Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 51716 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:18 PM »

Is there a long list of things Axl has done that he hasn't wanted to do? 

I think regardless of any managers.  Over the years, it seems if Axl doesn't want to do something.  He doesn't do it.  Nobody makes him do anything

And often tours or dates are booked without my having formally given my consent or having authorized them. That's pretty much how this business works.

/jarmo

If he didn't want to tour.   Do a show or a concert.   A interview or autograph.   He wouldn't.   

I feel everything the has done since 1995.  Is because he had wanted to.   

But it's just my opinion.   Who know. Mb Axls life is in a place where he does things he doesn't want to do

It's not a bad thing. 

I do things I don't want to do all the time.  All the time.    He might have to as well.   I doubt it though.   
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2015, 02:31:10 AM »

I think regardless of any managers.  Over the years, it seems if Axl doesn't want to do something.  He doesn't do it.  Nobody makes him do anything

And often tours or dates are booked without my having formally given my consent or having authorized them. That's pretty much how this business works.

/jarmo

Like the tour that was booked in 2001. This may have been his quote in reference to that if I remember.

Nope, this is from an Australian interview in 2013

Here's the entire interview:
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/axl-rose-the-extended-interview-ipad/story-e6freeuu-1226591752718
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:34:52 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2015, 02:44:52 AM »

/jarmo

If he didn't want to tour.   Do a show or a concert.   A interview or autograph.   He wouldn't.   

But it's just my opinion.   Who know. Mb Axls life is in a place where he does things he doesn't want to do

It's not a bad thing. 

I do things I don't want to do all the time.  All the time.    He might have to as well.   I doubt it though.   

You are wrong, he does many things he doesn't particularly want to, nice fantasy though.
One example-

" I agree to shows under various agreed upon conditions. Those conditions often change as if they never existed or are changed by others without notice or warning prior to show day or show time. There's not a lot you can do on show day about that and being forced into what you feel is an uncomfortable situation. A situation you hadn't agreed to nor would have approved in advance, sucks. It makes something that was supposed to be fun into something else."

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2015, 04:08:05 AM »

/jarmo

Like the tour that was booked in 2001. This may have been his quote in reference to that if I remember.

I was thinking about that too. It was an European tour that was cancelled because Goldstein booked it behind Axl?s back. But people change so maybe now Axl likes it when things get done behind his back
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »

It's not a bad thing. 

I think your way of seeing this is way too simplistic for some reason.

There's obviously different levels of not wanting to do something.

Examples:
1. Do the dishes. Maybe you don't wanna do it, but you do it anyway because it has to be done.
2. Admit that you're wrong. You'd rather run away and act like nothing happened because you really really really don't wanna do that!

So yes, you can do things you don't want to. It doesn't automatically mean you won't do them and just refuse.

You just assume everything is either black or white. Zero resistance or full resistance. But we all know that's not how the world outside works. Well most of us do know that.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:58:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2015, 09:42:40 AM »

I think its a fair assessment.

He has long removed anyone that might give him a dissenting opinion or attempt to compel him to do anything he wasn't gung ho about.  No strong manager, little relationship with his label, putting together a band where no one else has any real say.

And hey, more power to him, really.  I'm sure anyone would want to have things set up where they answer to no one but themselves.  Its not like he's the first guy that wanted that set up.  Everyone would like that set up in their lives.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:48 AM »

I think its a fair assessment.

He has long removed anyone that might give him a dissenting opinion or attempt to compel him to do anything he wasn't gung ho about.  No strong manager, little relationship with his label, putting together a band where no one else has any real say.

And hey, more power to him, really.  I'm sure anyone would want to have things set up where they answer to no one but themselves.  Its not like he's the first guy that wanted that set up.  Everyone would like that set up in their lives.

So your opinion is that he answers to no one, a totally independent free agent out there?

How would you know what the relation with the label is at present?

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2015, 10:03:50 AM »

"It's a fair assessment."

Yeah, when you live in a bubble.
When you don't have to take anything into consideration.

"This is how it is because i know and I'm not gonna bother trying to understand anymore of it." That's the mentality.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

So your opinion is that he answers to no one, a totally independent free agent out there?

My opinion is that there is no one in the current set-up that can compel him to do anything he does not want to do.

There is no strong manager that will put the business first, because his manager is "like family" and are never going to say or do anything that might hurt his feelings, even if its in the better interest of his business.

There is little relationship with the label because...well, because he said just that very thing.  "I don't even feel like we have a label" is the exact quote, I believe.

There has been no one in the band with anything resembling an equal say or have the requsite pull to move him in a certain direction he may not like.  They are all his employees, not his partners.  Very different from the set up of the classic band.

If you (or anyone) feels any of that is inaccurate, the obvious counterargument would be to then give me the person that has sort of clout.  Either right now, or over the past however many years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »

My opinion is that there is no one in the current set-up that can compel him to do anything he does not want to do.

There is no strong manager that will put the business first, because his manager is "like family" and are never going to say or do anything that might hurt his feelings, even if its in the better interest of his business.

There is little relationship with the label because...well, because he said just that very thing.  "I don't even feel like we have a label" is the exact quote, I believe.

There has been no one in the band with anything resembling an equal say or have the requsite pull to move him in a certain direction he may not like.  They are all his employees, not his partners.  Very different from the set up of the classic band.

If you (or anyone) feels any of that is inaccurate, the obvious counterargument would be to then give me the person that has sort of clout.  Either right now, or over the past however many years.

You are wrong, AND you can't dictate the parameters of a response,

I define a fool as a person who ignores information because it disagrees with desired results.

Confirmation bias is the most effective way to go on living and believing a lie.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »

So...no name, then?  No person I may have missed?

I didn't think so, but would have been willing to hear you out.  Well, if you could ever answer a question.

So let's open it up to the rest of the group.  You're boring me today.

Does anyone see anyone lately in the fold with that sort of clout that I may have missed?  All suggestions welcome.  Its a conversation, not a deposition.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »

So...no name, then?  No person I may have missed?

I didn't think so, but would have been willing to hear you out.  Well, if you could ever answer a question.

So let's open it up to the rest of the group.  You're boring me today.

Does anyone see anyone lately in the fold with that sort of clout that I may have missed?  All suggestions welcome.  Its a conversation, not a deposition.

I know a lost cause and dead end when I see one- your biased stupidity bores me.

It isn't as black and white as you like to imagine, just one more thing you are wrong about.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:01 AM »

I know a lost cause and dead end when I see one- your biased stupidity bores me.

It isn't as black and white as you like to imagine, just one more thing you are wrong about.

Man, do I sound like a lost cause, or what?

Hey, why don't you join the big chief and show how easily you can ignore me?  He's doing a bang up job, you ask me.

Maybe he can give you some tips.  I hear the Amish are having him in to teach their young ones a master class in The Art Of The Shun.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »

Hey, why don't you join the big chief and show how easily you can ignore me?  He's doing a bang up job, you ask me.

Maybe he can give you some tips.  I hear the Amish are having him in to teach their young ones a master class in The Art Of The Shun.

Oh, It bothers you to be ignored? Why am I not surprised about that confession?

Save your comedic attempts and keep your day job, intentional humor isn't your forte'.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »

Oh, It bothers you to be ignored?

Well, I'll let you know if it ever happens.  Hasn't yet.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

Oh, It bothers you to be ignored?

Well, I'll let you know if it ever happens.  Hasn't yet.

Then why mention it?

Me thinks thou doth protesteth too much Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »

Like I told you a while ago. If you want me to ignore you, you won't post here. It's that simple.

I will spell it out since you didn't seem to understand it last time I told you:

Do you want me to make sure none of your posts appear here anymore so you can be 100% ignored by me? Is that what you want? Yes/No?
That's the only way I can ignore any of the bullshit posted. I'm not gonna play your stupid "I'll pretend you don't exist and let you continue post bullshit day after day" games.

Your choice.

Edited to add: It must take a pretty clueless individual who assumes that it's part of the deal to be able to go to a fan forum and post anything they want and have the privilege of being ignored. You don't have that privilege.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:54:31 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »

Do you want me to make sure none of your posts appear here anymore so you can be 100% ignored by me? Is that what you want? Yes/No?
That's the only way I can ignore any of the bullshit posted. I'm not gonna play your stupid "I'll pretend you don't exist and let you continue post bullshit day after day" games.

Your choice.

We've been through this a few times now.  And every time its the same reason.  Everything gets back to how much I get under your skin.

And the last time we took a break, when I called it off, I said how long depended on you.  And you stayed away from that stuff...for about a week.  It was actually pretty cool.  Then we were right back to spending every conversation talking me, the individual, and not whatever the topic was.

So now we're at the same spot.  I, nor anyone here I imagine, is terribly interested in how much you don't like me.  And how too many conversations between us become about me and not the topic.  My god, man, you've been doing for these past few weeks without me so much as looking at you.  Posts about me, not the topic.  Proving my point or refuting, it, Jarmo? 

Look, you are never going to really care for me.  We all know it.  We're actually all pretty cool with it, myself included.  But it should not preclude basic conversations.  You from now until the end of time will disagree with much of what I say about the band.  It's no big deal.  But let's stick to that, huh?  Enough with how you don't like me. 

I disagree with most things YOU say about the band, but I don't spend post after post talking about you the person and not the opinion I disagree with, do I?  There are others here who have said WAY worse things right to you face, about you personally, in areas I have never even gotten anywhere close to coming at you with.  Right or wrong?

Can you make a better effort on that front?  The reason I put you on time out from time to time is that you have shown you can't and I get fed up with it.  Its not productive.  Why am I going to spend all this time arguing with you, about me?  Who is that helping?  Who here wants to read that day after day after day?

I'm more than willing to give it another try, but past history does not suggest we won't wind up in this same place.  You sort of can't help yourself.

Look at me and Emily.  Not fast friends.  We still make it work though.  Why can't you and I?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2015, 12:11:31 PM »

Edited to add: It must take a pretty clueless individual who assumes that it's part of the deal to be able to go to a fan forum and post anything they want and have the privilege of being ignored. You don't have that privilege.

Its about not junking up the board with non-productive arguments every freakin' day.  It's about not seeing a way post it.

I still sit here in amazement that the overwhelming amount of your posts are towards the same handful of people you don't like.  Thread after thread is filled with people not rocking the boat in the least, keeping very much on topic.

And you don't even look at them.  You trample over them to get to me, Ginger King, sofine11, Oscar.  Or whoever else. 

I think its fair to say you don't exactly hate all this conflict.  I'd further theorize you feel its your duty in a way to combat us.  All fine.  But why do it in such an adversarial manner?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

We've been through this a few times now.  And every time its the same reason.  Everything gets back to how much I get under your skin.

You don't get under my skin. I just disagree with what you post. I think you're wrong most of the time in your assumptions and your convenient ignoring of facts. That's it.
It's not personal. I don't care who the person behind all that is, it's just the posts I don't agree with. The sooner you realize that we don't have a relationship, the better. Smiley

I think this is just the result of your wishful thinking that you have some kind of effect on me. Sorry to bring you bad news.

What you're essentially asking for is to be allowed to come to our house, shit on the floor and expect me to ignore it. Well, it's not happening.

Look at me and Emily.  Not fast friends.  We still make it work though.  Why can't you and I?

Nice twist.

It's my fault that you seem to get upset when I try to have a discussion with you. It's my fault that you post a lot of nonsense and when asked about it you get defensive. It's my fault that you attack me for all kinds of things and then paint yourself as the victim.... Got it!

Well, that's who I am I guess! Cheesy

For you to expect that we can have proper discussions when in fact you're obviously unable to, it's a bit naive.
Your act is not working. Maybe it needs adjustment.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: