Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose  (Read 19019 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:11 AM »

It truly boggles my mind that people can't see that DJ talking about Axl is purely for self promotion. Someone who truly cherished being part of Axl's inner circle would respect that Axl is a very private person and keep comments about him to a minimum. The fact that this interview took place on a day that DJ was releasing a new song is no coincidence.  I am sure that talking about Axl was not forbidden.  Otherwise it wouldn't have come up.  DJ is a master of PR.  The music industry is a cut throat business. And players gonna play play play.  Anything for a pay Day day. DJ has the freedom to do what he wants to further his career.  Even if it means trashing a friendship. Some of us can see behind the veil.   

It truly boggles my mind that you care so fucking much about this topic. I'm saying this as a generalization towards all fans not you so please don't see this part as a personal attack but if Axl walked down the street and found you on fire he probably wouldn't piss on you to put it out, yet you get yourself worked into such a frenzy over an interview (that not many people have probably actually heard or read about) because you think it may hurt Axl's feeling??? Also what does anything DJ said have to do with Axl's 'tight inner circle'? He answered in generalities that everyone understood before the article was published. It's not like he got asked a question about his time in the band and he told some dark secret about something he and Axl did or something he saw Axl do.

This is a person who was in Guns N Roses from 09-14 and paid his dues, he is now promoting his band and is being asked questions which he has every right to answer. He also has the right to make sure he positions his band for the most success, so that is done by him focusing on GnR fans and Nikki focusing on Crue fans.

Don't like it? Don't read it, but pretty please, with sugar on top... stop polluting these threads with your best Kathy Bates 'Misery' impression, we get it, you love Axl and hate DJ and Trunk...
Annie
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »

Thanks for the comparison to Kathy Bates.   She is a great actress.   love
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2016, 09:54:56 AM »

Don't like it? Don't read it, but pretty please, with sugar on top... stop polluting these threads with your best Kathy Bates 'Misery' impression, we get it, you love Axl and hate DJ and Trunk...

Yeah, some definite blind spots on those 2 topics, with her.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2016, 09:59:00 AM »

Yeah, some definite blind spots on those 2 topics, with her.
Or maybe a visionary who sees the truth.  A great actor who worked with David Bowie told me that my writing was amazing.  So hurl all the insults you want.  I stand by my beliefs. 
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »

I think anyone can concoct "If-then" scenarios to support whatever position they choose, I prefer facts.

Your open question posed was:

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

Aren't you inviting people to speculate here? You're asking a question, don't get all evasive if you happen to get an answer.

No evasive action taken- it was actually a rhetorical question- no real need to answer the obvious, Duh.

My scenario proposed it wasn't obvious.

If Dj had declined to answer GN'R questions on the air, there's a good chance that would've created headlines. And those wouldn't have been positive.

Point stands that it is obvious that they would rather hear about Axl and GNR than anything regarding Sixxam.

I never disputed that.

I just pointed out that if DJ had declined to answer GNR questions, live on the air, it would also create headlines - probably negative ones.

Possibly, but Ashba's comments did generate somewhat negative headlines- I don't consider Axl being compared to a douchenozzle like Kanye in temperament a positive thing

http://www.inquisitr.com/2847104/forget-donald-trump-its-kanye-west-who-is-axl-roses-real-soulmate-according-to-former-guns-n-roses-bandmate-dj-ashba/

http://www.hollywood.com/general/ex-guns-n-roses-star-axl-rose-is-like-kanye-west-when-angry-60546681/

http://blog.wenn.com/all-news/ex-guns-n-roses-star-axl-rose-is-like-kanye-west-when-angry/

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »

A good answer from DJ on that question would be "who's kanye west?"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »

I think anyone can concoct "If-then" scenarios to support whatever position they choose, I prefer facts.

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

Aren't you inviting people to speculate here? You're asking a question, don't get all evasive if you happen to get an answer.

No evasive action taken- it was actually a rhetorical question- no real need to answer the obvious, Duh.

If Dj had declined to answer GN'R questions on the air, there's a good chance that would've created headlines. And those wouldn't have been positive.

Point stands that it is obvious that they would rather hear about Axl and GNR than anything regarding Sixxam.

I never disputed that.

I just pointed out that if DJ had declined to answer GNR questions, live on the air, it would also create headlines - probably negative ones.

Possibly, but Ashba's comments did generate somewhat negative headlines- I don't consider Axl being compared to a douchenozzle like Kanye in temperament a positive thing

http://www.inquisitr.com/2847104/forget-donald-trump-its-kanye-west-who-is-axl-roses-real-soulmate-according-to-former-guns-n-roses-bandmate-dj-ashba/

http://www.hollywood.com/general/ex-guns-n-roses-star-axl-rose-is-like-kanye-west-when-angry-60546681/

http://blog.wenn.com/all-news/ex-guns-n-roses-star-axl-rose-is-like-kanye-west-when-angry/

Don?t you rail against the media for its click bait headlines and spinning mis-truths?  Now you?re using the media (and their click bait headlines) to prove your point that DJ?s a douche?  I?m confused.   confused

Anyone with a reliable internet connection can figure out that Axl (at times) has a bit of an anger issue and isn't always a peach to deal with.  Newsflash:  that's true for 100% of people.  I don't need DJ Ashba to confirm that for me.
Annie
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »

Interesting that the click bait headlines were about Axl and Kanye.  Not one mention of SIXX AM or their new song.
Just saying .....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »

Interesting that the click bait headlines were about Axl and Kanye.  Not one mention of SIXX AM or their new song.
Just saying .....

He doesn't write the headlines or ask the questions... he actually responded to it in a very political way. AGAIN, it is not a surprise to anyone paying attention that Axl is capable of holding a grudge if crossed... DJ didn't give up anything earthshattering, and again he doesn't write the headline.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »

A good answer from DJ on that question would be "who's kanye west?"

Haha! Would have been a great answer! Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »

I never disputed that.

Don?t you rail against the media for its click bait headlines and spinning mis-truths?  Now you?re using the media (and their click bait headlines) to prove your point that DJ?s a douche?  I?m confused.   confused

Anyone with a reliable internet connection can figure out that Axl (at times) has a bit of an anger issue and isn't always a peach to deal with.  Newsflash:  that's true for 100% of people.  I don't need DJ Ashba to confirm that for me.

Who said he's a douche? I called Kanye a douchenozzle not Ashba.

"Shut the fuck up."
Annie
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »

Just saying .....

He doesn't write the headlines or ask the questions... he actually responded to it in a very political way. AGAIN, it is not a surprise to anyone paying attention that Axl is capable of holding a grudge if crossed... DJ didn't give up anything earthshattering, and again he doesn't write the headline.

Yup. His new music is far from being earth shattering and innovative.   hihi Otherwise the focus would be on the new music and not past connections.  A star has not been born.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »

Just saying .....

Yup. His new music is far from being earth shattering and innovative.   hihi Otherwise the focus would be on the new music and not past connections.  A star has not been born.

I am not sure you understand how this works.  I work in TV/Digital media and have conducted my fair share of interviews with bands over the years.  When producers and writers are preparing an interview they go out of their way to get the artist to say something that they think "will get picked up" by other news outlets.    The band goes out to promote their latest project, the media in most cases doesn't give a fuck about that project and only care about getting recognition for their show.  That is where the publicists come in with their lists of things you can't ask about, in order to keep the conversation on track promoting the new album.  If publicists feel like the band is getting asked repeatedly about something that they don't like, they will shut it down in the next interview.

How many of us knew Jenny Mccarthy had a radio show before she asked that Axl Rose question?  I know I didn't, now I do.  So who would you say benefited most  from that GNR question?  You can even hear how awkward that question was with Nikki Sixx's reaction.  DJ handled it the best way he could.  If he said he wasn't talking about Axl Rose that would have been a DISASTER!  Seriously that would have been spun in so many different directions by different websites.

DJ just answers the questions that are asked.  He doesn't write the headlines.  Guns N Roses and Kanye West are much bigger names than Sixx AM, nobody is debating that.  Of course that is what the news outlets will put in their headlines, they want clicks. 

Also, just how many times did Axl Rose come up in interviews after the Jenny McCarthy one?  Is that a coincidence?

Annie
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2016, 04:48:53 PM »

Bodhi Your insight is appreciated.  Great art like GNR comes around once in a generation. SIXX Am is not in the same league.  I still think DJ could have been more subtle but that's  just my .02. Do you remember when Shakira stole the show at the Grammys? Truly innovative artists create their own headlines. 
And why doesn't SIXX am walk the walk of their talk and rise up against the way the media operates?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:09:45 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »

I wouldn't go there... in the rare case that it happens and a microphone is put in front of Axl for an interview, what do you think the percentage of questions that relate to 'the music' vs. being late, ex members, etc...

Welcome to the media, your problem should be with them and not DJ... so I guess I just set up your valid beef with Trunk.
Annie
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »

Not all media people are terrible.  Dean Richards the WGN entertainment reporter always does classy interviews. I have chatted with him a few times when he is covering events in Chicago and he is a really nice down to earth guy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2016, 02:12:38 AM »

It truly boggles my mind that people can't see that DJ talking about Axl is purely for self promotion. Someone who truly cherished being part of Axl's inner circle would respect that Axl is a very private person and keep comments about him to a minimum. The fact that this interview took place on a day that DJ was releasing a new song is no coincidence.  I am sure that talking about Axl was not forbidden.  Otherwise it wouldn't have come up.  DJ is a master of PR.  The music industry is a cut throat business. And players gonna play play play.  Anything for a pay Day day. DJ has the freedom to do what he wants to further his career.  Even if it means trashing a friendship. Some of us can see behind the veil.   

It truly boggles my mind that you care so fucking much about this topic. I'm saying this as a generalization towards all fans not you so please don't see this part as a personal attack but if Axl walked down the street and found you on fire he probably wouldn't piss on you to put it out, yet you get yourself worked into such a frenzy over an interview (that not many people have probably actually heard or read about) because you think it may hurt Axl's feeling???
I'm not so sure about that. Axl has proven himself to be quite the amateur fire fighter in his spare time. Remember those wild fires he took on years back?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2016, 04:37:38 AM »

^haha awesome response!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2016, 10:07:02 AM »

I'm not so sure about that. Axl has proven himself to be quite the amateur fire fighter in his spare time. Remember those wild fires he took on years back?
Well played! I was actually picturing the twitter post of the wild fire outside of his property as I posted that.
Annie
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2016, 10:23:06 AM »

Well played! I was actually picturing the twitter post of the wild fire outside of his property as I posted that.
I think we should all celebrate with a nice warm hug. And have some food at Taco Bell. beer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: