Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'  (Read 18818 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »

People keep thinking its a classic line up reunion.  It's not.  It's really just reuniting Axl and Slash together along with the newer line up of G n R.

G N R have never officially called it a reunion because they never intended it to be one imo.  It's just adding Slash back in, and Duff permanently.  

With GN'R, with a history of so many line-ups, it's kinda hard to know what classifies as "a reunion". The AFD5 would be the official one I think.

If they had brought Matt and Izzy back, is that a reunion? Not sure. Gilby and Steven? Not sure.

I think the experience coming up will really not be that different from the UYI tour (after Izzy left).

If it's Matt or Frank behind the kit won't make much of a difference imo.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »

It is just another lineup.....simple as that.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »

Why is this so difficult for people? Reunion? Obviously the original AFD 5 would make it a true and pure reunion. UYI requires keyboards... so Dizzy is a must and if they want Pittman too... why not I guess?

Axl, Slash, Duff all played together consistently or were working together from 85-96. That is the heart and soul. Matt joined in 1990, and recorded the UYI albums and did that insane fucking tour. So in a lot of ways as much as I don't like him that much he's = to Steven in legacy.

(I've laid it out like this so it is more clear, I know most of you guys know these things... I hope)

Izzy is the biggest curve ball in this Gn'R news/reunion. If he is not included in the tour, then it is not a "reunion" tour. He was in and wrote all of their studio albums. I love Gilby, and would love him in there if Izzy can't go, but if that is the case it isn't a actual "reunion".

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve, Matt, Dizzy, Pittman

If any of the above are not involved then it isn't a reunion. It's simple. Of course I'll take whatever I can get. More than likely Matt or Steven are out as far as a "part time or ful time" drummer. It's going to be Frank splitting or sharing with either Matt or Steven. And whoever isn't picked will make a couple appearances.

If history tells me anything it would be Steven and Frank split and Matt does a couple one offs with them. Or maybe it goes the other way and Steven does a couple one offs. I know no one wants this more than Steven... and he's not done anything with them in 25+ years. So I think they'd give him a shot right? He's clean now. For almost 2 years I heard.

Izzy is the key. I hope he does this. If not Richard or Gilby would be great.

A grand total of 3 guitarists is all they need. 1 bass, 1 rhythm and 1 lead.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

about as clear as mud... Roll Eyes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 01:26:49 PM »

Um ok dude.

I laid it out pretty clear actually sorry you're angry with life. lol

But don't damn me
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »

As long as we know there's no such thing as  a reunion going on. It's just a new line-up.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »

I have to believe that if Izzy isn't there, it's because he doesn't want to be there, at least full time.  And who knows what a man's reasoning could be for that? Obviously, it'd be a personal decision on his part.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

People keep thinking its a classic line up reunion.  It's not.  It's really just reuniting Axl and Slash together along with the newer line up of G n R.

G N R have never officially called it a reunion because they never intended it to be one imo.  It's just adding Slash back in, and Duff permanently.  

With GN'R, with a history of so many line-ups, it's kinda hard to know what classifies as "a reunion". The AFD5 would be the official one I think.

If they had brought Matt and Izzy back, is that a reunion? Not sure. Gilby and Steven? Not sure.

I think the experience coming up will really not be that different from the UYI tour (after Izzy left).

If it's Matt or Frank behind the kit won't make much of a difference imo.

So very much this.  Yeah, I'm sure people barked plenty about Izzy and Steven being gone in 92 & 93, but did that affect ticket sales, or the quality of the shows?  Nope.  Same thing now.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »

Izzy indeed IS around, but as we know him, he doesn't want to be involved at full time. maybe some guest appearance, maybe some studio work or writing, but that's it.
on the opposite, Adler and Sorum are out - thank god for that, because both of them were just acting like pricks in the past. the band doesn't need jerks, who have just a mouth full of shit and everyone only expects, when they fail miserably. one erratic Axl is more than enough.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:15 PM »

Is a reunion / not a reunion / not a real reunion, etc.

Never going to be a true answer that pleases everyone.  Here is what I know :  

- they are playing arenas and stadiums in the U.S. and not bowling alleys and clubs
- people other than forum diehards are paying attention again
- there has been more press attention in the past 3 months than the past 3 years (or longer)

I don't get bogged down in semantics of what we are calling this.  But this is enough tell me happy days are here again.

So let's enjoy it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
coolranchdressing
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 02:27:38 PM »

I just Love Alice Cooper...not only as an artist but as a person...so down to earth/likable yet also such a showman. I respect his opinion and like the kind words he threw towards Duff. As for the Izzy comments..."where's izzy"...reminds me of the "dont cry" video...

as a longtime fan (joined the fun in 1992) I would love to see Izzy play live (I have yet to see him live)...altho' I feel he is more of a "background" player live (i.e. he isn't front centre stage, not much of a showman), I still feel his presnence would be appreciated. I feel he was more integral in the writing/production of GNR (vs/ live performances).

I would think/hope he shows up to a few of the shows as he did in the past (ideally I would've loved to see him in all the shows!!)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 02:30:27 PM »

I don't get bogged down in semantics of what we are calling this.  But this is enough tell me happy days are here again.

So let's enjoy it.

Agree with this.

There's a lot of positivity surrounding GN'R now, and it all comes down to Axl and Slash I believe. Those two, back together, that's the most recognizable duo in GN'R, that's a duo for the history books.

No disrespect to the rest of the guys in GN'R, past or present, it is what it is.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 02:32:39 PM »

So let's enjoy it.

Agree with this.

There's a lot of positivity surrounding GN'R now, and it all comes down to Axl and Slash I believe. Those two, back together, that's the most recognizable duo in GN'R, that's a duo for the history books.

No disrespect to the rest of the guys in GN'R, past or present, it is what it is.

As Slash once described it.... the "meat n potatoes" of GNR are back !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 02:39:33 PM »

I have to believe that if Izzy isn't there, it's because he doesn't want to be there, at least full time.  And who knows what a man's reasoning could be for that? Obviously, it'd be a personal decision on his part.
Yeah its also obvious to me. I don't get why people act like it's not by his choice.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 02:43:47 PM »

Yeah its also obvious to me. I don't get why people act like it's not by his choice.

I actually think it's a combo. The rest of the guys knows about Izzy's elusive behavior. They are most likely the best of friends still, but that's just how Izzy is and both the guys and Izzy himself knows it.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »

I actually think it's a combo. The rest of the guys knows about Izzy's elusive behavior. They are most likely the best of friends still, but that's just how Izzy is and both the guys and Izzy himself knows it.

Yeah, but it's frustrating to see various journalists and talk-backers get like 10,000 "likes" on a comment about how they're furious that Izzy isn't included in the reunion, when it's more than likely due to his own choosing. 

Nothing that a little press wouldn't fix, if everyone involved wasn't restricted to posting various banners to their social media sent by management, to clarify things.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

Yeah, but it's frustrating to see various journalists and talk-backers get like 10,000 "likes" on a comment about how they're furious that Izzy isn't included in the reunion, when it's more than likely due to his own choosing. 

That's true. There is probably no drama internally around the line-up.

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »

Yeah I agree Axl/Slash and Duff really is enough for me.

If it was just Axl/Duff/Richard/Gilby/Frank or something that's a hybrid

Axl Slash and Duff is close to a "pure" reunion.

For all intensive purposes this is a reunion anyway you look at it I guess. I'm just a purist about some things.

It's a good time to be alive. Enjoy like some have already stated.

But don't damn me
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »

That's true. There is probably no drama internally around the line-up.

The only thing that could be strange behind the scenes is Steven FURIOUSLY trying to be involved as much as humanly possible.  He's been quiet, so maybe they threw him a bone.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »

We could bring up a similar situation, VR.

Izzy didn't join them back then either.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: