Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 327435 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »

Maybe the photo/video ban is a April fool?  hihi

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »

Somebody will, always happens. I've gotten away with it. Lol
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »

Aye, I can just see it now.  Someone tries to film something on their phone, Axl tries to get security to stop them... "Thanks to lame-ass security, I'm going home and cancelling this tour."  rofl

Live in the moment, folk who are there!  Just enjoy the show.  We all want to be there, but we'll see decent footage before too long, anyway.  People have waited a long time for this.  We can wait a little longer.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #783 on: April 01, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »

There should at least be some cell phones videos out tomorrow.

What part of "no cell phones allowed" do you not get?

The part after PC begins to play, nobody cares and shifty human nature and greed takes over?

Media will pay for footage, especially if it is viewed negatively. Fans will be eager for footage, the demand is pretty strong.

How many shows with no filming, camera rules and security searches still end up on YouTube directly after?

I'm not supporting the idea, I'd rather no chance of any hitches in the show be it the bands wishes or a mad security guard.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »

Yeah i mean say a woman is hiding the phone in her bra. Do you really think security is going to go searching in there? Hell no. Not unless they want a sexual harassment suit. There's always somewhere it can be hidden that security won't or can't look. Will they be able to take pictures without getting caught and thrown out? That's the question.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »

It would be cool if they streamed it live on Facebook or Periscope. I'll be staying up late on the east coast just to see if that possibly happens.  Either way I am staying up just to get updates from this epic night.

I wish I could stay up, but the concert will start at over fucking 4AM here in Brazil...  drool drool

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #786 on: April 01, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »

A good April Fools gag would be faking like the band isn't going to perform minutes before the go on. "Due to unforeseen circumstances Guns N Roses will not be able to play tonight jk lol APRIL FOOLS, FROM HOLLYWOOD GUNS N ROSES!"
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #787 on: April 01, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »

Yeah i mean say a woman is hiding the phone in her bra. Do you really think security is going to go searching in there? Hell no. Not unless they want a sexual harassment suit. There's always somewhere it can be hidden that security won't or can't look. Will they be able to take pictures without getting caught and thrown out? That's the question.

That's why they'll have wands. It's not rocket science.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #788 on: April 01, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »

Metal detectors
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #789 on: April 01, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »

I bet all my money that if someone pulls a cell phone security will kick them out before they can even click. The venue is very small apparently...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #790 on: April 01, 2016, 07:23:25 PM »

I still can't believe it! This is awesome!!!! Have fun for anyone going tonight!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #791 on: April 01, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »

I bet all my money that if someone pulls a cell phone security will kick them out before they can even click. The venue is very small apparently...

For sure. It's pretty intense for Prince shows, and they're in bigger venues. People caught taking photos were told to delete pictures while security watched them do it. It's a good thing. Live for the moment, get involved in the show. Standing there with a phone held out can only kill the mood.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #792 on: April 01, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »

Good morning all, I see they are going to play, terrific.
What time are they going to play & in what State of America please.I'm in Australia & it's 10.30am right now.

Great to see so many people on here at one time still.  peace
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #793 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »

What time are they going to play & in what State of America please.I'm in Australia & it's 10.30am right now.

Around nine hours from this moment...

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #794 on: April 01, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »

For sure. It's pretty intense for Prince shows, and they're in bigger venues. People caught taking photos were told to delete pictures while security watched them do it. It's a good thing. Live for the moment, get involved in the show. Standing there with a phone held out can only kill the mood.

To me that is drastic. I don't see why he's so nutty about a crappy cellphone pic that he probably looks like an ant on depending on distance from the stage. But Prince has always been crazy with stuff like that.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #795 on: April 01, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »

To me that is drastic. I don't see why he's so nutty about a crappy cellphone pic that he probably looks like an ant on depending on distance from the stage. But Prince has always been crazy with stuff like that.

He brings a whole big team of people to police it too! Honestly though, you should see the difference it makes to the crowds. People are so much more into the show without the distraction of their phones. He says that's why he does it, and based on the evidence I've seen, it's a great thing!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #796 on: April 01, 2016, 07:31:36 PM »

Thank you so very much for helping me out. It will be 7.30pm here so I'll be home & waiting for any news of any kind & especially any photos they allow. Have a good night.  ok
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #797 on: April 01, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »

Thank you so very much for helping me out. It will be 7.30pm here so I'll be home & waiting for any news of any kind & especially any photos they allow. Have a good night.  ok

You're lucky, it will be 4-5AM here in Brazil ...  rant rant
Ill see the news first thing in the morning!!

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #798 on: April 01, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »

Don't they just take your phone and you get it after the show?

It's 2016.  The number of buildings where no one has a cell phone is zero.  Zero buildings.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #799 on: April 01, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »

You're lucky, it will be 4-5AM here in Brazil ...  rant rant
Ill see the news first thing in the morning!!

Sorry, I was at 3am waiting to hear yes or no with an hour still to go. Had to wait until morning to find out & as I'm out for the afternoon was worried they would be on stage while I'm out.
To be honest we might not even hear a thing about it till it's all over so don't get too wound up. You still might get the outcome same time as everyone who's not there.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: