Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)  (Read 44946 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »

4 songs isnt a "plethora". Really. And ever thought that the band thinks its actually a good idea to expose those 50k people to these songs now?

They have had 15 years now.

Are you honestly suggesting they were unaware of them?  Or had not heard them?

8 of 10 people at my show were in some sort of GNR garb.  Care to guess how many CD era shirts I saw?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2016, 12:40:56 PM »

Don't worry. I've already have. I'm only going to the shows in L.A. I could go to a lot more. But Izzy and Adler are not permanent members. And the set list is not ideal either.

I'm not sure I'm not in the winning side. Remember the WSJ article? And we know now that the second shows in the big cities are exactly not sold out. Just check StubHub and Ticketmasters

I hate when you are wrong  rofl

1) The WSJ article was bunk. Proven so by LiveNations press release. Hell, they use MSL as a source..I'm not sure what more proof you need than that, even if the LN press release wasn't out there.  Given their revenue (AT THAT TIME), BEFORE the SA shows, this would be a top 5 tour this year.  I don't know how you can possibly think that's not successful.  And given the fact they expect to sell a HUGE number of tickets (1 million) for the tour by the time it's done...I'd say a whole lot more people are voting MY way, than yours. And hell, you prove my point actually.  You're still going to a show, right? Uh huh.

2) I don't think they expected 2nd shows to sell out. I know that no reasonable person would.  And you don't need to, to make money, which is the primary goal of the promoters.  They seem quite happy with their revenue totals, given the glowing press release.

So, if you hate it when I'm wrong, you must be VERY happy right now.

When you come up with a survey that shows more than 50% of people at the shows don't like the set list, or 50% of potential ticket buyers don't...you might have something worth listening to. Not by me, but by the band and the promoters (who won't care otherwise)  Til then...like I said, I hate it when I'm right. Bitching just to bitch.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:51:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »

The tour is an overwhelming success.  Stadium shows during holiday months on weekdays are never expected to be sell outs, much less multiple dates.   I'm looking forward to not seeing you at many of the shows.

What's funny is that EVERY OTHER article about the tour has cited it's overwhelming success, and quality.

But one article, after a show in a market that GnR traditionally does not sell tons of tickets in (Arrowhead was ALSO not a sell out back in the 90's, for the Faith No More, Metallica, GnR tour, either), based on supposition and terrible sources, is held up as the gold standard. Because..it fits the narrative the particular poster wants to be true (even when anyone with eyes can see otherwise).

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »

Second shows were perhaps a bit ambitious, but also gravy.

The show I still can't figure out is Arrowhead.  27,000 people is way light.  And the outlier, thus far.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »

The show I still can't figure out is Arrowhead.  27,000 people is way light.  And the outlier, thus far.

Someone wanted to play there?  Given history, I agree. It's a questionable venue to hit. Not exactly a hot market for them, even when they (and Metallica) were the biggest band in the world.

But you can hide one break even, or even small loser, among the big sales they've managed at the rest of their shows. 

And you're right. 2nd shows are basically gravy.  Lets you spread costs over 2 shows, and, for somewhere like Foxboro, end up playing to something around 80k in 2 days.  Not too shabby for 2 weekday shows. Wink That's akin to almost a WEEKS worth of arena shows in attendance.

Yeah, they're doing just fine.  ok

Together again,
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

27,000 is two sold out arenas! Slipnkot is touring w MM/Of Mice & Men and cant sell out arenas/amphitheaters... I told my cousin yesterday before we went that there was only gonna be 20k people. He said "ONLY"Huh Is still alot of people. More then any other hard rock/metal band roght now...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »

27,000 is two sold out arenas! Slipnkot is touring w MM/Of Mice & Men and cant sell out arenas/amphitheaters... I told my cousin yesterday before we went that there was only gonna be 20k people. He said "ONLY"Huh Is still alot of people. More then any other hard rock/metal band roght now...

But it's the outlier in terms of other towns that only got one show.  That's what I meant.

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »

Also-- I was Chicago Open Air last weekend. It Ramstein, Disturbed and Slipknkt closing from Fri-Sun. Plus many oher bands like 5FDP, KSE, Alter Bridge, Chevelle etc... Not one of those days was there more people then at GNR show right now and GNR is doing it alone! They announced openers wayyyyy after... Metallica is playing a stadium in MN but they have A7X AND Volbeat opening. 2 huge bands... GNR IS DOING FINE.....

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »

Also-- I was Chicago Open Air last weekend. It Ramstein, Disturbed and Slipknkt closing from Fri-Sun. Plus many oher bands like 5FDP, KSE, Alter Bridge, Chevelle etc... Not one of those days was there more people then at GNR show right now and GNR is doing it alone! They announced openers wayyyyy after... Metallica is playing a stadium in MN but they have A7X AND Volbeat opening. 2 huge bands... GNR IS DOING FINE.....

Who is saying they aren't?

Is an offhand comment about ticket sales at one show in Kansas City really a DEFCON 1 situation?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »

But it's the outlier in terms of other towns that only got one show.  That's what I meant.

I mean..it's a rock band playing in a Kenny Chesney/Taylor swift market.  It's really that simple.

And I'm not putting down those acts (they're not my taste, but they're incredibly talented, popular acts).  But that's the taste of that area, and has been for YEARS.

It was ambitious, for sure. BUT, here's the thing..it was NOT a ghost town.  No, they ddn't manage 35 to 40k+, like other towns have for single, weeknight shows have.  But the place was NOT empty.

I actually think THATS a testament to how well they're doing.  That they could go into a market where they sold about 35k tickets in 1993, for a weekend show, with FNM and Metallica on the bill, and still manage 27k tickets.  

I mean...to me...that's an impressive feat 23 years later.  There are very, very, very few bands who, at this stage of their career, could manage that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:06:22 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2016, 01:01:48 PM »

I'd love for them to play Catcher in Met Life on Saturday.  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2016, 01:02:11 PM »

Is an offhand comment about ticket sales at one show in Kansas City really a DEFCON 1 situation?

Princess Leia was. Wink  Or was trying to imply it, at least.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:07:17 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »

You're right. Got a lil excited haha

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »

I think I said this in the General thread.

There isn't (that I'm aware of) a curfew for Metlife Shows on the weekends.

They could do a 4 hour marathon, if they were of a mind.

I'm hoping for some surprises. Smiley

I'd be totally satisfied, though, if we got exactly what we've gotten in previous cities. Smiley

Together again,
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »

I'd be totally satisfied, though, if we got exactly what we've gotten in previous cities. Smiley

If I can find a babysitter for my two boys Im def gonna try to go!!  NYC are always "special"... Altho hearing CITR last night from the pit was special to me...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2016, 01:09:13 PM »

If I can find a babysitter for my two boys Im def gonna try to go!!  NYC are always "special"... Altho hearing CITR last night from the pit was special to me...

You come down, and we can find a way to be in the same place at the same time, I'll buy a round to say thanks for the scoping! Smiley

Together again,
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »

You come down, and we can find a way to be in the same place at the same time, I'll buy a round to say thanks for the scoping! Smiley

If I do go I will def take the free drink... Because I will be broke!! Haha thnx

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »

Going to be Africa hot though.

Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

At least it's a "guns n roses song"

But why play that over any other guns song.

Remember the album lies.   

Where are all those songs?

All play your CD songs all you want. But don't drop actual guns songs from the set list to do that.  Drop stupid covers.  Drop the seeker

Play more songs off of lies!

Move in to the city !
Are you a troll or something? Chinese democracy as an album is very underrated. So many good songs including catcher so what's your problem? The band is on fire, I've never seen Axl this happy, slash is unreal. The band is tight and you're still moaning? Come on. This was never meant to happen and yet we have it. Enjoy it because it won't last forever and just stop moaning for fucks sake.

He very much has a point. Look Axl has been playing CD songs for the last 15 years or so. Sure there were hiatus years. But Axl had plenty of show where he could play all CD songs with nuGN'R if he wanted to. The time to play CD songs is over now. This is a reunion tour. It shouldn't be a sequel of the CD tour.

There are 50,000 people attending shows now. Let's say 10,000 care a lot about CTIR, Sorry, The Seeker. But there are 40,000 people who bought tickets to listen the classic hits and other songs form AFD, Lies and UYI albums. How do I know this? Because nuGN'R didn't have 50,000 people buying tickets except when they played festivals in Europe or South America.

I don't mind one or two CD songs but not 4 every show, not The Seeker and the jams they do. I know Axl loves The Seeker. Here it's an idea. He can sing The Seeker all he wants when he is the shower

Well firstly has this been advertised as a reunion because I don't think it has? It's a 'not in this lifetime' tour meaning slash and Axl back together again. It's not a reunion so just putting that out there. Secondly to me it doesn't matter what the guys play. I never thought in a million years Slash and Axl would be on the stage together again so I'm still getting over that. This right now is too good to be true. I just think moaning about the set list is ridiculous, sure I'd like to see a few changes myself but I just don't see the point in mentioning it. The guys are obviously happy with the set list and while the shows go on, I'm sure they will continue to change a song or two. Meh, I'm just happy regardless. Just think moaning and whining achieves nothing (not saying you are).
Princess Leia
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »

Don't worry. I've already have. I'm only going to the shows in L.A. I could go to a lot more. But Izzy and Adler are not permanent members. And the set list is not ideal either.

I'm not sure I'm not in the winning side. Remember the WSJ article? And we know now that the second shows in the big cities are exactly not sold out. Just check StubHub and Ticketmasters

I hate when you are wrong  rofl

1) The WSJ article was bunk. Proven so by LiveNations press release. Hell, they use MSL as a source..I'm not sure what more proof you need than that, even if the LN press release wasn't out there.  Given their revenue (AT THAT TIME), BEFORE the SA shows, this would be a top 5 tour this year.  I don't know how you can possibly think that's not successful.  And given the fact they expect to sell a HUGE number of tickets (1 million) for the tour by the time it's done...I'd say a whole lot more people are voting MY way, than yours. And hell, you prove my point actually.  You're still going to a show, right? Uh huh.

2) I don't think they expected 2nd shows to sell out. I know that no reasonable person would.  And you don't need to, to make money, which is the primary goal of the promoters.  They seem quite happy with their revenue totals, given the glowing press release.

So, if you hate it when I'm wrong, you must be VERY happy right now.

When you come up with a survey that shows more than 50% of people at the shows don't like the set list, or 50% of potential ticket buyers don't...you might have something worth listening to. Not by me, but by the band and the promoters (who won't care otherwise)  Til then...like I said, I hate it when I'm right. Bitching just to bitch.

I didn't prove your point. I said I'm ging ONLY to the L.A. shows when I could go to MORE if Adler and Izzy were permanent members and the setlist was a bit different.

What do you mean they don't expect to sell second shows? They don't schedule them just for the hell of it. And in some cases when they perfom one show in a given city is not sold out either. We know they have upgraded tickets and the upper decks were closed for some shows. So maybe the WSJ might have a point. That's what I'm saying. I never said MSL was a reliable source. Again see for yourself. Check Ticketmaster and StubHub.

Anyway I don't know why we are discussing this when we were discussing the setlist. I don't know why you brought up my wallet and the winning side crap.

It's really sad when a member of the forum says he doesn't like the covers and CD songs. And all he got was insults and bully. You have the right to your opini?n about the setlist and Baconman has every right to say he doesn't like CITR and The Seeker.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: