Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66654 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »

22 songs according to Tommy...36 songs recorded during the chinese sessions.

Which is actually MORE than another album.  It's like an album and a half.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2015, 09:24:04 AM »

From the Revolver interview-

?We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out,? ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too.

Noted how media don't spin 'Axl promise follow-up and remix-album after end of vegas-residency', but Tommy and Slash-interviews gets blown out of proportions? Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »

If a hybrid lineup is what they are doing, adding Slash to some of the more traditional tracks is a win-win for all.

Oh, it would help.

But let me ask you this.  This isn't like adding the Ron Thals of the world to a mostly finished tracks.  I don't know you can bring in the second most famous person in band history, a guy recognized as a true giant in his field, and tell him he's just throwing a few licks over Robin Finck's work.

Wouldn't you have to erase what's on there and give him a full crack?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »

?We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out,? ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too.

Noted how media don't spin this 'Axl promise follow-up and remix-album after end of vegas-residency', but Tommy and Slash-interviews gets blown out of proportions? Tongue

Because no one believes Axl.  He's the The Boy Who Cried New Album at this point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »

If a hybrid lineup is what they are doing, adding Slash to some of the more traditional tracks is a win-win for all.

Oh, it would help.

But let me ask you this.  This isn't like adding the Ron Thals of the world to a mostly finished tracks.  I don't know you can bring in the second most famous person in band history, a guy recognized as a true giant in his field, and tell him he's just throwing a few licks over Robin Finck's work.

maybe....the guts of the song would already be done so give Slash the guts and vocals and see what he can do with it.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2015, 09:29:51 AM »

Oh, it would help.

You definitely give him the song, and let him take a full crack at the track, if he wants it.

But he's still left to work within the confines of the existing song structure, so....

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2015, 09:32:04 AM »

maybe....the guts of the song would already be done so give Slash the guts and vocals and see what he can do with it.

Oh yeah, I don't think he'd rewrite anything.  I think he would just put his own spin on it.

But in its entirety.  I don't see Slash as a complimentary piece.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

Noted how media don't spin this 'Axl promise follow-up and remix-album after end of vegas-residency', but Tommy and Slash-interviews gets blown out of proportions? Tongue

Because no one believes Axl.  He's the The Boy Who Cried New Album at this point.

hahaha lmao

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »

hahaha lmao

And this is the reason why you can't really blame people for complaining.
 Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2015, 10:44:58 AM »

Wrong.

Just because you don't believe a new album exists doesn't mean everyone shares your view.

I find people that frequently lie and are dishonest are the first ones to jump up and accuse others of doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:04:46 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »

Just because you don't believe a new album exists doesn't mean everyone shares your view.

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm speaking to the contrast in reactions.

My post was a response to the questions why "the media" is not holding Axl's feet to the fire based on his Revolver interview.

And the answer is that no one really believes him.  Not that he's lying.  But they roll their eyes as they read it, because his track record is so piss poor.

The diehard GNR fan wants to believe, so they have a rosier outlook.

But the rest of the planet?  Goes something like this :

"So, going to start the business of getting that follow up together for release, huh?  Great.  Oh, and a remix album too, huh?  That's just dynamite.  Tell you what...I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime.  That cool?  I'm sure this is all totally happening though."

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm speaking to the contrast in reactions.

My post was a response to the questions why "the media" is not holding Axl's feet to the fire based on his Revolver interview.

And the answer is that no one really believes him.  Not that he's lying.  But they roll their eyes as they read it, because his track record is so piss poor.

The diehard GNR fan wants to believe, so they have a rosier outlook.

But the rest of the planet?  Goes something like this :

"So, going to start the business of getting that follow up together for release, huh?  Great.  Oh, and a remix album too, huh?  That's just dynamite.  Tell you what...I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing in the meantime.  That cool?  I'm sure this is all totally happening though."

Not honestly interested in your imaginary dialogues you concoct in your head.

I don't think "everyone" has your outlook of not believing him, and you do not speak for everyone, nor could you know what everyone is thinking.

The media hasn't got a great track record.

The release of CD was a perfect storm of Murphy's Law happenings, and conflict- It is amazing it got released in 2008 all things considered.

Axl-
?To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement,? Rose wrote. ?Overcoming the endless and seemingly insanity of the obstacles faced by all involved, not withstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone: the fans, the band, our road crew and business team has at many times seemed for all like a bad dream where one wakes up only to find they are still in the nightmare and unfortunately this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life.

?The true ongoing behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time some form or another of legalities have been taking place that really the best way to deal with publicly was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome and especially one that wouldn?t jeopardize the band or the album.?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:19:53 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »

I don't think "everyone" has your outlook of not believing him, and you do not speak for everyone, nor could you know what everyone is thinking.

Check the emotion at the door for a second, if you even can, and just listen to what I am saying.

Its less about not believing him, and more about believing it when they see it.  But given his penchant for absurd delays, little point in wasting a lot of time and effort following up on his claims.

Which is why there has not been much follow up, or wondering about his progress, since the Revolver interview.  Which is how this conversation began.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

Without the sarcasm, and that last bit...that's pretty much my reaction, too.  And not in a bad way...I'm firmly in the "Go live your life" boat.  And that's not because I think Axl is lying, or whatever.  It's because we know there have been LONG stretches with no new material. Shit happens. I jokingly refer to it as "Slash's Snake Bit" amongst my friends.   Sorta like the curse of the Bambino.

Not that I'm not above making a foray here, to chat with everyone on the subject.  And do some speculation.  But I believe it's coming when a release date is announced, or a (approved) single is on the radio.

I'm also a Disney nut, specifically the Disney parks.  I take a similar tactic with them: Until there is vertical construction, even announcements aren't a good indicator.

It happens when it happens.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:40:14 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »

Without the sarcasm...

You might as well as not even have the conversation.

Sarcasm is the *best* case scenario of a reaction from non-GNR diehards.  I didn't even bother to speak on the people that give precisely no fucks about a new album from replacement players on any level.  People that absolutely exist.

Sarcasm is what you get from people still interested on some level, but well aware the relying on Axl following through on anything resembling a timely manner is a fool's errand.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »

You might as well as not even have the conversation.

Sarcasm is the *best* case scenario of a reaction from non-GNR diehards.  I didn't even bother to speak on the people that give precisely no fucks about a new album from replacement players on any level.  People that absolutely exist.

Sarcasm is what you get from people still interested on some level, but well aware the relying on Axl following through on anything resembling a timely manner is a fool's errand.

No, no...I get all that.

I was just pointing out that the reactions aren't all that different, other than the tone (and again, that last bit).  That was really the only point.  And some personal anecdote.  I wasn't trying to make a larger point or anything.

Together again,
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

Check the emotion at the door for a second, if you even can, and just listen to what I am saying.

Its less about not believing him, and more about believing it when they see it.  But given his penchant for absurd delays, little point in wasting a lot of time and effort following up on his claims.

Which is why there has not been much follow up, or wondering about his progress, since the Revolver interview.  Which is how this conversation began.

No emotion involved on my part, you are wrong yet again. Cheesy

I don't and haven't seen any "absurd delays"- I think you are once again attempting to put a negative spin on things.

No release date was announced in the revolver interview- and there will be updates/announcements when there is something ready to announce.

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2015, 12:41:51 PM »

I?m not talking about released. I?m talking about a process. Something that it is in production or preproduction it is not much of an album to me. Now if you tell me about final versions of songs in the process of being polished or mixed. That?s another story.

Thats a VERY narrow definition that I don't think you'll find many people are going to share with you.

So then what's your litmus test for finished?

Packed with artwork, booklet, and linear notes?

Mixed and mastered?

Fully recorded, and READY to be mixed and mastered? (This seems to be the stage the material is at, since Axl says the recording is done)

Completely written and ready to be recorded?

Something else?

Again, I refer back to CD.  From comments, it seems like the material is right about the place it was when we started to get the CD leaks. Fully recorded, but likely not final mixed and mastered.  And there's always a chance that certain tracks get re-recorded/redubbed during the mixing process, to get a specific sound.  That's true of every album recorded since mixing was a thing.

And yet...you don't think that's an album.  Sorry, I just don't think you're going to find many folks who jump off at that same point.

I believe it when I see it. You and others are free to believe otherwise. All I know is that not even one of those 100 songs you and others say they have recorded is avaible on iTunes. Not even one of those songs have been performed at shows. Not even one of those songs have ever been part of a movie soundtrack. We don?t even have a name for the so called album.

This wasn?t the case with CD. Before it was released we had something tangible. There was some evidence. We could at least believe there was something in the making.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »

I guess the latest go to excuse is that those who don't share his outlook on things are emotionally invested in the topic?

Not only are we "blind followers", we're also emotionally attached to things which makes us see things differently.

You can't make this shit up.

I'm sorry if I don't buy this lame retort about emotions. Nobody believes that anybody here is a robot without emotions.

If you're here, you got some kind of connection with the band and/or its music. There's emotions involved. Is this just another try at making one seem better than others? "Look at them, they're emotionally invested in this while I'm so objective and the only one who can think freely". Please come down.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:50:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »

Before it was released we had something tangible. There was some evidence. We could at least believe there was something in the making.

Who's "we"?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: