Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Duff interview this sunday for Brazilian TV (now with Izzy's response)  (Read 63553 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »

Just to take the piss, how stoned was Axl when he finally decided to call Slash after 18 years?  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2016, 11:06:02 AM »

What a really cool interview, way more in depth than I thought.  As interesting as it would have been to have Eddie Trunk ask them what their favorite Kiss records are, this was way better.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »

Just to take the piss, how stoned was Axl when he finally decided to call Slash after 18 years?  hihi

Just imagine the look on Slash's face getting that call!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »

Probably stone cold sober, I'd imagine.  I think it was building towards this starting in 2014.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »

Interesting to think how Axl was trying already in 2014 and during 2015.. and then again, he was also working on studio at the same time, probably with Richard.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »

Talk about lost in translation.  Based on the comments here, I think youze all watched/listened to a whole different interview than me.  hihi

It always amazes me how Axl could be so zen as in this interview and then a few moments later be full out top gear onstage.  I've seen him do that a number of times where for whatever reason he stops the band mid-song, addresses whatever issue needs to be addressed, and then picks up the song again at the same tempo as if he never stopped.

I loved how diplomatically he tried to say that Izzy not being there is nothing more than Izzy being Izzy (which is fine with me if that truly is the reason).

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say Bon Scott's name instead of Brain Johnson when he was referring to singing some AC/DC songs off the early albums.

Thanks Jarmo for providing the video link in English on the main site page.

For what it was, I enjoyed it.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »

Just imagine the look on Slash's face getting that call!

And to think that the 'Not in this lifetime' happened 2 years prior to that.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »

Talk about lost in translation.  Based on the comments here, I think youze all watched/listened to a whole different interview than me.  hihi

It always amazes me how Axl could be so zen as in this interview and then a few moments later be full out top gear onstage.  I've seen him do that a number of times where for whatever reason he stops the band mid-song, addresses whatever issue needs to be addressed, and then picks up the song again at the same tempo as if he never stopped.

I loved how diplomatically he tried to say that Izzy not being there is nothing more than Izzy being Izzy (which is fine with me if that truly is the reason).

I could be wrong but I think he meant to say Bon Scott's name instead of Brain Johnson when he was referring to singing some AC/DC songs off the early albums.

No, I think he meant the early albums with Brian Johnson. He's talked before about how hard it is to sing the Back In Black era songs.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2016, 03:48:33 PM »

Maybe he was high on ayahuasca.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »

Faldor, yes, I agree...he was talking about the first couple of Brian Johnson albums. The Bon Scott stuff has to be easier.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »

Faldor, yes, I agree...he was talking about the first couple of Brian Johnson albums. The Bon Scott stuff has to be easier.

Axl seemed very careful to use the right words.  I am sure he meant Brian
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »

So all those quiet months in 2015 when Slash was only posting horror film pictures on social media were leading up to this.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2016, 09:10:29 PM »

Slash had dinner with Axl....Veal Piccata...side of pasta marinara...cannoli's (leave the gun, take the cannoli's)...they patch everything up over dinner...decide to go make a shit ton of money...only in Gnr land....classic. Grin

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2016, 02:48:47 AM »

I think it's obvious that Axl called Slash and not viceversa.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2016, 05:35:21 AM »

I think he clarified stating the 1s pt couple of Brian Johnson albums meaning Back in Black and For Those About To Rock..
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:55 AM »

Wonder why Slash wasn't there.. Someone stared this was better than the Eddie Trunk radio interview...I disagree, this was cool but we really didn't learn anything new..The ET interview show cased an Axl we haven't seen before..It was his 1st lengthy interview in decades...It was as much as an interview as a moment to hangout with Axl..
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2016, 08:27:56 AM »

you learned why the guys got back together....Coachella and dinner!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »

Wonder why Slash wasn't there..
Don't know but maybe to avoid any unnecessary drama for the band?

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2016, 09:14:02 AM »

Wonder why Slash wasn't there.. Someone stared this was better than the Eddie Trunk radio interview...I disagree, this was cool but we really didn't learn anything new..The ET interview show cased an Axl we haven't seen before..It was his 1st lengthy interview in decades...It was as much as an interview as a moment to hangout with Axl..

we learned who was the responsible for putting them back together, how everything happened, when it happened, that izzy is not there because he's is being izzy and doesn't to be there, steven really had back surgery, what was the deal with the cd songs on the setlist...for a 15 min interview in a major network channel not specialized in music, i think it's pretty good. the interviewer, alvaro pereira junior, clearly did his homework, watched axl's "interview" to that china thing. he asked great questions. i'm sure that if he had more time he could get even more from the guys.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »

we learned who was the responsible for putting them back together, how everything happened, when it happened, that izzy is not there because he's is being izzy and doesn't to be there, steven really had back surgery, what was the deal with the cd songs on the setlist...for a 15 min interview in a major network channel not specialized in music, i think it's pretty good. the interviewer, alvaro pereira junior, clearly did his homework, watched axl's "interview" to that china thing. he asked great questions. i'm sure that if he had more time he could get even more from the guys.

He clearly did his homework...until he mixed up Steven with Izzy.  confused Honestly, we didn't really learn much at all...but were you expecting to?  This is on par (maybe a little better) than the Trunk interview from a few years ago, IMO.  We all knew that Duff was the bridge to connect Axl and Slash...and Izzy's always Izzy.   Now if Axl were to ever go on Stern...then we'd learn something!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: