Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 249418 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1380 on: November 12, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

I've at times gotten frustated and dissappointed.  I don't think there's anyone who isn't dissappointed that Guns haven't released more material over the years.  But you learn to realize that you get what you get and getting upset doesn't get you anything.

Exactly.
Most fans would love to have more of everything. But it is what it is. Constant whining about it isn't gonna achieve anything.

I'm looking forward to the day we get offical news on the next CD.  Finally we'll all be able to come together and sing cumbaya  peace

True. We all are "waiting". But it's up to each one of us how you fill the days between now and then.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #1381 on: November 12, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »

Is this even a discussion, that crowd attendance were not affected by fans thinking, 'they are not gnr' and turning away in droves? Even just in my small circle of friends, I know people who refused to attend when they played in my country in 2006 and 2012. Imagine that, applied word wide?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1382 on: November 12, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Is this even a discussion, that crowd attendance were not affected by fans thinking, 'they are not gnr' and turning away in droves? Even just in my small circle of friends, I know people who refused to attend when they played in my country in 2006 and 2012. Imagine that, applied word wide?

What is your country?

I personally have not witnessed people "turning away in droves", and I have attended a lot of shows.

I think this concept is fictional, and invented by people on internet forums, the same ones that complain about setlists for shows they don't attend.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1383 on: November 12, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »

"That said, because someone leaves the shop I started in which I still legally have the rights to the name I started it with? makes up a bunch of nonsense to win public and legal support in an effort to get whatever it is they want at mine and the public's expense? I don't feel a : ok:ny reason whatsoever I should have to throw what I've not only worked for but fought and suffered for away because some hurt, angry, betrayed, misguided and lied to people with a lynch-mob mentality, joined by others who could care less (especially in the media), enjoying the controversy and hate, choose one over the other regardless of what's right because they want what they want. And you can still prefer then as opposed to now and no one's arguing your right to do so.

My response to this would be at what point to you take some responsibility and correct the record?

If you let (what you claim) to be lies and half truths go unchallenged for YEARS, I can't see how you can credibly cry about it after.  You have a tongue.  You have a forum.  You choosing not use either is your call, but then you deal with the fallout.  And that fallout will be that the supposed lies and untruths becomes fact in the eyes of many.

No better example than that story about refusing to go onstage unless they signed.  Let's be honest.  When you first heard it, you couldn't exactly dismiss it out of hand, given Axl's rep.  

But then its like Axl said in those chats.  If that's how it really went down, he would be sued into oblivion.  So why wait how many years to get that out there, and then you do it via a message board thread on a fan forum?

Some people still choose to believe lies over truth because it fits their narrative.

Why do you believe answering questions and confronting some untruths on a message board was a bad idea? It got picked up by periodicals and magazines, so why was it a bad idea?

Some people still claim the "wouldn't go onstage until it was signed" scenario is true, even after being told the truth.

"Shut the fuck up."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1384 on: November 12, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »

There is truth in both DX and Jarmo.  DX DOES complain/argue/debate about the same things over and over and over...it gets exhausting.  I mean I'm tired of hearing about the damn name or how things were different 25 years ago.  Speaking up about an issue once or twice is fine, but seriously...on and on and on???  And yes, Jarmo agrees with everything GNR and Axl do.  He always will....he's the ultimate fan boy.   

I will say this though, at least DX is honest.  Jarmo, your probably thinking to yourself "I'm positive and support this band, so that makes me dishonest"?  Yes!  It's impossible to agree with everything someone does.  However, I can understand why you don't speak up about something that you may not agree with.  It could lead to more negativity and ultimately cost you your position with the band. 

Nothing knew, I get it.  No real reason in fighting it.  As soon as you fully understand this DX, the sooner we can avoid threads about a new interview turning into 70+ pages.  Of course, your gonna have to stop talking about the same things over and over as well. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mortismurphy
« Reply #1385 on: November 13, 2014, 12:27:40 AM »

What is your country?

I personally have not witnessed people "turning away in droves", and I have attended a lot of shows.

I think this concept is fictional, and invented by people on internet forums, the same ones that complain about setlists for shows they don't attend.

The UK

When GN'R played the UK in 1993 they were a stadium act. Fact. When they replayed here in 2002, they were an arena act. Fact.

PS

Do you think all of these general rock fans who visit metal sludge, the other gnr boards, youtube, attend Slash gigs (do not forget that Slash is successful at theatre level in Europe) who say things like, ''Axl sucks ass and it is not gnr'', attend newgnr shows? You might disagree with these people, dislike these people - even hate them (you seem to do a lot of that) - but you cannot ignore them as a demographic percentage.
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #1386 on: November 13, 2014, 03:57:26 AM »

I was there in the show at London Arena 2002.
Great show and first time I saw Richard with the band.

the most sick fan in the middle east
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1387 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:29 AM »

What is your country?

The UK

When GN'R played the UK in 1993 they were a stadium act. Fact. When they replayed here in 2002, they were an arena act. Fact.

PS

Do you think all of these general rock fans who visit metal sludge, the other gnr boards, youtube, attend Slash gigs (do not forget that Slash is successful at theatre level in Europe) who say things like, ''Axl sucks ass and it is not gnr'', attend newgnr shows? You might disagree with these people, dislike these people - even hate them (you seem to do a lot of that) - but you cannot ignore them as a demographic percentage.

Attempting to interpret intended emotions on the internet is not your stong suite, keep your day job. hihi

I was in attendance at the London Docklands arena in 2002, it was a remarkable show.

What is your hangup with seperating arenas from stadiums, as well as concluding your sentences with the word "fact"?

Nobody is arguing that the 2002 show was an arena show.

I honestly don't give much credibility to the caliber of people that inhabit your beloved Metal Sludge, they are largely comprised of cretins,trolls and idiots. I dont care what people on other forums think either, it isn't rocket medicine to see the atmosphere prevailing there.

Why are you bringing up Slash here? What does he have to do with this discussion at all? What are you hoping to accomplish bringing him into GNR discussions here?

I still have not seen evidence of your afore-mentioned "people turning away in droves", you have not convinced nor shown me that this "demographic" exists anywhere but in your mind, and negative agenda. Fact.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:10:14 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1388 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:09 AM »

What is your country?

I don't think he meant people were literally turning away in droves...so it's no wonder that you didn't see people go to the venue, and then turn around.

It is a fact that they have played smaller venues and have had varying levels of success selling out these smaller venues.  Are you denying that?
mortismurphy
« Reply #1389 on: November 13, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »

I don't give much credibility to the caliber of people that inhabit your beloved Metal Sludge, they are largely comprised of cretins,trolls and idiots.

I rarely visit Metal Sludge and certainly do not post there, but, I am aware that W. Axl Rose is universally hated on that website and it is a well frequented website. You seem to believe a lot of humanity are, 'creitins, trolls and idiots' by the way.

Why are you bringing up Slash here? What does he have to do with this discussion at all?

I was merely saying that the people who have turned their back on newgnr in favour of the solo projects, (it does not have to be just Slash: it could be Loaded or Izzy just as easily) do represent a statistically demographic (however much you hate that fact). They, do exist. And these are people who would presumably swell ticket sales at a reunited Guns N' Roses gate.

I still have not seen evidence of your afore-mentioned "people turning away in droves", you have not convinced nor shown me that this "demographic" exists anywhere but in your mind.

Ginger King has just summed it up there.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1390 on: November 13, 2014, 07:17:23 AM »

What is your country?

I don't think he meant people were literally turning away in droves...so it's no wonder that you didn't see people go to the venue, and then turn around.

It is a fact that they have played smaller venues and have had varying levels of success selling out these smaller venues.  Are you denying that?

Can he not reply? Are you his interpreter as to what he meant? I can only go on what is actually said.

Why was he bringing Slash into this discussion?

I have been to GNR playing stadiums, I have been to GNR playing arenas, I have been to much smaller club and private shows, I have never seen people "turning away in droves" (his words not mine)

What is the purpose of the line this discussion is taking other than a certain group here trying yet again to attempt to discredit and whine about some aspect of the band again?

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #1391 on: November 13, 2014, 07:19:29 AM »

What is your country?

Can he not reply? Are you his interpreter as to what he meant? I can only go on what is actually said.

I have been to GNR playing stadiums, I have been to GNR playing arenas, I have been to much smaller club and private shows, I have never seen people "turning away in droves" (his words not mine)

What is the purpose of the line this discussion is taking other than a certain group here trying yet again to attempt to discredit and whine about some aspect of the band again?

It is an expression, Emily.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1392 on: November 13, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »

I don't give much credibility to the caliber of people that inhabit your beloved Metal Sludge, they are largely comprised of cretins,trolls and idiots.

I rarely visit Metal Sludge and certainly do not post there, but, I am aware that W. Axl Rose is universally hated on that website and it is a well frequented website. You seem to believe a lot of humanity are, 'creitins, trolls and idiots' by the way.

Why are you bringing up Slash here? What does he have to do with this discussion at all?

I was merely saying that the people who have turned their back on newgnr in favour of the solo projects, (it does not have to be just Slash: it could be Loaded or Izzy just as easily) do represent a statistically demographic (however much you hate that fact). They, do exist. And these are people who would presumably swell ticket sales at a reunited Guns N' Roses gate.

I still have not seen evidence of your afore-mentioned "people turning away in droves", you have not convinced nor shown me that this "demographic" exists anywhere but in your mind.

There are many people I know that regularly attend the solo gigs as well as the band gigs, the entire world of music has changed since the 90's, I dont see where you are presenting me any facts and again, you are misreading my emotions here, I dont "hate" facts- that is a ludicrous and mistaken assumption on your part.

Still not seeing where "people are turning away in droves"

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #1393 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:49 AM »

There are many people I know that regularly attend the solo gigs as well as the band gigs, the entire world of music has changed since the 90's, I dont see where you are presenting me any facts and again, you are misreading my emotions here, I dont "hate" facts- that is a ludicrous and mistaken assumption on your part.

Oh, I give up. You are clearly an imbecile.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1394 on: November 13, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »

What is your country?

It is an expression, Emily.

But you used it in a literal sense and connotation, or were you simply being overdramatic in your narrative attempting to paint GNR in the worst possible light?

It was inaccurate either way.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1395 on: November 13, 2014, 07:30:20 AM »

Sorry you are unable and unwilling to see where you little analogy was in error.

You are very clearly very invested in painting both GNR and its loyal supporters in the worst possible light.

I honestly don't give a damn what your opinion of me is, I have come to fully expect to be hated by certain groups, it's not a big deal and I don't lose sleep over it

Guess I'm not one of the "cool kids". hihi
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:35:58 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #1396 on: November 13, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »

Sorry you are unable and unwilling to see where you little analogy was in error.

You are very clearly very invested in painting both GNR and its loyal supporters in the worst possible light.

I honestly don't give a damn what your opinion of me is. Kiss

It is difficult to debate with someone who cannot comprehend everyday expressions! When somebody says ''to hell in a handbasket' they do not literally mean,hell, fire and brimstone and demons, in a hand basket. When somebody says ''I am having a hair of the dog'' they are not about to literally eat dog hairs.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1397 on: November 13, 2014, 07:42:29 AM »

I honestly don't give a damn what your opinion of me is. Kiss

It is difficult to debate with someone who cannot comprehend everyday expressions! When somebody says ''to hell in a handbasket' they do not literally mean,hell, fire and brimstone and demons, in a hand basket. When somebody says ''I am having a hair of the dog'' they are not about to literally eat dog hairs.

I am quite capable of discerning forms of colloquial expression.

I took exception to your claim that people were "turning away from GNR shows in droves".

That was an inaccurate statement and claim, and you are going to all lengths to deny you were in error, good job attempting to change the focus though.

Here's the definition of the word you chose to use:

Droves:
a large number of people or things doing or undergoing the same thing.
"tourists have stayed away in droves this summer"
synonyms:   crowd, swarm, horde, multitude, mob, throng, host, mass, army, herd
"they came in droves"

I have never witnessed what you described "People turning away from GNR in droves"

Maybe you should take more care in choosing your terminology.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:48:59 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #1398 on: November 13, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »

Alright then and returning this to its original point...

Old GN'R's last gig in the United Kingdom was at Milton Keynes National Bowl which seats, 65,000.

New GN'R's first gig in the United Kingdom was at London Arena which seats 15,000.

Both gigs were either sell outs or near sell outs I believe.

So, assuming that everyone who attended the New GN'R show believed that it was bona fide 'Guns N' Roses' they were seeing (which I do not believe for a second by the way, but, let's keep this simple) that is a reduction in crowd capacity of 50,000. Granted, there may be alternative reasons why those people did not attend, a decline in GN'R's popularity, individual circumstances (lack of money, family concerns), but I think it is a certain that a significant majority of that 50,000 chose not to attend because they did not believe it was 'Guns N' Roses'.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1399 on: November 13, 2014, 08:12:02 AM »

Alright then and returning this to its original point...

Old GN'R's last gig in the United Kingdom was at Milton Keynes National Bowl which seats, 65,000.

New GN'R's first gig in the United Kingdom was at London Arena which seats 15,000.

Both gigs were either sell outs or near sell outs I believe.

So, assuming that everyone who attended the New GN'R show believed that it was bona fide 'Guns N' Roses' they were seeing (which I do not believe for a second by the way, but, let's keep this simple) that is a reduction in crowd capacity of 50,000. Granted, there may be alternative reasons why those people did not attend, a decline in GN'R's popularity, individual circumstances (lack of money, family concerns), but I think it is a certain that a significant majority of that 50,000 chose not to attend because they did not believe it was 'Guns N' Roses'.

That is wholly an assumption on your part, unless you magically determined the people who didn't attend and polled them all.

As I said, I have been to shows in Stadiums, arenas and much smaller venues, I have enjoyed them all.

I am still not getting your point, they still play both larger and smaller venues.

The subject of the band being GNR is not open for negotiation, you may not like nor appreciate the band, but make no mistake, it IS GNR and any silly little scenario you are attempting to paint will never prove successfully that GNR isn't GNR.

Nobody is arguing that there haven't been lineup changes, nobody is claiming that didn't happen, but the band IS GNR in 2014 whether you personally like it or whether you dont.

I saw GNR in Bethlehem and Vegas this year, was it a different lineup than I saw in 1991? Yes, was it a different lineup than 1988? Yes.

Was it GNR? Oh hell yes  peace
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:18:42 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: