Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 103829 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #420 on: December 09, 2015, 05:10:50 PM »

Cherry, I think you are 100% wrong. I think Jarmo supports Guns in whatever capacity Axl sees fit.

I concur.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #421 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »

I dont think Jarmo hates Slash or Duff.... but i sure as shit think he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it.

He will dispute this of course, but his day to day behavior on here lends itself to that school of thought for sure.

Oh, I don't think that at all.

He supports whatever Axl is doing.  He's said as much.  And if that's the most recent set of line-ups, he's all about it.

But if Axl came out tomorrow and said he was reuniting the AFD line-up, he's be right on board with that too.

Think of it more like this.  He's the ultimate case of "living in the present".

Whatever happens to come down, and whatever is going on at the time, he will support.

I see no real evidence he supports one line-up over another.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #422 on: December 09, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »

Cherry, I think you are 100% wrong. I think Jarmo supports Guns in whatever capacity Axl sees fit.

I think hes got a point.

I dont think Jarmo hates Slash or Duff.... but i sure as shit think he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it.

He will dispute this of course, but his day to day behavior on here lends itself to that school of thought for sure.

News & Exclusiva:

JARMO Hate OldGnr

hihi rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »

too funny

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #424 on: December 09, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »

too funny

This Guys Is Amazing

peace

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #425 on: December 09, 2015, 05:17:40 PM »

If you could put together one legible sentence that would help.

Thanks.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »

No, post your theory why I 'hate GN'R'. It would honestly somehow explain why I spent money on GN'R CDs, DVDs, and concert tickets over the years, defended Axl on numerous boards and have done my best to get others to love the band. But, by all means, go ahead. By the way, I never claimed you hate GN'R as a whole. It is simply my belief that you hate Slash and Duff and don't want to see a reunion, and that you would do anything in your power to stop it from happening as you fear a reunion would erase the last 15 or so years.

It just appeared to me.
It doesn't make a lot of sense. But who cares right?

I'll just label you as a guy who hates all things GN'R.
You're doing the same to me, it's only fair that the roles can be reversed. Smiley
That's a joke by the way. Like your theory.

" It is simply my belief that you hate Slash and Duff and don't want to see a reunion, and that you would do anything in your power to stop it from happening as you fear a reunion would erase the last 15 or so years."  rofl

Did you read that out loud when you typed it? Holy shit.
Ok, let's assume you were right. What power?  rofl

By the way, you're wrong. So so wrong...

Have you ever tried erasing history? How did that go for you?

That is some funny stuff.
Here's a clue: There's not a GN'R release I dislike or don't listen to.

Guilty of being a fan!  peace

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #427 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:44 PM »

Thanks.

Careful with that sort of thing.  I don't think English is his first language. 

Be reasonable.  How would you do on a board in a different language?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »

Oh, I don't think that at all.

He supports whatever Axl is doing.  He's said as much.  And if that's the most recent set of line-ups, he's all about it.

But if Axl came out tomorrow and said he was reuniting the AFD line-up, he's be right on board with that too.

Think of it more like this.  He's the ultimate case of "living in the present".

Whatever happens to come down, and whatever is going on at the time, he will support.

I see no real evidence he supports one line-up over another.

Ill agree with half of that....

I think there has been more than a fair share of anti-slash sentiment on here from regular posters.

But i do agree that Jarmo would be down with anything Axl did going forward... my statement was regarding the fact i do believe he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it..

I mean.. FFS... the CD cover is on the front of the webpage.. why isnt it accompanied by the other albums?  Wink

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »

Thanks.

Careful with that sort of thing.  I don't think English is his first language. 

Be reasonable.  How would you do on a board in a different language?

If he can give out shit... i think its only fair he takes it when it comes back? Or is that not a reasonable notion?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »

I think mocking someone for their posting style if English is not their first language is pretty out of line.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »

But i do agree that Jarmo would be down with anything Axl did going forward... my statement was regarding the fact i do believe he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it..

I mean.. FFS... the CD cover is on the front of the webpage.. why isnt it accompanied by the other albums?  Wink

Because it is the latest studio release and also a big part of the site's history. You might not be aware of this, but back in the day, people used to go to fan sites to find news about that album.
Before forums and so on existed.

Edited to add: Before the Chinese thing there, I had the Illusion guy in that spot. If that makes you feel better!

The rest of the albums are under Discography in chronological order.  ok

If he can give out shit... i think its only fair he takes it when it comes back? Or is that not a reasonable notion?

Come on.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:33:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »

I think mocking someone for their posting style if English is not their first language is pretty out of line.

Seconded, completely out of line.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »

Thanks.

Sorry, I Am From Planet J?piter

Shocked

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

Sorry, I Am From Planet J?piter

Shocked

I thought it was Planet Finck.....  Huh

/jarmo

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2015, 05:30:26 PM »

It just appeared to me.
It doesn't make a lot of sense. But who cares right?

I'll just label you as a guy who hates all things GN'R.
You're doing the same to me, it's only fair that the roles can be reversed. Smiley
That's a joke by the way. Like your theory.

Fair enough.

Did you read that out loud when you typed it? Holy shit.
Ok, let's assume you were right. What power?  rofl

By the way, you're wrong. So so wrong...

Have you ever tried erasing history? How did that go for you?

By 'power', dude, you're tight with Team Brazil. Axl's management team. By proxy, you're tight with Axl and his camp. Who I will admit I honestly do not trust very much. Marc Canter, who was friends to both Slash and Axl for decades, has said things to the effect that "Beta increased Axl's hatred of Slash" and "Beta hates Slash even more than Axl does", "Beta thinks Slash is evil." Why should I trust someone who hates one of the key components in a possible reunion to not do something to sabotage it from happening? If people around me hated my ex-girlfriend and felt my ex-girlfriend was "evil", I wouldn't see them being supportive of me say getting back with her, to use an analogy.

As for 'erasing the past'...Not literally, obviously. But do you deny that a reunion could potentially eclipse what Axl has been doing since 1996? As D-GX has said, people in the public/mainstream/casual fans would go "Thank God real GN'R is back"/"Thank God that's over". Perhaps "eclipse" the last 15 or so years would be a better choice of words.

Would I be one of those people happy that the "new GN'R" ever is over and done? No. I want both CD II and whatever else was recorded from 1997-present, along with a reunion. I think all eras of GN'R's history should be taken into account when GN'R's history and legacy is considered. I will admit the UYIs are my favorite GN'R albums, but I liked a fair number of songs on CD as well and was actually hoping Axl would take the sound more experimental than the final product. Rhiad, OMG, Shackler's and Silkworms are among my favorite post 1996 songs. I don't think there's any member since 1985 who lacks merit. Paul Tobias is one of my favorite GN'R members of all time. I love Gilby. I think Robin was underrated and I dearly miss his songwriting in GN'R. It would be a tragedy for CD II not to come out, to stay buried or be cast aside because of a reunion. But it'd also be a tragedy for Axl, Slash, Duff (and hopefully Izzy and Steven/Matt) not to share a stage again or maybe even make new music together. Guns N' Roses were the last genuine and interesting rock band - and all I want is for the band's career to close out on a triumphant high note - not in Vegas with a whimper. I want to see Axl on stage looking lean, mean and like the badass rockstar he once was, tearing through songs with Slash and Duff and possibly the others, ending it all with a triumphant "GOOD, FUCKING, NIGHT!" I don't want the public's last "image" of Axl to be the heavier set, mustachioed guy with iffy vocals we got on the last tours. I want the man's legacy to be everything it can still be.

I want the history books to say: "GN'R's classic lineup got back together, put out a box set which included material from all the band's various lineups and a few brand new singles, and subsequently toured and sold out arenas, pleasing their fans all over the world, in what would be Rock N' Roll's last gasp."

I don't think Axl is this evil dude who "ruined Guns N' Roses". I think he's the most misunderstood man in rock and that the things he does, he does because they seem right to him. I don't think he has a truly malicious bone in his body. I also don't think Slash is some bad guy either. I think both guys have big egos and that each was equal to blame in the break-up of their "marriage."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:44:19 PM by CherryGarcia » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #436 on: December 09, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »

Lot of truth in that last post.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #437 on: December 09, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »

Haters and trolls are the people who say genuinely mean and/or hate-filled stuff about Axl, or spread rumors about him which either belittle or slander him. One troll on another board tried to spread a rumor that Axl was "gay" all over the net and provided people with Del's and Beta's cell numbers freely, for instance, a while back.

Those are extreme and sociopathic cases. Many Trolls simply post statements to intentionally get a rise out of people like you do on a continual basis here.

So, am I, in your eyes, not a GN'R fan or something? Define a "troll"? My words may disturb, but at least there's a reaction. At least what I say gets people talking. It isn't so much about attention for myself, but stirring the pot to get people talking about a band I happen to really love. Axl Rose is my hero. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with my hero or even be pissed off at him; "Kill your idols" and the general message he was trying to say with that t-shirt; "Don't hail me and don't idolize the ink." I don't think Axl would want anyone blindly kissing his ass, and I don't intend to do that. If I get a rise out of people who will hurt the man by telling him everything he does is okay, even if it is objectively harming his career and legacy, well, that's on you, not on me. I'll call Axl out for making what I see as bad choices, the same way I'll call out the people who are out to destroy his reputation as well. If that makes me a "troll" or a "hater", so be it. But, I evangelize Guns everywhere I go.

Why is it that loyal supportive fans are always accused of "blindly" following, or supposedly enabling career damaging or legacy harming?

You are seriously delusional if you think you "calling Axl out" makes one iota of difference in the grand scheme of things, that is laughable.

I think you like the attention so you make troll posts and hope to elicit an emotional response, it's creepy  nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #438 on: December 09, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »

By 'power', dude, you're tight with Team Brazil. Axl's management team. By proxy, you're tight with Axl and his camp. Who I will admit I honestly do not trust very much. Marc Canter, who was friends to both Slash and Axl for decades, has said things to the effect that "Beta increased Axl's hatred of Slash" and "Beta hates Slash even more than Axl does", "Beta thinks Slash is evil." Why should I trust someone who hates one of the key components in a possible reunion to not do something to sabotage it from happening? If people around me hated my ex-girlfriend and felt my ex-girlfriend was "evil", I wouldn't see them being supportive of me say getting back with her, to use an analogy.

Not really, but...
You choose to put a lot of faith into one person's opinion for some reason.
At least you admit your bias, which probably explains why you'd believe anybody who says anything to fuel that bias even more.

In my experience, you gotta be careful what you believe, especially when you don't know what makes people say things. Also in cases when the person is described with "was friends with....".
Just saying I'd be a bit more careful about believing everything as facts....

As for 'erasing the past'...Not literally, obviously. But do you deny that a reunion could potentially eclipse what Axl has been doing since 1996? As D-GX has said, people in the public/mainstream/casual fans would go "Thank God real GN'R is back"/"Thank God that's over". Perhaps "eclipse" the last 15 or so years would be a better choice of words.

I'm not denying anything.  No matter how much you claim I hate the old band, I never even denied what they accomplished. Smiley
To me, the different eras of the band, it's not about competition. One over the other, or whatever. I've enjoyed all of it.

Great times, great memories. And I think there's more to come. Smiley

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #439 on: December 09, 2015, 05:45:20 PM »

Seconded, completely out of line.

AjajAJja, Yes.  love Finck Art/LedZAerial & Proyects

peace

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: