Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52949 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »

Why is it such a bizarre theory, that the communication is poor from management? Ron has mentioned communication problems before in the past,

Seriously?

You're just looking for things that you want to be there.

Right now, there's not a lot going on in the GN'R world. Tommy's focusing on the Replacements. What kind of information does he need from GN'R right now to make you happy?
"Hey, Tommy! We don't have any shows booked for any time soon. Ok?".

I'm sure he'll be in the loop as soon as something's going on. In the mean time, keep looking for clues.

Regarding your evidence. Sometimes you get an offer to do a gig, or gigs, and you take it. It's not the first time GN'R did something on short notice. 

/jarmo

I do not 'want' them (communication problems) to be there: I merely believe they are, there.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »

You avoided the question.

If you go on holidays, and you're out of the loop regarding your work place. Does that mean there's a communication problem? Not necessarily. You're on holidays!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2015, 05:35:46 PM »

If you go on holidays, and you're out of the loop regarding your work place. Does that mean there's a communication problem? Not necessarily. You're on holidays!

/jarmo

True but it is an opinion I hold based on, accumulative evidence.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »

Obviously even when the so called evidence doesn't add up.
In other words, you don't need evidence.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »

I have already given you another Ron interview.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

Besides the one I replied to you about already?

As I said, these two cases have nothing in common. Even using that old Ron interview to prove your point is a stretch. It wasn't the first, or only, time GN'R have announced shows on a short notice.
In addition to that, the fact is that the tour wasn't a "three week tour, or four weeks" with "another three weeks of shows". The tour was in February and March 2012. It was four weeks in total.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »

Besides the one I replied to you about already?

As I said, these two cases have nothing in common. Even using that old Ron interview to prove your point is a stretch. It wasn't the first, or only, time GN'R have announced shows on a short notice.
In addition to that, the fact is that the tour wasn't a "three week tour, or four weeks" with "another three weeks of shows". The tour was in February and March 2012. It was four weeks in total.

/jarmo

You are defending the policy of a management who obviously have the guitarist in the current position he is now, probably out of the band, over just such a wonderful policy! If it is 'happiness in paradise' as you claim, the onus is certainly on you here to prove it so.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »

I guess I'm in the minority here, since I don't blame management for the issues this band faces.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »

/jarmo

The thing is though...I love the new lineup. But the idea was it's supposed to be a band. Guns N' Roses is supposed to be GN'R, a band, right? Not Axl and a bunch of employees working under him. Usually a band is a group of guys on the same level with things. Not just one guy making the plans uniltarily and then telling the others "this is what we're doing." Like I doubt Mick Jagger books dates and then tells Keith and Keith "Ok, we're touring on these dates, be there, thanks."
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2015, 09:03:43 PM »

I image the job offer went like this.

You can play *instument*. We like your work.
We will make you rich and you will get exposure
Band management decides ALL other aspects
Accept YES/NO

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »

You are defending the policy of a management who obviously have the guitarist in the current position he is now, probably out of the band, over just such a wonderful policy! If it is 'happiness in paradise' as you claim, the onus is certainly on you here to prove it so.

Instead of once again trying to ridicule what I said, just prove that I'm wrong.
I pointed out that your evidence has factual errors and your other evidence isn't even evidence. There you go.

Like I doubt Mick Jagger books dates and then tells Keith and Keith "Ok, we're touring on these dates, be there, thanks."

Mick has more control than you think.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:29 AM »

Jarmo, what I have bolded is evidence that the communication between the management and members is woeful,

One very difficult show was I played Philadelphia in 2012 with Guns and I was on this nerve-blocker for my spine. I had been in a car accident and the medicine only worked for a month and I had a one month?s supply. Actually, I got a little extra but pretty much the medicine will ONLY work in your body a month and then after that it will stop working. We had a three week tour, or four weeks, whatever it was, and then on four days? notice, they didn?t tell us, they booked another three weeks of shows and I needed to take treatments, I needed to get things done, I needed to take care of my health, and they just ignored that and booked these shows. The first show after that one month was up, I took the pills and they didn?t work and I could barely walk and I had to try and do a three hour show where even if you had just touched the top of my head, it was like someone taking a giant knife and just shoving it in your neck and twisting it. And I had to play a show like that and I could barely move. I had to sit down for a couple of songs and I remember just walking like I was petrified. I could barely bend my knees and my spine, I just couldn?t move. There was just so much pain. I had to do a show like that and many shows after that.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/119059/ron-bumblefoot-thal-guns-n-roses-interview/

There is no way you can spin your way out of that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:32 AM »

Jarmo, what I have bolded is evidence that the communication between the management and members is woeful,

One very difficult show was I played Philadelphia in 2012 with Guns and I was on this nerve-blocker for my spine. I had been in a car accident and the medicine only worked for a month and I had a one month?s supply. Actually, I got a little extra but pretty much the medicine will ONLY work in your body a month and then after that it will stop working. We had a three week tour, or four weeks, whatever it was, and then on four days? notice, they didn?t tell us, they booked another three weeks of shows and I needed to take treatments, I needed to get things done, I needed to take care of my health, and they just ignored that and booked these shows. The first show after that one month was up, I took the pills and they didn?t work and I could barely walk and I had to try and do a three hour show where even if you had just touched the top of my head, it was like someone taking a giant knife and just shoving it in your neck and twisting it. And I had to play a show like that and I could barely move. I had to sit down for a couple of songs and I remember just walking like I was petrified. I could barely bend my knees and my spine, I just couldn?t move. There was just so much pain. I had to do a show like that and many shows after that.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/119059/ron-bumblefoot-thal-guns-n-roses-interview/

There is no way you can spin your way out of that.

The dates don't add up.

In 2012, they started their tour on Feb 10th.  Their show in Philly was on Feb 27th (about 2 weeks later).

They did 6 more shows, over 2 more weeks (ending March 12th).

Their next show in 2012 was on May 11th, in Russia.

Their last show in 2011 had been Dec 31, 2011.

What he's saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In addition, here's the report from his car accident (I'm assuming this is the one) from June of 2011:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/06/03/bumblefoot-survives-car-crash/

And with humor intact -- on Thursday (June 2), he tweeted, "Medical checkup this morning, don't seem to have any major issues other than a hairy back and a funny voice...," attaching a link to a YouTube clip of Metallica's song 'Whiplash.'

He said this in other articles, more recently after the crash:

He added: ?SUV just ploughed into me at full speed. My car is totalled and two other cars she smashed me into. I?m well enough to tweet, which means I?m not dead yet.?

The guitarist spent yesterday arranging a rental car and filing his insurance claim, saying: ?I?ve spent 24 hours dealing with car rental, insurance and collision folks, banks and police ? as the injuries begin to reveal themselves.?

Responding to well-wishers he added: ?Oh, please ? I?m in Guns n?fucking Roses. This is all like a walk in the park!?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:03:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mortismurphy
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2015, 09:07:44 AM »

We are not discussion the dates though, we are discussing communication.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »

Um...but if the dates are wrong, and the content of the interview was wrong, and his recollection is incorrect (or, worse, hyperbole)..there was no communication breakdown to be had.  If he had meds for 4 weeks, and the tour was 4 weeks long...what was there to communicate, exactly?

Again, if the dates don't add up....as a basis for showing a "lack of communication"....it doesn't hold up very well.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2015, 09:21:58 AM »

And yes, I know that, on 2/21/12, they announced an extension of that theater tour.

I question whether, given Ron's "mis-remembering" of everything else in that interview (dates, duration, etc), that he was not told about it til that moment. If he's "mis-remembering", or engaging in hyperbole, in just about EVERYTHING else he says there...why is that bit still credible, exactly?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:24:23 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2015, 09:29:21 AM »

It?s not hard for me to fathom a lack of communication between the band members themselves, or band members and management.
I?d be far more surprised to hear that they are all on the same page.

DJ has been in the band 6 years, without a note of original GN?R music to his credit.
To put that in perspective, the classic lineup managed their entire discography in 6 years.

Maybe there was some great master plan at one point, but clearly it?s been misplaced.
Maybe it?s in the ?vault? along with UYI III, CD II & III, but they forgot the combination.
Or maybe the plan was to become solely a touring act, in which case, only Bumblefoot seems to have been misinformed.
The others seem content aboard the gravy train.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2015, 09:34:09 AM »

It?s not hard for me to fathom a lack of communication between the band members themselves, or band members and management.
I?d be far more surprised to hear that they are all on the same page.

I'm sure there are mis-steps and issues that crop up.  I doubt it's all smooth sailing, rainbows, and unicorns. I'm SURE there are communication issues between everyone involved. And I'm sure, when they occur, like with all communication issues, there is blame to be doled out to all involved.

I don't think communication issues with management are a huge "causal" issue, though.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:37:55 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »

Um...but if the dates are wrong, and the content of the interview was wrong, and his recollection is incorrect (or, worse, hyperbole)..there was no communication breakdown to be had.  If he had meds for 4 weeks, and the tour was 4 weeks long...what was there to communicate, exactly?

Again, if the dates don't add up....as a basis for showing a "lack of communication"....it doesn't hold up very well.

If the dates are wrong, then it puts a serious doubt in my mind how much of the entire statement is credible or believable.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2015, 09:38:46 AM »

If the dates are wrong, then it puts a serious doubt in my mind how much of the entire statement is credible or believable.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to get across. Smiley

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: