Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 02:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?  (Read 14365 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 05:55:57 AM »

After having seen for the last 15 years "they should be playing stadiums why aren't they playing stadiums?" posts.. no. I'm not bummed.

It's exciting! What better than seeing your favourite music with 40,000 other fans on a summer evening?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 06:49:58 AM »

Nah, I'm glad they are doing stadiums. An arena tour would of made tickets pretty tough to come by.

Nu Gn'R were always doing 70-80% on most shows, and selling out some. I'm talking about the arenas that do 15,000+ people. I mean it wasn't that common they were selling out arenas too often. They would, but it was every one ya know.

If they did an arena tour with Duff and Slash back in the fold it would create a crush for tickets. They'd sell out every single arena easy, the stadium feel is bigger, more fun I think and fits them. They won't "sell out" some of the stadiums, but they are going to hit 40,000+ I think, which would bleed over the biggest arena... which is 21k (Montreal)

So in the end, it will be like them playing to 2 arenas at once basically every show in terms of attendance. Who knows, they might sell out all of the stadiums? Hard to say. I'm confident the Nashville date will sell out, mainly because there's no Indy date, or Louisville date or Memphis date. So people in these areas will come to Nashville. Which at longest is just 4 hours (Indy).

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 07:21:08 AM »

Toronto will sell out.....twice

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »

After having seen for the last 15 years "they should be playing stadiums why aren't they playing stadiums?" posts.. no. I'm not bummed.

It's exciting! What better than seeing your favourite music with 40,000 other fans on a summer evening?

Agreed.

Going to be a great big party ... we lucked out in NY/NJ that the show is on a Saturday too... can't wait!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »

It's just laughable that some people seem to think the marketing is amateurish. It's not but a well calculated thing.

There's still this mysterious athmosphere around Axl not giving too many interviews and all that. It'd be ruined if he went to many late night shows and stuff. Of course he won't.

As pointed out earlier, everyone is talking about this anyway. Think about like how many message boards there are around the world for any subjects. Most if not all will also have a section for other topics like we have here. This band will have an unimaginable number of threads where the band is discussed. If you are on a, say, rugby message board, there will be a thread. Even if you're not that much into music or the band you know about this already.

Stadium tour, of course, in this lifetime but it's true that if there's one in Europe there's a big problem. Some northern cities where they could go will have way, way too much sunlight in the summer evenings. Depending on the date, sometimes it can be like you're in a show and it feels like it started at midday.

I'm sure Jarmo has experienced that but it is what it is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 10:01:36 AM »

Stadium tour, of course, in this lifetime but it's true that if there's one in Europe there's a big problem. Some northern cities where they could go will have way, way too much sunlight in the summer evenings. Depending on the date, sometimes it can be like you're in a show and it feels like it started at midday.

I'm sure Jarmo has experienced that but it is what it is.

Yeah.
The sun sets and rises during November Rain.  Wink hihi

Or it just never sets...  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »

Currently I?m not bummed about anything regarding GN?R. What?s happening is absolutely fantastic, and the management team is doing a great job imo.

Hell has frozen over.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2016, 10:10:58 AM »

Maybe it's a little ambitious, since the promotion for this tour has been almost unexistent

Off course, I don't live in the US, so I could be wrong

But they should be doing interviews by now, along with live presentations on famous shows like Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, etc.

That would get people hyped up about this tour

Everybody's talking about it without one single interview. Plus, there's promotion for the upcoming tour.

Surely you must've seen all those photos of the billboards and so on?  Smiley

Yeah, I'm not saying there's not promotion at all...

I'm just sayin' that normal bands do interviews, TV shows and this sort of stuff before big tours.

The Stones do it, U2 does it, Springsteen does it. All much bigger acts than GNR nowadays.

But anyway, I hope this whole thing works, they're professionals. I'm just giving my 2 cents
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:32 AM »

Currently I?m not bummed about anything regarding GN?R. What?s happening is absolutely fantastic, and the management team is doing a great job imo.

I'm the same way.  I'm as excited about this band than I have been since I was in high school.

The closest thing was probably the return in 2006.  But this is better.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

Yeah I do wish they'd go on TV or something and do a 15-20 minute general talk. Axl Duff and Slash anyways. It would be even more promotion, and fun for established fans.

Or just a in depth interview.

You have to think RollingStone is going to give them a cover right?

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:43 AM »

With a simple phone call.

I still hold out hope this might happen.  Like perhaps a big review of the Vegas shows, and then a sitdown.

I think the toughest thing is balancing rehashing all the past bullshit and talking about the here and now.  I am one of the people that can live the rest of my life not getting every detail about the falling out, but I tend to be in the minority there.  I just see all downside and no upside to rehashing all that bad blood now that things seem healed.

But if you are doing the interview, anyone at all competent has to at least ask the question.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:19 AM »

Yeah I'm not really interested that much about the falling out. I am very interested in the how and when of the get back together stuff.

Axl and Slash. Like when and where and how did it break together. Break inwards. The moment of them being like, yeah lets do this. I honestly think they are past things, and this isn't a just for money grab.

The breakup has been well stated in Duff and Slash's books, and in general people kinda get it. Axl has talked sparsely about it. Would love a book from Axl one day.

But don't damn me
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »

Yeah I do wish they'd go on TV or something and do a 15-20 minute general talk. Axl Duff and Slash anyways. It would be even more promotion, and fun for established fans.

It?s too soon. They?ve only started. Hey, what if there are ? and I?m positive there are ? various surprises coming? Like Izzy, Steven, new songs, whatever. If they did a huge interview now, they would obviously be asked all these questions and have to give it away. Or would you like every other reply to be "we can?t tell you that now"?
I bet the interviews are coming and will be amazing.
It?s all just about this goddamn patience thing...

Hell has frozen over.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »

I'm the same way.  I'm as excited about this band than I have been since I was in high school.

The closest thing was probably the return in 2006.  But this is better.

Imagine going back in time and telling the 2006 fans ? wait for another 2 years and you got the album, wait for another 10 years and you got the reunion...

Meh, they?d kill me anyway.

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »

Imagine going back in time and telling the 2006 fans ? wait for another 2 years and you got the album

Wait...did you say YEARS?  2 more YEARS until the album?  2 full calendar years?  That can't be right.

- 2006 fans

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2016, 10:39:45 AM »

Imagine going back in time and telling the 2006 fans ? wait for another 2 years and you got the album

Wait...did you say YEARS?  2 more YEARS until the album?  2 full calendar years?  That can't be right.

- 2006 fans

Grin

Hell has frozen over.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »

Aside from all the hoopla and awesomeness of everything going on...

I think the odds of a new GNR release since their return has gone up by about a billion percent.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Continental_Drift
Headliner

MaoAxl (98-12)

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 12:10:01 PM »

Not at all. Stadium-level music with stadium-level stars (Axl-Slash-Duff).

Besides all that though- have seen GNR in arenas, ballrooms, clubs, etc. multiple times since 2002. Haven't seen them in a stadium since 1992 (GN'R/Metallica). Going to be very cool to see them in that kind of spectacle/environment again. Nice reminder to everyone in North America just how huge they were/are...  peace

#GnFnR
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »

Of course the up close and personal is a better quality experience--I saw Slash in Denver in October and there can't have been more than 1,000-2,000 people there--but I understand the argument about tickets being hard to get and so more people get to enjoy GNR. I thought the Joint in Vegas was a perfect venue. I guess as long as I don't have ridiculously bad seat in a stadium I don't mind, although I have questions about sound quality.
It will be interesting to see how they configure Jerry World in Arlington for GNR. It can hold over 100,000 at full capacity. Even if they rope off one end we are still talking about 80,000 plus I would guess. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »

Of course the up close and personal is a better quality experience--I saw Slash in Denver in October and there can't have been more than 1,000-2,000 people there--but I understand the argument about tickets being hard to get and so more people get to enjoy GNR. I thought the Joint in Vegas was a perfect venue. I guess as long as I don't have ridiculously bad seat in a stadium I don't mind, although I have questions about sound quality.
It will be interesting to see how they configure Jerry World in Arlington for GNR. It can hold over 100,000 at full capacity. Even if they rope off one end we are still talking about 80,000 plus I would guess. 

I just checked on Taylor Swift's show there. I believe she has a similar stage setup as GN'R. Attendance was 62,000, and it was sold-out.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: