Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:39:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview (Feb 2015) on the I'd Hit That podcast
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview (Feb 2015) on the I'd Hit That podcast  (Read 40513 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 08:17:29 PM »

Jesus, Jarmo, it was a stylistic choice. I have already explained that I find 'anxious' too timid a term. 'Riotous', to me, seems more appropriate for a Guns N' Roses crowd 'going crazy', at 12:30 in the morning waiting for Axl to arrive. If it was an opera crowd and the overture was delayed by thirty minutes, I might be tempted by the word 'anxious'. Neither term are incorrect. I chose one, you prefer the other.

I cannot believe you are taking that joke as a mere factional rendering of the fact. You really cannot see the irreverent tone in that interview, can you, not just in that passage but whenever Axl and GN'R are discussed?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »

For me personally I would rather have two all time great songs, than 100 songs that I would just skip over.  I am a fan of quality over quantity   

I agree with this.

Most artists are always excited about their latest release. Then a few years later, you go back to that album and you find yourself only listening to a handful of tracks.

Hasn't happened with Chinese Democracy.

Riotous', to me, seems more appropriate for a Guns N' Roses crowd 'going crazy', at 12:30 in the morning waiting for Axl to arrive.

Of course it is.

I cannot believe you are taking that joke as a mere factional rendering of the fact.

Well, the fact is, it's a fact! At least he didn't take your suggestion about saying Axl was doing yoga, or watching TV or something ridiculous like that.

Did you listen to the part about Buckethead's puppet? That wasn't a joke, but they were laughing until they probably had tears in their eyes. It's still a fact...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 10:29:26 PM »

I thought this interview was very interesting.

But Jarmo.....I don't get why you're going out of your way to point out that Brain didn't badmouth Axl here. Hell, even Slash and Duff don't badmouth him in interviews these days. Plus it's not like anyone here seemed to be holding on to the belief that Brain left over some issue with Axl.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:28 PM »

But Jarmo.....I don't get why you're going out of your way to point out that Brain didn't badmouth Axl here. Hell, even Slash and Duff don't badmouth him in interviews these days. Plus it's not like anyone here seemed to be holding on to the belief that Brain left over some issue with Axl.

Au Contraire, feast your eyes on this spin from Moaning Mortis- crying

mortismurphy
VIP

Re: Brain interview (Feb 2015) on the I'd Hit That podcast
? Reply #60 on: Today at 04:18:44 PM ?
He goes on about his frustration with the gig delays at length and even makes a joke at Axl's expense (about Axl having a back massage while a crowd went riotous). I have not got time to transcribe these sections but it is all there in the interview. Listen to it. Basically, Jarmo has omitted all of the juicy anecdotes and humour in his transcription and produced a tame boring summary consisting of platitudes. In reality, the interview is 'gossipy'. Brain and the interviewer are basically laughing at the craziness and bullshit, that is new gnr. It is full of talking points and revelations. As I said, listen to it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2015, 12:14:09 AM »

mortismurphy
VIP

He goes on about his frustration with the gig delays at length and even makes a joke at Axl's expense (about Axl having a back massage while a crowd went riotous). I have not got time to transcribe these sections but it is all there in the interview. Listen to it. Basically, Jarmo has omitted all of the juicy anecdotes and humour in his transcription and produced a tame boring summary consisting of platitudes. In reality, the interview is 'gossipy'. Brain and the interviewer are basically laughing at the craziness and bullshit, that is new gnr. It is full of talking points and revelations. As I said, listen to it.

Again, I rest my case.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 04:19:49 AM »

mortismurphy
VIP

Again, I rest my case.

How ridiculous, you have no case and you aren't Perry Mason, you are simply an anonymous "fan" on an internet forum that is devoted to a band that you try to discredit, disparage, fantasize about, and paint in the worst possible colors on a repetitive and continual basis  because you apparently have personal issues.

Go whine somewhere else, some of us know better than to listen to your nonsense and drivel. rant

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 05:46:38 AM »

Its fascinating how someone can find so much time in his life with arguing with every board member about everything, when he doesnt like their opinions.

Seriously, dude...

Love it, how they crack up about Bucket talking via a puppet
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:36:02 AM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »

The name is Herbie and not just "puppet".

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »

But Jarmo.....I don't get why you're going out of your way to point out that Brain didn't badmouth Axl here.

Because some listen for things in interviews that they want to hear and then post about how this person said this and that. When in reality it's just spun that way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »

But Jarmo.....I don't get why you're going out of your way to point out that Brain didn't badmouth Axl here.

Really?  No idea?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:55 AM »

Please stop your pointless replies now.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 10:29:12 AM »

I thought I might be able to shed some light.  Clear up the confusion.

I'm a helper by nature.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »

Then do it, add it to your post.

Smart ass.

Unless your next reply is on topic, it will be moderated accordingly. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:37:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2015, 10:36:43 AM »

I personally find it hilarious that Axl is getting a massage while the crowd is waiting... ha I really do...

Apparently Brain thought so too. Theres no spin there... it just looks bad.

But jarmo doesn't care for any of you to point it out... and if you come here just to point it out and get a rise out of him... then you are going to see his push back... there has to be a better way to express any gripes.

Other than that tho.. Everything Brain said was pretty much complimentary minus the silliness of the Buckethead stuff. (he was a disaster.. I don't care how great anybody think's he is as a player)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »

I don't get why someone can't see that there are some negative aspects Brain is pointing out and how obviously ridiculous he finds them (and which they are), like the rehearsals for Rio, or the waiting.

It shouldnt be too big of a deal to point out negative stuff about guns. Its not the end of the world.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2015, 10:39:01 AM »

Then do it, add it to your post.

Smart ass.

Yes, I'll take 'Entrapment' for $200, Alex.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »

Other than that tho.. Everything Brain said was pretty much complimentary minus the silliness of the Buckethead stuff. (he was a disaster.. I don't care how great anybody think's he is as a player)

Amazing talent.  But really, who's putting up with all that nonsense?

I suppose you could perhaps fault Axl for trying to cater to his bizarre whims, before then deciding it was out of control.

But I can't really fault Axl, or anyone, for not wanting to put up with that whole schtick.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »

I mean, that rehearsal thing is of course fucking ridiculous, but on the other hand its absolutely funny and just GNR. I dont think anyone in the world would do sth like that, and thats kinda cool

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »

I suppose you could perhaps fault Axl for trying to cater to his bizarre whims, before then deciding it was out of control.

But I can't really fault Axl, or anyone, for not wanting to put up with that whole schtick.

Well... my take was Axl was putting up with it.. and wanted to continue on with him.. he just couldn't get him back in the room.

They obviously were a toxic combination.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:13 AM »

I can just picture Axl, sitting together with Bucket on the Haunted Mansion ride and having him sign the contract.  rofl

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: