Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 42736 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

But here's the next logical question: If he's NOT up there, on stage, and the rumors of Slash, Duff, Axl are true...what other reason do you HONESTLY think that would be other than Izzy saying "No"?

Do you think they wouldn't ask him? I just don't see that as being likely.  They all get along with him. He's played with every single one of them, at different times, and relatively recently. Right?

Unlike Steven, who has other issues to overcome....Izzys not really a big risk..unless you think he's going to flake out and bail 1/2 way through the tour.  And I don't think THAT would stop them from asking, honestly.

Going by what Axl has said in the past, I think he would be reluctant to commit to a huge tour with Izzy on board. It might be too much of an uncertainty about the whole thing. I don't think that has anything to do with Izzy as a person, they seem to get along just fine.

On the other hand, it is the toughest question surrounding a potential reunion because I think it would be hard for Axl to straight out exclude Izzy. I really have no idea how that would play out.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2015, 02:34:21 PM »

I think it's unlikely that Izzy would want to be involved.  He seems happy enough staying out of the limelight and just doing his thing.  He did all the world tours and stadium shows when he was a young man and seems to have need or desire to go back to that.  I can see him doing the odd guest appearance here or there, but not much more than that.

When did Izzy last comment on any potential reunion, and what did he say?

I'm asking everyone here, because I don't know. Was it recently, or 10 years ago? If it was a very long time ago, I guess things could have changed..

I don't recall specific comments (he's tended to dodge the question, in interviews...that I remember), but more a sort of expressed sentiment that he's not interested in doing huge, 100 date, massive production tours in general. And that he likes to have his "private time" to recharge, etc.

But here's the next logical question: If he's NOT up there, on stage, and the rumors of Slash, Duff, Axl are true...what other reason do you HONESTLY think that would be other than Izzy saying "No"?

Do you think they wouldn't ask him? I just don't see that as being likely.  They all get along with him. He's played with every single one of them, at different times, and relatively recently. Right?

Unlike Steven, who has other issues to overcome....Izzys not really a big risk..unless you think he's going to flake out and bail 1/2 way through the tour.  And I don't think THAT would stop them from asking, honestly.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54054.0

In this interview he clearly states he'd be interested in some form. granted, it's a few years ago now... so we'll see.

Thiago: But if the case would occur, would you consider a reunion as possible?

Izzy: Yes, of course. I wrote a big part of that material.

Again, we go back to what "consider" means.

It means "would you think about it".

He says he would.

He doesn't say he would do it. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2015, 02:39:24 PM »

Going by what Axl has said in the past, I think he would be reluctant to commit to a huge tour with Izzy on board. It might be too much of an uncertainty about the whole thing. I don't think that has anything to do with Izzy as a person, they seem to get along just fine.

On the other hand, it is the toughest question surrounding a potential reunion because I think it would be hard for Axl to straight out exclude Izzy. I really have no idea how that would play out.

Yeah, I just disagree.

With all the bygones that would have to go under the bridge to make this actually come to fruitiion, I think Izzy's are the most minor. And I think if Izzy says yes, he's reliable. 

If you're getting the band back together, I can see all the reasons why you might not want to include Steven.

Assuming this comes to pass, I can't really see any good reasons to exclude Izzy.  I think that he gets an ask, unquestionably.  Not a doubt in my mind. I can't see a logical reason not to, given all the other factors in play.

If he doesn't, you can be sure we'll hear about it.  And that's the time for an uproar, I guess.  But, given history...I think the safer assumption is he's asked and says no (assuming he's not up there).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »

Richard already looks like Izzy

Oh right, that's why he got the job in the first place. What could be more important?

Ps. Silkworms is great!

Actually, Axl himself said so, not just look-wise, but his whole vibe as well.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »

I've been thinking about an interview Richard did a while  ago. When he was talking about the material they were putting together for the new guns record. Richard mentioned that they had a song that slash was apart of the writing. This is my opinion that Slash perhaps has done some recording for the new album and we'll get a new guns record with a tour to follow with some original members mixed with Richard and Frank.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »

Does anyone else feel that this 'reunion' may take more of the form of a Chinese Democracy-type GNR tour, with Slash and/or Duff dropping in occasionally? That's definitely what I'm starting to think.

Are you thinking that Axl will hire another new guitarist as a permanent member, and then Slash and Duff will replace him and Tommy occasionally in some concerts?

Pretty much, yeah. Or possibly just have an additional guitarist for some shows rather than replace them. I'm just speculating of course. As others have suggested, I can't see Izzy or Stephen being up for a full scale world tour health wise.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »

Yeah, I just disagree.

With all the bygones that would have to go under the bridge to make this actually come to fruitiion, I think Izzy's are the most minor. And I think if Izzy says yes, he's reliable. 

If you're getting the band back together, I can see all the reasons why you might not want to include Steven.

Assuming this comes to pass, I can't really see any good reasons to exclude Izzy.  I think that he gets an ask, unquestionably.  Not a doubt in my mind. I can't see a logical reason not to, given all the other factors in play.

If he doesn't, you can be sure we'll hear about it.  And that's the time for an uproar, I guess.  But, given history...I think the safer assumption is he's asked and says no (assuming he's not up there).

No doubt, it's hard to imagine them not asking him and including him in these [speculative] discussions, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be worried about him flaking.  They probably have a speech lined up for him that hits on all the things he hates about touring in case he says yes.  I expect it's a non-issue in any case, as guest-spots-only for Izzy are probably what's preferred by everyone, especially Izzy himself. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »

I've been thinking about an interview Richard did a while  ago. When he was talking about the material they were putting together for the new guns record. Richard mentioned that they had a song that slash was apart of the writing. This is my opinion that Slash perhaps has done some recording for the new album and we'll get a new guns record with a tour to follow with some original members mixed with Richard and Frank.

I think the material Richard talked about stems back to the 90s, when Slash was still in the band. I doubt Slash has done any recording with Axl post-1996.

You never know though, they hardly tell us anything....

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

I think the material Richard talked about stems back to the 90s, when Slash was still in the band. I doubt Slash has done any recording with Axl post-1996.

You never know though, they hardly tell us anything....

Then we come on here and quote bits and pieces of interviews they had 5-10-15-20 years ago

So and so said this.....  10 years ago!!

10 years ago I was 25.  Who only knows what I said , personally.   It has nothing to do with anything i would say or might say now.  It may be about a topic I feel the same way about or don't

When people say said this , so many years ago, I just shake my head.   As it means absultutly nothing
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »

The rumor says an announcement in a few days.... Well it's been almost a week, and nothing has been announced.  Safe to say the rumors are baseless ? or are the wheels turning slowly ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »

How often do gossip sites admit they were wrong about something?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »

How often do gossip sites admit they were wrong about something?

/jarmo

Uh, never. Unless they lose a lawsuit.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »

The rumor says an announcement in a few days.... Well it's been almost a week, and nothing has been announced.  Safe to say the rumors are baseless ? or are the wheels turning slowly ?
It's either not true, or realistic. Considering I 1999 next year was really 9 years away.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2015, 08:41:03 PM »

Haha... the 'rumor site' says a few days... a few extra pass and it is obviously patently false. The band involved in said rumor misses nearly every self imposed timeline/deadline they have stated since 2000 and those are explained away and swept under the rug...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

That's the "beauty". These sites can post anything and if it doesn't happen, blame the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »

The band has the opportunity to set the record straight if they feel the need.

Obviously they don't do that for every little rumor that comes along, but this one has gone global. If there's no truth whatsoever to the reunion stuff, I'm inclined to say they can blame themselves if they receive heat when shooting it down in the future, waiting so long.

Sweetness is a virtue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »

That's the "beauty". These sites can post anything and if it doesn't happen, blame the band.  Tongue

/jarmo

they are allowed to say what they want as long as they claim they have a source, and theyre also allowed to keep their 'source' secret. its amost impossible to take legal action against websites no matter what they say about someone. so they can say what they want.

The band has the opportunity to set the record straight if they feel the need.

Obviously they don't do that for every little rumor that comes along, but this one has gone global. If there's no truth whatsoever to the reunion stuff, I'm inclined to say they can blame themselves if they receive heat when shooting it down in the future, waiting so long.

well it looks like the majority are convinced that some form or another of a reunion is a go. i wonder how long the excitement surrounding this can remain/how much it will build up? maybe they are waiting for the buzz to peak before making some kind of announcement. if they dont make one, i wonder how long it would be before the hype died down on its own? that could be another route, if the reunion is not a go, maybe they are waiting for the buzz to die down so the media backlash is not as bad. of course i have no clue, just wondering a bit.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »

It's been three months of it building and not one single statement confirming or denying from ANY camp - Axl's, Slash's, Duff's, Izzy's, Steven's, Matt's or Dizzy. Not one real peep out of Richard or Frank, either. If there was absolutely NOTHING to this, I think at least one of the camps would've said something.

My guess is this: Right now, negotiations are in place for some sort of reunion. They're probably not even sure themselves at this point on the details (meaning exactly who would be involved), and it's not something that would happen this year obviously, or next year. I think Axl and Slash are still trying to mend their relationship, and see how it feels. Perhaps part of the delay might be hesitation on one or more of the camps. Maybe they want Izzy, for example, and Izzy is wobbly about it. Maybe they're feeling out if Steven is solid enough for one gig. Maybe Axl and Slash behind the scenes are trying to test whether they still have chemistry in terms of songwriting. Whatever the case is, I do believe negotiations of some sort for some sort of revival of the old band in some form (be it Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven or the UYI lineup or Axl/Slash/Fortus/Duff/Frank/Dizzy/Chris) are taking place, very tentatively and very touch-and-go, which is why we've not heard a peep. It could be sealed, and concrete tomorrow, or totally fall apart tomorrow, but until things are sure either way probably we're not going to hear anything.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »

/jarmo

Oh I'm sure some will find a reason to complain regardless of what is announced, in fact I'd bet on that.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2015, 09:37:01 PM »

It's been three months of it building and not one single statement confirming or denying from ANY camp - Axl's, Slash's, Duff's, Izzy's, Steven's, Matt's or Dizzy. Not one real peep out of Richard or Frank, either. If there was absolutely NOTHING to this, I think at least one of the camps would've said something.

My guess is this: Right now, negotiations are in place for some sort of reunion. They're probably not even sure themselves at this point on the details (meaning exactly who would be involved), and it's not something that would happen this year obviously, or next year. I think Axl and Slash are still trying to mend their relationship, and see how it feels. Perhaps part of the delay might be hesitation on one or more of the camps. Maybe they want Izzy, for example, and Izzy is wobbly about it. Maybe they're feeling out if Steven is solid enough for one gig. Maybe Axl and Slash behind the scenes are trying to test whether they still have chemistry in terms of songwriting. Whatever the case is, I do believe negotiations of some sort for some sort of revival of the old band in some form (be it Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven or the UYI lineup or Axl/Slash/Fortus/Duff/Frank/Dizzy/Chris) are taking place, very tentatively and very touch-and-go, which is why we've not heard a peep. It could be sealed, and concrete tomorrow, or totally fall apart tomorrow, but until things are sure either way probably we're not going to hear anything.

All of this is pretty much feasible.. and the last line is spot on.

It would be interesting to see how long the timeline is for goodwill before people/fans get restless with not hearing anything though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: