Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 259325 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1520 on: October 21, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

Realistically if not tonight but in a few days we'll be talking about the Mets chances in the WS. With their pitching it's very unlikely they blow 4 games.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1521 on: October 21, 2015, 04:39:39 PM »

George - rooting hard for your Letsgo's tonight, good luck man!

I think Doc, Keith, Straw and Lenny should snort an honorary 8-Ball (not if) when it happens!

It's not that I even really hate the Cubs, I just despise Joe Maddon (he probably smells of Ben Gay) with the fire of a thousand suns and literally get nauseated at the thought of Wrigley Field painted as any kind of historic baseball shrine.

It's the most disgusting major league ballpark I've ever been in.

It wreaks of puke, piss, poo and best of all - 108 years of fucking losing.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1522 on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »

Realistically if not tonight but in a few days we'll be talking about the Mets chances in the WS. With their pitching it's very unlikely they blow 4 games.
I agree. But. IF the Cubs can somehow win tonight, They'd have Lester and Arrieta to follow. Granted, the Mets already beat them, but they'd at least give them a fighting chance to keep the series going. I don't expect it to happen, but I've seen it happen. Granted the Mets pitching is far better than the 2004 Yankees. But that Red Sox team won game 4 and had Pedro and Schilling going in games 5 and 6. Anything can happen, and did in game 7.

Again, I don't expect the Cubs to come back. But the Mets should not take them lightly just because they're up 3-0. Don't give them an inch and finish them off tonight. I expect there won't be any letdown for the Mets tonight. Not sure they'll close it out, but they will give it their all to advance. They've got that mentality.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: October 21, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »

I think Doc, Keith, Straw and Lenny should snort an honorary 8-Ball (not if) when it happens!

It's not that I even really hate the Cubs, I just despise Joe Maddon (he probably smells of Ben Gay) with the fire of a thousand suns and literally get nauseated at the thought of Wrigley Field painted as any kind of historic baseball shrine.

Thanks, hope they close it out tonight.  Will probably be just me, Keith and Mr. Met with the 8-Ball, those other guys are all on probation.  I just hope that David Cone doesn't show up to masturbate in the bullpen, sounds like Wrigley already has more than enough disgusting excretions. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1524 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »

What's your issue with Joe? He seems like a nice guy. In Wrigley's defense it is over 100 years old.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1525 on: October 21, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »

I agree. But. IF the Cubs can somehow win tonight, They'd have Lester and Arrieta to follow. Granted, the Mets already beat them, but they'd at least give them a fighting chance to keep the series going. I don't expect it to happen, but I've seen it happen. Granted the Mets pitching is far better than the 2004 Yankees. But that Red Sox team won game 4 and had Pedro and Schilling going in games 5 and 6. Anything can happen, and did in game 7.

Again, I don't expect the Cubs to come back. But the Mets should not take them lightly just because they're up 3-0. Don't give them an inch and finish them off tonight. I expect there won't be any letdown for the Mets tonight. Not sure they'll close it out, but they will give it their all to advance. They've got that mentality.
Yeah that series was way different. After game 4 we just didn't have the pitching needed to close you out and we payed for it. The mets have the pitching they need to win one more and i expect they will. Anything can happen of course but i think it ends either tonight or tomorrow.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1526 on: October 21, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »

Thanks, hope they close it out tonight.  Will probably be just me, Keith and Mr. Met with the 8-Ball, those other guys are all on probation.  I just hope that David Cone doesn't show up to masturbate in the bullpen, sounds like Wrigley already has more than enough disgusting excretions. 

Straw isn't on probation to my knowledge and hasn't had any legal trouble in a decade.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1527 on: October 21, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »

The Jays are looking pretty good so far today.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1528 on: October 21, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »

Yeah that series was way different. After game 4 we just didn't have the pitching needed to close you out and we payed for it. The mets have the pitching they need to win one more and i expect they will. Anything can happen of course but i think it ends either tonight or tomorrow.
Agreed. But IF they can get Arrieta back on the hill down 3-2, then we've got a series. But I'd say it's more likely the Mets win tonight than that happening.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1529 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »

Agreed. But IF they can get Arrieta back on the hill down 3-2, then we've got a series. But I'd say it's more likely the Mets win tonight than that happening.
Agreed, I'm not sure about Arrieta though, the Mets handled him quite well earlier in the series. I'm pulling for the Mets tonight though just cause they're from New York. The world series should be great. We're guaranteed to have a team win that hasn't since at least 93 and likely at least 86.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1530 on: October 21, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »

What's your issue with Joe? He seems like a nice guy. In Wrigley's defense it is over 100 years old.

"Top Step Joe" turns a nice quote - makes for good copy.

That's it.

He's never seen a camera, a microphone or an opportunity to promote himself he didn't like.

He's all shtick.

100 years old or not, Wrigley is indefensible.

It's never been kept up, taken care of or minimally maintained throughout it's existence.

It's literally going to take 4 years to get it up to any level of major league standard and that process just began this year.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1531 on: October 21, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »

"Top Step Joe" turns a nice quote - makes for good copy.

That's it.

He's never seen a camera, a microphone or an opportunity to promote himself he didn't like.

He's all shtick.

100 years old or not, Wrigley is indefensible.

It's never been kept up, taken care of or minimally maintained throughout it's existence.

It's literally going to take 4 years to get it up to any level of major league standard and that process just began this year.

Yeah that's on the tribune company and Wrigley family who let in get rundown. Hopefully the new owners can fix it up. The offseason renovations were a good start.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:35:18 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1532 on: October 21, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »

Straw isn't on probation to my knowledge and hasn't had any legal trouble in a decade.

I'm not sure either to be honest, bad joke that's all, I worshipped those guys during their playing careers.  Either way, none of them should be hanging out with Keith Hernandez anymore. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1533 on: October 21, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »

Looking at his wiki it looks like he's really cleaned up and settled down with his wife in Missouri and together they've got a wonderful charity for autistic children.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: October 21, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »

Not to jinx it but it is looking good for a game 6 Friday.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1535 on: October 21, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »

Btw, on the topic of BTTF 2, the Back In Time documentary premieres today. It' available on Netflix and Itunes.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1536 on: October 21, 2015, 06:11:10 PM »

I think its safe to say see you Friday in Kansas City.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1537 on: October 21, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »

Yup, jays are trying to clmb back in this one. Again, if any team in baseball can do it, they can. That offense is freakng scary good.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: October 21, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »

Yup, jays are trying to clmb back in this one. Again, if any team in baseball can do it, they can. That offense is freakng scary good.

Yep i agree, they at least have a chance to comeback.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1539 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »

Looking at his wiki it looks like he's really cleaned up and settled down with his wife in Missouri and together they've got a wonderful charity for autistic children.

Yep, Straw is living in a suburb of STL now of all places doing some kind of ministry thing.

Hernandez played here it Tulsa in the mid late 70's as a part of the Cards AAA farm team Tulsa Oilers.

He dated a lifeguard at my local neighborhood pool and would hang out all day with guys like Kenny Reitz and Bake McBride.  i was just a kid but man, it sure was cool.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: