done guest spots with GN'R in the past, but that was it. He didn't do the full tour, or the full shows.....

We don't know if he agreed or not, and then changed his mind. Or if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to fully depend on his participation to do the full tour.

/jarmo

Or the money wasn't right for Izzy.  

I guess he is the only one that can say for sure.  It seems like they did reach out to him.  Or else I think we would of gotten an answer like.  "We just wanted to focus on this group right now, perhaps in the future we will reach out to Izzy."
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »

The thing I find really odd about this is that Izzy himself made that twitter account and posted specifically addressing the rumors by saying he would NOT be a part of the April shows.

Izzy Stradlin fact..
At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows .

Right, that was kind of strange, but the "this point in time" part and that he mentioned only the April shows left some hope, for me at least, that he'd be there in some capacity during the summer shows. 

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »

Izzy Stradlin fact..

Right, that was kind of strange, but the "this point in time" part and that he mentioned only the April shows left some hope, for me at least, that he'd be there in some capacity during the summer shows. 

Yeah me too, maybe that was his plan and then something changed.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »

I find it kinda interesting that both times Axl has spoken publicaly he's made a point to make sure we know he didn't force the CD songs down their throats.

As somebody who has followed on all these years seeing Slash play on those songs was one of the biggest kicks I got out of this whole summer.

Definitely stoked to see slash sit down with him too at some point ... Would be almost more surreal than seeing them perform.

When Axl called and he picked up he must have been like yeah right your not Axl.  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2016, 08:33:33 PM »

Izzy on twitter:

Izzy Stradlin ‏@IzzyStradlin999  2m2 minutes ago
Bullshit
They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along........

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »

Izzy just posted on his twitter account:

@IzzyStradlin999:
Bullshit
They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along........

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2016, 08:34:22 PM »

Izzy on twitter:

Bullshit

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »

Lol

Well there it is.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »

Just caught that on my feed. He obviously saw the interview. If there's anyone in the band past or present that I would believe over the others its Izzy. Proof this wasn't 'for the fans'.

I've seen enough.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:26 PM »

Why would they want to split the money equally? Axl, Slash and Duff are the biggest names/draws.

Ali
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »

Why would they want to split the money equally? Axl, Slash and Duff are the biggest names/draws.

Ali

I don't think so. I think it goes Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff. Most gnr fans I think probably would have rather if Izzy was there over SLash.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2016, 09:09:19 PM »

Ali

You don't think that Izzy deserves the same amount as Duff if Duff is making an equal share with Axl n' Slash??

That being said.... shame on Izzy for not posting today's tweet as his initial tweet instead of the one he posted. IMO, he's just as guilty playing the fans as the rest. 

With this new tweet, is he saying that he would have honored a commitment to do however many shows Axl, Slash and Duff are going to play??  I have my doubts and I'm guessing that's what maybe Axl was alluding to when he said "It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way.  Maybe one day Izzy agreed and the next he backed off??

And Izzy is lying to himself if he thinks now everyone is ... "Moving right along......." after he fired that shot.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2016, 09:10:53 PM »

Izzy on twitter:

Bullshit

So is this his direct response to Axl's comments, or did someone message him on Twitter?  Jesus Izzy. Dude must be pretty burned up to air that in public.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:19 PM »

Well there it is. That's what was rumored earlier in the year. I believe it was MSL at GNR Truth that said it was money and/or a larger role.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Ali
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2016, 09:17:52 PM »

Ali

I don't think so. I think it goes Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff. Most gnr fans I think probably would have rather if Izzy was there over SLash.
I'm sorry, but there is no way Izzy is a bigger draw than Slash. Slash has had VR and a successful solo career in between GN'R stints. I couldn't disagree more.

Ali
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2016, 09:19:51 PM »

Izzy has already played a number of shows with Axl in the recent past.  I think in most of the reunionist's eyes it was always Axl n' Slash and the others would just be cherries on top.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »

Ali

You don't think that Izzy deserves the same amount as Duff if Duff is making an equal share with Axl n' Slash??

That being said.... shame on Izzy for not posting today's tweet as his initial tweet instead of the one he posted. IMO, he's just as guilty playing the fans as the rest. 

With this new tweet, is he saying that he would have honored a commitment to do however many shows Axl, Slash and Duff are going to play??  I have my doubts and I'm guessing that's what maybe Axl was alluding to when he said "It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way.  Maybe one day Izzy agreed and the next he backed off??

And Izzy is lying to himself if he thinks now everyone is ... "Moving right along......." after he fired that shot.

No, I don't. That's not even taking into consideration Izzy history, or lack thereof, of recently completing extensive tours.

Ali
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2016, 09:20:32 PM »

Izzy on twitter:

Bullshit

So is this his direct response to Axl's comments, or did someone message him on Twitter?  Jesus Izzy. Dude must be pretty burned up to air that in public.

That's what was the straw that broke the camels back back in 91. Money. In the Izzy interview in 2001 he said:  When Axl finally sent his old school friend a contract to sign, it was the final straw. ?This is right before I left - demoting me to some lower position. They were gonna cut my percentage of royalties down. I was like ?Fuck you! I?ve been there from day one, why should I do that? Fuck you, I?ll go play the Whiskey?. That?s what happened. It was insane.?

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2016, 09:23:47 PM »

Izzy has already played a number of shows with Axl in the recent past.  I think in most of the reunionist's eyes it was always Axl n' Slash and the others would just be cherries on top.

He may have played some songs here and there but I guarantee you if he would have rejoined the band and wrote music with them it would have been a way bigger deal than slash coming back.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: