Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 53488 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2015, 06:34:25 PM »

I think releasing more albums would've helped cement the band's identity in the public mind, it would've cemented the sound, and it would've justified for a wider audience the wait. Look at Black Sabbath: That band existed for a decade with only one original member, but you didn't really see the level of hate that the new band gets, because the band continued releasing material steadily and the new lineup(s) were able to establish their own identity and sound in the mainstream.

Ok... You think the "it's not Guns N' Roses" calls would go away by releasing a certain volume of material in a certain timeframe?
I don't agree. That kind of people have made up their minds before hearing one single note of the music.

/jarmo

I think we would get a mixed bag:
The same Haters will always be haters.
4 albums worth of music by the new GNR would have definitely brought more fans. More fans would level the amount of negativity surrounding discussions in forums.

And there's people like me. Conflicted haha.  hihi I was an Axl nut swinger when I first heard he had a new band around 1999-2000. I wanted to hear what he had under his belt, I believed he had a vision. I didnt care about no more Slash and duff because I thought life goes on, its a divorce, not everybody can get along with everybody. I've always been in support of the band, until my interest dropped in the past couple of years seeing there was no follow up to CD. The present situation sucks ass to me, to be honest. Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba leaving, Tommy status unknown. It does suck. I feel like I supported a band that didnt quite deliver?. and then to see everything Axl supposedly worked for scrapped for a reunion? Regarding that Im a bit split in two.

On the one hand I think a reunion would put the final nail in the coffin of New GNR, which I don't think is cool and On the other hand, the new GNR already looks likes its buried six feet under,  so why not revamp the whole thing with the old guys in order to at least have SOMETHING !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »

For me... its simple.

You already stated your opinion about the band.
So taking your comments about what happened after that seriously, is almost impossible.

No matter how much some of you claim to support the band and whatever else, it's hard to take some seriously after they finally come clean about their true feelings....
It's nothing personal. When you got that kind of emotions invested in something, you're obviously not as objective as you try to portray.....

Sorry!

I think we would get a mixed bag:
The same Haters will always be haters.
4 albums worth of music by the new GNR would have definitely brought more fans. More fans would level the amount of negativity surrounding discussions in forums.

How come the band still has a lot of fans who never saw the old band or who never saw GN'R on MTV?
And this is without all those albums released over the years.... Kids still discovered GN'R over the years. They still went to the shows.

I'm not saying new fans wouldn't discover the band if there were more albums out between then and now. Not at all. Because I can't say that. I don't know.

But I also don't agree that what has happened is the worst case scenario as some paint it out as being...

But, keep in mind. A lot, and I do mean a lot, of fans who buy the tickets, buy the albums and t-shirts, do not go visit fan sites. They'll spend money on products, but they're not necessarily as emotionally invested in the band and its members as some of us might be.

Take any massive band, chances are at their concerts most people aren't there because of their latest album. People are always suspicious of anything new and different.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2015, 06:48:14 PM »

Ok... You think the "it's not Guns N' Roses" calls would go away by releasing a certain volume of material in a certain timeframe?

Not that they'd go away entirely...But I think it would've silenced a good chunk of the haters. The long wait and lack of material only seemed to give credence to their theories. Not only that, but consider if Guns were say, on their 4th, 5th or 6th album post Slash...He'd be a memory now. There'd of course be some still who'd say "IT'S NOT GN'R", but I think that number would be much, much smaller then it is now, and their arguments would hold a lot less credibility with the mainstream.

That kind of people have made up their minds before hearing one single note of the music.

This I totally agree with. Some yes. But I think for others, less material sort of solidified any doubts they already had. You know? If Axl came back in '99 with an album, just three years after Slash left, I think it would've shut a lot of people up. And by this point in time, even if they didn't like it, they would've more easily accepted the situation.

Now, I'm not saying you wouldn't be happier about the band with more music out.

The first time I heard a new Guns song was in early 2002 when I got a CD boot of RiR3 and I was blown away by the new songs and I wanted as much new stuff as possible. I was nuts over the new band, I went and I attended the MSG show. I still had for years the shirt I bought there. So yeah, for me, I was on board early on with the new band. I still have my VHS tape of the VMA performance.

Sometimes it's easier to say things like "this would make everything better" than "this would make everything better for me, I don't know about the rest of the world".
What I don't get is the people who are so into the idea of the band succeeding and being successful, but they're often the ones who keep putting them down every chance they get.

Because honestly, it's frustrating to see what could have been vs. what is, and what has been. Axl is an amazingly talented guy. He surrounded himself with really talented guys. I wish we'd gotten more out of that. Especially when all the stories indicate there were two albums' worth of material recorded before 2000.

You want more albums? Great. How come you're the one who keeps going on about how the last one was such a failure?
You want the band to be respected and known? Well, how come you spend most of your time on fan sites complaining about the same band?

That's the part I don't get.... Smiley

Again, frustration. Frustration with the way the rollout was handled, with so much wasted time, with the silence, the status quo as it stands. A lot of frustration with what is, especially when what could've been seems like it might've been pretty amazing. I've tried my best getting new people into the new band. I've done my bit in the way of support. And I feel like such efforts honestly go unappreciated. Not just my own personal efforts but I mean efforts on the parts of even more die hard fans. I feel like, any bit of constructive criticism is thought of as hatred, when really, it's cause I want Axl on top again. I want this band to have an identity separate from the old band. I want more material to share with people and to just plainly enjoy. It's just a frustrating and at times depressing situation.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »

Not that they'd go away entirely...But I think it would've silenced a good chunk of the haters. The long wait and lack of material only seemed to give credence to their theories. Not only that, but consider if Guns were say, on their 4th, 5th or 6th album post Slash...He'd be a memory now. There'd of course be some still who'd say "IT'S NOT GN'R", but I think that number would be much, much smaller then it is now, and their arguments would hold a lot less credibility with the mainstream.

I don't get how that would change their opinion... I mean, their guy still wouldn't be in the band and they'd still believe it was all Axl's fault....

For years all we heard was "they need to release that album". Then they did. And that was followed by "they need to play shows". That happened.
It was never enough. There was always something more they needed to do to make these people happy....

If Axl came back in '99 with an album, just three years after Slash left, I think it would've shut a lot of people up. And by this point in time, even if they didn't like it, they would've more easily accepted the situation.

Well, maybe but the break up would still be fresh so it'd still be "Slash isn't on the album".....

Because honestly, it's frustrating to see what could have been vs. what is, and what has been. Axl is an amazingly talented guy. He surrounded himself with really talented guys. I wish we'd gotten more out of that. Especially when all the stories indicate there were two albums' worth of material recorded before 2000.

Sure.
But when you're taking those frustrations out only on the man himself and the band, it's like you think it's not frustrating for them?

Think about it. Do you think Axl likes to talk about things he'd like to do only to find out it can't be done? You don't think it's frustrating for him to want the album out, and then realize it won't happen and get called all kinds of names from his so called fans?

Remember those tours last year and the year before? Great times. Except for a chosen few who labeled them "pointless". They just want an album.
You think it's that easy? Of course not. They want an album written and recorded by the people they choose....

It never ends. The frustration.

The same stuff happens all the time and it's the same kind of people. 2006 was crap. No new album, same setlist and so on. But ask them now and they'll say 2006 was pretty exciting!
It's like the present always sucks, but when the present is the past, then your opinion on it is allowed to change....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »

And were you disappointed in December 2009? May 2006?

/jarmo

In 2006... no. Since we had still not even heard the album... I had yet to have any real appreciation for Buckethead, because to me he was just a freak with a KFC bucket on his head playing with his nun-chucks at the show...

In 2009... losing Robin was a blow, but I guess I was still in that next man up mode...and by all accounts DJ Ashba we were told was a great addition because of his song writing chops! So that had my interest, but Axl apparently never showed any interest in his work.

If in 2016 or 17 or 18 or whenever... to now have to replace both lead spots again, and possibly the bass player... (assuming Duff doesn't' come back)... that's a completely different band all at once... with no new songs..

How could anybody WANT that? Or be anywhere near their first choice... Please spare me the it's not our choice routine...we get it.

You asked, there's my answer.

So I hope Axl releases his album so we hear the left overs, but as for the next GNR concert goes...give me Slash/Duff or Robin... New guys... disappointment.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »

For me... its simple.

You already stated your opinion about the band.
So taking your comments about what happened after that seriously, is almost impossible.

No matter how much some of you claim to support the band and whatever else, it's hard to take some seriously after they finally come clean about their true feelings....
It's nothing personal. When you got that kind of emotions invested in something, you're obviously not as objective as you try to portray.....

Sorry!

So im not a guns n roses fan?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »

what i dont get is, if you didnt love cd, why are you still hanging on? ax already said it would be more of the same. why complain and beg for something that you are very likely not going to like? more of the same. the second half of cd. why would you like the second half if you didnt like the first half?

people want what they cant have. its like with girls. you chase that pussy around like a madman and when you finally get it, meh. no big deal. time to go eat a sandwich and watch tv. its the same exact situation. i can see why ax would rather drag the foreplay out as long as he can. with cd it was like someone begging to hump a girl for years and then prematurely ejaculating the moment they stuck it in. you want to get laid again after that? good luck.

and to top it all off, you act like a bunch of needy suitors. ax, where are you? we need an update! what are you doing? who are you with? when will we see you again? then when he doesnt answer the texts it's "fuck you! i never liked you anyway!.... im sorry, i didnt mean that. but please, just talk to me..."

its really funny to watch. i bet he's in the bar laughing with his buddies about it, dancing, drinking, having a good time, while you're at home pouting.

you dont want my love, no no you wanna sati satisfaction. you dont need my love. youve got to find yourself another, another piece another piece of the action. youre crazy

now i know you better, you know i know better. now we all know better!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:07:04 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

what i dont get is, if you didnt love cd, why are you still hanging on? ax already said it would be more of the same. why complain and beg for something that you are very likely not going to like? more of the same. the second half of cd. why would you like the second half if you didnt like the first half?

people want what they cant have. its like with girls. you chase that pussy around like a madman and when you finally get it, meh. no big deal. time to go eat a sandwich and watch tv. its the same exact situation. i can see why ax would rather drag the foreplay out as long as he can. with cd it was like someone begging to hump a girl for years and then prematurely ejaculating the moment they stuck it in. you want to get laid again after that? good luck.

and to top it all off, you act like a bunch of needy suitors. ax, where are you? we need an update! what are you doing? who are you with? when will we see you again? then when he doesnt answer the texts it's "fuck you! i never liked you anyway!.... im sorry, i didnt mean that. but please, just talk to me..."

its really funny to watch. i bet he's in the bar laughing with his buddies about it, dancing, drinking, having a good time, while you're at home pouting.

you dont want my love, no no you wanna sati satisfaction. you dont need my love. youve got to find yourself another, another piece another piece of the action. youre crazy

FWIW i couldnt give a toss if CD2 or remix albums never see the light of day.

I just want to see a version of the classic line up play again.. and release new music. I dont think wanting that is any different to anyone else wanting CD2 or remixes or just to see Axl perform.. its all a want.. no matter how far away each one is.

Also, ive never called Axl a name in my life. Dont confuse the fact that just because there is regular posters on this board.. that they arent going on and living their own lives for the other 23.5 hrs of their day. I generally only post in work time. Because its convenient helps pass the time whilst talking about my favorite band, outside of that... i assume others are doing the same.

Nobody is sitting in their room crying about this shit 24/7.. i think thats a rather large stretch to make to sound clever.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »

I just want to see a version of the classic line up play again.. and release new music. I dont think wanting that is any different to anyone else wanting CD2 or remixes or just to see Axl perform.. its all a want.. no matter how far away each one is.

Also, ive never called Axl a name in my life. Dont confuse the fact that just because there is regular posters on this board.. that they arent going on and living their own lives for the other 23.5 hrs of their day. I generally only post in work time. Because its convenient helps pass the time whilst talking about my favorite band, outside of that... i assume others are doing the same.

Nobody is sitting in their room crying about this shit 24/7.. i think thats a rather large stretch to make to sound clever.

it was an allegory bud. pouting in your rooms was another way of saying whining on the internet. and i disagree about the level of obsession. day in and day out, like a bunch of broken records... at the very least it is a destructive way to spend your time. it does real damage to the bands reputation. it also reveals a degree of neediness. neediness is not a desirable trait and is often a sign of an unhappy person.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2015, 10:34:36 PM »

'

bahahaha, great post.  hihi Except that for people who did like CHidem, Axl did say there would be 3 albums a long time ago, that's why I come back from time to time..

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »

Does this make a lot of sense, really?

You think there are people that choose to post at this particular board that didn't like the album?  We have a handful, a literal handful.  Other sites have far more.  But if you are choosing to post here, let's be honest.  You've made a lot of peace with a lot of stuff.  And hating CD is probably not really a thing for you.

Although I don't agree with the mindset (or even respect it, to be honest) I'm certainly not blind to the notion some have that people are to sit quietly in the corner.    To take the mere morsels we are given and pretend its the feast of a lifetime.

Yet even as you chide us for being bad fans or what have you, is it really in the context of not wanting another album?  You really see a lot of that present at this site?

Or are you just unhappy with how people might express their frustration, up to and including the fact you probably think even having such feelings is totally out of line?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2015, 11:43:47 PM »

Dont confuse the fact that just because there is regular posters on this board.. that they arent going on and living their own lives for the other 23.5 hrs of their day. I generally only post in work time. Because its convenient helps pass the time whilst talking about my favorite band, outside of that... i assume others are doing the same.

Definitely one of the flimsier arguments you will see on a message board.

Whenever someone goes down that road at a board, regardless what the board's stated topic is, I always think the same thing.  They probably wouldn't have to reach for that tactic if there was a fact based argument that refuted what they didn't like hearing.

In our case, if you don't like hearing people talk about all the wasted time and lack of activity, you damn sure can't claim its all made up and the band is really super active and prolific.  So the question itself becomes criminalized.  You must just be some loser that thinks about this all the time.  What a dork you are.  Yeah, that's the ticket. 

Please.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2015, 12:19:13 AM »

it was an allegory bud. pouting in your rooms was another way of saying whining on the internet. and i disagree about the level of obsession. day in and day out, like a bunch of broken records... at the very least it is a destructive way to spend your time. it does real damage to the bands reputation. it also reveals a degree of neediness. neediness is not a desirable trait and is often a sign of an unhappy person.

Agreed, some of these "fans" that like to brag about being "open minded" are in reality only disgruntled, butthurt whiners parroting each other's displeasure as if it were some new original thought and projecting their toxic negativity onto the band.

It's especially fun to watch them turn into e-experts and armchair quarterbacks offering unsolicited amateur advice about situations and business decisions that they don't even have the correct details for.

It is laughable how seriously some take themselves  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »

In 2006... no. Since we had still not even heard the album... I had yet to have any real appreciation for Buckethead, because to me he was just a freak with a KFC bucket on his head playing with his nun-chucks at the show...

In 2009... losing Robin was a blow, but I guess I was still in that next man up mode...and by all accounts DJ Ashba we were told was a great addition because of his song writing chops! So that had my interest, but Axl apparently never showed any interest in his work.

If in 2016 or 17 or 18 or whenever... to now have to replace both lead spots again, and possibly the bass player... (assuming Duff doesn't' come back)... that's a completely different band all at once... with no new songs..

How could anybody WANT that? Or be anywhere near their first choice... Please spare me the it's not our choice routine...we get it.

So I hope Axl releases his album so we hear the left overs, but as for the next GNR concert goes...give me Slash/Duff or Robin... New guys... disappointment.

Nobody said it's necessarily the first option on anybody's mind.

But complaining about it is kinda weird to me considering the option. No GN'R.
If your idea of a better option than continuing is that Dj Ashba ended GN'R by leaving, then I just don't agree.

Are you?
You pretty much made it clear already that you're a fan of what was until the mid-90s and you're interested in whatever Axl does.

/jarmo

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »

well, objectively speaking
"fan" is not a good psychological trait.
a "fan" detaches part of his personality and invests it in a person who he does not know.
he continues to idealize/glorify that person,
creating conflicts whenever the "idol" does not live up to expectations.

to overcome this paradox of a "flawed idol", there's few ways of coping(of which some can go terribly wrong)

1st- thinking that the person "betrayed" you, since he/she is not acting how you want them to act, and directing rage torward your idol
(Chapman stereotype)

2nd - is religious following of the "idol", not different from following Muhamed, or the Church, by patching loopholes in elaborate ways to preserve your projection of the ideal... thus alleviating your self from the "rage"
(Stalker stereotype, a guy who will say its ok Priests are pedophiles)

3rd - is mimicking; Greatest way of showing affection is mimicking. A person will go such lengths to become as close to the object of affection, that he/she starts to mimic him/her.  This can also go wrong, since the person may actually believe that "he/she" is closer to the ideal, than the actual figure of worship. A deranged person would try to replace the original)

so y...
all people here are fans. Its just hard being a healthy one.

no offense Jarmo, but you have a "parental respect" torward Axl, or even a "parental instinct" in some cases.
You wouldnt say anything against him, even if he did something horribly wrong to you. Just like you'd never say anything wrong to your parents.
You go great lenghts to find meaning in the chaos, and an alibi, for whatever goes wrong.
And I do admire your dedication, and when I meet ya, u seemd like a good/nice guy, but I think you exert great effort to "protect" Axl. Even though he doesnt need "protection"... since thats what he is. Axl. And he can take care of him self (no bad words here can harm him. I believe he's above that).

some here are compensating their life through Axl. Hoping his glory will restore/create their own glory.
And when Axl doesnt go "super Sayan", they are pissed, cus they wanted to live through his success (probably for lack of their own).

IMO all of us are same. We invested a part of our lives in GNR, and the forum. For whatever reason, and no matter how we behave (rage, preach, love, excuse), we are all fans. There are no better, or worse fans. We are all the same "Quality", since in some way,... we are all a little deranged, since in some way... we are all compensating our lives through the band.

P.S. this post was not ment to insult anyone. Its point was to say that "None is more fan than sm1 else", and we are all equally deranged for being here.
The important thing is... GNR is obviously a big part of our life. and nobody can argue differently, which makes us all fans (no matter how we cope with it)

p.s. Jarmo, I have a suggestion for ya.
Create a "ragers subforum".  instad of deleting the ragers... just move their posts to that section... so they can vent out. would make a healtier community... since some ragers that got banned, also do make good posts

p.s.p.s. stop with the negative carma on my ass
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:29:58 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »

no offense Jarmo, but you have a "parental respect" torward Axl, or even a "parental instinct" in some cases.
You wouldnt say anything against him, even if he did something horribly wrong to you. Just like you'd never say anything wrong to your parents.
You go great lenghts to find meaning in the chaos, and an alibi, for whatever goes wrong.
And I do admire your dedication, and when I meet ya, u seemd like a good/nice guy, but I think you exert great effort to "protect" Axl. Even though he doesnt need "protection"... since thats what he is. Axl. And he can take care of him self (no bad words here can harm him. I believe he's above that).

Nice assumptions.
Keep thinking that's actually factual.  ok  Cheesy

Bottom line is this.... I actually believe in my favorite band who has given me so much joy over the years. Discovering their music, watching MTV hoping their video would come on, sitting on a boring bus ride but being able to listen to GN'R on a walkman, buying their CDs, reading the lyrics trying to understand some of the words used, reading interviews in RIP magazine, going to shows, meeting fellow fans, meeting a bunch of nice people, seeing the world and so on and so on. Some fans seem to forget all that because it's not "objective" or whatever. Instead, it's more of the "I don't like this and that blah blah blah" bullshit... Sad really. But what can you do? They chose that kind of existence for themselves.

Edited to add: When I hear a GN'R song, I don't get frustrated, upset or angry. Same goes for when I see the band on stage. It's not my "go to" or default emotion for GN'R.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:35:27 AM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2015, 08:57:32 AM »

Nobody said it's necessarily the first option on anybody's mind.

But complaining about it is kinda weird to me considering the option. No GN'R.
If your idea of a better option than continuing is that Dj Ashba ended GN'R by leaving, then I just don't agree.

Are you?
You pretty much made it clear already that you're a fan of what was until the mid-90s and you're interested in whatever Axl does.

/jarmo

I'd rather see Axl move away from GNR and perform under a new name or new project than remake GNR for the 6th time. That's just me, some of you take offense to that idea.. not sure why.

It doesn't matter to me if it says Guns N Roses on the ticket or "Dose motherfuckers" as long as he is performing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »

Does this make a lot of sense, really?

You think there are people that choose to post at this particular board that didn't like the album?  We have a handful, a literal handful.  Other sites have far more.  But if you are choosing to post here, let's be honest.  You've made a lot of peace with a lot of stuff.  And hating CD is probably not really a thing for you.

Although I don't agree with the mindset (or even respect it, to be honest) I'm certainly not blind to the notion some have that people are to sit quietly in the corner.    To take the mere morsels we are given and pretend its the feast of a lifetime.

Yet even as you chide us for being bad fans or what have you, is it really in the context of not wanting another album?  You really see a lot of that present at this site?

Or are you just unhappy with how people might express their frustration, up to and including the fact you probably think even having such feelings is totally out of line?

There are not many people here who don't enjoy Chinese Democracy, so that whole sentiment is ridiculous.

Even some that don't love every song, that's not a crime, and not a reason for them to disappear or not have an interest in what's in store for the future.

For those who truly don't care what happens next or long it takes... as long as Axl Rose is happy... good for you, I applaud you for the ability to care so deeply about a man who you have never met and most likely never will.

Quite frankly the people with same repetitive posts about the whiners and the haters, are just as ridiculous as people with constant complaints. I try to call it like I see it, unfortunately when there's no news, massive defections, no album in sight, the swing tends to go one way.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:45 AM »

I'd rather see Axl move away from GNR and perform under a new name or new project than remake GNR for the 6th time. That's just me, some of you take offense to that idea.. not sure why.

So we're back to the name issue... Even though Axl's explained his point of view, you disagree.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »

So we're back to the name issue... Even though Axl's explained his point of view, you disagree.

/jarmo

Not back to anything... I'm stating my preference, nothing to do with disagreeing with the all mighty.

I think it would be cool as fuck to see Axl in a new band, playing songs from his entire history, without the weight of the past. A new band with a new identity of it's own that doesn't feel the need to rely on 25 year old GNR songs for the majority of the setlist.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: