Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Residency
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Residency  (Read 9514 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 16, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »

How about instead of a Reunion Tour an Reunion Residency? State of Execution perhaps...I'm for any GNR lineup, thought the last was extremely strong...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »

I would love for them to do a residency at some point during the rumoured tour...there is nothing better than going to Vegas for a few days, staying at the Hard Rock and running into band members around the hotel, and getting to watch your favorite band multiple times at the Joint...best concert venue I've ever been to. I saw guns twice during both residencies and 2 Motley shows during their 2nd residency...the residencies at the Hard Rock are fantastic!!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 09:04:17 PM »

I'm fine with a tour, or even a YouTube video. Or a picture. I really don't give a shit, especially becuase it isn't even official yet,but I'd take anything that has to do with a reunion.

If they toured, so many more people would get to see them.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »

If this fabled, rumored, unlikely reunion were to actually take place, a residency would actually be more ideal than a tour at first.  Axl, Steven, Slash, Izzy, and Duff could reunite and see for themselves if they could actually stand each other enough to want to stay together, and it would provide a rudimentary test of the reliability of any given member.  It would be a logical first step, moreso than a tour would be.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 02:29:40 PM »

Yeah, no.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

They should get a huge opener or co headliner and play baseball stadiums.  Nirvana is rumored to reunite with guest singers.  Could be huge

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »

No thanks.  They should be able to fill up other spots all over the country just fine. 

No need to get "up close and personal", to coin a phrase.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »

No thanks.  They should be able to fill up other spots all over the country just fine. 

I agree, but I was thinking along the lines of "can they actually coexist?" as opposed to "can they sell tickets".  A reunion tour may very well suffer the same fate as the 2002 tour -- it begins well, sells tickets, and then grinds to a halt prematurely.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

I agree, but I was thinking along the lines of "can they actually coexist?" as opposed to "can they sell tickets".  A reunion tour may very well suffer the same fate as the 2002 tour -- it begins well, sells tickets, and then grinds to a halt prematurely.

That part made sense to me, I will agree.

A trial run, of sorts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »

How about instead of a Reunion Tour an Reunion Residency? State of Execution perhaps...I'm for any GNR lineup, thought the last was extremely strong...

I thought Stay of Execution was scrapped?

Was at both residencies would love to see another.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 06:33:23 AM »

No thanks. Don't need it, don't want it. Never been a fan of it. Las Vegas belongs to Celine Dion and Siegfried & Roy.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 07:31:55 PM »

Don't see it happening (Residency)
Any reunion would likely be designed to go to larger type venues and span across many cities
If this goes down, it will be promoted to no end and that would mean building a path across cities or countries as opposed to staying put in one spot
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »

No thanks. Don't need it, don't want it. Never been a fan of it. Las Vegas belongs to Celine Dion and Siegfried & Roy.

Laughable.

If you had actually attended either residency you might have a different perspective. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 09:16:16 PM »

Laughable.

If you had actually attended either residency you might have a different perspective. Cheesy

Not the first time I've heard this. People have this odd view of what Vegas is... This isn't 1973 and it no longer just supports lounge acts. At the same time, yes... Elton John and similar 'Hall of Fame' worthy performers have taken up residencies their. I think some people have a hard time understanding that Axl/GnR are more in that company than they are in the Summer Stadium Tour category (not saying they can't do that) but the average GnR fan is older, has some money, and is wiling to travel to see them. Plus the residency also attracts people who wouldn't normally attend a GnR concert, but has some gambling money burning a hole in their pocket.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:21:39 PM by C0ma » Logged
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:20:52 PM »

If there is a reunion and if they play Vegas residency, then I would be going to Vegas regardless of what people think of the residency beer
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 02:20:05 AM »

I think it's different when you have the possibility to actually attend those shows and hang around. I get that it's an amazing experience as a whole. But to me at least, when I have no possibility to be there, it does seem a little boring compared to an actual tour of any kind/size. Following a tour even from a distance is somewhat fun and interesting.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »

I can see the merit of them doing a residency if it was to warm up for a proper tour, or to test the waters without the added pressures of actually touring; but reunion yea or nay, I'm not going to America just to see a rock show, so a full tour for me, please.  Or a residency in Longfarmacus. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »

Laughable.

If I was in Las Vegas and there was a REUNION residency I would probably attend one show. and it surely would be a blast because I'd like to see Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven together on stage. they wrote great songs, so how could I not enjoy them playing my favourite tunes. but that doesn't mean I like the idea of a reunion residency, even though it might have advantages for the band itself (no traveling while cashing in).

and now please get off my back. I consider you a furuncle and better removed, avoided and the less I hear of you, the better.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 07:22:03 AM »

Laughable.

If I was in Las Vegas and there was a REUNION residency I would probably attend one show. and it surely would be a blast because I'd like to see Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven together on stage. they wrote great songs, so how could I not enjoy them playing my favourite tunes. but that doesn't mean I like the idea of a reunion residency, even though it might have advantages for the band itself (no traveling while cashing in).

and now please get off my back. I consider you a furuncle and better removed, avoided and the less I hear of you, the better.

The idea behind a message board, is that someone reads your post and replies to you -Duh Cheesy

I could honestly care less what some anonymous poster on the internet thinks about me, I don't give one happy fuck so save your little judgments and attempted personal attacks for someone else.

Your preconceived ideas concerning Vegas are erroneous, dated, and wrong- you might have a more accurate view if you had actually attended one of the GNR residencies.

LOL at your statement about "cashing in" -musicians work, I don't know why some think they shouldn't charge for it or think they deserve the work for free.

I attended multiple shows at both, and would love for there to be a third -regardless of lineup.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:27:21 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Annie
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 07:29:53 AM »

Siegfried and Roy haven't performed in years since Roy was attacked by the tiger.  The Las Vegas residencies kicked ass.  Meat Loaf put on a great show as well. Your loss
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: