Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?  (Read 59491 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »

What would the Ideal situation for GNR be going forward?

A. Release CD2
B. Scrap it and start over with the new band.
C. Go on tour.
D. Reunion

Personally I'd like to see them scrap whatever they had and try to make new music with the current band.

I would only welcome a reunion if it led to new music.

Axl Rose has always been one of my favorite lyricists. It's time for us to hear some new Inspired material from one of the all time greats/

Any journey that is started has to be completed. Many people start to learn a musical instrument, or a foreign language, then give up. It never feels right when that happens, so option B has to be a no no.

Option C is forever welcome, Axl is an entertainer, so anytime he wants to entertain, bring it on.

Option D is fine, but respect has to be given to the current GN'R band family, they have the long straws just now.

Option A should only happen if there is a happy process going on, free of legal, and anything else that interrupts the artistic output. If a new album is to be released, for me, I want to hear what Axl wants us to hear. It has to be clean, crisp, innovative, everything you expect from a GN'R release. As it is art, only the best versions of all of the songs should be released for our ears to listen to.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2015, 09:25:56 AM »

A. Release CD2
C. Go on tour.
D. Reunion

Personally I'd like to see them scrap whatever they had and try to make new music with the current band.

Axl Rose has always been one of my favorite lyricists. It's time for us to hear some new Inspired material from one of the all time greats/

Any journey that is started has to be completed. Many people start to learn a musical instrument, or a foreign language, then give up. It never feels right when that happens, so option B has to be a no no.

Option C is forever welcome, Axl is an entertainer, so anytime he wants to entertain, bring it on.

Option D is fine, but respect has to be given to the current GN'R band family, they have the long straws just now.

Option A should only happen if there is a happy process going on, free of legal, and anything else that interrupts the artistic output. If a new album is to be released, for me, I want to hear what Axl wants us to hear. It has to be clean, crisp, innovative, everything you expect from a GN'R release. As it is art, only the best versions of all of the songs should be released for our ears to listen to.

Hi Mysteron, Can you elaborate on your option D comment? Just curious to know what you mean. You make great points on the other 3.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »

A. Release CD2
C. Go on tour.
D. Reunion

Hi Mysteron, Can you elaborate on your option D comment? Just curious to know what you mean. You make great points on the other 3.

Hiya, I just meant that priority should be given to the current members over other ex members  peace
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »

A. Release CD2
C. Go on tour.
D. Reunion

Hiya, I just meant that priority should be given to the current members over other ex members  peace

Priority from who though? Axl? Or the public?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2015, 10:40:29 AM »

Oh, I assume Axl.  We all know what the public would prefer.

Unfortunately for the dreamers, Slash also just qualified where he stands.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2015, 10:56:59 AM »

Tough to say what the ideal situation would be, not knowing the reasons causing the dearth of productivity.

Maybe there is an album in the can. Maybe there are 40 albums in the can.
In the end, who gives a shit if they can?t/won't release them.
One thing the current band has proven over the years, is their inability to release records.
Is that on Axl? the band? the label? All of the above?
We may never know.

Option A sounds pretty logical, but logic doesn?t often apply with GN?R.
Option B would be fine by me if it sparked creativity and the desire to release new music. They could always revisit the previously recorded material down the line.
Option C would signal their satisfaction with being a touring act. Not a good look.
Option D is something that should have happened long ago. In hindsight, Axl carrying on as Guns N? Roses without the alumni looks like a colossal mistake.
Financially speaking, yes it was in his best interest. Artistically speaking, not much got accomplished. Hard to imagine a scenario where less could be done had he down his own thing. If a reunion happened, I?d attend the show. A great live performance is something they could definitely pull off. If they recorded an album, I?d buy it, but I would be cautiously optimistic at best. I just think to much time has passed, and having heard many of their peer?s comeback albums, they don?t typically end up being essential.

The ideal situation for me would be to find out that UYI III has been sitting in the vault since 1991 and they are going to release, reunite and tour it.
Since that?s too good to be true, I?m gonna go with Option E.

Guns has become a touring act. That?s one thing we know Axl is willing to do.
May as well do it right. Get the band(Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven) back together while they are alive/healthy and can still put on a great show.
Either a one off, or a short tour like the Stones do. Then put it where it belongs, to bed.

Then maybe without the weight of the name, and having fulfilled as best he could the majority of his fans requests, Axl could finally find the inspiration to write, record, release music outside the confines of GN?R and begin the long overdue second phase of his career.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »

Tough to say what the ideal situation would be, not knowing the reasons causing the dearth of productivity.

Maybe there is an album in the can. Maybe there are 40 albums in the can.
In the end, who gives a shit if they can?t/won't release them.
One thing the current band has proven over the years, is their inability to release records.
Is that on Axl? the band? the label? All of the above?
We may never know.

Ultimately, Axl.

I can't see faulting the label for moving on with their lives while Axl dithers.

The current band obviously stopped asking critical questions of their leader some time ago, if they ever asked them at all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2015, 11:09:04 AM »

Guns has become a touring act. That?s one thing we know Axl is willing to do.
May as well do it right. Get the band(Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven) back together while they are alive/healthy and can still put on a great show.
Either a one off, or a short tour like the Stones do. Then put it where it belongs, to bed.

I think a reunion is a total pipe dream, even just a reunion tour, but this sure makes sense to me.

If you are going to build one city residencies around an album going on 30 years old, get the real band.  I'd love for Axl to move forward with his current band and take things in an even remotely progressive direction.  But if all he can find the fire to do is this sort of thing, why not do it correctly?

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2015, 04:39:07 PM »

On a side note...was on FB this morning and Guns posted the video to Estranged. What a killer song. Made me want to hear more so I put on Appetitite. Incredible chemistry by that band made for an incredible album. Mike Clink totally captured the sound of that band.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:59 PM »

A. Release CD2
C. Go on tour.
D. Reunion

Axl.

The public are insane  hihi
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »

Maybe I'm being selfish, but I feel like Axl Rose has so much to offer the world. The fact that there is material ready to be released sitting on a shelf is shameful. The guy is one of the greatest lyricists in rock history. He needs to get inspired and get back out there. I hate to think that he's grown content. He seems to be more inspired when he's angry (hasnt written many happy songs).
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »

Maybe I'm being selfish, but I feel like Axl Rose has so much to offer the world. The fact that there is material ready to be released sitting on a shelf is shameful. The guy is one of the greatest lyricists in rock history. He needs to get inspired and get back out there. I hate to think that he's grown content. He seems to be more inspired when he's angry (hasnt written many happy songs).

An artist isn't in any way obligated to share their work with the public.

I don't think you deciding what he "needs to do" is in any way appropriate here.

There is absolutely no "shame" in an artist deciding when they choose to share their work with the public, if ever.

This is misguided entitlement talking.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:31:01 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2015, 04:38:33 PM »

I don't think you deciding what he "needs to do" is in any way appropriate here.

There is absolutely no "shame" in an artist deciding when they choose to share their work with the public, if ever.

Wow, Never said artists were obligated to share their work with the public. Never decided that he needed to do anything. Never shamed said artist for not sharing the work.

Maybe you should go back and re-read my post because you totally miscostrued (or understood it the way that you wanted to) what I said.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »

Yeah, good luck with all that.

Axl can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants.

But then, you deal with the fallout.  That's the part some people can't handle. 

And you can stomp your feet and foam at the mouth and insist that the whole world has it wrong, but its a fool's errand.  Its how it is.  If you choose not to see it that way, good for you. 

But recognize yours is the minority opinion.  Amongst both the general public and even within our own fanbase.

Axl Rose showed the world what he could do.  And he's amazing at his job.  95% of frontmen in rock history can't sniff his level of talent.

Its unrealistic to think people are going to find a guy wasting both time and opportunity to just bedoing god's work.  Most people will just shake their heads.  But yeah, some people are going to be critical.

Welcome to the world.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

Wow, Never said artists were obligated to share their work with the public. Never decided that he needed to do anything. Never shamed said artist for not sharing the work.

Maybe you should go back and re-read my post because you totally miscostrued (or understood it the way that you wanted to) what I said.

Maybe you "should" go back and read what you actually said.
Here it is.

"Maybe I'm being selfish, but I feel like Axl Rose has so much to offer the world. The fact that there is material ready to be released sitting on a shelf is shameful. The guy is one of the greatest lyricists in rock history. He needs to get inspired and get back out there. I hate to think that he's grown content. He seems to be more inspired when he's angry (hasnt written many happy songs)"

You clearly said that having unreleased material sitting on a shelf was "shameful"

You also said he "needs" to get inspired and "get back out there".

Artists deciding if and when to release their creations to the public is not "shameful" in any way.

I honestly don't think you are any sort of expert or familiar with the situation so how can you determine what he "needs" to do?

I understand people are impatient and greedy, they want what they want when they want it, and even convince themselves it is a "need".

People should be responsible for their words, even on the internet.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »

Yeah, good luck with all that.

Axl can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants.

But then, you deal with the fallout.  That's the part some people can't handle. 

And you can stomp your feet and foam at the mouth and insist that the whole world has it wrong, but its a fool's errand.  Its how it is.  If you choose not to see it that way, good for you. 

But recognize yours is the minority opinion.  Amongst both the general public and even within our own fanbase.

Axl Rose showed the world what he could do.  And he's amazing at his job.  95% of frontmen in rock history can't sniff his level of talent.

Its unrealistic to think people are going to find a guy wasting both time and opportunity to just bedoing god's work.  Most people will just shake their heads.  But yeah, some people are going to be critical.

Welcome to the world.

I honestly do not consider you part of the same fanbase, your posting history explains why.

It isn't your job to determine who is "wasting time" and you don't speak for anyone except yourself, not the public, and not the fanbase.

The disgruntled little whiners and  haters online only comprise a very small percentage of the entire worldwide fanbase.

"Shut the fuck up."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »

go get em girl....quid pro quo I say. I honestly don't get their point of view either. These clowns have the balls to criticize a guy who is INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be. Let the man run his business as he chooses. It really is end of discussion. If he wants to retire, he has the right as he has earned it. If he wants to work again, let him work. Hell, how many people do you see criticize Jim Brown for retiring too soon? The man did his time, made his mark, and moved on. It is perplexing how much time and energy people put in to worrying about what someone else is doing.  Huh

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »

It isn't your job to determine who is "wasting time" and you don't speak for anyone except yourself, not the public, and not the fanbase.

I don't think there's a strong argument to be made that he's been productive with his time.

His right?  Sure is.  Anything I (or anyone) can say that will change it?  Nope.

But we all have eyes.  And we all have calendars.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »

I don't think there's a strong argument to be made that he's been productive with his time.

His right?  Sure is.  Anything I (or anyone) can say that will change it?  Nope.

But we all have eyes.  And we all have calendars.

And some have misplaced entitlement issues  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »

go get em girl....quid pro quo I say. I honestly don't get their point of view either. These clowns have the balls to criticize a guy who is INFINITELY more succesful than they EVER will be. Let the man run his business as he chooses. It really is end of discussion. If he wants to retire, he has the right as he has earned it. If he wants to work again, let him work. Hell, how many people do you see criticize Jim Brown for retiring too soon? The man did his time, made his mark, and moved on. It is perplexing how much time and energy people put in to worrying about what someone else is doing.  Huh

I agree with everything you said 110%

Some people seem intent on deciding what he "needs" to do, or "should" do, and I don't recall anyone asking for their uninformed, amateur advice.

It is laughable   ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: