Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:09:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Enquiry for a HTGTH Axl interview
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enquiry for a HTGTH Axl interview  (Read 13656 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »

I doubt Axl would ever chat with fans again.
I wish it happen but like in 2008,the whole thing started like a discussion,then became a mountain of questions which he later answered.
I'd ask however if he considers to drop vocally demanding songs like You could be mine in the future.
Like Ian Gillan not being able to sing child in time since 95.
And if in his mind he has acheived his artistic magnum opus in the form of which song.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »

You guys realize Jarmo's first post in this thread was a big fat NO .. right?  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »

I think Jarmo was ultimately right.  We would just be looking for updates we can't seem to get otherwise.

Not that those other questions aren't valid, but they would pretty much be window dressing to get to what's up currently.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »

I think Jarmo was ultimately right.  We would just be looking for updates we can't seem to get otherwise.

Not that those other questions aren't valid, but they would pretty much be window dressing to get to what's up currently.

I think it would be cool as long as we kept in mind that the questions shouldn't pertain to new album stuff. A chance to ask Axl questions? Even if they are only certain kinds of questions, it would still be awesome. Imagine if Axl answered one of your questions. You would remember it forever. That's something you could share with every GNR fan.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »

People thought David Bowie was on his deathbed when he was working on his latest album, but he wound up having the album ready and videos made (funny coincidence that Gary Oldman was in one of the videos - playing a priest! In Since I Don't Have You, he was the devil).

More questions -any truth to the rumor of a GnR themed restaurant at the Hard Rock Vegas?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:01:52 PM by raindogs70 » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »

People thought David Bowie was on his deathbed when he was working on his latest album, but he wound up having the album ready and videos made (funny coincidence that Gary Oldman was in one of the videos - playing a priest! In Since I Don't Have You, he was the devil).

More questions -any truth to the rumor of a GnR themed restaurant at the Hard Rock Vegas?

That would be so awesome. I probably couldn't afford it now, but if I could get the money together I would love to try some of that rattlesnake flavored sausage with some fried eggs.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »

The timing has to be right for the band.

What can Axl offer at this point in time that he has not already answered.

Well, some information about the new music is probably what the fans want to know about the most. We really don't know much specifics about what their plans are.

I'm not against the idea itself. But then when it turns into this kinda "forced" way of getting updates regarding the album... It just loses some of its fun I guess.

It's like people who send you messages asking when you're gonna go to country X but what they really wanna know is, when is GN'R going to country X....

Just something to consider.

/jarmo

It Axl is not comfortable with those kind of questions i guess we could leave them out? Easy as that. I don't know why he should be uncomfortable with it, and i don't see the reason in why we should pretend that he is.

My question would be:  "Captain fantastic and the brown dirt cowboy" is one of my favorite rock n roll albums ever. Since its common knowledge that your an fan of Elton and Bernie`s music, do you have a favorite album, song or lyrics?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »

When you guys say we should steer clear of new album talk, how far do you take that?

Because if you don't think "when are you guys coming back to <my town>?" is getting asked, several times, I think you're crazy.

You know you are.  Bring it down.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 08:23:44 PM »

When you guys say we should steer clear of new album talk, how far do you take that?

Because if you don't think "when are you guys coming back to <my town>?" is getting asked, several times, I think you're crazy.

You know you are.  Bring it down.

The thought was that we agree on a list of questions that we send to Axl. Not him doing a "live chat" here on the forum.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »

Right, duh.

Nevermind.  As you were.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »

I might be in the minority on this but I could think of 100 things off the top of my head I would love to ask Axl, all of which have nothing to do with any future albums.  I think it would be awesome if we could all submit questions and he could answer whichever ones he wants.  A live chat could be awesome, however it also could be complete pandemonium and not a lot of fun to be a part of. The main problem as was discussed already in this thread is that some people would bitch and moan about certain subjects not being discussed.  I think having him answer any kind of questions would be fun. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 12:38:24 AM »

Yeah, we could just submit a bunch of questions and anything we get is gravy.

I think that's how it would have to go.  A live chat is a suicide mission.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »

I think taking the format of a pre-submitted (or moderated submission) AMA (Ask Me Anything), like sometimes gets done on Reddit, would be the most likely.

I'd take whatever we could get, quite frankly.

Edit: Oddly, I'd be completely OK with a "fireside chat" where GnR, in general and specific, was off limits.  General music, lifestyle and that kinda stuff only.  But I know that would, likely, go over like a ton of lead baloons, or a fart in church, amongst most of the forum members. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:13:16 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 01:23:23 PM »

I still think it would be awesome if they had their own channel on Sirius (like Pearl Jam).  That way, in addition to live songs, B-side tracks, etc., you get interviews from the band members playing songs from bands they like, explaining their approach to music, life, etc.  I'd listen to that shit all day.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »

and if Axl chooses, let's say, 5 or 6 thematics he would like to be interviewed about?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 04:19:06 PM »

I still think it would be awesome if they had their own channel on Sirius (like Pearl Jam).  That way, in addition to live songs, B-side tracks, etc., you get interviews from the band members playing songs from bands they like, explaining their approach to music, life, etc.  I'd listen to that shit all day.

I would also love them to have there own channel of sat radio

Everything you said would be great

But

Does guns actually have enough of a song cataloge to support another channel?

Interviews and stories from the band would be great.  But we barley get interviews now from any current member, so something would really have to change in that regard.  Hearing what past members have to say would also be great.  But I am sure hell would freeze over before we got the chance to hear from a few of the old guys

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »

But

Interviews and stories from the band would be great.  But we barley get interviews now from any current member, so something would really have to change in that regard.  Hearing what past members have to say would also be great.  But I am sure hell would freeze over before we got the chance to hear from a few of the old guys

They have a GNR channel on Dash Radio called Paradise City. They play Guns music and influences of theirs. I downloaded it to my phone and listen to it every once in awhile. I don't listen to music on my phone a whole lot though. I'd listen to a GNR channel on Sirius way more. But the content is there. Especially if they included VR and ex members projecs, but I guess that could get a little sticky.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »

But

They have a GNR channel on Dash Radio called Paradise City. They play Guns music and influences of theirs. I downloaded it to my phone and listen to it every once in awhile. I don't listen to music on my phone a whole lot though. I'd listen to a GNR channel on Sirius way more. But the content is there. Especially if they included VR and ex members projecs, but I guess that could get a little sticky.

Yes if they play influenced bands and side bands that current and past members have.  It would be great and would work

I am not to sure how the ownership of these channels work... 

Would Axl have to give the radio permission to have a dedicated channel?  Or can any radio provider do this and just pay out royalty cheques to the band members on each song that is played

If they can, then a dedicated channel would be great with velvet revolver being featured as well. Plus Izzys solo work etc...

If Axl has to give permission, well I can't see it working out with most of the past members being featured....   
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »

So, is this dead in the water even if we steer clear of 'new album questions'?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

I didn't make any inquiries yet because I don't know what the aim of this interview would be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: