Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 90434 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2016, 10:44:59 AM »

I was trying for Toronto show tickets.....which were very VERY hard to get.  Toronto has been Sold Out for days now.

So today I went and clicked through ALL of the tour dates/cities.

I was VERY surprised to find some cities with tons of tickets left.  Some even had GA Pit tickets (not VIP) available.

Washington, Kansas, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, both Texas, San Fransisco, Orlando, Seattle and Arizona....All had lots of good seats left as of April 4th mid day.

Cities that have none or virtually no tickets left include Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, Philly, Toronto, Foxboro, NJ, Atlanta and San Diego.

I bring this up because it is surprising to me and to raise the level of awareness on here that different people are experiencing VERY different situations.  Toronto was near impossible....

Seattle probably should have been Vancouver and given Canada a second option.  No offense to Seattle, but its not selling and the sole Canadian date sold out in minutes.

I wonder why cities differ?

it's 2016, not 1992. the brutal fact is that not as many people care about gn'r like they use too.

it's pointless thinking about these kind of things. just enjoy the show.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:47:03 AM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »

Doesn't seem like there's that many tickets left for San Diego...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »

I wonder if they might choose to do any more promotion for tour with so many seats still available in certain cities?  Maybe announcing another act may help

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2016, 09:38:53 AM »

Most of what is still available at my show is resale.

Thing is, as far as the band is concerned, that's already a sold seat.  They don't have to really concern themselves with any seat in maroon, just the ones in blue.

I expect a fairly full building in 2 months.  Which will be incredible to see.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »

Hi all!

I was very fortunate to get help from this forum about 10 years ago to get tickets to the Hammerstein Ballroom shows in NYC, and then later at Madison Square Garden (one of these shows Robin jumped off stage and banged his head pretty good).

Anyways, I'm looking for help again.

I need 2 tickets to the Saturday July 23rd...hopefully in the GA area. Willing to pay, even though I'm broke haha!

Please help.

Thanks,
Pat
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »

Detroit: Additional tickets for Guns N? Roses? June 23 concert at Ford Field go on sale at 5 p.m. today, promoters have announced.

The new tickets, which will go on sale through Ford Field?s website, were opened up after production plans for the concert were finalized. Additional tickets, priced $49.50-$253.50, are now on sale.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/05/18/guns-roses-add-seats-alice-chains-ford-field/84543218/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »

thanks for the info, J man!!!!!!!!!!!!1 you da man!!!

Detroit: Additional tickets for Guns N? Roses? June 23 concert at Ford Field go on sale at 5 p.m. today, promoters have announced.

The new tickets, which will go on sale through Ford Field?s website, were opened up after production plans for the concert were finalized. Additional tickets, priced $49.50-$253.50, are now on sale.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/05/18/guns-roses-add-seats-alice-chains-ford-field/84543218/

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »

/jarmo

Is there any password? I don't think so, just asking to make sure in case the add more tickets to other shows
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2016, 02:55:34 PM »

I don't think these are presale tickets anymore.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »

Despite the 1st show selling out, sales for the 2nd Chicago show have seemingly slowed to a crawl.  Lots of good seats still open.  Hopefully word of AIC and perhaps some promotion will fill it up.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »

Despite the 1st show selling out, sales for the 2nd Chicago show have seemingly slowed to a crawl.  Lots of good seats still open.  Hopefully word of AIC and perhaps some promotion will fill it up.

Rock bands don't even play arenas anymore, so filling up a stadium not once but twice is a tremendously hard thing to do.  I think you are right that now that AIC and Lenny Kravitz have been announced that along with some promotion will start moving the rest of the tickets.  Honestly it only seems that the 2nd date in these cities have slow sales, the rest of the dates are either sold out, very close, or will be by the day of the show.

If the band were to put out a new single for those local radio markets to play and talk about that would definitely move tickets.

I also think once the tour gets going and the shows are happening that will help sell the remaining tickets. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:06:29 PM by Bodhi » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2016, 03:21:18 PM »

Rock bands don't even play arenas anymore, so filling up a stadium not once but twice is a tremendously hard thing to do.  I think you are right that now that AIC and Lenny Kravitz have been announced that along with some promotion will start moving the rest of the tickets.  Honestly it only seems that the 2nd date in these cities have slow sales, the rest of the dates are either sold out, very close, or will be by the day of the show.

If the band were to put out a new single for those local radio markets to play and talk about that would definitely move tickets.

I also think once the tour gets going and the shows are happening that will help sell the remaining tickets. 

Ya gotta think a couple of sitdowns with the three of them would be a huge plus.... but they might just not be willing to do it. I do think the second dates will mostly fill up no matter what by showtime.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »

Second dates are pretty ambitious.

But, this whole tour has been.  And its largely all worked.

And honestly, it would be the bigger cities I would consider the "safe" options for 2nd dates (NY/NJ, Chicago, L.A.)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

Wonder why they wouldn't consider a large arena for the second date? Oh well, that is kind of the promoters problem to deal with.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2016, 03:34:07 PM »

Ya gotta think a couple of sitdowns with the three of them would be a huge plus.... but they might just not be willing to do it. I do think the second dates will mostly fill up no matter what by showtime.

I think a fun sit down, promotion type interview would be good.  A late night talk show or something

But why  in the world would they ever want to talk about the issues they had keeping them apart in a interview all together, Dr Phil style.   What they are doing now is working for them
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »

I think a fun sit down, promotion type interview would be good.  A late night talk show or something

But why  in the world would they ever want to talk about the issues they had keeping them apart in a interview all together, Dr Phil style.   What they are doing now is working for them

Yeah, you have to believe the lack of group interviews has been completely intentional.  This might be one of the more fragile truces in music history.  Why blow it, or create an uncomfortable situation because some hotdog interviewer wants to get attention by asking questions that could be cheap shots, or drudge up old conflicts?

They're obviously having fun, why ruin it? 

Now, having said that, I do think that some high profile *performances/music guest appearances* with the reunited Guns leading up to the shows couldn't hurt.  But looking at Axl's schedule that seems awfully unlikely.

....Not to mention new music, but let's not get greedy.  Wink
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2016, 03:40:41 PM »

Wonder why they wouldn't consider a large arena for the second date? Oh well, that is kind of the promoters problem to deal with.

I'm no expert in this field, but maybe it's cheaper for the promoter to have the stage stay assembled in the stadium for an extra date than to have one more venue to set it up in?

I don't know how big the difference is in rental cost between a stadium and an arena, but maybe the savings of not having to set up the stage again makes up for it. If they then sell more than 15,000 tickets (arena capacity) in the stadium, they're already making more money than they would've in the arena.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »

Interviews on late night talk shows are usually very superficial. I don't even consider it a proper interview, it's just the guest telling stories to serve the host's jokes. Since the whole thing is all previously agreed, maybe they could make it work some way. It would be great to sell the remaining tickets and to see them sitting together...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:57:11 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2016, 04:10:48 PM »

I'm no expert in this field, but maybe it's cheaper for the promoter to have the stage stay assembled in the stadium for an extra date than to have one more venue to set it up in?

I don't know how big the difference is in rental cost between a stadium and an arena, but maybe the savings of not having to set up the stage again makes up for it. If they then sell more than 15,000 tickets (arena capacity) in the stadium, they're already making more money than they would've in the arena.

I am sure that is a big reason....makes sense to me.....

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2016, 04:13:24 PM »

It's a no win situation for them to all sit together and play nice. Doesn't serve their aura or reputation well. Plus, Axl is doing a ton of promotion with the AC/DC thing. Just show up June 23rd and kick ass. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: