Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 215008 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »

Eddie Trunk ‏@EddieTrunk  58m58 minutes ago
Eddie Trunk retweeted Eric
I have said consistently it's a reunion too big not to happen and I think it will at some point.  Eddie Trunk added,
Eric @ericzstacey
@EddieTrunk Did you catch the news about Axl and Slash talking?

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »

I wonder how much drastic Axl needs to be to be taken seriously...

he used terms like ''cancer'', said ''zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush'', that he would not reunite with Slash ''not in this lifetime'', and stated that ''he should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.''

but people still believe in the words of a confirmed mythomane, a man who have lied even in his own autobiography...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »

It boggles the mind that people would hate to see the original and/or most popular lineup of the band, the one that, you know, actually produced music, getting back together.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 03:06:50 PM »

Will you still support Axl if he decides to reunite with Slash?

I've supported Axl since the day I became a fan of the band.

Regarding this news, I wonder what made the reporter ask...  Was something lost in translation?

Exactly, that's what I believe.  I don't believe for a second that Slash and Axl have spoken, regardless of how that was worded.  It's wayyyy too easy to translate something the wrong way, or misquote something when writing it down and then reprinting it on the internet.

I'll wait for much, much more reliable sources before believing this.

Yeah, things tend to get taken out of context a lot.
Let's see if there's any clarification on the subject in the future. We all remember the CBS interview and how that was blown out of proportion.

Friends? Who knows. Less frosty relationship than, say a decade ago? Who knows.
It's all relative and without knowing the details, it's a bit tough to jump to conclusions based on that one sentence..... Some have already jumped to all kinds of conclusions....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »

Regarding this news, I wonder what made the reporter ask...  Was something lost in translation?

Exactly, that's what I believe.  I don't believe for a second that Slash and Axl have spoken, regardless of how that was worded.  It's wayyyy too easy to translate something the wrong way, or misquote something when writing it down and then reprinting it on the internet.

Let's see if there's any clarification on the subject in the future. We all remember the CBS interview and how that was blown out of proportion.

It's all relative and without knowing the details, it's a bit tough to jump to conclusions based on that one sentence..... Some have already jumped to all kinds of conclusions....

/jarmo

The CBS interview you speak of was followed by the news that DJ had quit and the confirmation that BBF had left...it wasn't exactly shot down.
Princess Leia
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

There's a video with the interview of Slash himself saying they're speaking. Not a reprint of text.

Maybe I missed it but when exactly in the interview does Slash say that he has spoken with Axl?

Well Slash says "it was way overdue" and "it?s very cool at this point". It sounds to me that there was at least the words I?m sorry" between them. Of course that doesn?t mean they party together everyday
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »

It boggles the mind that people would hate to see the original and/or most popular lineup of the band, the one that, you know, actually produced music, getting back together.

Who would hate that? Do not confuse supporting the current lineup with hating the original, one doesn't equal the other.

There are probably a few out there, but I have seldom encountered them.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »

There's a video with the interview of Slash himself saying they're speaking. Not a reprint of text.

Maybe I missed it but when exactly in the interview does Slash say that he has spoken with Axl?

Well Slash says "it was way overdue" and "it?s very cool at this point". It sounds to me that there was at least the words I?m sorry" between them. Of course that doesn?t mean they party together everyday

I'm not ruling it out, but we're filling in some blanks here.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 03:16:27 PM »

The CBS interview you speak of was followed by the news that DJ had quit and the confirmation that BBF had left...it wasn't exactly shot down.

It was blown out of proportion. That whole "never say never" thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 03:18:10 PM »

I see it happening.  Here is why...in almost every situation these older bands get back together.  Not all members but, faith no more, Van halen, Zeppelin, M?tley Cr?e, etc.
Plus, axl lost two guitarists and it's been so many years.  Slash has done his own thing, Axl proved he could keep the name GnR and still make it work well, and now it seems the right time.  
I say: slash, axl, duff (tommy already doesn't mind) izzy (maybe) and frank, dizzy, and fortis!  It won't be Adler.
I see slash and axl NOT making a new album, but maybe axl releases unreleased Chinese songs two or three years from now, probably not playing them live....

I firmly believe Axl will tour with GNR regardless of who is in the band so as far as DJ and Bumble leaving, he just replaces them like he has replaced all the other 25 members... Lol.
Bottom line, axl ain't done.  Who is gonna be the "replacements". Hehe
Love this band.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:23:51 PM by gunsbetterthanever » Logged

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »

There have been several lineups that "actually produced music".

I don't think anyone here would hate to see any lineup getting back together.

You are clearly not aware of what loyal supportive fans are.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »

/jarmo

That CBS interview was the first week in May of this year, wasnt closely followed by the DJ/BBF departure at all.

What was there to shoot down simply because some chose to blow it all out of proportion?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2015, 03:36:07 PM »

It was blown out of proportion. That whole "never say never" thing.

/jarmo

i don't know if it was blown out of proportions. I think it was just the kind of proportions an argument like that, coming from Slash, would end up.. and i think the artist knew it would, at least he should..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »

Why are the Slash "haters" so quick to shoot this down, yet, whenever Fortis, Frank or others state there will be an album, they are VERY quick to believe them?Huh?? It boggles my mind. If you are a fan of this band, you should love hearing this news. At least they made peace with each other.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2015, 03:53:49 PM »

First, I suggest some of you stop using the term haters about fans of GN'R. Considering how sensitive some of you are when lesser terms are used against those of you who don't even like GN'R today...

Second, all people are saying is that you need to be careful about this kind of news.
Some are acting like the reunion is a done deal now (not necessarily here, but on the Interwebs).

/jarmo

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2015, 04:03:53 PM »

Jarmo, it's  true, though. For years, I've seen people -yourself included- bash Slash for no reason except that Axl didn't like him.  You gal and guys had no reason to do so. For those that have supported both Axl and Slash, it has been frustrating. Even today, there are people in this thread that have tried to put their own spin and say "well Slash didn't say that we're friends a reporter said it" yada yada yada.

I think it's great that both of them can finally let it go. I  just wish that some "fans" would do  the  same. 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »

Why are the Slash "haters" so quick to shoot this down, yet, whenever Fortis, Frank or others state there will be an album, they are VERY quick to believe them?Huh?? It boggles my mind. If you are a fan of this band, you should love hearing this news. At least they made peace with each other.

maybe because Slash has a very long history of lies and Richard and Frank do not?

It would be nice to know Axl made peace with Slash, but everything Axl has said in the past points to another path.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »

/jarmo

Not really.

Bbf had already been gone almost a year before the interview came out....and everyone pretty much knew it.

Dj left almost 3 months after the interview came out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »

History of lies?Huh Says who: You. Please gimme a break! How many times have we heard about an album being worked on only to find out that  nothing has been done?  

Fact is all of GNR members have lied. They all caused the self-destruction of the band.  I'm just glad to see that it's finally over. Maybe now  Guns N' Roses can be a productive band.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 04:20:20 PM »

You seem to confuse some things..

Even if I'm not confident this news is 100% accurate, doesn't mean I don't want it to be.

I would love it if Axl and Slash are on talking terms again.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: