Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why so silent GNR?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why so silent GNR?  (Read 17229 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: January 26, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »

Let me start off by saying this is not intended to be a negative post/topic.  So anyone looking for an outlet for negativity, you're in the wrong thread.  Personally, I have my tickets and hotel for Vegas locked and loaded, and CANNOT WAIT for the bounty GNR fans are about to receive, very soon.

...So anyway...

Does anyone else find it odd that Axl, Slash, & Duff have yet to comment on any level on the reunion regrouping?  This is likely the biggest event in rock since the Van Halen reunion with Roth in 2007, and the three main players continue to be mums the word on their feelings, excitement, etc. regarding the upcoming shows, save for sharing the images likely sent by management on their social media pages.

Axl has been known for his exclusivity when it comes to interviews, but Slash & Duff typically are fairly vocal individuals on their social media and otherwise.  I don't imagine that they would be this quiet on the matter, unless otherwise instructed. Could they perhaps be readying a big all encompassing exclusive interview that includes all three of them?  For example, I would imagine the "big three" appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone with a huge article in tow would explain the lack of commenting thus far.

Could it be that we may not here anything until April 8? 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:08 PM »

Could they perhaps be readying a big all encompassing exclusive interview that includes all three of them?  For example, I would imagine the "big three" appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone with a huge article in tow would explain the lack of commenting thus far.

This has long been my guess.  That's glass half full.

Glass half empty?  This is more about business than any genuine excitement about getting back together, and they aren't going to go through the motions of interviews.

I lean more towards the former than the latter, however.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »

Let me start off by saying this is not intended to be a negative post/topic.  So anyone looking for an outlet for negativity, you're in the wrong thread.  Personally, I have my tickets and hotel for Vegas locked and loaded, and CANNOT WAIT for the bounty GNR fans are about to receive, very soon.

...So anyway...

Does anyone else find it odd that Axl, Slash, & Duff have yet to comment on any level on the reunion regrouping?  This is likely the biggest event in rock since the Van Halen reunion with Roth in 2007, and the three main players continue to be mums the word on their feelings, excitement, etc. regarding the upcoming shows, save for sharing the images likely sent by management on their social media pages.

Axl has been known for his exclusivity when it comes to interviews, but Slash & Duff typically are fairly vocal individuals on their social media and otherwise.  I don't imagine that they would be this quiet on the matter, unless otherwise instructed. Could they perhaps be readying a big all encompassing exclusive interview that includes all three of them?  For example, I would imagine the "big three" appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone with a huge article in tow would explain the lack of commenting thus far.

I think so.  With the VH reunion, there was so much press and interviews before they played that it sort of took the luster off when they actually did.

With Guns, it's like this powder keg that, instead of leaking a little out here and there, they keep packing it full of powder, and keeping everyone guessing and wondering.  Then, when they hit Vegas they blow the roof off the place.  Once the tour (assuming there is a full tour) gets rolling, I think we'll see some interviews.  But until then, IMO they are intentionally keeping silent and letting the intrigue build...and I dig the shit out of that.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »

I would think that given all the money involved, they will have to do some promotion once a full slate of dates are announced.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:57:39 PM »

But until then, IMO they are intentionally keeping silent and letting the intrigue build...and I dig the shit out of that.

If that's the plan, its an awesome one.  Just takes something of a leap of faith from the rest of us.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »

you know just enough to NEED?WANT a $500 ticket.....there's no need to let the rest out of the bag yet

and probably some of it is still being worked out....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »

But until then, IMO they are intentionally keeping silent and letting the intrigue build...and I dig the shit out of that.

If that's the plan, its an awesome one.  Just takes something of a leap of faith from the rest of us.

And I would agree that it takes a huge leap of faith to believe that there is some "monumental promotion" on the horizon...But I really think this is just too big for Promoters to ignore, too much money at stake to *not* market this right.

I'm choosing to believe that we're going to see something along the lines of a RS/Billboard exclusive unveiling. EVERYONE wants to know how this happened and how they all feel about it.  Someone's gonna get that exclusive.  I would imagine the band/Axl/management would prefer it to be somewhat controlled I.E. a RS cover with the big three.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 03:05:20 PM »

And I would agree that it takes a huge leap of faith to believe that there is some "monumental promotion" on the horizon...But I really think this is just too big for Promoters to ignore, too much money at stake to *not* market this right.

I'm choosing to believe that we're going to see something along the lines of a RS/Billboard exclusive unveiling. EVERYONE wants to know how this happened and how they all feel about it.  Someone's gonna get that exclusive.  I would imagine the band/Axl/management would prefer it to be somewhat controlled I.E. a RS cover with the big three.

I've been impressed enough with how they've handled things thus far to take that leap of faith.

That may not seem like much.  But if you told me to take a similar leap of faith on TB and TB alone over the past few years, I'd have laughed right in your face.

Whatever the problems may have been in the past, things seem far more together now.  I'm encouraged.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »

I don't think we are going to get a detailed breakdown about how they kissed and made up.

But I do hope the gag order doesn't go on all spring and summer.

Part of me wants to hear and see them right now 24/7... but at the same time it will make April 8th all that more exhilarating if there is NOTHING and then boom... the 3 of them are standing on that stage doing Jungle or Nightrain 5 feet in front of me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »

A quick snippet on the website of the 3 of them at a rehearsal would be magnificent.

Not even playing, because I could see wanting to save that moment for paying customers.

But what about just 90 seconds to 2 minutes of something filmed from across the room of them talking and laughing?

We'd all go apeshit.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »

A quick snippet on the website of the 3 of them at a rehearsal would be magnificent.

Not even playing, because I could see wanting to save that moment for paying customers.

But what about just 90 seconds to 2 minutes of something filmed from across the room of them talking and laughing?

We'd all go apeshit.

100 percent.....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »

We'd all go apeshit.

Yeah, but why do that when you can remain silent and still keep everyone on the edge of their seats, ready to leap at any second?

Nothing like the ability to keep people hanging on your every word.... when you haven't even said anything!   yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »

The announced shows sold out and they didn't say a word.

Maybe there'll be more talk when/if there's more shows announced?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 03:45:32 PM »

The announced shows sold out and they didn't say a word.

Maybe there'll be more talk when/if there's more shows announced?

/jarmo

Yeah, announcing these shows under the Axl, Slash & Duff banner certainly seems to be all the marketing they need, especially right out the gates. I guess it's more on a journalistic level that I'm surprised more outlets aren't beating down their doors right now (maybe they are?) to get the exclusive.

Out of all the possible reunions, this was the one that seemed least likely....And it's happening! There's a mountain of a story there, especially on Axl's end. Hopefully we get to hear it soon.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 03:49:51 PM »

I bet all the media outlets would love to be the ones getting the first interview.
And the band knows it.

It'll be interesting to see how and where it happens....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 03:58:45 PM »

I bet all the media outlets would love to be the ones getting the first interview.
And the band knows it.

It'll be interesting to see how and where it happens....

/jarmo

I would imagine that internally it's a delicate topic.  A lot of feelings were hurt, likely on both ends, over a lot of years.  I wonder just how much they would want to broadcast how that reconciliation went down. Probably some very personal, long talks between Axl & Slash.

A lot of talk backers are saying that this was strictly business and is about big money and little else.  While I'm sure the money in not an unattractive perk, it's not the first offer to land on Axl's lap.  There's been seven figure offers from promoters dating back to 2005 for them to reunite, and it still didn't happen. Something more had to have happened between Axl & Slash to make this possible.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »

A lot of talk backers are saying that this was strictly business and is about big money and little else.  While I'm sure the money in not an unattractive perk, it's not the first offer to land on Axl's lap.  There's been seven figure offers from promoters dating back to 2005 for them to reunite, and it still didn't happen. Something more had to have happened between Axl & Slash to make this possible.

Axl still had a band in 2005.  Still had designs on making this all work.

Come 10 years later, very different situation, all around.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »

Axl still had a band in 2005.  Still had designs on making this all work.

Come 10 years later, very different situation, all around.

True.  So you think this was done out of desperation? Or do you think it was perhaps the catalyst for giving a reunion regrouping deeper thought? 

We know Axl and Slash were on better terms before DJ quit.  I'm of the mind that because things were on the up and up with Axl and Slash, when DJ punched out Axl probably thought "Well....Why the fuck not?"  And I don't think that makes him desperate.  It makes him smart and shows a fair amount of balls and maturity to take that leap.
Princess Leia
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »

I think for the first interview the 3 of them should do it with Del James and post it in Nightrain. Then fans forums and the media can pick it up from there
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »

I think for the first interview the 3 of them should do it with Del James and post it in Nightrain. Then fans forums and the media can pick it up from there

That'd be somewhat pointless, seeing how wherever it gets posted it will be on Nightrain within moments. Better to do it on a grander scale.  Go big or go home and all that...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: