Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 104395 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »

Sometimes I feel like I am a fan of a different GNR or Axl than many on the fans on here. It's Guns N Fucking Roses!!! Who the fuck cares what the random ass people think of Axl, or his reputation. It's Axl Rose, the dude who does everything against what everyone wants or expects him to do! And now you're concerned what people might think of him? Or how he feels he is a victim? He already feels that way anyway.

And you know what?  I wish we had more like you.

You aren't coming across like the kind of guy that is going to piss and moan about who said what about him.  In my experience, you are more exception than rule.

Some of us are already dreading the sheer amount of time we are going to spend on how poor Axl was done wrong by the evil media if this doesn't pan out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »

Sometimes I feel like I am a fan of a different GNR or Axl than many on the fans on here. It's Guns N Fucking Roses!!! Who the fuck cares what the random ass people think of Axl, or his reputation. It's Axl Rose, the dude who does everything against what everyone wants or expects him to do! And now you're concerned what people might think of him? Or how he feels he is a victim? He already feels that way anyway.

And you know what?  I wish we had more like you.

You aren't coming across like the kind of guy that is going to piss and moan about who said what about him.  In my experience, you are more exception than rule.

Some of us are already dreading the sheer amount of time we are going to spend on how poor Axl was done wrong by the evil media if this doesn't pan out.

I am for sure not going to moan and piss about that. It's fucking rock and roll....nothing is supposed to please everyone or go the way it's supposed to.

I sincerely hope to hear some ace tunes from the original members that we haven't heard yet. But I am not holding my breath or anyone responsible for that. At the end of the day it's just music man, something you either enjoy or you don't. Who cares what others think of that music you enjoy.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »

Good stuff, CLM.  Welcome aboard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »

Learn how to read, my friend. I was not saying that he refrains from making music because of shooting down rumors. I merely used that as an example to clarify that expecting Axl to shoot down every reunion rumor -even if so called rock stars speak about them- would take a shitload of time since those rumors start about every day for a different reason, on a million different blogs.

Yeah, but the point is...he doesn't do any of that.  Forget having to do too much of it, he does none of it.  It's not a thing, what you are suggesting.

My god, his ex-guitarist wrote and entire freakin' book about his time in the band.  When did Axl respond?  4 years later.  In the course of some fan chats on a message board.

Don't think debunking rumors are a super high priority for him.

What did you not get about the fact that he has said multiple times already he will not play with Slash again? You want it confirmed each time some blog starts a wave of reunion crap? The man has been very clear about it. And who the fuck cares what he devotes his time to. You sound like a junkie begging for a next shot. The man's been clear in the recent past plenty of times. What do you want from him if nothing's going on? Even if there was, but there was nothing to say just yet. It's Axl fucking Rose. Go follow Kanye West if you want to get 24hr updates.

I think the point is he said all that stuff in the past...like years ago.  The last time (I think) he addressed it was during the HOF induction, and he again forcefully denounced any reunion.  This time around...he's said nothing.  No one's asking for Kardashian-like updates, but if all you have to go on from Axl's perspective are things he said years ago, it's reasonable to ask if something's changed.

Axl didn't always have great things to say about Duff and Izzy...but then years later, there they were sharing the stage again.  Perhaps history is repeating itself with Slash.  That's where an update would help.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »

So...yea or nay as him being seen as the bad guy here?

So, get back to me once you're less condescending to the people who post here. Park that high horse somewhere first.  ok

I understand but you could argue that you can ignore what Nikki Sixx says. But right now we have rumors about GN´R performing at festivals in the UK next year.

Again you could argue that it is up to the festival promoters to confirm or deny at some point. My question is. Is it really up to some promoters to confirm or deny a reunion tour? I don´t think so. Even if tomorrow Axl, Slash or Duff deny all of this. Why they let it grow to this point? It is not the end of the world if we don´t have a reunion next year or never. But the sooner we know about it the better.

Is it possible GN'R are looking at plans to tour in the future and haven't finalized plans yet?
You think GN'R should start shooting down every rumored show they are supposed to take part in?

Every year, GN'R are rumored to play somewhere. Sometimes it's only wishful thinking from some fan. Other times it's somebody who think they know what's going on, other times it's people who are confused (like when a former member is booked somewhere people get confused)...

I take Axl as an intelligent and honest person, and I support him when he keeps things to himself. When there's something to say he will say so when he will feel okay with telling everyone. He's only been like that for the last 30 years or so.

You're aware that for a number of people this isn't good enough?
But he doesn't release music! They don't update us! They hate us! And so on, and so on..... And so on....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:57:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

I'm glad they don't update us. They did in 2001 when saying the album will be out, they were not ready to announce that because they were not sure of that.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »

I'm glad they don't update us. They did in 2001 when saying the album will be out, they were not ready to announce that because they were not sure of that.

Everything has pros and cons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

My sincere hope is this.

That the reason we haven't had a GNR update on future plans is because of what Jarmo is saying, that those plans haven't been finalized yet.

Hopefully there is some master plan at work here and we get some great news early 2016.

I really hope we arent having this conversation in 12 months.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

Who the fuck cares what the random ass people think of Axl, or his reputation. It's Axl Rose, the dude who does everything against what everyone wants or expects him to do! And now you're concerned what people might think of him? Or how he feels he is a victim? He already feels that way anyway.

I feel you care just as much what people think of him. You didn't like the idea of people having entitlement issues and you'll say a "fuck you" to people who will blame him if there's no reunion.

I'm not directly concerned about what people think and say of him, but more about the situation as a whole. You do bring up a good point about Axl not caring much about these things, that's probably true.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »

So...yea or nay as him being seen as the bad guy here?

So, get back to me once you're less condescending to the people who post here. Park that high horse somewhere first.  ok

Your call.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »

Yeah, that was probably pretty optimistic.

You mean the announcement at the end of RIR III, right?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »

At least you'll be 12 months more experienced in having this conversation then!
That's gotta be something. Cheesy

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »

/jarmo

Grin
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »

I feel you care just as much what people think of him. You didn't like the idea of people having entitlement issues and you'll say a "fuck you" to people who will blame him if there's no reunion.

I'm not directly concerned about what people think and say of him, but more about the situation as a whole. You do bring up a good point about Axl not caring much about these things, that's probably true.

I agree with all this but that last bit.  Not as sure there.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2015, 05:31:57 PM »

Hahahaha

Good burn is a good burn, Oscar.

wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »

Reading that Axl is going to get the more rescent line up back together and Slash is going to fulfill his obligations on blabber mouth.  So many rumors that we all just have to smile and wait.  The comments left under the piece are just typical of people who make negative comments behind a keyboard.  Here you at least get called out and held accountable to an extent for comments.  Old band new band anyway it's GNR and it's all rock 'n roll to me:)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-classic-lineup-was-reportedly-offered-megabucks-to-play-two-british-festivals/

I hope for original or close to it line up in the future.  As a fan I have always enjoyed every show no matter the musicians.  So if it happens it happens and I'll enjoy the music as most of us have all these years.  I also would enjoy the continued later start times.  It's rock 'n roll and it has been awesome to be enjoying a show that cranks out all that energy at midnight.  These past years it's like Axl got his wish for going on at a later time rather than going on "late". He always delivered good shows along with all the rest of the band.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:07 PM »

Hahahaha

Good burn is a good burn, Oscar.

yeah yeah.... i will let him have a point.  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »

Your analogy is crap man.....shit.

This has to be some of the stupidest logic I have seen in a long time. Axl has clearly said he will never play with Slash again, he even put it in writing. Basically, all he has said in the past points towards NO REUNION. Just because Eddie Trunk and Nikki Sixx get their panties in a bunch because they listened to some hearsay doesn't make Axl responsible. Fuck your mob mentality. Fuck you for blaming Axl if nothing happens. Slash has said he spoke to Axl, and that is all that is known. And now dumb ass people like you feel entitled to information that probably doesn't exist and you hold Axl responsible if it doesn't get delivered to you? All that needed to be said about that has been said a million times already. If a guy like Axl needs to shoot down every rumor some dumb ass music blog puts out there he'd never get to making music. Your sense of entitlement is mind boggling.

Because you figure that's been the hold up?

All the time he's had to devote to shooting down rumors, that's the biggest obstacle to him getting to make music?

Learn how to read, my friend. I was not saying that he refrains from making music because of shooting down rumors. I merely used that as an example to clarify that expecting Axl to shoot down every reunion rumor -even if so called rock stars speak about them- would take a shitload of time since those rumors start about every day for a different reason, on a million different blogs.

I don't consider anything to be a hold up, because I don't see a hold up. A hold up is when something was promised to me, and hasn't been delivered yet. Nothing has been promised, by no one.

Amen! Nobody is "owed" a few "fans" here seem to think that somebody should keep them updated on each step personally and hold their hands.

Entitled nonsense.   ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »

What's this place like on Friday if things don't go our way?

Who is "our" ? Pesky mouse in your pocket, or are you just delusional and thinking you speak for others again?

Mouse in my pocket, "Emily".

Gee, and I thought is was your delusions of Grandeur manifesting again about how you not only are some sort of spokesman for all GNR fans, but how you have all the answers and insight to every situation that had ever existed.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »

6 of 1, Emily.

6 of 1.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: