Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 02:09:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?  (Read 14366 times)
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« on: April 04, 2016, 07:43:34 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited they are getting together. But I hate outdoor shows and hate stadium shows. I would've loved arena tours.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »

I'm not. I'm glad that it is a stadium show so that I can go. Due to my disability, I have to alternate between sitting and standing. The only thing I don't like is this pre-sale stuff.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »

Not me.  I want the spectacle and the whole nine.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »

Is it really any surprise at the venues being chosen all things considered?

What did you think would happen if Slash and Duff came back?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »

Been way to long, this band deserves all the bells whistles of stadiums in The US again. Seen then in every setting from the early days thru 2014, and I am very happy to be able to see them again on such a grand scale!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 08:40:07 PM »

With the gap in time between shows, if they don't add second stadium dates maybe they will go from say Foxboro to a night at The Orpheum in Boston a day later... or MetLife to a Theater or Club in NYC?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »

I thought it was a little ambitious.

We will have any way to find out how they are selling?  Not now, but after the general sale?

This seems like something pilferk would know.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »

Going to a stadium show to watch on giant TVs and generally okay sound quality, how is that different than watching a Blu Ray? Not trying to be a smart ass. Kind of like how I would never go to coachella. Can't do hipster 19 year olds licking my face.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 08:49:04 PM »

If this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for GNR fans who may not have had the chance to witness the heyday of the early 90s in their prime you could only do such a tour in a stadium setting there is no reason they shouldnt be able to sell out each date just think of how many fans never got to see this lineup perform live i was one of them.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 08:53:50 PM »

Going to a stadium show to watch on giant TVs and generally okay sound quality, how is that different than watching a Blu Ray? Not trying to be a smart ass. Kind of like how I would never go to coachella. Can't do hipster 19 year olds licking my face.

Atmosphere.

I know that I personally enjoy interacting with fellow fans at shows.  Because so much of the time, if you are a real superfan of someone, odds are that a lot of your friends aren't as hardcore.  But at a show, you are all that hardcore. 

I stayed up all night to watch some dude's Periscope from across the street the other night.  That is totally insane behavior.  But to everyone in the building with me this July, it will have made total sense.

And you can't beat the sing along aspect.  Everyone is so jacked up and into it.

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »

I thought it was a little ambitious.

We will have any way to find out how they are selling?  Not now, but after the general sale?

This seems like something pilferk would know.

I agree on that. Maybe it's a little ambitious, since the promotion for this tour has been almost unexistent

Off course, I don't live in the US, so I could be wrong

But they should be doing interviews by now, along with live presentations on famous shows like Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, etc.

That would get people hyped up about this tour

If the public attendance on these shows is small, the press will discredit the whole thing. That's a risk they cannot afford to take
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:56:29 PM by Eduardo » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »

But they should be doing interviews by now, along with live presentations on famous shows like Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, etc.

If the public attendance on these shows is small, the press will discredit the whole thing. That's a chance they cannot afford to take

I have similar concerns.  I want this to be as successful as possible.

The Troubador show got a lot of press.  But them doing zero promotion is, to me, risky.  Risky if you are trying 40,000 to 50,000 seats in one city.

richbc
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »

After being up close and personal for the last residencies and theater tours, hard to stomach seeing them from afar in stadiums. I thank my lucky stars I am seeing both Vegas shows!

Just the facts IMO.
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »

If the public attendance on these shows is small, the press will discredit the whole thing. That's a chance they cannot afford to take

I have similar concerns.  I want this to be as successful as possible.

The Troubador show got a lot of press.  But them doing zero promotion is, to me, risky.  Risky if you are trying 40,000 to 50,000 seats in one city.

Yeah, I remember back in 2002 or so... They did an arena tour in the US. It had almost ZERO promotion.

People were bragging that they sold out MSG in like 20 minutes. Ok, great, but there were some arenas that had like 4000 people in there.

Off course, you could argue with me that this time is different, since Slash and Duff are involved. I agree with that, but average people (not us, losers in a message board  hihi) have to know they are back ,touring with the almost original lineup, etc.

I can't believe even to this day GNR marketing is still so amateurish
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »

After being up close and personal for the last residencies and theater tours, hard to stomach seeing them from afar in stadiums. I thank my lucky stars I am seeing both Vegas shows!

Just the facts IMO.

That just felt so small time to me.

I know a lot of people thought they were doing smaller and smaller venues out of the goodness of their hearts, but I am not that person.

Things were going the wrong way.  If he stuck what that most recent line-up, I'm not sure they even tour this country.  If they did, it would be in smaller spots. 

A one off show like the Troubador thing is cool as a change of pace.  But this is a big time band.  They should do things in big time terms.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 09:12:23 PM »

I posted this already in another thread...trying to pack those huge venues is a very ambitious move. GNR 2016 is not GNR 1992 ...rock in general is not the most popular genre nowadays...I know Canada, Latin America and South America will sell out, but USA I tend to think they wont...I cant feel all that hype from the music business regarding their comeback. Lets wait and hope it goes well...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:05 PM »

And as I type that, I just saw a commercial for the tour during RAW.  Haha.

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »

I posted this already in another thread...trying to pack those huge venues is a very ambitious move. GNR 2016 is not GNR 1992 ...rock in general is not the most popular genre nowadays...I know Canada, Latin America and South America will sell out, but USA I tend to think they wont...I cant feel all that hype from the music business regarding their comeback. Lets wait and hope it goes well...

Yes, here in Brazil they can sell out pretty much any venue they want

I don't know in the US, but they could, with right promotion
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 09:19:01 PM »

Thing is, I don't think they'd have to go nuts.

If they did even one appearance, it would be picked up everywhere.

He should go back and do Kimmel now.  Show people that this is going to be fun and none of that old bullshit.

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 09:24:06 PM »

Thing is, I don't think they'd have to go nuts.

If they did even one appearance, it would be picked up everywhere.

He should go back and do Kimmel now.  Show people that this is going to be fun and none of that old bullshit.

Spot on

Regular people think that Axl can't sing anymore, shows up late (he has improved on that) or doesn't show up at all.

Even my friends here in Brazil that like GNR think that he's done. His image is not the best right now.

Just play Jungle or SCOM on one of these TV shows, rock the shit out of them and his image immediately begins to be restored again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: