Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)  (Read 49958 times)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »

Wonder if these ads will pop up in Europe? Guess not if they're tied to a specific US theatre chain. Maybe we'll get something else entirely.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2015, 08:18:31 AM »

Wonder if these ads will pop up in Europe? Guess not if they're tied to a specific US theatre chain. Maybe we'll get something else entirely.

It's not really tied to a specific chain, but to a specific advertising network/agency that does business with a bunch of U.S. theaters and chains.  NOT EU, though, as far as I can tell.

IF the ad, itself, is really for Coachella featuring GnR...and that's my operating theory...since it's a US based festival, I don't think they do too much advertising outside the US.

If it's for a tour or album...I'd expect those ads to start popping up abroad, shortly. Somehow.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »

I would't rule it out entirely, however if this is being paid for by Coachella I wouldn't think that they would spread a ton of money overseas. While yes there will be people who travel there, I would think that a significant portion of the audience is going to be US based so just looking at 'bang for your buck' I would think these stay focused in the US.

That changes completely if this is being paid for someone else for some other reason.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »

Yeah, think you're both on the button there. If nothing pops up elsewhere within the next couple of weeks it's probably safe to assume that whatever is happening is happening in the States. Initially at least.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »

Yeah, think you're both on the button there. If nothing pops up elsewhere within the next couple of weeks it's probably safe to assume that whatever is happening is happening in the States. Initially at least.

You can only announce the reunion once, after that it is the reformed band additional shows.  Bit like pulling a cracker  at xmas, if it doesn't go bang then you just don't get the same anticipation next time round, but you still get the gift and joke..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »

You can only announce the reunion once, after that it is the reformed band additional shows.  Bit like pulling a cracker  at xmas, if it doesn't go bang then you just don't get the same anticipation next time round, but you still get the gift and joke..

I think you only need to announce it once. Not to put down the CD era lineups, but when (IF) they take the stage at Coachella this will be the core of Guns N Roses on stage for the first time together since 1993. It will be picked up internationally from there because the bulk of the media and music listening public views Axl, Slash, and Duff as GNR. Trust me you won't miss the coverage of this (IF it happens).
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »

It will be the biggest news the band has made since Clinton's first term.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »

In the past week I have had at least 10 people call me or text me who have never visited a GNR message board in their life and never will go to me "have you heard about GNR??"

An official announcement would be epic.

To those who keep barking there is no factual evidence of this becoming a reality... while technically you're correct... you are simply just not reading between the lines very clearly..

and if it turns out that you folks are right and this never happens... well Axl is going to be left holding the bag and is facing a mountain of backlash that will be very hard to bounce back from. The GNR camp's silence at this point is deafening.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »

As others have said, and I agree, I just can't believe he'd be that nuts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

so Duff & Slash are probably back, at least for a tour...
no third guitarist needed at the moment I suppose?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »

I enjoyed the movie but to be honest i went to see the teaser so the movie was just a plus.

rofl peace Haha, bless ya fanboy. Hope you're in the front row when/if these shows happen, sincerely.

lol i hope too!  hihi
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:28 PM »

Thanks a lot to pilferk and Spirit for all the information about this trailer!

It is indeed a big figure for this "promotion", even if it's just like 5/ 10/ 15 seconds trailers, but I'm wondering why they didn't add a logo or website address? I'm not sure what they're trying to say with this trailer. A live pic of Axl/ Slash/ Duff over the crowd shots would have been a lot clearer...

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:44 PM »

Thanks a lot to pilferk and Spirit for all the information about this trailer!

It is indeed a big figure for this "promotion", even if it's just like 5/ 10/ 15 seconds trailers, but I'm wondering why they didn't add a logo or website address? I'm not sure what they're trying to say with this trailer. A live pic of Axl/ Slash/ Duff over the crowd shots would have been a lot clearer...

True.

You also could have been a lot clearer if you put Godzilla or Cloverfield in the first trailers too.

But a little mystery marketing can work too.  You are pretty sure you know what's there, but still stay tuned because you want that big reveal.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

True.

You also could have been a lot clearer if you put Godzilla or Cloverfield in the first trailers too.

But a little mystery marketing can work too.  You are pretty sure you know what's there, but still stay tuned because you want that big reveal.

I guess there's really two ways to look at it... But if you choose the "mystery" road, I guess you'd have to solve the mystery pretty soon. 10 days after the first trailer (Coachella announcement?) seems a bit far for me, at the age and time of social networks.

We shall know pretty soon, but thanks to the info in this thread it does seem to be connected to Coachella. Interesting.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2015, 12:31:09 PM »

I think if they've put the Coachella logo in the teaser, they would've ruined their own official line-up announcement.

They could've had the GNR logo, but I don't think it would have served much purpose. Everyone knew it was Guns N Roses. Only thing is they would've established that the teaser indeed was FOR Guns N Roses, and not just a generic thing which just happened to have a GNR soundtrack.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »

If there is a reunion, I don't see the need for 3... none of the classic material was written for 3 guitars. They had to force tradeoff's (like the SCOM solo with DJ handing off to Bumble)... in 2002 at points Bucket just stood on the left hand side of the stage (from the fan view) and stood hunched over like he was 'turned off' while he wasn't needed for a quick noodling solo during the Appetite stuff. Even the CD era material that 'suits' the classic line up only really needs two guitars (TIL as an example).. would love to see Slash's take on that solo if they agreed to play an CD material here or there during a tour.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »

If there is a reunion, I don't see the need for 3... none of the classic material was written for 3 guitars. They had to force tradeoff's (like the SCOM solo with DJ handing off to Bumble)... in 2002 at points Bucket just stood on the left hand side of the stage (from the fan view) and stood hunched over like he was 'turned off' while he wasn't needed for a quick noodling solo during the Appetite stuff. Even the CD era material that 'suits' the classic line up only really needs two guitars (TIL as an example).. would love to see Slash's take on that solo if they agreed to play an CD material here or there during a tour.

The classic songs do have enough guitar tracks for 3 guitars, it's more that you'll have to leave out certain things when playing live with 2 guitars. Slash and Izzy didn't just record one track each for the songs. There are fills, additional rhythm etc.

Edit to add: When playing live with 2 guitars, they play the essential notes, so it's not a BIG difference from the studio version, mostly subtle.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:40:06 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

I could see Better & TIL be the only CD songs in the set list.  I would be very surprised if there's a 3rd guitarist.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »

The classic songs do have enough guitar tracks for 3 guitars, it's more that you'll have to leave out certain things when playing live with 2 guitars. Slash and Izzy didn't just record one track each for the songs. There are fills, additional rhythm etc.

Edit to add: When playing live with 2 guitars, they play the essential notes, so it's not a BIG difference from the studio version, mostly subtle.

I should have said guitarists more than guitars... That is true of most acts, but when performed live they improvise. The CD material was written for 3 guitarists (with actually more than 3 guitar tracks recorded)

My point though being, your can't deny that early on in the 2000's live, bucket would literally play nothing for stretches of time. Robin and Paul/Richard covered the meat of the classic tracks.

This is my opinion (which may or may not be shared with others) but taking the vocals out of the equation entirely, the RNRHOF performance of SCOM is the best that song has been performed under the GnR moniker since the 90's... While Axl owns the name and his version of the band is Guns N Roses, for 3 songs and 20ish minutes that was Guns N' Roses minus Axl Rose and most HBO viewers (in the US not sure how it was broadcast internationally) would agree. It was done with 2 guitars, and while I enjoy Gilby, I am drooling thinking of what Slash and Richard would do with those tracks live (if the rumors hold true).
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2015, 12:53:52 PM »

I could see Better & TIL be the only CD songs in the set list.  I would be very surprised if there's a 3rd guitarist.

I could see SOD... that to me has a very 'old', 'classic' (trying to avoid original) line up feel to it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: