Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 51720 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2015, 01:24:08 AM »

Oh, as fans?

We are GREAT sports, as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty thick skinned I think also

And this board is a true to that

Many people here were so against this CD version of GNR..   They left the board..   With all these rumors around, look how many people have came back.  Just to talk about the band they love..    Pretty loyal fans I think....  Fans that havnt been always treated the best
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2015, 12:52:45 AM »

Oh, as fans?

Many people here were so against this CD version of GNR..   They left the board..   With all these rumors around, look how many people have came back.  Just to talk about the band they love..    Pretty loyal fans I think....  Fans that havnt been always treated the best

i agee that its great how peoples interest havent waned, but dont understand the "havent always been treated the best" part. how does that work?

if its the band your talking about, then i see no angle that works for that. if its on the forums, then when you call people blind followers or insult their favorite artist as some do, you should expect a little retaliation. i never got this whole poor me thing. self pity is interesting, it plays out in often curious ways.

and i was talking about the baconman that gave a criticism of some posters criticism last november/december. you said people treat this band like parents that get upset when their kid gets a b plus instead of an a on their report card.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 03:57:35 AM »

Oh, as fans?

Haha  hihi Sure, you are so understanding and loyal, such an upstanding "fan".

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »

Oh, as fans?

i agee that its great how peoples interest havent waned, but dont understand the "havent always been treated the best" part. how does that work?

if its the band your talking about, then i see no angle that works for that. if its on the forums, then when you call people blind followers or insult their favorite artist as some do, you should expect a little retaliation. i never got this whole poor me thing. self pity is interesting, it plays out in often curious ways.

and i was talking about the baconman that gave a criticism of some posters criticism last november/december. you said people treat this band like parents that get upset when their kid gets a b plus instead of an a on their report card.

I remember him posting differently as well, It is sad that some get swept up in the complainers club to in order to be accepted.

Negative people tend to drag people down into negativity too. After all, misery loves company.

What most complainers are looking for more than anything is agreement. They want someone to nod and sympathize and say, ?Yes, me too.? Psychologists say they?re seeking validation.

Even this time of year, with Thanksgiving right around the corner, these folks always find a reason to moan.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 07:33:14 AM »

This is some thread.

Internalized homophobia...self pity...seeking validation.

Lot of doctors on staff here, just getting to the bottom of it all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »

I've been in the GN'R community for 13 years.

Most of that time, a large contingent of fans were like: "Reunion or bust." "If Axl wants to play the old songs, call Slash." etc. And now, that might be happening and those same people are like "Why do it? It'd just be a nostalgia fest!" "It isn't proper if it Fortus and Frank are involved". Like...Is Fortus/Frank any different, really, than Gilby/Sorum?

If Axl, Duff and Slash reunite, is it their fault that Steven's an unreliable drug addict and Izzy's a flake who can't be depended on? Should a reunion really shut down and go kaput cause two guys can't be relied on?

When Buckethead and Robin were in the band, they got immense hate from large portions of the fanbase...Now those same people who HATED them, now are like "I wish they were back"...The minute they walked out the door they suddenly liked them. Same with Bumblefoot. When CD was delayed, a loud contingent claimed CD "didn't exist" and that the 3-4 songs Axl was playing live were all he had...I remember this. Now, those same people are saying CD2 "doesn't exist" and that it's just song titles in Axl's head...Like, really?

There seems to be a portion of the GN'R fanbase that enjoys being disappointed - enjoys being able to complain about something. I mean all I heard for so long was reunion, reunion, reunion and now, maybe that's happening and they're poking holes in it.

When is enough enough? When can people just be satisfied? W

Everyone likes different things

I like Axl's influence on songs moreso than any other member of Guns, which is why I am happy for GN'R to continue. I have never cared for Slash's solo material. Izzy's was ok. I went on to like LA Guns material so I guess I liked Tracii Guns. Bucket is a niche taste, not for me. I like Robin Finck and his associated bands and projects. Bumblefoot material was ok.

At the end of the day, each element brings it's own fans, and they will forever disagree I guess
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »

This is some thread.

Then why don't you clear it all up for us and tell us why you are on a fan forum for a band that you constantly find reasons to whine and complain about. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »

This is some thread.

Then why don't you clear it all up for us and tell us why you are on a fan forum for a band that you constantly find reasons to whine and complain about. Cheesy

I'm a fan because I like their music.

But when you, or anyone else, is resorting to those sorts of arguments to try and deal with someone that dares question something or not tell you everything is sunshine and puppy dog tails, the shark has been jumped.

Internalized homophobia analogies?  Really?

Over the top.  Silly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »

Over the top.  Silly.

We live in a world where people traverse oceans in life rafts to escape terrible living situations...yet here we have a rich and pampered rock star that can't get a collection of long recorded songs released.

So much of life comes down to "want to".  You either do or you don't.

Yeah. What you said.
Silly indeed!

Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »

So anything new happen over the weekend?

Really nobody cares about the Jarmo/DX/Emily never fucking ending triple threat match  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 12:40:03 PM »

Some of the other boards are talking about someone that supposedly has an in with Slash that says he's not touring next year.

Would be encouraging if true, but who knows with these guys who know a guy.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2015, 12:48:37 PM »

Really nobody cares about the Jarmo/DX/Emily never fucking ending triple threat match  Smiley

that would be a menage a trois!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Princess Leia
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »

Some of the other boards are talking about someone that supposedly has an in with Slash that says he's not touring next year.

What I heard is that next year Myles is gonna tour with his other band.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »

So Axl is free.. Slash is free....

Lets do it!  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2015, 01:00:02 PM »

Yep.

Which would be another good sign.

Princess Leia
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »

Yep.

Which would be another good sign.

For some of us, yes!  Grin
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »

I would think all of us, really.  Anyone still interested in the band.

I still don't even know of all this is real, but I do see how "starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard" to getting the second half of Chinese out is going.

So I can't see poo-pooing this reunion or hybridized reunion tour, as if that alternative is a real world thing.  Its this or nothing, from what I see.

This, or going back to nothing...but remembering how good a time you had at that show you went to that time, and being content as can be.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »

I still don't even know of all this is real, but I do see how "starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard" to getting the second half of Chinese out is going.

So I can't see poo-pooing this reunion or hybridized reunion tour, as if that alternative is a real world thing.  Its this or nothing, from what I see.

This, or going back to nothing...but remembering how good a time you had at that show you went to that time, and being content as can be.

As we both know, some people have agendas which would spite people who love the old band, if they can't get what they want. These people are in positions of power and will end up stopping any form of reunion simply because they fear it will get in the way of CD2. Sad but true - the fans will this time destroy the band.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2015, 04:17:24 PM »

As we both know, some people have agendas which would spite people who love the old band, if they can't get what they want. These people are in positions of power and will end up stopping any form of reunion simply because they fear it will get in the way of CD2. Sad but true - the fans will this time destroy the band.

Who are these people in "positions of power"?

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »

Can you elaborate?

Because initially, I assumed you were talking about TB.  And I can't say I see that as the problem that some do, because ultimately, they are going to do whatever the boss man says.

But how can the fans hurt this?  A bunch of yo-yos longing for Robin Finck?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:29:48 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: