Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)  (Read 45010 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2016, 06:44:52 AM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

At least it's a "guns n roses song"

But why play that over any other guns song.

Remember the album lies.   

Where are all those songs?

All play your CD songs all you want. But don't drop actual guns songs from the set list to do that.  Drop stupid covers.  Drop the seeker

Play more songs off of lies!

Move in to the city !

Um, they dropped Sorry (which they played the night before). 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2016, 07:15:29 AM »

it really doesn't matter what song they pick as a "surprise", any (and I mean ANY) GNR song is good. yeah, they probably won't play My World hihi but besides that one - just do it.
as for the covers - well... I really dislike KOHD and LALD... I know these are almost considered GNR songs and not covers, but still I feel they could use the two spots for something they actually wrote. no matter if classic GNR, new GNR or solo stuff.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2016, 07:30:03 AM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

Remember the album lies.   

All play your CD songs all you want. But don't drop actual guns songs from the set list to do that.  Drop stupid covers.  Drop the seeker

Move in to the city !

Haters are the biggest fans!  CITR is brilliant!  Slash on it legitimizes it as well.  Each time Slash plays a CHINESE album song, it becomes legit!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Princess Leia
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

Remember the album lies.   

Move in to the city !
Are you a troll or something? Chinese democracy as an album is very underrated. So many good songs including catcher so what's your problem? The band is on fire, I've never seen Axl this happy, slash is unreal. The band is tight and you're still moaning? Come on. This was never meant to happen and yet we have it. Enjoy it because it won't last forever and just stop moaning for fucks sake.

He very much has a point. Look Axl has been playing CD songs for the last 15 years or so. Sure there were hiatus years. But Axl had plenty of show where he could play all CD songs with nuGN'R if he wanted to. The time to play CD songs is over now. This is a reunion tour. It shouldn't be a sequel of the CD tour.

There are 50,000 people attending shows now. Let's say 10,000 care a lot about CTIR, Sorry, The Seeker. But there are 40,000 people who bought tickets to listen the classic hits and other songs form AFD, Lies and UYI albums. How do I know this? Because nuGN'R didn't have 50,000 people buying tickets except when they played festivals in Europe or South America.

I don't mind one or two CD songs but not 4 every show, not The Seeker and the jams they do. I know Axl loves The Seeker. Here it's an idea. He can sing The Seeker all he wants when he is the shower
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »

Finally the great citr....sounds goods  beer drool it needs a little more rehearsing but i like it  beer
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

Remember the album lies.   

Move in to the city !
Are you a troll or something? Chinese democracy as an album is very underrated. So many good songs including catcher so what's your problem? The band is on fire, I've never seen Axl this happy, slash is unreal. The band is tight and you're still moaning? Come on. This was never meant to happen and yet we have it. Enjoy it because it won't last forever and just stop moaning for fucks sake.

He very much has a point. Look Axl has been playing CD songs for the last 15 years or so. Sure there were hiatus years. But Axl had plenty of show where he could play all CD songs with nuGN'R if he wanted to. The time to play CD songs is over now. This is a reunion tour. It shouldn't be a sequel of the CD tour.

There are 50,000 people attending shows now. Let's say 10,000 care a lot about CTIR, Sorry, The Seeker. But there are 40,000 people who bought tickets to listen the classic hits and other songs form AFD, Lies and UYI albums. How do I know this? Because nuGN'R didn't have 50,000 people buying tickets except when they played festivals in Europe or South America.

I don't mind one or two CD songs but not 4 every show, not The Seeker and the jams they do. I know Axl loves The Seeker. Here it's an idea. He can sing The Seeker all he wants when he is the shower

Great post. This tour's promotion was all about a return to a classic GNR, instead Axl treats it like a continuation of the CD era. I don't mind CD songs in the set, it's a great 'Axl solo' album and it's awesome to hear slash's take on the lead guitar work. But when half the set is covers, jams and Axl's solo work, I think you misjudged and 'betrayed' your core audience. The people who, after 23 years, can finallly see the real GNR live and came to hear classic GNR songs.

That said, Slash (and Duff) take those CD songs to the level they belong at. Respect !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »

Citr sucks

I hate that song

Remember the album lies.   

Move in to the city !

Great post. This tour's promotion was all about a return to a classic GNR, instead Axl treats it like a continuation of the CD era. I don't mind CD songs in the set, it's a great 'Axl solo' album and it's awesome to hear slash's take on the lead guitar work. But when half the set is covers, jams and Axl's solo work, I think you misjudged and 'betrayed' your core audience. The people who, after 23 years, can finallly see the real GNR live and came to hear classic GNR songs.

That said, Slash (and Duff) take those CD songs to the level they belong at. Respect !

I think Duff & Slash took the decision to play those songs because they like them and obviously in order to reach out a hand to axl. I think it's cool. When new music will come out, probably they'll drop a couple of cd songs.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »

For fuck's sake, they are killing it....let them play what they want. If you don't want to hear certain songs, don't go. It is as simple as that.

As for Slash's take on CD material....killer. I don't give two shits if it sounds like the album or not. His guitar tone and Axl's voice just mesh. Suck it.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2016, 08:22:58 AM »

I love that, once again, we've got people who want to find something to bitch about.

The shows are awesome.

They're showing up on time.

They seem to be getting along.

The reviews are good.

The sales are good.

So..what can we nitpick to bitch about? Oh, right..the setlist and pitting the Classic Lineup vs the CD era lineups.  BOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!

I think it's time for some folks to come to terms with the fact that Slash and Duff RECOGNIZE CD as being part of Guns n Roses.  You can all sit there and think otherwise, call it an Axl solo album, or diss the former lineups and their contributions all you want. It doesn't matter one lick.

Because, at the end of the day, Slash and Duff are up there playing those songs.  I have bad news for you folks... they are acknowledging that CD IS GnR. As much as Suicide, AFD, Lies, UYI 1 and 2, and Spaghetti incident.

They aren't doing a disservice to anyone. They are rocking the fuck out of the material.  If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't go see 'em.  Or continue to bitch while the rest of us go to shows, have a blast, and enjoy what we're getting...and we'll keep laughing our asses off at you all the way to the shows.

It really is true: No matter how good it is, someone will find something to bitch about. Ye Gods.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:25:09 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2016, 08:26:12 AM »

For fuck's sake, they are killing it....let them play what they want. If you don't want to hear certain songs, don't go. It is as simple as that.

As for Slash's take on CD material....killer. I don't give two shits if it sounds like the album or not. His guitar tone and Axl's voice just mesh. Suck it.  hihi

Once again, jarmo...we NEED a like button. Wink

And I echo those sentiments all the way around. Including "Suck it".

Together again,
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2016, 08:31:24 AM »

Hear! Hear!

And also what Pilferk said. People should stop bitching....

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »

Hear! Hear!

And also what Pilferk said. People should stop bitching....

I mean..if there was actually something substantive to bitch about..I'd get it. I even get some of the disappointment over Not enough Adler and No Izzy (a little bit). But this? This is like getting Dom and bitching it's not Moet.

I love "My Michelle".  They swap it in and out of the setlist, and I have no expectation that I'll hear it on Saturday. 

If I don't, and they swap in an extra CD song...do you think I'm gonna bitch? Or be disappointed? FUCK NO!!

As long as they play a killer show (which they've done pretty much every fucking show, so far), I'm gonna leave there on cloud nine.  I will actually, likely, shed a tear or two when they take the stage.  I'm literally getting something that, about 9 months ago (go ahead, check my post history) I didn't think there was a chance in hell we'd ever, ever, ever get. EVER.

I just....given everything that's gone on over the past year...HOW CAN YOU ACTUALLY SIT THERE AND WANT MORE/DIFFERENT?? How can you actually sit there and pick nits?

I don't get it.  I just don't.  That mindset just completely flabbergasts me.

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »

thanks....not trying to be an ass, but, overall, this literally can't be any better.  

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »

The fact that Slash and Duff want to play "Chinese" songs trumps whatever any fan opinions are on what a  "true" Guns N Roses song is, I'm pretty sure they win that argument.   The complaining never ceases to amaze me, the setlist is perfect!  "Coma" is being played on a nightly basis...a NIGHTLY basis!  Seriously now, let that sink in.

I am sure most of you here love hearing the "Chinese" songs.  For obvious reasons, this tour it has brought a lot of the old fans out of the woodwork, and when they play the songs from CD it definitely feels like a treat for the diehards who continued to follow the band over the years.  The most exciting points of the shows I have been to so far were "Coma" and watching Slash's take on the "Chinese" material.  

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »

The most exciting points of the shows I have been to so far were "Coma" and watching Slash's take on the "Chinese" material.  

I love it!  It's awesome to hear his take on the material!

Together again,
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »

Pilferk, too funny...my brother, wife and I are going next week. Bro and I saw 3 UYI shows together...wife has never seen Guns. My brother said he may need to wear sunglasses to cover up the tears...same here. Our mom died in 1991 and we drove to Noblesville Indiana for 2 shows....a lot of emotion there. It is gonna be awesome to see and my buddy at Live Nation says they expect 45-55k in the ATL....daughter wants to go too but not with her parents! Grin

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »

They added Sorry to the previous setlist. Didnt replace any old song for it. Now they played Catcher instead of Sorry. I'm not a mathematician, but seems like there's no subtraction here.

Get real: the setlist is mainly AFD songs with some Illusions, including some rare songs like Coma and tracks they didnt play for years like Double Talkin Jive. Now they've added a spot to a CD song in the rotation and you somehow feel "betrayed"? Fuck that.

Also, breaking news - those are Guns N' Roses songs. Moan all you want. Its still GNR. And not even only Axl's, but also Dizzy's (and Richard and Frank stuff in there).

Totally agree - with sky dog and with the like button

Princess Leia
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2016, 08:52:36 AM »

This is not about Slash and Duff liking CD, willing to accept that CD is a GN'R album and doing an amazing performance. This is 50,000 people attending shows and what THEY want to listen at the shows.

Do those 50,000 people want to listen VR songs? Only 10 people around forums want that. Then VR sonsgs don't belong in the set list. CD on the other hand is a GN'R album at least from the legal or technical point of view. So ok, play one or two of those. But GN'R shouldn't forget that 50,000 don't buy tickets because they are crazy inlove with CD songs, jams and The Seeker. They want to see Axl and Slash together performing hits and old songs.

Fans attending shows have said here that when TIL or Sorry are being playing they see a lot of people go to get themselves a beer or just go to take a leak.

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2016, 08:54:56 AM »

What a night! Got upgraded to great floor seats.  Get to see them play catcher in the Rye for the first time. Amazing show

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I can guarantee you that I heard not one person complain about too many CD songs or "The Seeker", or a lack of songs off of "Lies" entering, exiting, or at Gillette Stadium. You only get those complaints on the forums. Never fails. In fact, a friend of mine said the should ditch "Coma", a song beloved by all GNR nerds. So as much as you think others would love to hear "Locomotive" or "Move to the City". Different strokes for different folks. Sure Axl can sing the songs in the shower. You could also create your own dream setlist and crank it in the car. Everyone is happy, problem solved.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: