Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63541 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »

Wonder why Slash wasn't there.. Someone stared this was better than the Eddie Trunk radio interview...I disagree, this was cool but we really didn't learn anything new..The ET interview show cased an Axl we haven't seen before..It was his 1st lengthy interview in decades...It was as much as an interview as a moment to hangout with Axl..

I think this INTERVIEW was better, as an interview.  Because it was more informative, and we got more actual GnR related information.

I think the Trunk episode was more about "the moment".  This cool, candid, sort of relaxed version of Axl hanging out with friends and talking about a whole range of topics, with some, but very little, actualy GnR related discussion.  It was "cooler" because it was spontaneous, and it just evolved pretty much from nowhere (or it seemed to....how much was kabuki theater is a long standing question).

I think it's tough to compare the two things because they are SOO different.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2016, 11:32:12 AM »

This was a fantastic interview IMO.  The interviewer really tried to dig as deep as he could, and asked some thoughtful questions.  Also seems like the ball is rolling on the next album, which of course is awesome!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say Bon Scott's name instead of Brain Johnson when he was referring to singing some AC/DC songs off the early albums.
I think he clarified stating the 1s pt couple of Brian Johnson albums meaning Back in Black and For Those About To Rock..

Yeah, you're probably right.  The reason I questioned it was more because when Axl went back on tour with AC/DC a month after doing this interview, Brian's name is never mentioned but Bon's name is repeatedly evoked by Axl during these shows and also the youtubes posted by the official AC/DC twitter are only ones with Bon Scott performing not any with Brian.

Guess maybe when this interview was done, Axl hadn't received the memo from Angus yet.  Lips Sealed
Axl's getting really good at separating his GNR self from his AC/DC self.  He only slipped up at one of the AC/DC shows (the second show) by dropping the F-bomb when saying goodnight to the crowd.  hihi

And I guess we have to wait for Slash to write another book to hear his version of that October dinner since he was noticeably absent from this interview and Duff, who was present at this interview, was noticeably absent from this alleged dinner.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say Bon Scott's name instead of Brain Johnson when he was referring to singing some AC/DC songs off the early albums.
I think he clarified stating the 1s pt couple of Brian Johnson albums meaning Back in Black and For Those About To Rock..

Yeah, you're probably right.  The reason I questioned it was more because when Axl went back on tour with AC/DC a month after doing this interview, Brian's name is never mentioned but Bon's name is repeatedly evoked by Axl during these shows and also the youtubes posted by the official AC/DC twitter are only ones with Bon Scott performing not any with Brian.

Guess maybe when this interview was done, Axl hadn't received the memo from Angus yet.  Lips Sealed
Axl's getting really good at separating his GNR self from his AC/DC self.  He only slipped up at one of the AC/DC shows (the second show) by dropping the F-bomb when saying goodnight to the crowd.  hihi

And I guess we have to wait for Slash to write another book to hear his version of that October dinner since he was noticeably absent from this interview and Duff, who was present at this interview, was noticeably absent from this alleged dinner.  Wink

Why would you call it an alleged dinner? 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2016, 01:39:20 PM »

Same reason I put it in italics and put the winking smilie. 
I'm not really waiting for Slash to write another book (no offense to Slash).

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:52:05 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »

Same reason I put it in italics and put the winking smilie. 
I'm not really waiting for Slash to write another book (no offense to Slash).

Well at least Slash didn't get turned away at the front door again haha
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 04:02:42 PM »

I think Slash and Axl needed this first time alone.  Kiss

He clearly did his homework...until he mixed up Steven with Izzy.  confused
I just think he wasnt updated. Izzy also played with the band before.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2016, 06:38:12 PM »

Cause Axl doesn't get up until late afternoon so it was technically supper?  hihi
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2016, 06:42:24 PM »

The t-shirt Beta is wearing...similar to the foxboro litho...does anyone know where they are/were for sale? Weren't at merch truck/booths for 20th show.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »

Updated the first post with the links  peace

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2016, 09:49:31 PM »

btw, Fernando, what about your accent speaking portuguese?  Grin

dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2016, 12:37:06 PM »

Oh how I'd love to be a fly o the wall at Axls house with Slash there for dinner.   beer

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

He has an accent?

Is it Finnish?  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »

He has an accent?

Is it Finnish?  Shocked

/jarmo

Someone told me it's British. Like..he sounds like Sean Connery speaking portuguese.

#notreally #IjustinventedhashtagsonHTGTH
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:28:59 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »

Very cool to see.  Thanks for digging it up in English.

Seemed more like a band than I thought before seeing this.  I don't mean they are all blood brothers again, but it sounds like this was something they mulled over and planned for some time.

All good news here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2016, 03:36:52 PM »

"And with Izzy... that's just something that I can't really.... describe. That's to say, I don't really know what to say about Izzy. It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way. And I'm not trying to take any shots at Izzy, it's just that his thing is kind of his thing. Whatever that is, y'know."

I don't think that answer gives any more clarity about why Izzy didn't participate in any way.  Is he saying they asked and then Izzy flaked out or they didn't bother asking him at all because they expected him to flake?  I would guess the first, but I really have no idea based on this.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

"And with Izzy... that's just something that I can't really.... describe. That's to say, I don't really know what to say about Izzy. It's like you could have a conversation and think it's one way and the next day it's another way. And I'm not trying to take any shots at Izzy, it's just that his thing is kind of his thing. Whatever that is, y'know."

I don't think that answer gives any more clarity about why Izzy didn't participate in any way.  Is he saying they asked and then Izzy flaked out or they didn't bother asking him at all because they expected him to flake?  I would guess the first, but I really have no idea based on this.

I remember back in '06 I believe Axl made comments at a couple of the shows about how Izzy "was supposed to be there" but was a no show.  So yeah, I imagine they asked him to come on out but for whatever reason he bowed out.  What capacity he was asked to participate (assuming he was asked) is anyone's guess.

Edit: I think that it's a good bet that a tour of this magnitude, spanning as long as it is, and the setlist requirements are likely a good deal more than Izzy wants to fuss with at this point in his life. And you also have to consider that they all know him better than any of us regarding what he'd be willing to do with Guns. He probably makes a good living off of the old Guns stuff and is perfectly content living his life and putting out music on his own dime and time. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:03:40 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »

I guess what he said is that Izzy's Izzy.

He hasn't toured in years. He's done guest spots with GN'R in the past, but that was it. He didn't do the full tour, or the full shows.....

We don't know if he agreed or not, and then changed his mind. Or if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to fully depend on his participation to do the full tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »

Highlights:

Axl authorized team Brazil to start negotiations with Duff and Slash in 2014 for the Coachela show! Coachela organizer was the spark for the reunion.
Axl called Slash in 2014.
Axl and Slash first met in person in October 2015 in Axls house!! Took so long because Slash was on tour!
Reporter asked about Izzy and Steven....Axl said Steven cant play much because undergone surgery recently!! And said Izzy is unpredictable...

Did Axl mention the year?  I think he called Slash in 2015, and then they got together in October 2015.  Any way you slice it, it's amazing that Axl reached out to Slash first.  It's also interesting that Axl seems to be implying that Steven may be playing even more with the band if it weren't for his back problems.  Izzy issues aside, it's great that all these original member relationships are coming full circle.

Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Axl's house with Slash there for dinner.

Indeed!   ok  Great of you to use the title of an AC/DC album in that statement too.   hihi

Well at least Slash didn't get turned away at the front door again haha

Good one.  rofl   rofl  I wonder if Slash was thinking that as he waited for Axl to open the door.   hihi
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »

I guess what he said is that Izzy's Izzy.

He hasn't toured in years. He's done guest spots with GN'R in the past, but that was it. He didn't do the full tour, or the full shows.....

We don't know if he agreed or not, and then changed his mind. Or if it's simply a matter of them not wanting to fully depend on his participation to do the full tour.

/jarmo

Yeah, I see that, I guess the surprising thing was that there were not any guest spots at all.  That seemed to work in the past... not having to rely on him and maybe him not wanting to be relied on.  Whenever he shows up, he can step on stage for a song or 2 and that's it.  That he was completely absent might suggest a broader disagreement... or not, maybe Izzy just wasn't feeling it this year, who knows...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: