Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:24:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66650 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »

This wasn?t the case with CD. Before it was released we had something tangible. There was some evidence. We could at least believe there was something in the making.

Its definitely weird.  I've brought it up, but got shouted down.

Using the band's past history seems to only apply on a case by case basis.  What's important is that everything is still rosy, so fear not.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

Before it was released we had something tangible. There was some evidence. We could at least believe there was something in the making.

Who's "we"?  Huh

Anyone still giving enough of a shit to follow this misadventure from 01.01.01 onwards.

So...just about everyone here.  And countless other folks that don't post at this particular spot.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »

I'm sorry if I don't buy this lame retort about emotions. Nobody believes that anybody here is a robot without emotions.

No, but you get your back up and take everything as a grave insult.  It suggests an emotional hypersensitive mindset.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »

Anyone still giving enough of a shit to follow this misadventure from 01.01.01 onwards.

So...just about everyone here.  And countless other folks that don't post at this particular spot.

Why do you need to always find a way to be negative? Are you having a bad day? Bad year maybe?

Also, I'm here but she doesn't speak on my behalf.

No, but you get your back up and take everything as a grave insult.  It suggests an emotional hypersensitive mindset.

I have a low tolerance for stupidity and bullshit. Some of your posts are like an insult of other people's intelligence.
I'm not perfect.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:56:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2015, 12:57:46 PM »

I can't help or control the way you react.  If you choose to see things as negative or an insult, that's on you.

I'd also counter that since its only the same handful of folks that takes things that way, its less of a universal opinion and more a tailored reaction.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

I can't help or control the way you react.  If you choose to see things as negative or an insult, that's on you.

this misadventure from 01.01.01 onwards.

misadventure: an unfortunate incident; a mishap.

How is this positive?
You mean it's unfortunate in a good way?

Must be my English once again.

Maybe if you want to avoid confusion and avoid being seen as negative, you could've said unlucky adventure.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »

No, I'm all set.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »

Its definitely weird.  I've brought it up, but got shouted down.

Using the band's past history seems to only apply on a case by case basis.  What's important is that everything is still rosy, so fear not.

For the live show thing: We have heard bits and bites in the intro (according to Axl and some band members) and maybe some solos.  Yes, they haven't performed the stuff, in full, live.  BUT, they also had issues with leaks and bootlegs with CD...and one of the primary criticisms from folks was they had "heard it all, already" when it was released.  So I think there's an easy explanation, there. 

For the leaks...I have a hard time taking them to task for improved "security" to prevent tracks getting out before they want them out there.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »

Before it was released we had something tangible. There was some evidence. We could at least believe there was something in the making.

Who's "we"?  Huh

I think the point is "we" think there is some evidence, in the way of comments from those in the band, and those outside it, who claim to have heard the tracks.

YOU (meaning Princess Leia, and those who might be on the same boat) want "tangible" evidence: IE to hear the actual notes played with your own ears.

I think that's a very narrow definition of something's existence.

I've never held a million dollars.....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:26:09 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »

It's a myth I tell you!

Like that line in that song about finding a million Dollars that someone forgot....

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »

Who's "we"?  Huh

I think the point is "we" think there is some evidence, in the way of comments from those in the band, and those outside it, who claim to have heard the tracks.

YOU (meaning Princess Leia, and those who might be on the same boat) want "tangible" evidence: IE to hear the actual notes played with your own ears.

By "we" I meant fans in general. Was that hard to figure it out?

And the CD leaks is a really lame ass excuse. When OMG came out we didn?t have any leaks. When the band perfomed in RIR and Vegas 2001 there were no leaks either.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »

So playing songs live before you know when they'll be released makes sense to you?

That's what the band did last time around. Only to have certain fans complain about the "old songs they heard on bootlegs for years" when they were released.
I guess that's the explanation regarding live shows that I can think of.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2015, 01:52:59 PM »

For the live show thing: We have heard bits and bites in the intro (according to Axl and some band members) and maybe some solos.  Yes, they haven't performed the stuff, in full, live.  BUT, they also had issues with leaks and bootlegs with CD...and one of the primary criticisms from folks was they had "heard it all, already" when it was released.  So I think there's an easy explanation, there. 

I think it was the outright leaks that played more of a role there, don't you think?

You can't really tell from a live version what the actual album version might sound like.  'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' (as it was known at the time) from RIR III are still my favorite versions of the songs.  

But when we finally got the album, 7 years later, those versions were quite different.

The leaks of 'I.R.S.', 'Better', 'There Was A Time', 'If The World', 'Prostitute'...yeah, they were pretty much what we got on the album.  Only very minor tweaks.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »

Yeah, but I just roll my eyes at those sorts of questions.

Who is "we"?...Who are "the fans"?...Who is "everybody"?

How many times do you see that sort of thing in response to a post?  And it is ever NOT about trying to change the subject?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »

It's a myth I tell you!

Like that line in that song about finding a million Dollars that someone forgot....

Well, time went by and it most certainly all went up in smoke.  A few times over now.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

By "we" I meant fans in general. Was that hard to figure it out?

Of course not.

But its easier to feign confusion and start talking about general terminology than it is to tackle the points you raised within the post that contained the term.

This is not new.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »

I think it was the outright leaks that played more of a role there, don't you think?

You can't really tell from a live version what the actual album version might sound like.  'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' (as it was known at the time) from RIR III are still my favorite versions of the songs.  

But when we finally got the album, 7 years later, those versions were quite different.

The leaks of 'I.R.S.', 'Better', 'There Was A Time', 'If The World', 'Prostitute'...yeah, they were pretty much what we got on the album.  Only very minor tweaks.

I think the leaks were the major part of it. But I think the fact a LOT of the material was played live contributed, too....especially considering how far out in front of the actual release date it was played.  I mean.....we're talking half a decade prior, in some cases.

But I think if that's the criticism (and might have been a business point the label brought up in regards to the potential for CD2, maybe)....then you handle both parts.  Esp when you've already got a ton of material on your set list.

Together again,
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »

Yeah, but I just roll my eyes at those sorts of questions.

Who is "we"?...Who are "the fans"?...Who is "everybody"?

How many times do you see that sort of thing in response to a post?  And it is ever NOT about trying to change the subject?

Nope, it is an attempt to decipher just who you are pretending to be the spokesman and representative of this time.

When you say "us" and "we" you are attempting to speak for others, or you are insinuating you somehow magically know what others think.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »

So playing songs live before you know when they'll be released makes sense to you?

I certainly did not object to it at the time.  Did anyone?

It also spoke to the fact that they were excited about what they had worked out.  Let's cut the crap here.  

Do you think those guys got more enjoyment about playing the new songs they actually helped create...or running through 'Out Ta Get Me' for the umpteenth time?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »

When you say "us" and "we" you are attempting to speak for others, or you are insinuating you somehow magically know what others think.

Its a general term that is easier to talk about than the rest of the point being made.

We need to get to the bottom of it!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: