Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 104430 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »

So...yea or nay as him being seen as the bad guy here?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »

Haha. Funny logic.

You should've told me this idea I had was bullshit before you knew it wasn't gonna happen the way I thought it would!

/jarmo

Uh? If you are Axl, Slash or Duff and you see all kind of rumors about a reunion. You know it is bullshit and you said nothing on the matter then you are to blame for not denying.

It?s like you are at the beach and you see someone drowning and you do nothing to help that person. Well if that person dies you?re gonna have a lot to explain to the authorities.

Your analogy is crap man.....shit.

This has to be some of the stupidest logic I have seen in a long time. Axl has clearly said he will never play with Slash again, he even put it in writing. Basically, all he has said in the past points towards NO REUNION. Just because Eddie Trunk and Nikki Sixx get their panties in a bunch because they listened to some hearsay doesn't make Axl responsible. Fuck your mob mentality. Fuck you for blaming Axl if nothing happens. Slash has said he spoke to Axl, and that is all that is known. And now dumb ass people like you feel entitled to information that probably doesn't exist and you hold Axl responsible if it doesn't get delivered to you? All that needed to be said about that has been said a million times already. If a guy like Axl needs to shoot down every rumor some dumb ass music blog puts out there he'd never get to making music. Your sense of entitlement is mind boggling.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

This has to be some of the stupidest logic I have seen in a long time. Axl has clearly said he will never play with Slash again, he even put it in writing. Basically, all he has said in the past points towards NO REUNION. Just because Eddie Trunk and Nikki Sixx get their panties in a bunch because they listened to some hearsay doesn't make Axl responsible. Fuck your mob mentality. Fuck you for blaming Axl if nothing happens. Slash has said he spoke to Axl, and that is all that is known. And now dumb ass people like you feel entitled to information that probably doesn't exist and you hold Axl responsible if it doesn't get delivered to you? All that needed to be said about that has been said a million times already. If a guy like Axl needs to shoot down every rumor some dumb ass music blog puts out there he'd never get to making music. Your sense of entitlement is mind boggling.

Because you figure that's been the hold up?

All the time he's had to devote to shooting down rumors, that's the biggest obstacle to him getting to make music?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »

Haha. Funny logic.

You should've told me this idea I had was bullshit before you knew it wasn't gonna happen the way I thought it would!

/jarmo

Uh? If you are Axl, Slash or Duff and you see all kind of rumors about a reunion. You know it is bullshit and you said nothing on the matter then you are to blame for not denying.

It?s like you are at the beach and you see someone drowning and you do nothing to help that person. Well if that person dies you?re gonna have a lot to explain to the authorities.

I think people mean that if there's nothing to the overwhelming amount of rumors and stories circulating they would be doing themselves a favor in debunking it in public sooner rather than later. Any backlash that will come in the aftermath if they don't say anything is just how the world works unfortunately, however unfair that is.

Debunking it would be even more in their own interest than ours.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »

All the time he's had to devote to shooting down rumors, that's the biggest obstacle to him getting to make music?

Learn how to read, my friend. I was not saying that he refrains from making music because of shooting down rumors. I merely used that as an example to clarify that expecting Axl to shoot down every reunion rumor -even if so called rock stars speak about them- would take a shitload of time since those rumors start about every day for a different reason, on a million different blogs.

I don't consider anything to be a hold up, because I don't see a hold up. A hold up is when something was promised to me, and hasn't been delivered yet. Nothing has been promised, by no one.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »

I think people mean that if there's nothing to the overwhelming amount of rumors and stories circulating they would be doing themselves a favor in debunking it in public sooner rather than later. Any backlash that will come in the aftermath if they don't say anything is just how the world works unfortunately, however unfair that is.

Precisely.

Any impassioned plea of "but it shouldn't be that way!", that and a buck will get you a morning coffee.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2015, 03:29:01 PM »

Learn how to read, my friend. I was not saying that he refrains from making music because of shooting down rumors. I merely used that as an example to clarify that expecting Axl to shoot down every reunion rumor -even if so called rock stars speak about them- would take a shitload of time since those rumors start about every day for a different reason, on a million different blogs.

Yeah, but the point is...he doesn't do any of that.  Forget having to do too much of it, he does none of it.  It's not a thing, what you are suggesting.

My god, his ex-guitarist wrote and entire freakin' book about his time in the band.  When did Axl respond?  4 years later.  In the course of some fan chats on a message board.

Don't think debunking rumors are a super high priority for him.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »

You Have One Big Obssesion By Axl Rose

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »

Haha. Funny logic.

/jarmo

Yes, but the ones responsible for the backlash would not be Axl, Slash or Duff. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. I know that's how the world works, but if fans on forums start to think like they are owed anything because they get their hopes over some comments done by some wannabe insiders, they just haven't been a fan long enough and need to take it down a notch or two.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:07 PM »

You Have One Big Obssesion By Axl Rose

hihi

Ahem: "FOR Axl Rose", HBK. "FOR Axl Rose."
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

Yeah, but the point is...he doesn't do any of that.  Forget having to do too much of it, he does none of it.  It's not a thing, what you are suggesting.

My god, his ex-guitarist wrote and entire freakin' book about his time in the band.  When did Axl respond?  4 years later.  In the course of some fan chats on a message board.

What did you not get about the fact that he has said multiple times already he will not play with Slash again? You want it confirmed each time some blog starts a wave of reunion crap? The man has been very clear about it. And who the fuck cares what he devotes his time to. You sound like a junkie begging for a next shot. The man's been clear in the recent past plenty of times. What do you want from him if nothing's going on? Even if there was, but there was nothing to say just yet. It's Axl fucking Rose. Go follow Kanye West if you want to get 24hr updates.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »

What did you not get about the fact that he has said multiple times already he will not play with Slash again? You want it confirmed each time some blog starts a wave of reunion crap? The man has been very clear about it. And who the fuck cares what he devotes his time to. You sound like a junkie begging for a next shot. The man's been clear in the recent past plenty of times. What do you want from him if nothing's going on? Even if there was, but there was nothing to say just yet. It's Axl fucking Rose. Go follow Kanye West if you want to get 24hr updates.

Dude, why do you care so much?  You seem emotionally invested in Axl ::not:: playing with Slash ever, ever again. Why?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »

What did you not get about the fact that he has said multiple times already he will not play with Slash again? You want it confirmed each time some blog starts a wave of reunion crap? The man has been very clear about it.

You are making a "perfect world" argument.

But in the real world, a shitload of people are talking about a possible reunion.  Right or wrong, you aren't going to unring that bell after Slash's comment and all these rumors.

If Axl feels that is misguided, he can play it one of two ways :

- shut that shit right down
- let it go and not give a fuck who say what about you afterwards

In my experience following this man since 1988, you can forget about Option A.  He just doesn't do it.

Option B would be swell, but he only does the first part.  He lets it go, but then very much gives a fuck later about "printing lies and starting controversies".  And as much as he gets his back up, his fans take what is said about him even harder.

What is being suggested is that he is under no obligation to say anything if he does not want to.  But if he (or his fans) complains down the line that he took unwarranted heat over the rumors, it will be hard to pity him (or those upset fans) because he was not the least bit proactive correcting the record.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »

Dude, why do you care so much?  You seem emotionally invested in Axl ::not:: playing with Slash ever, ever again. Why?

I care about dumb ass people who feel they're owed anything based on nothing. Especially dumb ass internet people who assume loads of crap based on their own unintelligent interpretation of things. And I am obviously speaking about you as well since I am a big Slash fan, Axl fan and Duff and Izzy too. I would fucking love it if they'd get on stage together again. So your cheap shot missed its target. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that people think Axl or Slash has to say anything about some rumors. If there was anything to tell us, they would.

Princess Leia
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »

It's complete pie in the sky naivete to think there is no fallout if this doesn't happen.  And yes, it will be impossible to pity him.

Be fucking serious here, people.

What do you mean him? There's two other people involved and they haven't said a thing either.

But I didn?t come up with the rumors. That?s my point.  Tell  RS, Eddie Trunk, Nikki Sixx and others they don?t know bullshit. Well not you, it is up to Axl, Slash or Duff  to tell them

Maybe you didn't understand.

If I tell you "I think you're gonna fly to the moon" and you say nothing. Should I take your silence as a yes or no?
That's up to me.

But then again, maybe you are hoping to be able to fly to the moon and you just don't wanna say "yes/no" until you know what's gonna happen for sure. Down the line, you could say "No, I'm not. I'm busy here at earth". Or maybe "Yeah, I was hoping to but then realized I hate heights"....

Sorry for that analogy. I'm just trying to explain that sometimes you can't say yes or no because you don't know yourself what is going to happen next week, next year or in two years!

/jarmo

I understand but you could argue that you can ignore what Nikki Sixx says. But right now we have rumors about GN?R performing at festivals in the UK next year.

Again you could argue that it is up to the festival promoters to confirm or deny at some point. My question is. Is it really up to some promoters to confirm or deny a reunion tour? I don?t think so. Even if tomorrow Axl, Slash or Duff deny all of this. Why they let it grow to this point? It is not the end of the world if we don?t have a reunion next year or never. But the sooner we know about it the better.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 03:43:53 PM »

What did you not get about the fact that he has said multiple times already he will not play with Slash again? You want it confirmed each time some blog starts a wave of reunion crap? The man has been very clear about it.

You are making a "perfect world" argument.

But in the real world, a shitload of people are talking about a possible reunion.  Right or wrong, you aren't going to unring that bell after Slash's comment and all these rumors.

If Axl feels that is misguided, he can play it one of two ways :

- shut that shit right down
- let it go and not give a fuck who say what about you afterwards

In my experience following this man since 1988, you can forget about Option A.  He just doesn't do it.

Option B would be swell, but he only does the first part.  He lets it go, but then very much gives a fuck later about "printing lies and starting controversies".  And as much as he gets his back up, his fans take what is said about him even harder.

What is being suggested is that he is under no obligation to say anything if he does not want to.  But if he (or his fans) complains down the line that he took unwarranted heat over the rumors, it will be hard to pity him (or those upset fans) because he was not the least bit proactive correcting the record.

Being a fan since '87 I get the impression he couldn't care less about that as well.

And being a very big fan of the original line up and not that much of the most recent ones, I would love a reunion. But contrary to the 'rest of the world' I take the words of Slash as what they were, namely the fact that he has spoken with Axl. There was nothing more said than that. They spoke. If you think that means reunion I wonder how you go about your daily life  confused

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »

Yes, but the ones responsible for the backlash would not be Axl, Slash or Duff. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. I know that's how the world works, but if fans on forums start to think like they are owed anything because they get their hopes over some comments done by some wannabe insiders, they just haven't been a fan long enough and need to take it down a notch or two.

But you've observed what's happened right? The longer this drags out people are starting to believe more and more by the day. Foolish and naive maybe, but it is happening all the same.

Personally I don't feel like I'm owed anything, but I can feel a concern for the brand name and Axl's popularity which in turn could impact his desire to both tour and release new music.

Let's say Axl gets trashed royaly all over when appearing six months from now saying he never even considered a reunion, technically he hasn't done anything wrong but that's the outcome. He then feels everyone's against him and just says "Fuck them, I'm taking my music to the grave".

I'm talking in extremes here because I think many fans will continue to support him, but his relationship with the media will be worse than ever before. It's not ideal.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »

It's complete pie in the sky naivete to think there is no fallout if this doesn't happen.  And yes, it will be impossible to pity him.

Be fucking serious here, people.

What do you mean him? There's two other people involved and they haven't said a thing either.

But I didn?t come up with the rumors. That?s my point.  Tell  RS, Eddie Trunk, Nikki Sixx and others they don?t know bullshit. Well not you, it is up to Axl, Slash or Duff  to tell them

Maybe you didn't understand.

If I tell you "I think you're gonna fly to the moon" and you say nothing. Should I take your silence as a yes or no?
That's up to me.

But then again, maybe you are hoping to be able to fly to the moon and you just don't wanna say "yes/no" until you know what's gonna happen for sure. Down the line, you could say "No, I'm not. I'm busy here at earth". Or maybe "Yeah, I was hoping to but then realized I hate heights"....

Sorry for that analogy. I'm just trying to explain that sometimes you can't say yes or no because you don't know yourself what is going to happen next week, next year or in two years!

/jarmo

I understand but you could argue that you can ignore what Nikki Sixx says. But right now we have rumors about GN?R performing at festivals in the UK next year.

Again you could argue that it is up to the festival promoters to confirm or deny at some point. My question is. Is it really up to some promoters to confirm or deny a reunion tour? I don?t think so. Even if tomorrow Axl, Slash or Duff deny all of this. Why they let it grow to this point? It is not the end of the world if we don?t have a reunion next year or never. But the sooner we know about it the better.

Yes, and look up the source of that rumor. Remember when Bristol Post had the scoop on all the music industry announcements?  confused

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »

But you've observed what's happened right? The longer this drags out people are starting to believe more and more by the day. Foolish and naive maybe, but it is happening all the same.

Personally I don't feel like I'm owed anything, but I can feel a concern for the brand name and Axl's popularity which in turn could impact his desire to both tour and release new music.

Let's say Axl gets trashed royaly all over when appearing six months from now saying he never even considered a reunion, technically he hasn't done anything wrong but that's the outcome. He then feels everyone's against him and just says "Fuck them, I'm taking my music to the grave".

I'm talking in extremes here because I think many fans will continue to support him, but his relationship with the media will be worse than ever before. It's not ideal.

Sometimes I feel like I am a fan of a different GNR or Axl than many on the fans on here. It's Guns N Fucking Roses!!! Who the fuck cares what the random ass people think of Axl, or his reputation. It's Axl Rose, the dude who does everything against what everyone wants or expects him to do! And now you're concerned what people might think of him? Or how he feels he is a victim? He already feels that way anyway.

I take Axl as an intelligent and honest person, and I support him when he keeps things to himself. When there's something to say he will say so when he will feel okay with telling everyone. He's only been like that for the last 30 years or so.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

Can't rule this out.

Let's say he does have zero desire for a reunion.  And he's watching all these pieces and hot takes printed day after day after day.  All with a common theme of "Guns N' Roses Might Be Coming Back!!"

Well, to him, they never went away.  How do you think that makes him feel?  There has been more written in the past few months over one quote from a guy out of the band for 20 years than anything he's done lately.

Does an even further pissed off Axl Rose help anyone?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: