Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 153136 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #780 on: December 28, 2015, 01:44:57 PM »

If Axl puts Slash back in a GNR stage I would be VERY dissapointed. Artistically, it would be a major step back.

I dont want this to happen. But the thing is I actually think it won't happen. What's the evidence so far?

It looks like something big is going to happen, yes, but why on earth would we forget these words, which have been said just a few years ago?

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz3vazFZCMc

I dont see how anyone can go from these words to a ''reunion tour'' without scales...

People can change their minds...

Yes; i know that. But what's the evidence so far that Axl has changed his mind?

People is stating as a hard fact that ''they're back in good terms'' and I ask... says who?

Slash has said they are in good terms. That was the begining of all the rumors

Well... Slash has said two fucking million things that turned to be lies in the past, he's not exactly the most trustable person out there.

Axl didn't say one word about Slash since the 2009 interview with RS, in which he was... ''drastic''...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Princess Leia
« Reply #781 on: December 28, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »

If Axl puts Slash back in a GNR stage I would be VERY dissapointed. Artistically, it would be a major step back.

I dont want this to happen. But the thing is I actually think it won't happen. What's the evidence so far?

It looks like something big is going to happen, yes, but why on earth would we forget these words, which have been said just a few years ago?

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty", "Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided, and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview-20090227#ixzz3vazFZCMc

I dont see how anyone can go from these words to a ''reunion tour'' without scales...

People is stating as a hard fact that ''they're back in good terms'' and I ask... says who?

Well... Slash has said two fucking million things that turned to be lies in the past, he's not exactly the most trustable person out there.

Axl didn't say one word about Slash since the 2009 interview with RS, in which he was... ''drastic''...

Guess what? Nobody has denied. By nobody I don?t mean just Axl. Slash made that comment several months ago. There?s been all kinds of rumors about a reunion everywhere. And nobody bother to stop it. As someone already said people can change their minds despite any "drastic" statements in the past.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #782 on: December 28, 2015, 02:11:06 PM »

let it go dude. Axl has...you should too.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #783 on: December 28, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »

On what kind of a fucking planet do you live, Esteban? Its happening. Deal with it.

And of course...slash coming back is artistically a set back to dj ashba...who wasnt even able to play one solo right.

Youre a treat....really..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #784 on: December 28, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »

I have to admit total surprise there is this level of pushback.

Its still very small, but I thought it would be damn near non-existent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #785 on: December 28, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »

I have to admit total surprise there is this level of pushback.

Its still very small, but I thought it would be damn near non-existent.

I think over the course of years, out of devotion to Axl, some fans drank the Kool Aid a little too hard. I'm not at all shocked we're seeing a vocal minority of fans who seem burned by this. 

Me? I'm 100% onboard.  And if Chinese Democracy II is still on the horizon, however unlikely, I'll consider it a huge bonus.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:45:33 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #786 on: December 28, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »

I think you have a funny way of seeing things.

For some fans, they never got into the band when the old band existed. So it's not surprising that the GN'R that existed in the 2000s  was their band.
Just like some never gave them a chance because it wasn't the old band, some never cared all that much about the old band.

It's natural when you consider the history of the band.

Some of us are fortunate enough to enjoy all of it though.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #787 on: December 28, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »

I think you have a funny way of seeing things.

For some fans, they never got into the band when the old band existed. So it's not surprising that the GN'R that existed in the 2000s  was their band.
Just like some never gave them a chance because it wasn't the old band, some never cared all that much about the old band.

It's natural when you consider the history of the band.

Some of us are fortunate enough to enjoy all of it though.  Smiley

/jarmo

You're not wrong, especially in regard to the younger fans.  I just meant that, for example, when Slash would say something negative about Axl or the "new" GNR lineup, it was easier for newer fans to say "Fuck that guy!" in regard to him, Matt or Duff, depending on who was doing the talking.  When Axl's own sentiments only echoed that (cancer, etc.), I could see how it would be that much easier for newer fans to slip further down the rabbit hole of hate in regard to the old members.  So again, I can see why those fans would be burned by this.

If you were lucky enough to be introduced to Guns through Appetite, Lies & Illusions AND THEN joined the long wait for Chinese Democracy, this is likely all "win" for you.  This is where I fall.

I love Chinese Democracy, still hope we get to hear the followup album....But am beyond stoked for the upcoming reunion.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #788 on: December 28, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »

I think over the course of years, out of devotion to Axl, some fans drank the Kool Aid a little too hard. I'm not at all shocked we're seeing a vocal minority of fans who seem burned by this. 

Oh, big time.  There are segments of this fanbase that would eat their own shit if they thought it was what Axl wanted.

What strikes me is the role reversal of sorts going on now.  I read just this morning, a poster saying that if its not the original 5 its "not really Guns N Roses" and if its "just a bunch of old songs with nothing new" any tour was a waste of time.

Will people saying these things be burned at the stake?  Sure don't sound like very supportive fans, right?  For shame.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #789 on: December 28, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »

But if you were a younger fan that grew up on 'Star Wars' prequels, you were at least aware of the original trilogy.  Even if it came out before your time.

And once you saw them, the difference in quality and what really left a lasting mark was pretty hard to ignore.  Unless you just wanted to play contrarian.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #790 on: December 28, 2015, 04:24:55 PM »

Oh, big time.  There are segments of this fanbase that would eat their own shit if they thought it was what Axl wanted.

What strikes me is the role reversal of sorts going on now.  I read just this morning, a poster saying that if its not the original 5 its "not really Guns N Roses" and if its "just a bunch of old songs with nothing new" any tour was a waste of time.

Will people saying these things be burned at the stake?  Sure don't sound like very supportive fans, right?  For shame.

At its best, it's mind boggling.  Here we are, on the cusp of the reunion NO ONE thought would ever materialize.  And people are nit-picking it apart because "their reunion" MUST have blah blah blah, otherwise it's not legit.  It's the type of horseshit the internet was made for...Which is why you just can't take it seriously.

If Axl, Slash & Duff share the same stage together it will be a miracle, and one I surely will not miss.  People can go ahead and say what they want to convince themselves not to go.  Fine.  Less competition for us when tickets go onsale.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:26:41 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #791 on: December 28, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

Here is what I don't get.

You were willing to roll with Axl and NO ONE for 15 years.  Just he and a bunch of dudes.  That?  That was fine.

Now he is finally ready to swap out some of the nameless and faceless for the real deal...and because he's not doing it across the board, its unacceptable?  You are staying home??

These are people that would curse the darkness rather than simply light a candle.  Seek help, folks.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #792 on: December 28, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »

I'm finding it really difficult reading on here in regards to some of the things being said? Such comments as " I can see bumble foot coming back but not slash", and things like "there's no proof of anything in regards to reunion".

Some people must live in a hole?  Smiley

I'm in such a good mood today, that I am even going to join the Emily bandwagon and state that I have seen enough evidence to suggest it's time to get excited now  Wink

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #793 on: December 28, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »

You were willing to roll with Axl and NO ONE for 15 years.  Just he and a bunch of dudes.  That?  That was fine.

Now he is finally ready to swap out some of the nameless and faceless for the real deal...and because he's not doing it across the board, its unacceptable?  You are staying home??

These are people that would curse the darkness rather than simply light a candle.  Seek help, folks.

I think it's just people who like the sound of their own voices while thumping their chests on a message board.  Man, if you're a GNR fan but wouldn't go see Axl, Slash & Duff because Steven isn't there? I don't want to know you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #794 on: December 28, 2015, 04:40:30 PM »

But if you were a younger fan that grew up on 'Star Wars' prequels, you were at least aware of the original trilogy.  Even if it came out before your time.

And once you saw them, the difference in quality and what really left a lasting mark was pretty hard to ignore.  Unless you just wanted to play contrarian.

It is possible for people to prefer 2002 GNR over the 1987 version, as difficult that may be for you to believe. People have different tastes. It's nothing new really.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #795 on: December 28, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »

I think it's just people who like the sound of their own voices while thumping their chests on a message board.  Man, if you're a GNR fan but wouldn't go see Axl, Slash & Duff because Steven isn't there? I don't want to know you.

Exactly, I made this point yesterday but it was glossed over because the board was rampant with some fairly strange comments, the truth is, of course I'd rather see Steven or Matt up there than frank, that would be the view of a fair majority (if not all) reunionists.
But to suggest throwing the toys out of the pram and staying home if that doesn't happen??? Wow! Just wow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #796 on: December 28, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »

I'm finding it really difficult reading on here in regards to some of the things being said? Such comments as " I can see bumble foot coming back but not slash", and things like "there's no proof of anything in regards to reunion".

Here is what that is about, in my opinion.

There is going to a be a pretty large sentiment of "well, thank god that's over" when this gets announced.  Some will absolutely mean that in the bluntest, meanest way possible.  But there will be many others that mean it a better way.  Not that they hated the last 15 years, but this is more what they'd prefer.

There is a segment among us that will treat that like an act of a war, no matter how soft you try and pedal it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #797 on: December 28, 2015, 04:44:19 PM »

It is possible for people to prefer 2002 GNR over the 1987 version, as difficult that may be for you to believe. People have different tastes. It's nothing new really.

True.

But I tend to be a sheer numbers guy in times like this.  The overwhelming majority of the fanbase prefers the older stuff and the classic line-up.

That fact that you might be able to point to some outliers thinking the opposite is vaild, in the sense they do, in fact, exist.  But I'd argue rather inconsequential in the grand scheme given their small size.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #798 on: December 28, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »

True.

But I tend to be a sheer numbers guy in times like this.  The overwhelming majority of the fanbase prefers the older stuff and the classic line-up.

That fact that you might be able to point to some outliers thinking the opposite is vaild, in the sense they do, in fact, exist.  But I'd argue rather inconsequential in the grand scheme given their small size.

But it is possible. So when people post here how they prefer one of the modern lineups, they're not necessarily doing it to be difficult. It just might be their true feelings. And who are we to tell them they're wrong, crazy, etc.?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #799 on: December 28, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »

Here is what that is about, in my opinion.

There is going to a be a pretty large sentiment of "well, thank god that's over" when this gets announced.  Some will absolutely mean that in the bluntest, meanest way possible.  But there will be many others that mean it a better way.  Not that they hated the last 15 years, but this is more what they'd prefer.

There is a segment among us that will treat that like an act of a war, no matter how soft you try and pedal it.

As you know, im an 87-93 kinda guy. That grates a lot of people on here, and I get that.

What will be interesting on this board will be to see how the lines are drawn if this reunion happens. For example, a guy like me who has butted heads with some people on here regarding the later line ups and what Axl was doing may in fact really die down now (maybe)... If They tour and do release a couple of songs (which there are rumours) then you will see me extremely happy. And I'd suggest those people like Jarmo and Emily who are always happy will not fight with me as much because in their eyes I won't be anywhere near as negative as I was etc
The other side of the coin is those that aren't happy about this what so ever and over the last few days a few of those have popped up out of the wood work.

This board is going to be very interesting over the next few months to see which way this all goes.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: