Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose  (Read 19018 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 29, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA Says He Was 'Treated Like Gold' By AXL ROSE

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba says that he was "treated like gold" by the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, during his six-year stint with the group.

During an appearance on the SiriusXM show "Dirty Sexy Funny" with host Jenny McCarthy, Ashba was asked how difficult it was dealing with Axl on a scale of 1 to "Kanye West," with "Kanye" signifying the most difficult a person can be, Ashba said: "It got difficult here and there. I mean, he's definitely a unique character."

He added: "You know what? I had the best time of my life doing it. I'm grateful. But he's the kind of guy that he has a very tight-knit circle, and I was fortunate enough to be a part of that tight-knit circle. And he's always treated me like gold. So, as far as what I can say, I have not a bad word to say. Although I do know if you cross him, he can turn more into the Kanye side of things."

Ashba, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck, issued a statement in July 2015 saying that he was leaving the band. His statement read in part: "It is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with GUNS N' ROSES into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Ashba added: "I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years."

Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-says-he-was-treated-like-gold-by-axl-rose/#P4AFOi7Qm70W1ztd.99
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:55:03 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:29:05 PM »

That's a nice summary and supports what others have said about Axl: a great friend and generous human being, but don't cross him. I guess you could say the same about 90% of humans.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:38:12 PM »

right on, good press for our frontman. love him or hate him, djs always got nice things to say about ax.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »

Nice Ashba

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Annie
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »

right on, good press for our frontman. love him or hate him, djs always got nice things to say about ax.
I don't think dignifying a stupid question about the Kanye scale with ANY response is nice at all. Axl and Kanye are 2 very different people.
If the SIXX AM gig doesn't live up to DJ's expectations he can always teach a course about PR and using social media to promote your business at University of Nevada.
Damn he is good.
And there are alot of naive people in this world.
I really tried not to comment on this.
But I took a lesson from DJ himself
I had to RISE UP and speak up for what I THINK is right. hihi
The musical Hamilton has a much better song about rising up for what is right.
It 's called the Battle of Yorktown.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:34:54 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »

Damit, never been a DJ Ashba fan but all these Axl fangirls giving him a hard time for answering GNR/AXL questions from time to time is sooo fuckin annoying  Roll Eyes That's some serious Donald Trumping...

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »

I don't think dignifying a stupid question about the Kanye scale with ANY response is nice at all. Axl and Kanye are 2 very different people.
If the SIXX AM gig doesn't live up to DJ's expectations he can always teach a course about PR and using social media to promote your business at University of Nevada.
Damn he is good.

So, every time anyone even mentions Axl, the purpose is self-promotion? Or is it just with DJ and Trunk?

I honestly can't see it as clearly as you. He was ? again, asked a question about this, then answered it. So this time the problem was the phrasing of the question, so it shouldn't have been answered... ok.

I'm not even a DJ fan, but still.

Sweetness is a virtue
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 04:27:18 PM »

I never understood why there were so many fans critical of DJ. Granted he had some big shoes to fill, but he is a class act, unlike some others we may have hard from recently. .  Wink

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Annie
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »

Damn he is good.

So, every time anyone even mentions Axl, the purpose is self-promotion? Or is it just with DJ and Trunk?

I honestly can't see it as clearly as you. He was ? again, asked a question about this, then answered it. So this time the problem was the phrasing of the question, so it shouldn't have been answered... ok.

I'm not even a DJ fan, but still.

It depends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today. Kanye and Axl are two of the most polarizing topics in the media right now.
I'm just taking Dj's advice and speaking up.
You don't have to believe what I believe.
Its tough to make it in the music industry these days.
But as Taylor Swift said in her acceptance speech at the GRAMMYS. There are people out there who want to steal your fame.
Axl and Kanye have absolutely nothing in common.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:42:42 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »

It deoends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today. Kanye and Axl are two of the most polarizing topics in the media right now.

But DJ didn't bring Kanye into the conversation.

He straight out said "I have not a bad word to say". I can't see any problems with this.

As for Trunk, yes he's mentioned GN'R and Axl quite a lot in the past few months. It would be strange if he didn't though, after all he is a music journalist who specifically covers hard rock music.

Looking at his website and twitter, listening to some of his programming, he covers pretty much everything else that's current right now too. The GN'R portions of his shows is what ends up as discussion points here at the board (of course), but that's a small percentage of the work he is doing.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »

Axl and Kanye have absolutely nothing in common.

That's not true.

Axl is a fan of Kanye.

Kanye is a fan of Kanye.

Sweetness is a virtue
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »

Say what you want about Ashba but the guy has been nothing but class since he left the band and has taken the high road whenever asked about the reunion, the original members or Axl.  Good for him.

ok

-KK
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 05:23:24 PM »

Say what you want about Ashba but the guy has been nothing but class since he left the band and has taken the high road whenever asked about the reunion, the original members or Axl.  Good for him.

ok

I agree with this 100%.

DJ was certainly not my cup of tea for GNR... he butchered more then a few live performances... BUT...... he's a loyal guy, and him answering questions about guns when they are put to him is fine. As most board members know i have been a vocal critic of the cloak of secrecy that this band has followed for years.... so when someone speaks.. whether it be a former member or current member, id like to hear it.

I honestly dont understand the accusations of speaking about Axl for self promotion... that notion doesnt fly with me... i tend to think the people who make those accusations are either a little deluded or.. they live in a very nasty world where everyone has an ulterior motive... i am glad i dont live in that world.
Annie
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 05:32:58 PM »

ok

I agree with this 100%.

DJ was certainly not my cup of tea for GNR... he butchered more then a few live performances... BUT...... he's a loyal guy, and him answering questions about guns when they are put to him is fine. As most board members know i have been a vocal critic of the cloak of secrecy that this band has followed for years.... so when someone speaks.. whether it be a former member or current member, id like to hear it.

I honestly dont understand the accusations of speaking about Axl for self promotion... that notion doesnt fly with me... i tend to think the people who make those accusations are either a little deluded or.. they live in a very nasty world where everyone has an ulterior motive... i am glad i dont live in that world.
Axl does unfortunately live in that world. I don't think DJ taking the high road is sincere. Just my .02.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:13:57 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 05:47:23 PM »

It depends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today.
So going by this logic, Izzy is just using the upcoming GNR2016 tour - that he is currently NOT involved in - to get twitter followers for himself and his own personal agenda?   

Damn you, Izzy!!!  You self-serving attention whore!!!  *gypsy shakes fist in the air @Izzy*

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »

It deoends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today. Kanye and Axl are two of the most polarizing topics in the media right now.

He straight out said "I have not a bad word to say". I can't see any problems with this.

As for Trunk, yes he's mentioned GN'R and Axl quite a lot in the past few months. It would be strange if he didn't though, after all he is a music journalist who specifically covers hard rock music.

Looking at his website and twitter, listening to some of his programming, he covers pretty much everything else that's current right now too. The GN'R portions of his shows is what ends up as discussion points here at the board (of course), but that's a small percentage of the work he is doing.

Well these words by SIXX AM inspired me to speak out about the manipulative nature of the media in our society.
Rise is a call to action for everyone to stand up for their beliefs. Throughout history some of the most dramatic changes have occurred when people reject the status quo and demand change, i am sick of the media and the way people use it to shamelessly promote themselves.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:51:01 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Annie
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »

It depends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today.
So going by this logic, Izzy is just using the upcoming GNR2016 tour - that he is currently NOT involved in - to get twitter followers for himself and his own personal agenda?   

Damn you, Izzy!!!  You self-serving attention whore!!!  *gypsy shakes fist in the air @Izzy*

IZZY was a founding father. He is letting people know that he does not want to be involved at this time. Quite a different story. He also was sick of the lies and false speculations that were being perpetuated. Izzy was showing true integrity, and people totally harassed him and refused to believe that it was him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:54:14 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »

Well these words by SIXX AM inspired me to speak out about the manipulative nature of the media in our society.
Rise is a call to action for everyone to stand up for their beliefs. Throughout history some of the most dramatic changes have occurred when people reject the status quo and demand change, i am sick of the media and the way people use it to shamelessly promote themselves.

I think that fits much grander subjects than a rock n' roll guitarist mentioning the name of the singer of his previous band in an interview. It's not worth getting worked up about.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »

I think that fits much grander subjects than a rock n' roll guitarist mentioning the name of the singer of his previous band in an interview. It's not worth getting worked up about.
The media has become a very shallow and destructive force in our society. It is a multi billion dollar industry onto itself. And the media has always treated Axl unfairly since the 90s
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 06:00:36 PM »

The media has become a very shallow and destructive force in our society. It is a multi billion dollar industry onto itself.

But could you do without it?

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: