Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview (Feb 2015) on the I'd Hit That podcast
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview (Feb 2015) on the I'd Hit That podcast  (Read 40580 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »

Irving Azoff secured the Best Buy deal right?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2015, 03:05:10 PM »

Good thoughts here... I agree with all of this. But if he releases another album of all Bucket and Robin songs.. he is still going to have that dilemma in the future in terms of promoting it.

"So... Dj or player X who just joined.. tell us how you created that Riff? "

I can see that. It could maybe be worked around by mixing both old and new songs on the album, or release two albums either at the same time or with little time in-between. Or, release the remaining Chinese sessions as part of a Chinese Democracy special edition re-release.

If it's gonna be THE next album, stand-alone, with all Bucket and Robin material, I can see the same challenges arise when it comes to promotion. To be clear, as a hardcore fan I'm not that bothered by it. I will be super happy if the next album is from the Chinese era, but I can see some challenges from Axl's perspective.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:34 PM »

Yep.

So for all his nefarious schemes, dastardly plans, and hidden agendas, he also secured the release of an album that looked like it was going to take an straight up Act Of Congress to get done.

That's worth something.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »

Good thoughts here... I agree with all of this. But if he releases another album of all Bucket and Robin songs.. he is still going to have that dilemma in the future in terms of promoting it.

"So... Dj or player X who just joined.. tell us how you created that Riff? "

I can see that. It could maybe be worked around by mixing both old and new songs on the album, or release two albums either at the same time or with little time in-between. Or, release the remaining Chinese sessions as part of a Chinese Democracy special edition re-release.

If it's gonna be THE next album, stand-alone, with all Bucket and Robin material, I can see the same challenges arise when it comes to promotion. To be clear, as a hardcore fan I'm not that bothered by it. I will be super happy if the next album is from the Chinese era, but I can see some challenges from Axl's perspective.

Yeah I am in the same boat. Don;t care who wrote or recorded the songs on the next album... not anymore.

As far as the challenges to promotion... I don't really care if Axl promotes the next record anymore either. So if that is a challenge... so be it!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »

Agreed, but do you really think that breaks his heart?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »

Yep.

So for all his nefarious schemes, dastardly plans, and hidden agendas, he also secured the release of an album that looked like it was going to take an straight up Act Of Congress to get done.

That's worth something.

To me... yes... who knows when it would come out if not for a deal like that.

But... He screwed with Axl and had ulterior motives... so he's a bad guy.... I get it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2015, 03:14:42 PM »

Agreed, but do you really think that breaks his heart?

Not that much really. More so with Chinese in 2008 I think, it was his comeback album, created by a group of people that he felt could make his vision come to life.

Another aspect is Richard.. He was partly brought in because he could write, and going by what people have said in past interviews we'll hear a lot more of Richard on the next album.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2015, 03:34:50 PM »

But Fortus, Thal and Ferrer are not credited as songwriters on a single song. For me this is another sign that CD (and the other 22 unreleased songs Tommy was talking about) has already been finished in 1999-2000.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:36:24 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »

But Fortus, Thal and Ferrer are not credited as songwriters on a single song. For me this is another sign that CD has already been finished in 1999-2000.

Not 1999-2000. Both Brain and Bucket have writing credits. There might have been an album ready, but not necessarily with the same track list of the finished product from 2008.

But I was talking about the next album, not CD. Richard is said to have more writing credits on the next one.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:55:23 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2015, 04:02:45 PM »

But Fortus, Thal and Ferrer are not credited as songwriters on a single song. For me this is another sign that CD has already been finished in 1999-2000.

Not 1999-2000. Both Brain and Bucket have writing credits. There might have been an album ready, but not necessarily with the same track list of the finished product from 2008.

But I was talking about the next album, not CD. Richard is said to have more writing credits on the next one.

Also, 'songwriting' credit is very narrow.  That is lyrics/melody only.  Richard, DJ and the rest may very well compose most of the rhythm parts, solos, etc. on the next album but still may not get any songwriting credits. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »

Also, 'songwriting' credit is very narrow.  That is lyrics/melody only.  Richard, DJ and the rest may very well compose most of the rhythm parts, solos, etc. on the next album but still may not get any songwriting credits. 

Yes, every person is responsible for his own instrument, so basically you come up with your own parts within the framework of the writer's melody.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »

So I have a general question, that this thread has brought up for me

In regards to, staying late at venues?.

So I have see/heard guns used to come on stage a little late and venues would be worried about paying workers overtime costs and union fines etc...   Which I understand

However, once the show is done guns and Axl are known for staying at these venues till well into the early hours of the morning.  An example of this would in Miaimi when Eddie trunk got that Axl interview at 5 am in the concert venue

So the questions are

Why is everyone so upset about these fines and overtime costs, when the band will be there till 7 am regardless

And who with the venue is still there with the band?  Is there some old janitor just hanging out with a big set of keys waiting for the boys to leave so he can lock the door?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »

But Fortus, Thal and Ferrer are not credited as songwriters on a single song. For me this is another sign that CD (and the other 22 unreleased songs Tommy was talking about) has already been finished in 1999-2000.

Does that honestly affect your enjoyment of a song ? Very strange criteria for enjoying music. nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »

So I have see/heard guns used to come on stage a little late and venues would be worried about paying workers overtime costs and union fines etc...   Which I understand

However, once the show is done guns and Axl are known for staying at these venues till well into the early hours of the morning.  An example of this would in Miaimi when Eddie trunk got that Axl interview at 5 am in the concert venue

So the questions are

Why is everyone so upset about these fines and overtime costs, when the band will be there till 7 am regardless

And who with the venue is still there with the band?  Is there some old janitor just hanging out with a big set of keys waiting for the boys to leave so he can lock the door?

Very good points, I don't have some predetermined "bedtime" and haven't for over 20 years.

I see it as simply another reason for some idiots to complain. Wink
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:08:46 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »

So the questions are

Its not just the cost.  Or even the inconvenience.

Its the obvious question why they have to make these special accomodations for one band when every other band on their level plays those same buildings every month of every year without such issues.

Put yourself in their spot.   Not a rabid Guns N' Roses fan, but just a rational human being and everyday worker.  Do they give a flying fuck how "rock n' roll" this all supposedly is?  Nope.  They just want to go home.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »

So the questions are

Very good points, I don't have some predetermined "bedtime" and haven't for over 20 years.

I see it as simply another reason for some to complain. Wink

I am also not a fan of people that go to a guns show and complain about the start time.

Then you here reasons for complaining like. They have to work in the morning, what about the children!, what about public transportation shutting down

Who cares really.  Some people need to get out of there own little bubble.   If you don't know that guns may come on stage a little late, you are not a fan and go crawl back under that rock you have been living under.   These are the same,people that are probably asking me to sit down cause they don't want to stand at a rock show.  Guess what I have kids. I work, you go to concert.  You figure this stuff out.   It's not hard

Rant over

Haha
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

Agreed.

It doesn't affect whether I enjoy the song.  But it certainly affects how seriously I can take the guys onstage as a legit band.

CD showed me that the guys who put that album together were a pretty decent band.  But the guys who wound up playing the songs onstage?  I have no idea what they are capable of as a band.

and we don't seem terribly interested in finding out either.  Which is either quizzical or alarming, depending on your interpretation of the concept of a band.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »

So the questions are

I see it as simply another reason for some to complain. Wink

I am also not a fan of people that go to a guns show and complain about the start time.

Then you here reasons for complaining like. They have to work in the morning, what about the children!, what about public transportation shutting down

Who cares really.  Some people need to get out of there own little bubble.   If you don't know that guns may come on stage a little late, you are not a fan and go crawl back under that rock you have been living under.   These are the same,people that are probably asking me to sit down cause they don't want to stand at a rock show.  Guess what I have kids. I work, you go to concert.  You figure this stuff out.   It's not hard

Rant over

Haha

Haha, I would definitely enjoy meeting up with you at a show.

Some are merely complaining to complain, it is like they have some sick fascination with the negative aspects of everything, or maybe they are simply drags in real life.

Misery may love company but it won't be mine  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »

***DISCLAIMER : I did not introduce this topic.  I am simply commenting on it as a topic that came up.***

I think you are oversimplifying it more than a wee bit.  

Telling someone to sit down in front of you is the same as telling someone that to see a concert, they might have to take off work the next day?  They are the same to you?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »

***DISCLAIMER : I did not introduce this topic.  I am simply commenting on it as a topic that came up.***

I think you are oversimplifying it more than a wee bit.  

Telling someone to sit down in front of you is the same as telling someone that to see a concert, they might have to take off work the next day?  They are the same to you?

***DISCLAIMER I WILL TYPE IN ASTERISKS TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MYSELF AND MY WHINING***

crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: