Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 140484 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »

Yes, but by echoing the sentiment it kinda says out as well.

But is there still any real doubt as to this anyway??

2% maybe.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mortismurphy
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »

It is a bit vague. Ron could be focusing on Ashba ('six years of amazing unforgettable experiences to cherish') with the 'em...next chapter' bit referring to Sixx AM. He could however be referring to Ashba and GN'R, wishing both Ashba well (with SIXX AM) and GN'R well with whatever they decide to do in the future. If I had to guess, it would be the former.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »

Who really cares what Ron's take is? The only thing we know for certain is DJ clearly said he is leaving the band, and Ron has not. I wouldn't try to decipher any hidden messages in Ron's tweet and just take it for what its worth.

mortismurphy
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »

Who really cares what Ron's take is? The only thing we know for certain is DJ clearly said he is leaving the band, and Ron has not. I wouldn't try to decipher any hidden messages in Ron's tweet and just take it for what its worth.

I'm not trying to 'decipher hidden messages'. I'm trying to interpret it for what is actually implied! He clearly must be referring to some body of people by using 'em'. People are just trying to work out who he is referring to here.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »

Since Dj just went ahead and announced his leaving, I can assume there's nothing from management or Axl that prohibits a member to do this.

Since Ron hasn't done that yet, it makes you wonder if he's keeping his options open until he has to give a definite answer about his status to GN'R. If the plan is to release something next year, Ron may have thought last year: "OK, I'll focus on my solo career for now, let's see where I am with that in two years".

Sweetness is a virtue
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »

I always got the impression DJ and Axl had become close. What I enjoyed most about DJ on stage was that he connected with Axl on stage in a way that other members don't. There was an ease to there on stage relationship much like when Izzy & Duff do guest spots.

Any interview I see with DJ prior to May this year reads so positively. Even his "hiatus" comment.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »

Wow, must say I was not expecting this today.  Found out first reading Rolling Stone online.  Liked what DJ brought to the band and would have loved to see what he could do with Axl.  

Do you think Axl feels like these guys are abandoning him?  We don't know what Axl and TB told Ron or DJ when the joined, but I'd think they were led to believe their role would not be limited to touring musician.  In that regard, Axl can't blame anyone for moving on.  I get that Axl has the right to do things on his terms and doesn't owe anyone anything, but when you leave by that, you'll have to also deal with the repercussions.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:27 PM »

Any interview I see with DJ prior to May this year reads so positively. Even his "hiatus" comment.

With Sixx:AM announcing their plans, he could've been given an "ultimatum" from the rest of the guys in that band, "Let's all commit 100% to this band, are you with us on this?".

When the band members seemingly are kept in the dark about GNR's plans, I guess that made the choice much easier for Dj.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2015, 05:36:39 PM »

If Sixx AM is any indication, I do NOT want to know what DJ and Axl would have done together...same with Bumblefoot....their individual projects are not remotely my style of rock and roll.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

It's a shame that you can't even mourn the departure of a leading band member of your favourite band on what Is considered the main GN'R fan board!

Just goes to show how disjointed this fan base is. Perhaps a reunion may at least bring some unity.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »

Robin Please !!!

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »

Just goes to show how disjointed this fan base is. Perhaps a reunion may at least bring some unity.

There are people out there totally against that, weirdly.

Reunion is a wet dream which, unfortunately, will always stay a dream I think.

To me, I'll be happy as long as Axl gets out there again. He is after all my favorite member of any GNR line-up.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2015, 05:48:16 PM »

It's a shame that you can't even mourn the departure of a leading band member of your favourite band on what Is considered the main GN'R fan board!

Why would I mourn a guy who never contributed to writing one Gnr original track? I didn't mourn Gilby's departure either...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

I leave the country for 5 days and come back to this?

Good thing I didn't stay in Seattle any longer.

Guns still has one guitar player....   Right???

This is a shame as I was just warming up to DJ...   He was really good for the band.

Band...

Its a Shame
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2015, 05:52:14 PM »

Why in the hell are there still people begging for Finck/Buckethead.

Finck was decent at best.  Buckethead? Are you serious? Can any one of you say with a straight face that you want to go to a GnR show to watch a guy with a f'n fried chicken bucket on his head?  What a joke.

What we just had for the last 6 years were some of the best concerts any of us had ever been to. The line-up as it stood was brilliant. As I see it we've now lost two core members of the band this year so far. Say what you want about back stage politics, who had creative input etc, but when it came to on stage that band shared the stage equally, busted their asses off and gave a million and ten percent every damned night.

And now it seems like half of the posts on this board are from a bunch of ungrateful Finck and Buckethead fans, not GnR fans.

It's also amazing how so many of the "hardcore" fans are so quick to dismiss or outright shit all over a member of the band once they leave and pine for their own personal choice. I wouldn't doubt if deep down a part of why GnR members have left in the last 10 years isn't just due to band issues, but the ungrateful pricks in the stands that wait for them to make one mistake so they can rip them to shreds.

To not only DJ but Ron also, thank you for your dedication to the band and the fans. All the best to both of you and you'll be deeply missed by many of us. Kindly disregard the ever-present trolls.

As a fan I can only hope for the best for the band going forward.

And that any idiot that clamors for the guy with the bucket to come back to the band will be round up, bound, gagged, stuffed into a cannon and fired into a brick wall at high velocity.

Oh......*ahem*......Hey J-man!!  Hope all is well Cheesy

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:38 PM »

Guns still has one guitar player....   Right???

There're gonna be some busy concerts for Richard coming up. He's got lots of parts to cover.  nervous

Sweetness is a virtue
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »

This would be a good time for Axl to say something....anything really as it pertains to the future of GN'R.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »

Finck was decent at best.  Buckethead? Are you serious? Can any one of you say with a straight face that you want to go to a GnR show to watch a guy with a f'n fried chicken bucket on his head?  What a joke.

What we just had for the last 6 years were some of the best concerts any of us had ever been to. The line-up as it stood was brilliant. As I see it we've now lost two core members of the band this year so far. Say what you want about back stage politics, who had creative input etc, but when it came to on stage that band shared the stage equally, busted their asses off and gave a million and ten percent every damned night.

And now it seems like half of the posts on this board are from a bunch of ungrateful Finck and Buckethead fans, not GnR fans.

It's also amazing how so many of the "hardcore" fans are so quick to dismiss or outright shit all over a member of the band once they leave and pine for their own personal choice. I wouldn't doubt if deep down a part of why GnR members have left in the last 10 years isn't just due to band issues, but the ungrateful pricks in the stands that wait for them to make one mistake so they can rip them to shreds.

To not only DJ but Ron also, thank you for your dedication to the band and the fans. All the best to both of you and you'll be deeply missed by many of us. Kindly disregard the ever-present trolls.

And that any idiot that clamors for the guy with the bucket to come back to the band will be round up, bound, gagged, stuffed into a cannon and fired into a brick wall at high velocity.

You know... Bucket was once in GNR. Aren't you doing the exact thing to him as you accuse others of doing to Dj? Or is it a set time that has to pass before you can start shitting all over them?

Say what you will about his appearance, but the man can play.

I'm not defending anybody turning on Dj here, I don't get it either.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »

I agree with some, don't agree with some...but my goodness this made me crack up ! haha

What you said about people being fans of Robin and or Bucket even more than they are GNR is so true...and so annoying.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2015, 06:06:56 PM »

I've never said Bucket couldn't play. I've always said his get-up never fit GnR and it was embarrassing having to explain him to the casual fan.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: