Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 31068 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »

I've heard from a good source close to Richard that plans were already in motion last yr that if something happened with Ron, while they were touring if he had a meltdown or something and left, they were all ready prepared to go it with just 2 guitar players, and Richard and DJ had already worked out the parts. So Ron being in or out I think has no bearing on anything with GNR.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »

If you're expecting tour dates during the time when several band members are out touring with their other bands, you're kinda expecting too much.

They managed to handle Tommy's Replacements gigs last year, but that was temporary.

One scenario would be that Ron leaving would have launched the break.

I don't buy that. It would mean he "runs" the band. I find that s bit hard to believe.... He's the guy who has openly complained about not being able to book solo tours because of GN'R. GN'R isn't a side project.

Regarding your theory that the door is open for his return, yeah, who knows? It's possible.
But if that was the plan, recent comments haven't exactly supported that theory. I mean, if you're told you're welcome back, why would you openly complain about that group of people?

It's almost like a school year ending and then on the last day you tell everybody how much they suck and how they can all go fuck themselves. Then you realize you're doing back in September to see the same people?  hihi

/jarmo

I didnt mean to suggest that Ron runs the band, what i meant is that when youre band is one member short,  you replace him, or you concentrate on things you dont need him for. Could have been aswell the other way around, first plans for a touring break, then problems with Ron.

If my theory would be close to the truth, things would have changed since Rons comments ( in this case he might regret agreeing on keepin his mouth shut, but his got a contract)

What puzzles me is why are they not saying he is out and why Ron is not allowed to officially say that he is out.
this is the most simple explanation to that i found.

GNR was short of a lead guitarist when Chinese came out...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »

I've heard from a good source close to Richard that plans were already in motion last yr that if something happened with Ron, while they were touring if he had a meltdown or something and left, they were all ready prepared to go it with just 2 guitar players, and Richard and DJ had already worked out the parts. So Ron being in or out I think has no bearing on anything with GNR.
Interesting.

Theres no point in keeping a member you cant count on.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »

If you're expecting tour dates during the time when several band members are out touring with their other bands, you're kinda expecting too much.

They managed to handle Tommy's Replacements gigs last year, but that was temporary.

I don't buy that. It would mean he "runs" the band. I find that s bit hard to believe.... He's the guy who has openly complained about not being able to book solo tours because of GN'R. GN'R isn't a side project.

Regarding your theory that the door is open for his return, yeah, who knows? It's possible.
But if that was the plan, recent comments haven't exactly supported that theory. I mean, if you're told you're welcome back, why would you openly complain about that group of people?

It's almost like a school year ending and then on the last day you tell everybody how much they suck and how they can all go fuck themselves. Then you realize you're doing back in September to see the same people?  hihi

/jarmo

I would love the band to have band members that make gnr there number 1 priority.  No more other bands, that can't be considered side projects, but main projects. 

I want band members that are so passionate about guns n roses music they will do everything they can to get it out

I want band members that love to tour the world supporting guns n roses

I want band members that are proud to release new music under the name guns n roses and not there others bands

What do we have now?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »

I didnt mean to suggest that Ron runs the band, what i meant is that when youre band is one member short,  you replace him, or you concentrate on things you dont need him for. Could have been aswell the other way around, first plans for a touring break, then problems with Ron.

Yeah, and I didn't mean to say you did. I was trying to explain that GN'R wasn't/isn't his side project that makes plans around his solo plans. That's all. Smiley

What puzzles me is why are they not saying he is out and why Ron is not allowed to officially say that he is out.

People also forgot that we didn't know he was in the band until the time he walked on stage in New York in 2006....

I would love the band to have band members that make gnr there number 1 priority.  No more other bands, that can't be considered side projects, but main projects. 

I want band members that are so passionate about guns n roses music they will do everything they can to get it out

I want band members that are proud to release new music under the name guns n roses and not there others bands

What do we have now?

Well, the irony is that you want Metallica. A band where you have to quit if you want to do something outside the band.... hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:25:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »

I am not a fan of that band at all.

I would have no problem with guns n roses band members having side projects.   As long as they were side projects.   While out promoting side projects, they would mostly talk about gnr.    And promote gnr. 

What we have now are members of gnr in other bands.   Promoting other bands.  Spending more time with other bands. 

I am going about my life not waiting, but would love gnr news.....    I have the feeling it won't be for 3 years
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »

How could anyone be opposed to GNR being a relevant, active band?  Who the hell doesn't want that? 

This is our favorite band.  Of course we want them to be out there and doing well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2015, 08:21:23 PM »

/jarmo

What do we have now?

Baconman, that's never going to happen again. One of many reasons why I miss the classic lineup. You just have accept that in this lineup members are going to do their own thing since they are employees. That's what it comes down to. The only owner is Axl. If I was them, I would do the same. In fact, I am actually looking at ways to have a side gig even though I have a steady job with an employer that will be around for a long time to come. So it's natural. 
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2015, 01:13:04 AM »

How could anyone be opposed to GNR being a relevant, active band?  Who the hell doesn't want that? 

This is our favorite band.  Of course we want them to be out there and doing well.

2008 To 2014 = 7 (Seven)  hihi Years = New Singles, New Music, New Disc, New World Tour, New Live Cd's, New DVD, Exclusive BluRay !!!

rofl GNR = BAND NOT ACTIVE  rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:49 AM »

/jarmo

What do we have now?

Baconman, that's never going to happen again. One of many reasons why I miss the classic lineup. You just have accept that in this lineup members are going to do their own thing since they are employees. That's what it comes down to. The only owner is Axl. If I was them, I would do the same. In fact, I am actually looking at ways to have a side gig even though I have a steady job with an employer that will be around for a long time to come. So it's natural. 

Good points
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »

2008 To 2014 = 7 (Seven)  hihi Years = New Singles, New Music, New Disc, New World Tour, New Live Cd's, New DVD, Exclusive BluRay !!!

Clearly, we are the envy of fanbases far and wide.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »

Who gives a fuck?

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about openly admitting to liking Bon Jovi!  hihi

Just kidding.
I really don't care if you or anybody else think my taste in music is stupid. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

You could change "2008" to "1993" and leave the rest (except 7 years now becomes 21 years).
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2015, 12:27:28 AM »

You could change "2008" to "1993" and leave the rest (except 7 years now becomes 21 years).

Welcome To  GNR 2015

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2015, 10:38:30 AM »

Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba has said the band is on hiatus, according to the Las Vegas Sun.

According to the report, Ashba, who has been with the band for six years, suggested the band was on a break but would return. "Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it's almost been nonstop touring. But we've kind of talked of more touring, and I'm looking at this more as a hiatus than the end," he told the Las Vegas Sun.

NME added that the band, fronted by Axl Rose, has not performed live since July 2014 and does not have any gigs scheduled in the future.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-hiatus-guitarist-article-1.2197280

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

is it possible Axl will return with a complete new line up?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »

Seems unlikely.

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »

You New Life ?

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »

The band is just a few months on hiatus and people are  already speculate about the end. Come on it's normal when a band is on hiatus for some time?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »

The band is just a few months on hiatus and people are  already speculate about the end. Come on it's normal when a band is on hiatus for some time?

Exactly this, it hasn't even been a full year yet

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: