Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:41:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 42613 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »

I think where there's smoke there's fire. Someone would've shut down the rumors by now. I agree with one of the posters In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Slash's statement regarding his relationship was planned. Kind of seems that way now. Plus the fact that no one is confirming or denying it adds to that belief.

True, but we also want to believe.  Very badly.

If it comes out that Slash didn't mean anything by that comment and people got carried away...would you be shocked?

If it comes out that Axl wants nothing to do with him because he is still made about that thing, at that place, that time...would you be shocked?

We are sort of in the limbo that conspiracy theory types make so much hay out of.  Lack of outright denial is our "proof".  And people without a dog in the fight see lack of confirmation as reason to not think otherwise.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »

Or all the parties concerned could be taking the We do not negotiate with terrorists kind of approach to being forced to make a statement.  The division head of PICU employs this philosophy when dealing with people who make unreasonable demands.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:48:08 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2015, 11:14:57 AM »

if you have any doubt about the latest news about the meeting with Slash and Duff, what is your opinion about this?

You're asking me about a supposed meeting between Axl, Duff and Slash?
I really don't know anything about any meetings. I didn't see any credible information about any meetings, or maybe I just missed it?

Duff seems to be keeping busy (judging by his Tweets) and Slash is currently on tour with his band.

/jarmo

Yes, that's it.

But you agree that in recent times , there has been so many rumors about a supposed meeting between, Axl, Duff And Slash ?

When someone talked about a supposed meeting , then any member or Axl himself denied the alleged rumor. But since then we have not seen Axl is the leading member of the band currently deny any rumor

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »

Yes, there's rumors. But that could be explained by the fact that people like to assume.

Slash said he's friends with Axl again -> reunion rumors
Reunion rumors -> they must have had a secret meeting

Simple logic really.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »

Yes, there's rumors. But that could be explained by the fact that people like to assume.

Slash said he's friends with Axl again -> reunion rumors
Reunion rumors -> they must have had a secret meeting

Simple logic really.

/jarmo

Come just pick up the phone and ask somebody who knows what they did, where they met and exactly what they talked about, then get back to us  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »

My Opinion Is:

- NOT EXIST AFD REUNION -

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »

Couple of observations:

1. Izzy: I think one needs to look back at some of the issues that pushed Izzy out the door many years back. It's been ~25 years, there may be both a willingness on Izzy's part along with a great deal to entice him to join the tour. Also, Axl's track record at concerts in recent times (no storming off stage, starting at a more reasonable hour, etc.) might be a factor as well.
2. Adler is a ridiculous wild card, I'm not sure if he would be expected to be able to SURVIVE a tour. It would be a fun ride, though.
3. The fact that Slash would come back would have to mean that whatever impediments that were in the way in the past have been addressed. Perhaps cooler heads have prevailed after all these years.
4. Axl: One can only speculate, but Axl's "good" behavior at shows and a seemingly happy and energetic behavior onstage may indicate that the man may have found a happy place. Call it age, maturity, deep reflection, whatever, but he has been much more consistent the last few years than I've ever seen him.
5. Guns n' Roses will always be a circus, for better or for worse.   Cheesy
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »

Last spring, a largely unrecognizable band calling itself Guns N? Roses did a nine-show residency in Las Vegas. At that point, six years had passed since the release of Guns N? Roses? most recent album, Chinese Democracy; 12 years had passed since Chinese Democracy was originally slated for release; and 17 years had passed since Chinese Democracy?s initial recording sessions had kicked off. In an interview conducted prior to those shows, Axl Rose told Revolver that he had a couple GNR albums more or less ready to go. Said Axl:

Basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese [Democracy]. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we?re going to start looking very seriously at what we?re doing in that regard.
That was June 2014. The Vegas shows came and went, and with them, so too did any discussion of a follow-up to Chinese Democracy. Perhaps ?looking very seriously? at the prospect of those albums led Axl to determine they were not worthy of release. Perhaps they were further from completion than Axl initially believed them to be. Perhaps they never existed at all. Perhaps they?ll arrive, unannounced, at midnight tonight. Or tomorrow night. Or sometime next week, or next month. When it comes to Axl Rose, you really never know what to expect. You can?t apply logic or conventional wisdom; you can only wonder what the hell he?s thinking.

ADVERTISING

That?s not rhetorical. Seriously: What the hell is he thinking? Does he actually on some level believe the world at large has genuine interest in hearing ?the second half? of the now-seven-year-old and 71-minute-long Chinese Democracy? That album was met with mixed reviews, but I can?t remember a single critic calling the thing out for being ?too short.? Meanwhile, a Chinese Democracy remix album seems significantly less compelling still: It would be hard to imagine anything else quite so inessential in 2015. (Or even in 2008.)

But that?s Axl Rose for ya. In 1987, his band released Appetite For Destruction, arguably the single-best album of its decade and one of the 10 or so best hard-rock albums ever made. Since then, he has done nothing but troll. He followed Appetite with two distinct, full-priced, full-length albums ? Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II ? released on the same day in 1991, each one coming in at a punishing 76 minutes. (Each one!) Then there was a 17-year gap between albums, broken up sporadically by promising-sounding updates on the ever-imminent new one (its title, for instance, was announced in 1999, nine years before the LP came out). Voila: Chinese Democracy.

Axl has violently dismantled and randomly re-assembled at least half a dozen different versions of his band over the years. The band that made Appetite ? i.e., the band most people are actually interested in seeing reunited today ? was gone in 1990, when Axl fired drummer Steven Adler. Rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin left a year later, soon after the release of the Use Your Illusion albums. In 1996, lead guitarist Slash officially quit, too, three years after his final time onstage with Guns N? Roses. Bassist Duff McKagen resigned in 1997, leaving Axl the sole remaining member from the Appetite era.

By that point, Guns N? Roses were little more than an afterthought in mainstream consciousness, largely due to Axl?s famously paranoid, perfectionistic, and tyrannical unwillingness to compromise ? even at the expense of his own career, even at the expense of his own reputation. Hell, by 1997, Axl?s reputation was basically nothing more than ?paranoid, perfectionistic, and tyrannical,? and the ensuing decade did nothing to curb that perception. There?s a now-ancient music industry joke that went something like this: ?We?ll get democracy in China before we get Chinese Democracy.?

Ha! But no; Axl managed to win that race. After 17 years and 44 credited producers and engineers, we finally got Chinese Democracy. And it was BATSHIT. But, like, it was pretty good, too! I mean, it still IS pretty good ? I?m not gonna say it?s objectively better than Appetite or the 12 best Use Your Illusion songs (individually culled from the sadistic original total of 30), but I?m more apt to reach for it than I am those albums. Why? Because those albums are nearly three decades old and those songs might as well be The Simpsons theme or ?Happy Birthday.? But Chinese Democracy has some jams that still surprise me. And that?s partly because it?s a dense, complicated album and partly because ? well, because it?s batshit. Chuck Klosterman wrote a great review of Chinese Democracy, and the entire affair is best summed up by this section of that review:

On [Chinese Democracy track] ?Sorry,? Rose suddenly sings an otherwise innocuous line (?But I don?t want to do it?) in some bizarre, quasi-Transylvanian accent, and I cannot begin to speculate as to why. I mean, one has to assume Axl thought about all of these individual choices a minimum of a thousand times over the past 15 years. Somewhere in Los Angles, there?s gotta be 400 hours of DAT tape with nothing on it except multiple versions of the ?Sorry? vocal. So why is this the one we finally hear? What finally made him decide, ?You know, I?ve weighed all my options and all their potential consequences, and I?m going with the Mexican vampire accent. This is the vision I will embrace. But only on that one line! The rest of it will just be sung like a non-dead human.? Often, I don?t even care if his choices work or if they fail. I just want to know what Rose hoped they would do.
It?s fun to listen to the album and ponder just that throughout. And even though it?s totally impossible to say with any certainty what Axl hoped to achieve with his choices, it seems reasonable to suggest that ?playing to the base? was not among his ambitions. Has the man ever pandered? He?s wasted millions of dollars and thousands of hours, and forcibly exiled or alienated just about everyone in the entire world, all in the pursuit of a singular vision that culminated in a crazy, incongruous vampire voice employed on one line of ?Sorry.? To the outside onlooker, that may not be particularly satisfying, but damn if it isn?t engaging and even exhilarating. Rock music today has it share of cranks, pranksters, and provocateurs, but genuine eccentrics? Those are a dying breed. Truly, Axl is more Howard Hughes than Death Grips, and for that reason, I?m ambivalent about the guy embracing any sort of bald-faced, bottom-line-oriented populism, and dismayed by the idea of a Guns N? Roses ?reunion.?

To be clear, said reunion may indeed be nothing more than an idea. It?s definitely nothing more than a baseless rumor at this point, although it?s a rumor that?s been circulating for a few months now. But over the last couple weeks, that rumor seemed to gain some traction. Most notably, M?tley Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx said in no uncertain terms that Guns N? Roses were reuniting for a tour: ?THEY ARE. EVERYBODY KNOWS.? Former GNR manager Vicky Hamilton sort of claimed otherwise, saying, ?OK ? was texting with Slash who is on tour [in India] ? he says the GNR tour isn?t happening ? so that?s all I know ? your guess is as good as mine ?? And whoever runs Guns N? Roses? Twitter is just being irritatingly coy about all of it:

http://www.stereogum.com/1844250/heres-why-id-hate-a-guns-n-roses-reunion/franchises/essay/
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »

Interesting read, and pretty fair.  At least in my opinion.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2015, 03:11:46 PM »

Interesting read, and pretty fair.  At least in my opinion.

Yeah, good stuff.  Love the reference to "religious-fanatical commitment".  Fight it all you want people, but if the shoe fits...

Also, love Chuck Klosterman's take as well.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »

Love that Canter is saying that none of the members have mentioned anything to him regarding a reunion. As if they would to someone who has his own space on a Fan Site dedicated to dishing on his past.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »

I?m going with the Mexican vampire accent. This is the vision I will embrace. But only on that one line!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »

All I know is whoever wrote "no news is good news" ... couldn't be more wrong ... ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2015, 03:43:30 PM »

Love that Canter is saying that none of the members have mentioned anything to him regarding a reunion. As if they would to someone who has his own space on a Fan Site dedicated to dishing on his past.

Hahahaha

Now we just need Mick Wall to weigh in.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:34 PM »

All I know is whoever wrote "no news is good news" ... couldn't be more wrong ... ha

with you on that....last I checked "no news is no news".

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2015, 06:33:18 PM »

Guns and Red hot at Rock In Rio lisboa ?

https://www.facebook.com/Guns-N-Roses-Reunion-2016-932287826849436/  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

http://www.stereogum.com/1844250/heres-why-id-hate-a-guns-n-roses-reunion/franchises/essay/

I'd have to agree with him. Gnr is playing less of their new songs, it's getting boring only playing 2-5 UYI/CD songs and the rest solos, covers and AFD/lies songs. I don't want to here Axl sing them for another tour, even if its with slash and duff. I want to here new music. 2001 and 2009/2010 was awesome when Axl came back with the band and rocked out new songs. Why can't we let this happen again with songs that have been waiting 12 years to be heard?  Go ahead, call me a crybaby Axl fan boy, it's true. crying   beer

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2015, 07:21:53 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66543.140

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »

Id rather hear new music over a reunion tour anyday.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

I wouldn't say "hate"
But I would so much prefer
New music to old.

I've heard "Appetite"
And the "Illusion" twins, too
Live, with all lineups

And on record, too...
But, for me, the excitement
Of new melodies

Lyrics heard first time...
New songs to sing in the car
And to relate to

That is the trump card.
It's an easy choice for me
So bring on the new Smiley

Splash
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: