Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 58679 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:45 PM »

Izzy apparently told Downliner (aka Chopaway) in an email that his tweet was intended to "have some fun with the fans" aka, he was basically getting a rise out of people...and it worked.

Don't think thats what I said  ok I just think Izzy is trolling. I've not heard from Izz since he phoned me to confirm that his email hadn't been hacked  Smiley

Also why do I have different usernames on every GNR forum. Definitely seems to be confusing the issue because I see people saying that chopaway has confirmed downliners story, or will has confirmed chopaways story etc. It's still just little ol' me reporting Izzy news direct from the man himself like I have for the last 10 years but suddenly a lot more people seem to take notice, and analyse or question everything I say, just because it involves reunion rumors and not his (incredible) solo albums  Angry

downliner/chopaway/will/will (uk)  rofl

thanks for coming by to let us know whats up. ive read up on you a bit, and for what its worth, i think you are legit and believe you about your connections with izzy.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
will (uk)
Opening Act

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:16 AM »

Thanks RJ, much appreciated Cool I did post a ton of links at mygnr the other night to try and alleviate fans doubts but then Izzy went and tweeted something and everyone went back to thinking it was a fake account. I'm avoiding mygnr for the time being because I think they're all out for my blood until Izzy gets his account verified  Undecided  rofl
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2016, 12:18:14 AM »

So to recap: this twitter account that tweeted something we all pretty much figured to be the case was NOT verified by twitter or the Rolling Stone guy or the guy who (supposedly) has direct contact with Izzy.  And also downliner/chopaway/will/will (uk) doesn't understand why people are interested in this and not Izzy's solo music, even though it was this NOT verified twitter account that brought up Izzy's non-involvement in the reunion at this point in time, which again, we all pretty much figured to be the case since he's NOT included in any of the OFFICIAL promotions.

Got it.  Thanks.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2016, 12:42:25 AM »

So to recap: this twitter account that tweeted something we all pretty much figured to be the case was NOT verified by twitter or the Rolling Stone guy or the guy who (supposedly) has direct contact with Izzy.  And also downliner/chopaway/will/will (uk) doesn't understand why people are interested in this and not Izzy's solo music, even though it was this NOT verified twitter account that brought up Izzy's non-involvement in the reunion at this point in time, which again, we all pretty much figured to be the case since he's NOT included in any of the OFFICIAL promotions.

Got it.  Thanks.  ok

Getting verified on Twitter isn't exactly the easiest thing to get done. Especially for someone who just signed up. So I wouldn't assume the account is fake because it isn't verified. It takes some people years to get verified.

Will seems like a standup guy. I have no reason to think he's making any of this up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »

Thanks RJ, much appreciated Cool I did post a ton of links at mygnr the other night to try and alleviate fans doubts but then Izzy went and tweeted something and everyone went back to thinking it was a fake account. I'm avoiding mygnr for the time being because I think they're all out for my blood until Izzy gets his account verified  Undecided  rofl

youve done a lot for the izzy fanbase and you have no reason to lie or make mischief. this thing will sort itself out over time  Smiley

glad you could find a safe haven here at htgth in the meantime!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2016, 01:26:18 AM »

Getting verified on Twitter isn't exactly the easiest thing to get done. Especially for someone who just signed up. So I wouldn't assume the account is fake because it isn't verified. It takes some people years to get verified.

Will seems like a standup guy. I have no reason to think he's making any of this up.
Even if getting verified on twitter isn't an easy thing to do, Rolling Stone mag hasn't verified it either and neither has will (uk).

I just think Izzy is trolling. I've not heard from Izz since he phoned me to confirm that his email hadn't been hacked  Smiley
If I'm reading this correctly, it does NOT address the validity of the owner of the twitter account.

If the real Izzy wants to be on twitter just to post mindless dribble, that's all well and good.  I just have my doubts that the real Izzy would join twitter and address current GNR matters.  I think he would show more respect for Axl/TB/GNR by letting any and all GNR related info come directly from official sources.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »

Even if getting verified on twitter isn't an easy thing to do, Rolling Stone mag hasn't verified it either and neither has will (uk).

I just think Izzy is trolling. I've not heard from Izz since he phoned me to confirm that his email hadn't been hacked  Smiley
If I'm reading this correctly, it does NOT address the validity of the owner of the twitter account.

If the real Izzy wants to be on twitter just to post mindless dribble, that's all well and good.  I just have my doubts that the real Izzy would join twitter and address current GNR matters.  I think he would show more respect for Axl/TB/GNR by letting any and all GNR related info come directly from official sources.

Rolling Stone isn't really in the business of verifying Twitter accounts as far as I know. I venture a guess that Izzy probably isn't the easiest guy to track down. Maybe he's being purposefully mysterious. Maybe somebody is trolling Will, but he says it's him. I have no reason not to believe him. You aren't sold. That's fine. I'm not sure what's so wrong with Izzy posting this info on Twitter, if it is indeed him. You even said, he posted what we already assumed. And it doesn't say he won't pop in or have any involvement along the way. Not sure what the harm is in that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »

Got it.  Thanks.  ok

why doesn't Fernando just let the fans know who will be playing at Vegas and Coachella?
What's up with all the super secret Area 51 nonsense?
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »

Not to be argumentative, but actually, it's pretty easy to get verified on twitter now if you're famous or work for a large company. In the past it was a pain in the ass, but now twitter is actually reaching out. In fact, they offered it to the folks where I work and even myself (and I'm certainly not famous) but I declined because I'd have to use my company email and not my private one.

That said, I don't know if it's him or not. LOL
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

why doesn't Fernando just let the fans know who will be playing at Vegas and Coachella?
Gypsy disclaimer:  I do NOT personally know Fernando NOR do I speak for him in any way.

I'm guessing that it's because Fernando is a businessman and as such probably has made contractual agreements with promoters or whomever.  Maybe in the different contracts, Fernando on behalf of GNR agreed to allow certain "firsts" for Coachella or Vegas, etc.  There will be plenty of "firsts" to go around for all the shows on the tour. If Fernando or these different promoters went back on their word and released certain info before the agreed upon timing, then it very might well fuck things up for future commitments.

And I'm guessing it's also Fernando/TB's duty to keep Axl up-to-date on any such agreements so they do not get violated inadvertently.

As in any business, your word is your bond .... especially if it's in writing.

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »

Got it.  Thanks.  ok

Because since they apparently chose this mysterious approach, it would be quite counterproductive and stupid if he gave it all away on an internet forum.

Hell has frozen over.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2016, 11:55:02 AM »

Because since they apparently chose this mysterious approach, it would be quite counterproductive and stupid if he gave it all away on an internet forum.
Agree. 

I also think they consciously decide NOT to address any internet rumors or innuendos, whether it be unannounced tour dates or rumors or something like this thread discussion.  I think they choose NOT to be goaded into responding to bullshit and rumors so as NOT to give credence to them.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »

Just wait people...all you need is just a little pacience... smoking

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »

Just wait people...all you need is just a little pacience... smoking

We're GNR fans.  Patience is just a song title to us.  hihi

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2016, 12:16:48 PM »

Agree. 

I also think they consciously decide NOT to address any internet rumors or innuendos, whether it be unannounced tour dates or rumors or something like this thread discussion.  I think they choose NOT to be goaded into responding to bullshit and rumors so as NOT to give credence to them.

This is a very wise move, I think  many "newsites " and forums post absolute nonsense and basically anything that would bait somebody into reacting or responding to them, so they would have a story.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:32:50 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »

Izzy apparently told Downliner (aka Chopaway) in an email that his tweet was intended to "have some fun with the fans" aka, he was basically getting a rise out of people...and it worked.

Don't think thats what I said  ok I just think Izzy is trolling. I've not heard from Izz since he phoned me to confirm that his email hadn't been hacked  Smiley

Also why do I have different usernames on every GNR forum. Definitely seems to be confusing the issue because I see people saying that chopaway has confirmed downliners story, or will has confirmed chopaways story etc. It's still just little ol' me reporting Izzy news direct from the man himself like I have for the last 10 years but suddenly a lot more people seem to take notice, and analyse or question everything I say, just because it involves reunion rumors and not his (incredible) solo albums  Angry

downliner/chopaway/will/will (uk)  rofl

Ah, ok.  I totally thought you said Izzy had implied that to you.  But I agree, I think Izzy is having fun with the fans with all of this.... ok

-KK
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »

Gypsy disclaimer:  I do NOT personally know Fernando NOR do I speak for him in any way.

I'm guessing that it's because Fernando is a businessman and as such probably has made contractual agreements with promoters or whomever.  Maybe in the different contracts, Fernando on behalf of GNR agreed to allow certain "firsts" for Coachella or Vegas, etc.  There will be plenty of "firsts" to go around for all the shows on the tour. If Fernando or these different promoters went back on their word and released certain info before the agreed upon timing, then it very might well fuck things up for future commitments.

And I'm guessing it's also Fernando/TB's duty to keep Axl up-to-date on any such agreements so they do not get violated inadvertently.

As in any business, your word is your bond .... especially if it's in writing.

I personally do not know Fernando either nor have I had any interaction with him in years.  We briefly spoke years ago when I was a moderator on another forum and he came across as a very nice and straight forward fellow.

That being said, I would tend to agree with you.  I believe there are a lot of legalities involved, between various promoters, agents/lawyers between the band, guest performers (tentative guest performers) etc and I'm sure everyone involved (including Fernando) has their hands full right now.

I'm sure as things get finalized (legally, etc) and Vegas shows come closer, we will hear more about who is involved, what dates, etc.

-KK
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »

Not to be argumentative, but actually, it's pretty easy to get verified on twitter now if you're famous or work for a large company. In the past it was a pain in the ass, but now twitter is actually reaching out. In fact, they offered it to the folks where I work and even myself (and I'm certainly not famous) but I declined because I'd have to use my company email and not my private one.

Well, I know some people who are pretty well known and have hundreds of thousands of followers and aren't verified. I guess it's easier for some than others.

That said, let's remember that it hasn't been verified one way or the other. That is, it hasn't been verified that it's NOT him either. Innocent until proven guilty or the other way around?

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »

I don't see why Izzy wouldn't be involved.  There has to be more stuff still being ironed out

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2016, 12:48:17 PM »

Well, I know some people who are pretty well known and have hundreds of thousands of followers and aren't verified. I guess it's easier for some than others.

That said, let's remember that it hasn't been verified one way or the other. That is, it hasn't been verified that it's NOT him either. Innocent until proven guilty or the other way around?

Del isn't verified on twitter either, but there is no doubt in my mind that it isn't him.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: