Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)  (Read 49960 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2015, 05:52:56 PM »

I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the trailers were shown before other movie(s) as well....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »

Yeah, buying ad time before 'Star Wars' ain't exactly like buying ad time during old re-runs of 'Mama's Family'.

No need to drag Mama's Family into this.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »

I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the trailers were shown before other movie(s) as well....

You're not wrong. Hateful Eight and Joy has been reported.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »

You're not wrong. Hateful Eight and Joy has been reported.

Even better!

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2015, 06:02:34 PM »

I thnk you are talking about the block ads that run before the lights dim? The ones available for local use, that run among the trivia games and concessions ads? Thats the right price point for those.

The gnr spot wasn't that. It was part of the previews reel.  Those are national buys, as they accompany a particular movie, along with the rest of its preview package. For example, star trek was bundled with star wars in the first week.

Those buys typicall cost mega bucks (often a million plus), depending on the movie they are tied to. Anything tied to star wars is pretty much at the top of the price point, too.

Edit: this wasn't a full trailer...it was teaser length, so that might bring costs down a bit.

Also ncm has 1350 theaters. Assume about 1500 screens for star wars, minimum, in those chains.

When you say preview reel, do you mean it was in between the movie trailers? Because other people have said it was shown before the trailers began, among other normal commercials.

Looking at FirstLook's website, their pre-show reel lasts for 20 minutes so I think that's before the lights dim.

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2015, 06:06:43 PM »

I thnk you are talking about the block ads that run before the lights dim? The ones available for local use, that run among the trivia games and concessions ads? Thats the right price point for those.

The gnr spot wasn't that. It was part of the previews reel.  Those are national buys, as they accompany a particular movie, along with the rest of its preview package. For example, star trek was bundled with star wars in the first week.

Those buys typicall cost mega bucks (often a million plus), depending on the movie they are tied to. Anything tied to star wars is pretty much at the top of the price point, too.

Edit: this wasn't a full trailer...it was teaser length, so that might bring costs down a bit.

Also ncm has 1350 theaters. Assume about 1500 screens for star wars, minimum, in those chains.

When you say preview reel, do you mean it was in between the movie trailers? Because other people have said it was shown before the trailers began, among other normal commercials.

Looking at FirstLook's website, their pre-show reel lasts for 20 minutes so I think that's before the lights dim.

Leading into the movie trailers. Thats what i heard from someone in a theater, yes. It was like the first thing on the preview reel.

Now, maybe they were wrong, and it was running with the block ads (the "normal" commercials). But thats not what i had heard.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2015, 06:07:31 PM »

Leading into the movie trailers. Thats what i heard from someone in a theater, yes. It was like the first thing on the preview reel.

Now, maybe they were wrong, and it was running with the block ads (the "normal" commercials). But thats not what i had heard.

But some said it aired up to 4 times during a 20 min period...

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »

I believe its during the "pre-show countdown" when they advertise operas screenings and the like.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »

But some said it aired up to 4 times during a 20 min period...

Yeah, i hadn't seen that. And the two people i know who actually saw it, that i know irl, said they saw it once, just as the lights dimmed (different theaters in different places).

If so, your prices are more in line...a little low considering what was showing in front. If jarmo is right, and it was also showing in front of other movies, figure 300-400 per screen, and prob between 1500 and 1800 screens.  A buy of around 500 -750k. If it was every screen in every one of the 1350 theaters....you'd be looking at roughly 5k screens but prob with a lower buy in per (that would be roughly 250 per). Or about 1.25 million.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »

Damn.  That's a big figure.

This is real.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2015, 06:24:40 PM »

Yeah, i hadn't seen that. And the two people i know who actually saw it, that i know irl, said they saw it once, just as the lights dimmed (different theaters in different places).

If so, your prices are more in line...a little low considering what was showing in front. If jarmo is right, and it was also showing in front of other movies, figure 300-400 per screen, and prob between 1500 and 1800 screens.  A buy of around 500 -750k. If it was every screen in every one of the 1350 theaters....you'd be looking at roughly 5k screens but prob with a lower buy in per (that would be roughly 250 per). Or about 1.25 million.

Either way the figure is big enough not to be for something trivial.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »

Damn.  That's a big figure.

This is real.

Keep one thing in mind: Coachella does in theater advertising, and has the last couple years, at least, that i personally remember/saw. If this is from them, its no more expensive than their usual buy...well, maybe a bit if its running in higher profile shows. I don't know. Point being.....

Here's what last years looked like, i think. It certainly reminds me of the ad i remember seeing last year...so if its not, this is certainly the tyoe of ad they usually run.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLhAYqmOJt8
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:56:32 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »

It should be mentioned that Coachella is an AEG Live event.

AEG Live is also GN'R's tour promoter in the US.

And as someone mentioned earlier, AEG is a client of NCM (the company running the movie teaser).

Sweetness is a virtue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2015, 07:39:11 PM »

wow... leave it you guys to know about shit! you guys are great!

definitely starting to look like a coachella thingy. thinks for putting together all those little puzzle pieces guys!  whatever it is, this is awesome!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »

/jarmo

You are correct, heard this from a few people at different movies over the last few days
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2015, 02:08:44 AM »

went to an AMC movie theater tonight to watch Joy and saw it, I kinda tricked my wife to go to a regal or amc theater cuz i heard its where they were showing the teaser, I arrived early so I won't mis it, and then bam! the riff of welcome to the jungle on the screen with the crowd, but just lasted a second or two, then a few commercials of new tv series, then bam! a little longer clip and right after "you know where you are....." cut!....then i thought ok, this is killing me lol, I was the only one in there that jumped right when i hear every clip, my wife even slap my arm because she got scared when i jumped of the chair, and after another round of commercials finally, the full teaser came out, it is awesome. I enjoyed the movie but to be honest i went to see the teaser so the movie was just a plus.
Since the first time I heard Guns n Roses what was I was 14-15 years old and sweet child o mine played on MTV I been a big fan of this band since then, that is why this is a big deal for me, I had the name of the 5 members write on my jeans and they became a big part of my youth. I love this band since then, I loved the new GnR too and saw them live and enjoyed every show, but the reunion, even with the 3 of them, or 4 or 5, its like going back to that very first day I heard the music that changed my life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2015, 02:31:53 AM »

went to an AMC movie theater tonight to watch Joy and saw it, I kinda tricked my wife to go to a regal or amc theater cuz i heard its where they were showing the teaser, I arrived early so I won't mis it, and then bam! the riff of welcome to the jungle on the screen with the crowd, but just lasted a second or two, then a few commercials of new tv series, then bam! a little longer clip and right after "you know where you are....." cut!....then i thought ok, this is killing me lol, I was the only one in there that jumped right when i hear every clip, my wife even slap my arm because she got scared when i jumped of the chair, and after another round of commercials finally, the full teaser came out, it is awesome. I enjoyed the movie but to be honest i went to see the teaser so the movie was just a plus.
Since the first time I heard Guns n Roses what was I was 14-15 years old and sweet child o mine played on MTV I been a big fan of this band since then, that is why this is a big deal for me, I had the name of the 5 members write on my jeans and they became a big part of my youth. I love this band since then, I loved the new GnR too and saw them live and enjoyed every show, but the reunion, even with the 3 of them, or 4 or 5, its like going back to that very first day I heard the music that changed my life.

What a great post! GNR music is such a part of our lives  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2015, 03:45:38 AM »

I enjoyed the movie but to be honest i went to see the teaser so the movie was just a plus.

rofl peace Haha, bless ya fanboy. Hope you're in the front row when/if these shows happen, sincerely.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2015, 04:07:56 AM »

Is this only being shown at regal theatres for the Star Wars showing? I'm about to drive 40 mins out of the way just to see it, because there is only one of these in my area or are other theaters showing it now as well?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »

Is this only being shown at regal theatres for the Star Wars showing? I'm about to drive 40 mins out of the way just to see it, because there is only one of these in my area or are other theaters showing it now as well?

There's a bunch of theater chains, and independant theaters, that use NCM.  Our small, local theater does (Cinerom) as do a bunch of the chains (an old Hoyts thats now independant, AMC, and Regal).

They provide content to about 1350 theaters around the U.S.  You can find a local theater they provide content to (and thus, you might see the teaser at), here:

http://www.ncm.com/theater-search

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: