Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 401644 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2360 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »

GnR is a business... You don't openly talk about your employee/ band mates as it's unprofessional.   I manage a business & if were to openly talk about an employee to another co-worker or customer... it would cause a lot of issues, could even lose my job.  If Ron wants to go publicly with rants, that's his choice in the matter.  GnR is being very professional not saying a word.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2361 on: July 21, 2015, 12:17:21 AM »

GnR is a business... You don't openly talk about your employee/ band mates as it's unprofessional.   I manage a business & if were to openly talk about an employee to another co-worker or customer... it would cause a lot of issues, could even lose my job.  If Ron wants to go publicly with rants, that's his choice in the matter.  GnR is being very professional not saying a word.

Great post! I agree 100% taking the high road is often not understood or appreciated by many that don't have this understanding.

Cheers  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2362 on: July 21, 2015, 12:45:33 AM »

I don't know how the hell you could defend Ron's behavior over the past year.

Let me ask you this...what was the GOOD part?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2363 on: July 21, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »

I'm really indifferent about the guy... as a musician and as a person.

Some people will tell you he is the biggest sweet heart in the world and others say he is evil... like most things, I am sure it's somewhere in the middle.

EDIT : To the people bashing him for discussing his ailments ...such as CANCER...that is way off base.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:09:17 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2364 on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »

Some people will tell you he is the biggest sweet heart in the world and others say he is evil... like most things, I am sure it's somewhere in the middle.

EDIT : To the people bashing him for discussing his ailments ...such as CANCER...that is way off base.

Oh, totally out of line there.  No question.

I don't think he's a bad guy, just a frustrated one.  But I think you can pretty easily say he's handled this past year wrong every step of the way.  There really isn't one interview, or even one comment in an interview, I thought he played the right way.

You just have that total feeling of "oh my god, dude...just stop talking".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2365 on: July 21, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »

I agree with Jaeball. That some of you use his illness against him says more about you than him. What is the good part? Plenty. Great guitarist, great showman,  great songwriter,  and not at least he is a person who gives it all, and gives a impressive sacrifice for Guns n' Roses.  That he stood up through his period with injury and disease says more about him than him talking about it in recent time.

I guess some of the "fans" are the little brothers watching. ...

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2366 on: July 21, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »

I agree with Jaeball. That some of you use his illness against him says more about you than him. What is the good part? Plenty. Great guitarist, great showman,  great songwriter,  and not at least he is a person who gives it all, and gives a impressive sacrifice for Guns n' Roses.  That he stood up through his period with injury and disease says more about him than him talking about it in recent time.

I guess some of the "fans" are the little brothers watching. ...

It's a pretty bizarre world we live in where speculating about Ron's personal troubles is A-OK, but speculating about what Axl is thinking gets you thrown in the stockade.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2367 on: July 21, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »

Sure it?s always good policy to not air dirty laundry in public, but as a fan, I?ll take Ron?s approach over DJ?s, or Richard?s.
Ron comes across as human, not a mannequin programmed to deliver the company line and roll out cliche after cliche.

I was pretty sure before, but thanks to Ron I knew it was truly foolish to think GN?R was all of a sudden going to change course and become a productive entity.
Listening to some of the others might give you the impression that a box set could be released at any given moment. Though credit where it?s due, they seem to have cut the bullshit in recent interviews.

I?m pretty indifferent to Ron?s playing style, and everyone in Guns today sans Axl for that matter, but they?re without a doubt less interesting without Ron.

Guns N? Roses, the most politically correct band in the world.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2368 on: July 21, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »

I was pretty sure before, but thanks to Ron I knew it was truly foolish to think GN?R was all of a sudden going to change course and become a productive entity.
Listening to some of the others might give you the impression that a box set could be released at any given moment. Though credit where it?s due, they seem to have cut the bullshit in recent interviews.

I'm the same way.  I credit Ron with giving us probably the only fair read we have gotten in 20 years.

I also think its at least part of why Ron gets such a hard time.  He dares to speak his mind.  And in doing so, has confirmed a number of things a lot of us largely assumed were the case.  This has not won him any friends with the segment of our fanbase that rocks back and forth in the corner mumbling "Krusty is coming...Krusty is coming..."

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2369 on: July 21, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »

We have established he had or has multiple ailments and problems, but trying to use these to elicit pity and gain support is wrong.

He is a PR nightmare, a great argument for Non-Disclosure Agreements.

"Shut the fuck up."
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2370 on: July 21, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »

Ok, this has started to bother me a bit since cancer is a disability. For anyone knocking Ron about cancer, please look at this link: http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/cancer.cfm and http://www.cancer.org/treatment/findingandpayingfortreatment/understandingfinancialandlegalmatters/americans-with-disabilities-act

I really can't believe what I read in this thread.  It really is ignorance!!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2371 on: July 21, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

The Music Is Business  smoking The Art Is Business

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
mortismurphy
« Reply #2372 on: July 22, 2015, 12:36:24 AM »

Ron is/was the only decent guy in that band. He is the only one to disassociate himself from the usual nugnr methods of embarrassing brown nosing combined with censorship and media blackouts, and actually engages with the fans and has the same concerns they do. Decent guy.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2373 on: July 22, 2015, 01:03:39 AM »

Ron is/was the only decent guy in that band. He is the only one to disassociate himself from the usual nugnr methods of embarrassing brown nosing combined with censorship and media blackouts, and actually engages with the fans and has the same concerns they do. Decent guy.

That's one way to look at it... Huh

Just because he has the same concers as "you" and voices his displeasures like "you" without censorship doesn't make him a decent guy.  It makes him a pretty piss poor team player in my mind. Because regardless of how you think GNR should act, they should at least stand by each other and back each other up.  That's what band members, teammates, co workers, family members, etc do.  If not....well then you shouldnt be included. 

Would you say a soldier who complains about his country is a decent guy? 

What about an athlete who bashes his coach or teammates and complains about the offense they are running.  Would you say he's a decent guy just because you believe what he's saying is true?  Just because he's being honest? 

You know nothing about teamwork or loyalty if this is the case. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:12:08 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2374 on: July 22, 2015, 01:34:37 AM »

Just because he has the same concers as "you" and voices his displeasures like "you" without censorship doesn't make him a decent guy.  It makes him a pretty piss poor team player in my mind. Because regardless of how you think GNR should act, they should at least stand by each other and back each other up.  That's what band members, teammates, co workers, family members, etc do.  If not....well then you shouldnt be included. 

What about an athlete who bashes his coach or teammates and complains about the offense they are running.  Would you say he's a decent guy just because you believe what he's saying is true?  Just because he's being honest? 

Great points, agree completely.  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #2375 on: July 22, 2015, 02:39:22 AM »

All good points except this is supposed to be a ''band''. It is nothing so serious as a national army or a profession. Mick and Keith criticise each other all the time as do Roger and Pete.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2376 on: July 22, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »

All good points except this is supposed to be a ''band''. It is nothing so serious as a national army or a profession. Mick and Keith criticise each other all the time as do Roger and Pete.

It's not a band... these guys are employees of Axl and the GNR brand... and in certain peoples mind these employees owe Axl everything for the opportunity. So if one of them doesn't show that appreciation, they are going to get bashed for it by a certain group of Axl's fans.

I think that sums up a little bit of the shade Ron receives.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #2377 on: July 22, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

It's not a band... these guys are employees of Axl and the GNR brand... and in certain peoples mind these employees owe Axl everything for the opportunity. So if one of them doesn't show that appreciation, they are going to get bashed for it by a certain group of Axl's fans.

You said it!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2378 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »

You said it!

Yeah but at this point in time... why still harp on it? Everybody understands what it is. Or at least... they should.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #2379 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »

You said it!

Yeah but at this point in time... why still harp on it? Everybody understands what it is. Or at least... they should.

...by both sides of the argument since I have seen the diehard nugnr supporters who insist that it is a 'band' also whenever that point is brought into contention.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: