Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 53279 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »

I'm still not sure why you seem to be so put off by it? And bias towards what exactly?

You carry this virtual chip on your shoulder and expect me to take anything you say about anything that has happened since your band broke up seriously?
Sorry, it'll take some effort from you to make me fall for that one. It's hard to take many of you seriously.

I've seen enough people claiming to "support" GN'R and not being able to actually do it, only type it, in the last 19 years... Sorry, at some point you stop believing all these people.

i dont get why you seem to find that so offensive.

Haha. I'm not offended that you like something that ceased to exist over 20 years ago. Your choice!

Maybe I'm offended that you, and those with your opinion, take it for granted that you should be welcomed with open arms to the fan sites that actually are interested in the present and future, just because you liked something that existed years ago. Maybe it's offensive to me that you come here and expect me to just let you go on and on about the current band, when in reality you don't need to say a word. We know what you think. We know you don't like it. We already know. So why do you feel the need to keep going on and on about it?

You just don't seem to get it. No matter how many times over the years I explain it. There's always a few who like to argue with me about it.
Year after year I explain this: If you only like the old band, maybe this board isn't for you. A bunch of us have a real interest in the past, present and future. We actually support the band. Call us blind, call us nutswingers. Don't care. We're not interested in being told how everything now sucks, and how it was better back then. We've heard it. Move on already.

No, this is not something these people want to hear. Instead it's "you don't allow our opinions!".

But when the past becomes the present, what happens to the present that's now become the past?  Boom!  Mind blown. hihi

nervous confused

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2015, 04:56:24 PM »

I'm still not sure why you seem to be so put off by it? And bias towards what exactly?

You carry this virtual chip on your shoulder and expect me to take anything you say about anything that has happened since your band broke up seriously?
Sorry, it'll take some effort from you to make me fall for that one. It's hard to take many of you seriously.

I've seen enough people claiming to "support" GN'R and not being able to actually do it, only type it, in the last 19 years... Sorry, at some point you stop believing all these people.

i dont get why you seem to find that so offensive.

Haha. I'm not offended that you like something that ceased to exist over 20 years ago. Your choice!

Maybe I'm offended that you, and those with your opinion, take it for granted that you should be welcomed with open arms to the fan sites that actually are interested in the present and future, just because you liked something that existed years ago. Maybe it's offensive to me that you come here and expect me to just let you go on and on about the current band, when in reality you don't need to say a word. We know what you think. We know you don't like it. We already know. So why do you feel the need to keep going on and on about it?

You just don't seem to get it. No matter how many times over the years I explain it. There's always a few who like to argue with me about it.
Year after year I explain this: If you only like the old band, maybe this board isn't for you. A bunch of us have a real interest in the past, present and future. We actually support the band. Call us blind, call us nutswingers. Don't care. We're not interested in being told how everything now sucks, and how it was better back then. We've heard it. Move on already.

No, this is not something these people want to hear. Instead it's "you don't allow our opinions!".

But when the past becomes the present, what happens to the present that's now become the past?  Boom!  Mind blown. hihi

nervous confused

hihi

/jarmo

Ok...so you claim im not interested in the future or the present? And im only here because i like something from 20 years ago? Is that your take?

Over the years we have had Izzy and Most recently Duff playing with the band.. Duff did the 6 shows in Sth America last year.. for me.. that was amazing. Ive also lined up and bought my ticket and that money went into Axl's pocket, went into ashbas pocket and so on. Ive have repeatedly said i didn't buy the ticket to see them... BUT.. i did enjoy the experience and that is supporting the band IMO. I thought they put on an amazing show and i don't have many gripes with what i saw... (Even though Ashba's own take SCOM was a balls up)... but still.. if they came back.. id pay and watch and hopefully get a good show like the last time i went. Smiley

I'm here for the present and future because i'm excited to see what happens next. Yes.. i'm rooting for the reunion.. or some sort of reunion that sees slash back in the fold. If it doesn't happen... fine, ill be bummed out about it.. but ill watch on with interest as i have done for the last how many years and see what Axl does with it.

FWIW.... in relation to your comment about taking it for granted that i should be welcomed with open arms on a forum that doesnt agree with my opinion... perhaps that is the case and i just thought that anyone could sign up and speak freely. I can see your point of view that people like me probably grate you. That's not my intention. But ill put it to you like this..... if your board was only open to people who towed the line that everything is great and no matter what Axl does with GNR its all awesome.. and they were the only people posting here.. i think you would get bored rather quickly. The board ticks along because people like to discuss (and yes.. debate) topics.. that's how a good message board works. Some of the best threads on here are people discussing and debating their points of view, If you dont want that... then i guess that's completely your choice.. your bat and ball.. and if you want to take it home... you can. I cant do much about that.

But... i've not tried to deliberately antagonize you. And im not trolling... even if it may seem that way.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:59:07 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »

Jeez.

You like something that existed two decades ago. So you use it as a reason to go to fan sites dedicated to that band, even though the band's line up has changed.
But you want to convince everybody that you're still a fan even though you've admitted that you don't really like their latest album. But you still want people to take your opinions on the present seriously.

Like I said, sorry, doesn't work with me. Past experiences tell me that kind of people aren't really here to discuss the present or future with an open mind.
Prove me wrong. That'd be great.

I'll condense the issue for you: The problem isn't fans of something that ceased to exist coming to a fan site that isn't only about that particular era, but also about all eras, past, present and future. The problem is the lack of respect they have for others who don't share their limited conditional admiration for the band.

I don't care what you like as long as you respect those who don't whine day in and day out about the band. To put it bluntly. That's it. Very simple.

For example: If you don't like anything that happened since 1993. Fine. Stay away from anything that has to do with topics relating to anything that happened since. I don't need to hear another "you don't allow us our opinion" cry. If you don't like something post 1993 for example, why the hell do you think your opinion on a 2014 show is important to know? Chances are that, drum roll, you don't like it!

If you love cheese burgers, do you go to a vegan cooking site and post in every recipe topic that the food sucks and that cheese burgers are better? No, it's kinda obvious what you'd think of that food...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »

Jarmo's rolling.......I have to agree...no use bitching like a bitch day in and day out about something you have NO control over...take it in the ass or go play in another sandbox.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »

I don't know if some actually get the point. Imagine if your partner makes the same complaints every week. For months. For years. For decades.

"I liked you better in 1993". "You should go back to being the person you were in 1993". "I don't like the friends and co-workers you have now, I prefer the ones from 1993".

How long before you actually had a talk with your partner and said "I get it, it's becoming kinda boring now"? Or would you just say "That's great! Your opinion is important to hear, every week! Thank you! Please remind me again next week!"?  Cheesy

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »

I don't know if some actually get the point. Imagine if your partner makes the same complaints every week. For months. For years. For decades.

"I liked you better in 1993". "You should go back to being the person you were in 1993". "I don't like the friends and co-workers you have now, I prefer the ones from 1993".

How long before you actually had a talk with your partner and said "I get it, it's becoming kinda boring now"? Or would you just say "That's great! Your opinion is important to hear, every week! Thank you! Please remind me again next week!"?  Cheesy

/jarmo

Nice analogy! If it were true.

But what do you get out of everyone coming on here and treating the place like a place of cult worship? Like.. i get that would be somewhat of an ego boost I'm guessing. But you seem a bit more intelligent then that, at least on the surface. Nobody is coming in here that i have seen, and said they hate Axl, or hate the current band.. even the most outspoken of us, have indicated that they still enjoy the shows, but it seems if those people (myself included) happen to speak up and call things for what they are... they are bitched off the board by the true believers.  Tongue

I'm sure you are aware of what gets said and the level of vindictiveness on other boards.. .i havent seen anyone be like that on here. All ive seen is reasonable argument to a point from our side of things. Yes yes.. i know you will give me the answer that youve been dealing with it for 20 years.. but isnt that point? The reason people speak up is because the issues arent solved. And with the current state of things that will probably be the case until plans are announced.. whatever those are.. and then im sure a new shit storm of topics will evolve from the ones we are having now.  Cheesy

dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »

Maybe wrong thread or whatever but what's your feeling on an appetite for reunion Jarmo?

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2015, 01:20:03 AM »

what i dont get is, if you didnt love cd, why are you still hanging on? ax already said it would be more of the same. why complain and beg for something that you are very likely not going to like? more of the same. the second half of cd. why would you like the second half if you didnt like the first half?

Does this make a lot of sense, really?

You think there are people that choose to post at this particular board that didn't like the album?  We have a handful, a literal handful.  Other sites have far more.  But if you are choosing to post here, let's be honest.  You've made a lot of peace with a lot of stuff.  And hating CD is probably not really a thing for you.

Although I don't agree with the mindset (or even respect it, to be honest) I'm certainly not blind to the notion some have that people are to sit quietly in the corner.    To take the mere morsels we are given and pretend its the feast of a lifetime.

Yet even as you chide us for being bad fans or what have you, is it really in the context of not wanting another album?  You really see a lot of that present at this site?

Or are you just unhappy with how people might express their frustration, up to and including the fact you probably think even having such feelings is totally out of line?

that part of my post was actually very relevant. many people here say cd was good, not great. arent you one of them? why push so hard for the second half of, more of the same of, what was to you good but not great? whats all the fuss about?

my point stands. you want it because you cant have it. you just want satisfaction. when you get it, chances are you still wont be happy.

as for defending axl, the press and peoples opinions are all rolled into one these days. when i first went online to gnr land, all that negative shit i heard helped form my opinion at that time. it hurts the bands reputation. people are very liable to take what they see on message boards and run with it.

you are, quite literally, a generator of bad press for this band. you want them to get good publicity, good press, but you yourself are the squad leader for a circle that produces the opposite. it makes no sense.

be sure to ignore that part politician x.

also, axl is not just any celebrity. hes not robert downey jr. who the fuck cares about an actor? i cant understand that. but axls art means a lot to me. and people hate this guy. you apparently havent seen that. i have, in many real life conversations. almost every time i bring up modern gnr, people start bashing axl. it bugs me because his art doesnt get a chance. all the inspiration this guy has given me over the years, no skin off my back to call you and your cronies out on your smear tactics every now and then. its the least i could do.

jaeball, im proud of you. you used to be a fence sitter. at least now you have cemented yourself into being politician x's lap dog. i hope you and ginger king can share that position comfortably. oscar, if youre a good boy you can grow up to be just like them. you can fight the man together. dont stand for this oppression from axl, team brazil, and jarmo! you have your rights!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2015, 04:41:58 AM »

what i dont get is, if you didnt love cd, why are you still hanging on? ax already said it would be more of the same. why complain and beg for something that you are very likely not going to like? more of the same. the second half of cd. why would you like the second half if you didnt like the first half?

You think there are people that choose to post at this particular board that didn't like the album?  We have a handful, a literal handful.  Other sites have far more.  But if you are choosing to post here, let's be honest.  You've made a lot of peace with a lot of stuff.  And hating CD is probably not really a thing for you.

Although I don't agree with the mindset (or even respect it, to be honest) I'm certainly not blind to the notion some have that people are to sit quietly in the corner.    To take the mere morsels we are given and pretend its the feast of a lifetime.

Yet even as you chide us for being bad fans or what have you, is it really in the context of not wanting another album?  You really see a lot of that present at this site?

Or are you just unhappy with how people might express their frustration, up to and including the fact you probably think even having such feelings is totally out of line?

that part of my post was actually very relevant. many people here say cd was good, not great. arent you one of them? why push so hard for the second half of, more of the same of, what was to you good but not great? whats all the fuss about?

my point stands. you want it because you cant have it. you just want satisfaction. when you get it, chances are you still wont be happy.

as for defending axl, the press and peoples opinions are all rolled into one these days. when i first went online to gnr land, all that negative shit i heard helped form my opinion at that time. it hurts the bands reputation. people are very liable to take what they see on message boards and run with it.

you are, quite literally, a generator of bad press for this band. you want them to get good publicity, good press, but you yourself are the squad leader for a circle that produces the opposite. it makes no sense.

also, axl is not just any celebrity. hes not robert downey jr. who the fuck cares about an actor? i cant understand that. but axls art means a lot to me. and people hate this guy. you apparently havent seen that. i have, in many real life conversations. almost every time i bring up modern gnr, people start bashing axl. it bugs me because his art doesnt get a chance. all the inspiration this guy has given me over the years, no skin off my back to call you and your cronies out on your smear tactics every now and then. its the least i could do.

jaeball, im proud of you. you used to be a fence sitter. at least now you have cemented yourself into being politician x's lap dog. i hope you and ginger king can share that position comfortably. oscar, if youre a good boy you can grow up to be just like them. you can fight the man together. dont stand for this oppression from axl, team brazil, and jarmo! you have your rights!

Great Post  ok

The way to get status among whiny chronic complainers is to be the most negative. To be the one who sees everything in the most negative light, who can whine the most and the loudest? You can only continue to be a part of the group if you can continue to complain

Any attempt to be positive or cheerful will be shot down and optimists will be accused of being a cult member, a pom-pom waver or blind and unrealistic.

I want to focus on what I love about GNR music, my life has been so heavily affected and enhanced by the music and I want to share those experiences with other people that appreciate GNR like I do, and keep up to date with news, read articles etc.

I thought that is what a fan forum was for.

I don't like Bon Jovi but I wouldn't join an online forum full of his fans simply to complain and moan about why I didn't like him and sow discord and toxicity among his fans. Life is too short .

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2015, 06:44:24 AM »

no offense Jarmo, but you have a "parental respect" torward Axl, or even a "parental instinct" in some cases.
You wouldnt say anything against him, even if he did something horribly wrong to you. Just like you'd never say anything wrong to your parents.
You go great lenghts to find meaning in the chaos, and an alibi, for whatever goes wrong.
And I do admire your dedication, and when I meet ya, u seemd like a good/nice guy, but I think you exert great effort to "protect" Axl. Even though he doesnt need "protection"... since thats what he is. Axl. And he can take care of him self (no bad words here can harm him. I believe he's above that).

Nice assumptions.
Keep thinking that's actually factual.  ok  Cheesy

Bottom line is this.... I actually believe in my favorite band who has given me so much joy over the years. Discovering their music, watching MTV hoping their video would come on, sitting on a boring bus ride but being able to listen to GN'R on a walkman, buying their CDs, reading the lyrics trying to understand some of the words used, reading interviews in RIP magazine, going to shows, meeting fellow fans, meeting a bunch of nice people, seeing the world and so on and so on. Some fans seem to forget all that because it's not "objective" or whatever. Instead, it's more of the "I don't like this and that blah blah blah" bullshit... Sad really. But what can you do? They chose that kind of existence for themselves.

Edited to add: When I hear a GN'R song, I don't get frustrated, upset or angry. Same goes for when I see the band on stage. It's not my "go to" or default emotion for GN'R.

/jarmo

I didnt mean to sound agressive. And it was ment to be a compliment. Since we are online, most things we can do is assume (just look at the threads - most of em is assumption). But I didnt pull my assumption out of my ass. Ive "known" you for 15 years, and there is a pattern.

Just like its easy to conclude I go from a rager to 100% supporter, depending if I ate a cookey or not.(and thats mainly due to CD rollercoaster)

I agree with 2nd, 3rd paragraph.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:54:22 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »

But what do you get out of everyone coming on here and treating the place like a place of cult worship?

This is once again where you choose to use certain terms to try to ridicule.
I have a different definition of what I think a fan site is about than some of those who focus on whining.

What do I get out of it? As long as I don't feel ashamed about the site I started over 19 years ago, that's all that matters.
Edited to add: Sorry, should've also added that it's got very little to do with ego. If one fellow fan somewhere in the world finds this site and realizes they're not the only one who shares the same feelings towards GN'R, then that alone makes it all worth it. By the way, those feelings I'm talking about aren't negative.  Tongue

I didnt mean to sound agressive. And it was ment to be a compliment. Since we are online, most things we can do is assume (just look at the threads - most of em is assumption). But I didnt pull my assumption out of my ass. Ive "known" you for 15 years, and there is a pattern.

No worries. No offense taken. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:48:45 AM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »

Great talk... really...just a great thread overall. 

I'll sleep real easy tonight knowing I have ur approval.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:53 AM »

Your point is also inaccurate.  There's not a hell of a lot I can do with a guy that makes his own inaccurate point then lauds himself for how right on it is.

If you are just convinced you have this all figured out, save yourself the typing. 

If you are just going to score your own fights and award yourself the win, save the rest of us having to read it.

Thanks in advance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2015, 09:54:46 AM »

There are how many of us that actually post here?  20?  30?  I'm talking people that post here, not just people with accounts.

Who, exactly, is reading all this "bad press" I'm generating?  I'm curious.  Can you elaborate?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »

Now here, we agree.  It is the least you can do.

It also doesn't matter one whit.  Sorry to break the news.

If you are actually one of those people that think you are going to get the toothpaste back in the tube and get people to "give the art a chance", you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.  Its not going to happen.

I have the same experience you do, with people away from this board.  No one I talk to gives even the slightest fuck about what GNR has done in 20 years.  They don't consider anything Axl has done legitimate, and yes, blame him for the break-up of the band.  This will never change. 

You don't have to agree, obviously.  But if you are under the impression you fighting the good fight on a fan site against a handful of message board posters you don't like is just you doing god's work and really making a difference in the grand scheme...well, you set quite a low bar for labeling something impactful.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »

the bad press thing is quite silly...you are One In A Million D-Gen.... hihi

Most people on here don't care what you think so why in the hell would the rest of the world? Bad press? Really? One poster on a band message board? Aye....the Gnr fanbase is very out of touch with reality.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:50 AM »

the bad press thing is quite silly...you are One In A Million D-Gen.... hihi

Most people on here don't care what you think so why in the hell would the rest of the world? Bad press? Really? One poster on a band message board? Aye....the Gnr fanbase is very out of touch with reality.

Hahahaha

They are, indeed.  I'm one nobody on a severely insulated fan message board read by, at best, the same 30 people.

I don't think I'm really having much impact on the big picture.  That's a pretty strained premise.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »

There are how many of us that actually post here?  20?  30?  I'm talking people that post here, not just people with accounts.

Who, exactly, is reading all this "bad press" I'm generating?  I'm curious.  Can you elaborate?

As someone who runs and moderates a site. I can try to explain it.

If you let a vocal minority run wild, they could turn something into whatever they want. If people go to a site and get the feeling certain things are acceptable, they'll go with it.
Negativity creates more negativity because it's seen as "ok". Maybe even the cool thing to do! Everybody wants to be cool, with an objective honest opinion and not one of those fanboys!

What's stopping these same people from sharing these "honest opinions" elsewhere? And not forgetting that the people who write all these uninformed articles can also Google stuff. They can go on a fan site and read for themselves. Not saying it happens, but I can't deny it never happens either.

Yeah, go ahead. Ridicule me for this "conspiracy" theory.
I'm waiting.

You don't know who reads your posts. After all, membership isn't required to browse.

To me it's just common sense.

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »

As someone who runs and moderates a site. I can try to explain it.

If you let a vocal minority run wild, they could turn something into whatever they want. If people go to a site and get the feeling certain things are acceptable, they'll go with it.
Negativity creates more negativity because it's seen as "ok". Maybe even the cool thing to do! Everybody wants to be cool, with an objective honest opinion and not one of those fanboys!

What's stopping these same people from sharing these "honest opinions" elsewhere? And not forgetting that the people who write all these uninformed articles can also Google stuff. They can go on a fan site and read for themselves. Not saying it happens, but I can't deny it never happens either.

Yeah, go ahead. Ridicule me for this "conspiracy" theory.
I'm waiting.

You don't know who reads your posts. After all, membership isn't required to browse.

To me it's just common sense.

/jarmo

It think that is understandable. Also hard to pull off. Wouldn't want to be in your shoes to be honest.  hihi
Because I think most gnr fans are negative, whether they they support Axl or Not, the result is the same, they are always ready to tear someone appart.

It reminds me of the DAYS OF THE NEW message board, when I used to post there. There where similarities with GNR and people often commented on it.

Travis Meeks, the singer/lead guitarist/songwriter fired the whole gang from the first album and did two albums by himself afterwards. He was said to be a controlling freak, a dictator, all of the things you hear people call Axl.
Posters where always angry, whether they supported Travis or whether they criticized him.
And in his case, things were even more ridiculous. Because he wrote that first album all by himself, all of the vocals, guitar parts, lyrics, even drums. The other dudes where there because he just needed people to play all of the parts he wrote live.

And still, there were very loud people criticizing him.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »

I love that first Days Of The New album.  Very solid.

And yes, there are similarities with Axl and Travis.  Not identical, as Travis was a pretty serious drug addict and seemingly a crazy person.

But the situation is largely the same.  One guy sacked the rest and continued on with a new line-up.  To expect that the universal reaction to that was going to be "sure, whatever you say, Travis" is pretty pie in the sky.  Opinions were going to vary, at best, and be overly negative pretty inevitably.

Much as it is with Axl.  If you have convinced yourself this is all a straight line evolution, nothing to see here...hey, it's your dime.  But to hear these same people then get all snitty when most of the rest of the world disagrees with them?  Good luck unringing that bell.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: