Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:04:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 90413 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »

It's a no win situation for them to all sit together and play nice. Doesn't serve their aura or reputation well. Plus, Axl is doing a ton of promotion with the AC/DC thing. Just show up June 23rd and kick ass. Wink

Pretty much.

I'm sure the first show gets a big splashy review.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »

once the AC/DC thing ends they may open up a little....the problem is there is only 11 days of downtime for Axl between tours. Aye. nervous

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »

Seems some new tickets have been released for Dallas. You can now get some in section D. Some new ones in C238 have popped up too.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2016, 12:55:20 PM »

The second night in the big cities don't appear to be to selling too well... there are sections that are practically empty.

I hope they don't have any issues there.

I was just checking to see about seats for a possible trip to Chi town or LA... and noticed you can sit jsut about wherever you want.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2016, 01:11:11 PM »

Think they would just cancel any second show with truly bad numbers?

I honestly have no clue.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2016, 01:28:32 PM »

I honestly have no clue.

Not sure, but he's right.  Throw a dart at the Chicago map for the 2nd show, and you can find a seat just about anywhere.  Not good.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2016, 01:30:49 PM »

I honestly have no clue.

Not sure, but he's right.  Throw a dart at the Chicago map for the 2nd show, and you can find a seat just about anywhere.  Not good.

Which is shocking to me, because I would have considered that the third safest city for a second show after NY/NJ and L.A.

I wonder when they have to make a call.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »

Oh please. Enough with the doom and gloom. First we had the ones who kept insisting that a stadium tour would never happen.

Now this? The second shows aren't selling good enough?

Think about it. The routing of the tour allows for these second shows in these cities. Do they allow more dates in the same cities? No? What does that tell you? Maybe that they didn't expect to do more than two shows in those cities? Now, keep that in mind, and then think about the fact that maybe whoever booked the tour knows what they are doing?

I know worrying about these kinds of things is what some of you do best. But sometimes you just gotta relax a little. After all, it's Friday!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »

There is still plenty of time for the sale of those second dates. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2016, 02:31:39 PM »

I know worrying about these kinds of things is what some of you do best. But sometimes you just gotta relax a little. After all, it's Friday!  ok

And you worrying about the worrying (often by your lonesome) is one of the things you do best.

Lead by example and show us the light, Dear Leader.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

There is still plenty of time for the sale of those second dates. 

Well, yes and no.

I imagine the people shut out of the first dates are your first buyers for show #2.

Then you move on to people willing to go both night, which gets pricey.  And people that can be talked into it.

There is opportunity there, but I think its incremental.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »

Eh I am too tired to argue...

It was just an observation.

Hopefully the seats will fill up.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »

Eh I am too tired to argue...

It was just an observation.

Hopefully the seats will fill up.

I'm in total shill mode.

On my FB page, I post at least one AXL/DC video and one video from the April GNR shows each week.  Sometimes, more than one.

Trying to get the word out to anyone on the fence that a ticket is a worthwhile buy.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »

I honestly have no clue.

I doubt it.  When you are doing a second show in a city and you don't have to travel or move any gear you don't need to have a full house for the show to be profitable.

I think New York and Boston will be pretty packed for those second nights in 2 months when the shows actually happen.  Maybe not sold out, but they wont be empty enough for cancellations to come into the discussion.  It is a little surprising to me  how the first night for NJ went so fast people got locked out and the second night has dragged the way it has.

The first nights in all of these cities are either sold out, close to sold out, or have sold reasonably well.  A second night in a stadium is very ambitious, and the upper levels are a little overpriced in my opinion for some of the locations. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:03:12 PM by Bodhi » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2016, 03:02:58 PM »

I doubt it.  When you are doing a second show in a city and you don't have to travel or move any gear you don't need to have a full house for the show to be profitable.

I think New York and Boston will be pretty packed for those second nights in 2 months when the shows actually happen.  Maybe not sold out, but they wont be empty.  It is a little surprising to me  how the first night for NJ went so fast people got locked out and the second night has dragged the way it has.

Oh no, not empty.

Does 50-60% capacity still make dough?  Don't know.

I think so long as you don't lose money, you do it.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »

I think New York and Boston will be pretty packed for those second nights in 2 months when the shows actually happen.  Maybe not sold out, but they wont be empty.  It is a little surprising to me  how the first night for NJ went so fast people got locked out and the second night has dragged the way it has.

Oh no, not empty.

Also I think it would be in the bands best interest to take a potential financial hit for some of those second nights as opposed to canceling a show.  Canceling a show would be a PR disaster for the band considering how many people still have a negative perception of them when it comes to that stuff.

Like I said I don't even think it will get to that.  I think once the tour gets rolling and reviews come in that in itself will be some pretty good promotion and those tickets will move.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »

The second night in the big cities don't appear to be to selling too well... there are sections that are practically empty.

I hope they don't have any issues there.

I was just checking to see about seats for a possible trip to Chi town or LA... and noticed you can sit jsut about wherever you want.

Second LA show has sold pretty well. About 50% sold it looks like.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #237 on: May 20, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

Oh no, not empty.

Idk how much economics have changed in 18 yrs, but...back when i was helping churn numbers, yup. Anything over about 40% capacity on night 2 made money for a big touring act. Some acts it was more like over 30%.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »

And you worrying about the worrying (often by your lonesome) is one of the things you do best.

Lead by example and show us the light, Dear Leader.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I don't worry about your endless negative worrying. I can't help but to chuckle a bit at your comments though.
That's not worrying either. Sorry again.  Cheesy

Edited to add: I'm not an expert. How many shows that aren't 100% sold out get canceled? In the real world... You see, the old "other bands are doing it why can't GN'R?" routine could be used here.... Not every show that takes place is sold out. But they don't get canceled... But suddenly GN'R is supposed to start canceling shows because the second shows in certain cities didn't sell "enough" to satisfy some fans?

Makes no sense to me. But then again, what do I know.... Maybe somebody can show me the numbers for these shows and convince me how wrong I am and how they deserve to get scrapped at this point so we they can move on to something else to "worry" about....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:06:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »

Like I said I don't even think it will get to that.  I think once the tour gets rolling and reviews come in that in itself will be some pretty good promotion and those tickets will move.

Wonder if they'd consider a pro shot song or two that first night.

That first night's pro shot 'Rock Or Bust' was EVERYWHERE.  Websites, forums, Facebook.

And reaction was universal : Holy shit, listen how awesome Axl Rose sounds.  People should go to these shows.

So does a pro shot of WTTJ from the Detroit show maybe do the same thing for their own tour?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: