Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140476 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »

Is that solo at the end of TWAT embarrassing.....give me a break. That solo in IRS? For fuck's sake.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »

I've never said Bucket couldn't play. I've always said his get-up never fit GnR and it was embarrassing having to explain him to the casual fan.

Just reasoning to why some people would have liked to see him in GNR again. I don't think anybody would like to see him back just for his appearance, but his skills on the guitar outweighs that for some people.

For others like you, it's too much, and that's cool.

The point I made about your tirade was that you were lecturing people on being decent to a band member leaving, which I totally agree with. It would have had more credibility if you hadn't in the same breath "crucified" another former member.

There were some funny bits in there though, I'll give you that.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »

Axl's own appeance in 2002 was just as much a freak show as Bucket. Long braids, jerseys.....it was a weird time but in the end, we got some pretty killer music out of it, and I think we are on the cusp of getting more of the same. ok

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »

I've never said Bucket couldn't play. I've always said his get-up never fit GnR and it was embarrassing having to explain him to the casual fan.

His look might not have fit, but I'd take his Nightrain solos over any of the bands guitar players.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

I will be deleting all of Sixx AM's music from my phone!  ok
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »

A classy way to leave,DJ deserves credit for that,no bitchin,no moanin just a desire to move on with his career.

There isnt and never has been a new album in my view,ive always though this its fantasy to suggest people would buy the off cuts of a protracted recording sessions from years ago from a marketing point of view it just wasnt on.

So thanks for the memories DJ cracking concerts that live long in the memory,that silly hat and at times questionable guitar playing,but for all that giving the line up a sense of fun,i wonder now what happenes Axl is clearly enjoying the time off he's earned it 6 years on the road is a long time and he needs to recharge,i suspect though the reunion will happen and much sooner than before,money is powerful and they aint getting any younger it makes sense they could all comfortably retire on the back of a tour like that,quite probably more than a new album could muster giving the depressed sales of music now.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »

Apparently this is still a band?  Huh

If Axl wants to do anything truly great and meaningful with whats left of his career.... hes got one play... mend fences and get the originals back together and do one last album and tour it.

The thing is.. when axl first went missing.. he was in his late 20s... he had time up his sleeve to piss away a few years.. hes 53 now??? He cant afford to be pissing away years now.. he's running out of time if he wants to deliver great performances.

Maybe a reunion isnt as hard now as it seems.. Adler would jump at it and forgive Axl in a heart beat. Duff is on good terms with him now anyway... Izzy too? The final hurdle as always is getting Slash and Axl to sort there stuff out.

All the little signs have pointed towards this where its heading...

Personally.. im not interested in new players coming in.. im not interested in anyone coming in from guns 2.0... 3.0 ... etc etc

Time for Axl to man up now.. and sort his personal issues out or else its never gonna happen.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »

Axl has a career managing the Gnr business if he never does a damn thing.....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:48:57 PM by sky dog » Logged

The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »

No body can blame DJ for his exit. What exactly did he exit ? I think we all know !!
He has no doubt achieved what he hoped by joining GNR in the first place.
Good luck to him !
All this talk of maybe Slash/Robin/bucket/reunion is crap...IMO

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »

Why in the hell are there still people begging for Finck/Buckethead.

Finck was decent at best.  Buckethead? Are you serious? Can any one of you say with a straight face that you want to go to a GnR show to watch a guy with a f'n fried chicken bucket on his head?  What a joke.

What we just had for the last 6 years were some of the best concerts any of us had ever been to. The line-up as it stood was brilliant. As I see it we've now lost two core members of the band this year so far. Say what you want about back stage politics, who had creative input etc, but when it came to on stage that band shared the stage equally, busted their asses off and gave a million and ten percent every damned night.

And now it seems like half of the posts on this board are from a bunch of ungrateful Finck and Buckethead fans, not GnR fans.

It's also amazing how so many of the "hardcore" fans are so quick to dismiss or outright shit all over a member of the band once they leave and pine for their own personal choice. I wouldn't doubt if deep down a part of why GnR members have left in the last 10 years isn't just due to band issues, but the ungrateful pricks in the stands that wait for them to make one mistake so they can rip them to shreds.

To not only DJ but Ron also, thank you for your dedication to the band and the fans. All the best to both of you and you'll be deeply missed by many of us. Kindly disregard the ever-present trolls.

As a fan I can only hope for the best for the band going forward.

And that any idiot that clamors for the guy with the bucket to come back to the band will be round up, bound, gagged, stuffed into a cannon and fired into a brick wall at high velocity.

Oh......*ahem*......Hey J-man!!  Hope all is well Cheesy

You know... Bucket was once in GNR. Aren't you doing the exact thing to him as you accuse others of doing to Dj? Or is it a set time that has to pass before you can start shitting all over them?

Say what you will about his appearance, but the man can play.

Yeah, he's doing the same thing.

I used to be with him on Buckethead.  But it was only based on his bizarre appearance.  

But once you heard the material, the guy was awesome.  I'll agree I'm not super pumped about the lead guitarist for my favorite band that gives interviews via hand puppet.  But talent wise, he was better than Ron and DJ obviously can't shine his shoes when it comes to ability.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »

Axl's own appeance in 2002 was just as much a freak show as Bucket. Long braids, jerseys.....it was a weird time but in the end, we got some pretty killer music out of it, and I think we are on the cusp of getting more of the same. ok

True.  And weird sounding vocals.

That whole line-up was probably too much, too fast in terms of Axl's look, Bucket's look, Robin's look.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »

His look might not have fit, but I'd take his Nightrain solos over any of the bands guitar players.

Yeah, a true standout.

And I think the best 'Madagascar's are when he was in the band.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »

Axl has a career managing the Gnr business if he never does a damn thing.....

I hope you are just having a laugh.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »

The thing is.. when axl first went missing.. he was in his late 20s... he had time up his sleeve to piss away a few years.. hes 53 now??? He cant afford to be pissing away years now.. he's running out of time if he wants to deliver great performances.

Maybe a reunion isnt as hard now as it seems.. Adler would jump at it and forgive Axl in a heart beat. Duff is on good terms with him now anyway... Izzy too? The final hurdle as always is getting Slash and Axl to sort there stuff out.

Axl would have to swallow a lot of pride.  Never been his strong suit.

And what of Team Brazil? At best, they would have to manage in cooperation with the other guys people.  Is that even possible?

It would take some serious stars aligning, on several levels.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »

Axl would have to swallow a lot of pride.  Never been his strong suit.

And what of Team Brazil? At best, they would have to manage in cooperation with the other guys people.  Is that even possible?

It would take some serious stars aligning, on several levels.

You had me on the first line  Wink

Not only swallowing pride... But Does Axl really have the balls to tell the beta and co "I am doing this... and this is the way its going to be" Huh That's the big part. Because if the beta says.. No Axl... its not happening.. then at this stage... based on history.. its not happening.

On another point... will i be abused for stating that Axl or TB should be making some sort of public statement about what their intentions are??? Or does Axl still owe us nothing?  Cheesy

I think ill have to go on living my life... and all that..  ok
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »

I had it in my head that this DJ fella was going to be with Axl for a really long time , so even though it's not surprising considering the history of turnover , I thought this guy was going to be there till the end.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »

I also just really think a big takeaway from this should be ...

Why make a definitive break unless DJ knows a) there's no chance of
New music or b ) Axl has plans with former band mates

Otherwise he can go do six AM and then come back in to the GNR fold afterwards

Why close the door unless he knows something ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »

I also just really think a big takeaway from this should be ...

Why make a definitive break unless DJ knows a) there's no chance of
New music or b ) Axl has plans with former band mates

Otherwise he can go do six AM and then come back in to the GNR fold afterwards

Why close the door unless he knows something ?

You forgot option C).. Axl is done??

I agree though.. DJ has obviously had chats with Axl and spoken about what he wants to do.. what the future of guns is as Axl sees it.. and DJ has decided that its best for him to go do his Sixx am thing..

The only question that needs answering is.. what does Axl see as the future of guns?? And if he isn't done... then how far down the line is he REALLY at with his plans for guns?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »

Jaeball...I think he knows something.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »

Maybe he knows the next release will be CD2, featuring Robin/Bucket/Brain.

Instead of touring that album next year, he chose Sixx:am.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: