Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 6th, 2014 Las Vegas, NV (Show#8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 6th, 2014 Las Vegas, NV (Show#8)  (Read 35484 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »

Wish like hell here was a bootleg of this show. Sad

Maybe the taper stayed at home after reading your posts.
It's a joke!

/jarmo

Great  hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

Wish like hell here was a bootleg of this show. Sad

Maybe the taper stayed at home after reading your posts.
It's a joke!

Probably never even bought a ticket with no guarantee Axl even shows up.

He does that, you know.

He does what?
Don't be so sensitive. It was a joke! After all you were warning people from attending the shows.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »

After all you were warning people from attending the shows.  ok

Not really. 

But its your dime, bro.  Have at it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

Wait a second.  I was trying to remember just what was my offense this time, and I think I recall.

Wasn't it that I said I would never incur travel expenses for such an unpredictable performer?

Well, that's true.  I would not.  He comes to my town, sure.  I'm on it.  But to incur flights, hotels, changes to my schedule, etc?  No way in hell.

I believe it was at this point you got all huffy because, as you saw it, since no shows had been cancelled lately, that was not a realistic fear.

Well, that's your opinion. 

Of course, we don't all get our shit covered to go see this band.  The rest of us have to foot that bill ourselves.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »

So maybe the taper didn't go because he got scared after reading your posts! Cheesy

I traveled on a train from NYC to Portland, ME and then back on a Greyhound from Worcester. Show was canceled. Still wouldn't go on and on about it or the reputation.
By the way, that's in the USA, North America. Not exactly in my home country...

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:48:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

I traveled on a train from NYC to Portland, ME and then back on a Greyhound from Worcester. Show was canceled. Still wouldn't go on and on about it or the reputation.
By the way, that's in the USA, North America. Not exactly in my home country...

Did you fly over to the US for the express purpose of seeing GNR?  Or was that something you did while you were here?

I'd absolutely go see GNR if its when I happened to be in Vegas, as I will be in 2 weeks.  But I'm not making a special trip for it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »

Did you fly over to the US for the express purpose of seeing GNR?  Or was that something you did while you were here?

I'd absolutely go see GNR if its when I happened to be in Vegas, as I will be in 2 weeks.  But I'm not making a special trip for it.

I traveled to USA and then continued to Canada to see GN'R. Of course I used the time there to see things.
Even without the show in Portland, ME, I enjoyed visiting the city.

/jarmo

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »

I've made "special trips" to Vegas with the sole purpose of seeing GNR.  The second they announce another residency, I will be making a third trip.  I have yet to see a better venue for them.  Big enough that they have their space and yet I can get so close and then before and after the concert you have Vegas all around.  Hard to imagine anything better as a fan.   beer

I don't understand picking on Vegas.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »

The Joint is a great venue.

/jarmo

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »

I've made "special trips" to Vegas with the sole purpose of seeing GNR.  The second they announce another residency, I will be making a third trip.  I have yet to see a better venue for them.  Big enough that they have their space and yet I can get so close and then before and after the concert you have Vegas all around.  Hard to imagine anything better as a fan.   beer

I don't understand picking on Vegas.

Me too. I also have made two special trips to Vegas for the sole purpose of seeing Guns and I do not regret a minute or a penny. In fact, I wish that I could have stayed longer for more shows. I would do it again--and will do it again--in a heart beat.

Correct that--I've made three special trips, and gone to both residencies. Waiting with baited breath for the third.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »

The Joint is a great venue.

/jarmo

I personally love travelling to Vegas, from Canada.  Not only to see guns, but just to see the city.  I come down around 4 times a year, as is, without guns playing...

If guns does another slot of shows in Vegas, I would like to see them switch the venue up..

I have seen many bands in many different venues..  From the house of blues, to playing in the middle of a wave pool, to 150000 at the mgm...  Nothing really against the Joint....  It has just been played out for me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »

Nothing really against the Joint....  It has just been played out for me.

I think it's all about the fact that it's at the Hard Rock. It kinda makes sense.

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

Nothing really against the Joint....  It has just been played out for me.

I think it's all about the fact that it's at the Hard Rock. It kinda makes sense.

/jarmo

You can look at it like that.  And it is a very, very nice place.  Especially since the remodels a couple years back.

Personally though, I always stay on the strip.  So travelling to the Hard Rock, is a always a bit of a drag.. 

MB out of all the places, it is what works best for a residency though...  How the whole hotel becomes electric with guns energy running all over.  I like how they theme certain places in the hotel after the band.  It makes for a great experience, one I don't think another hotel would do.  For a residency....

But MB a hotel would..... And if so there is some great venues on the strip..

One of the best concerts I ever saw in Vegas was at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.  It was the band Weezer and they played the concert in the middle of the wave pool on a floating stage.  I stood for 90 mins in the water with waves crashing against my knees, seeing the show.  With bars all around, I never went thirsty.  Such a great show...

There are just many options out there.  The band just doenst have to stick to one, because it works very well..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »

One of the t-shirts sold at the end of the Las Vegas run:

http://instagram.com/p/yPu7MRqMkh/

/jarmo

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2015, 10:04:26 PM »

I'd love to see a new style of t-shirts, that relies less on skulls n stuff.  It doesn't really go with their music so much anymore. Something more minimal.  Like Pearl Jam's style. 

http://pearljam.com/goods/index.php?cPath=1

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:33 AM »

Wait a second.  I was trying to remember just what was my offense this time, and I think I recall.

Wasn't it that I said I would never incur travel expenses for such an unpredictable performer?

Well, that's true.  I would not.  He comes to my town, sure.  I'm on it.  But to incur flights, hotels, changes to my schedule, etc?  No way in hell.

I believe it was at this point you got all huffy because, as you saw it, since no shows had been cancelled lately, that was not a realistic fear.

Well, that's your opinion. 

Of course, we don't all get our shit covered to go see this band.  The rest of us have to foot that bill ourselves.

Don't be one of the unwashed masses please

Travel to see you fav band.

Spend money to travel to see your fav band. 

If the concert is cancelled.  Have fun in that town that night.    Party. Have fun. 

You are here every day posting    Travel to the band

You would rather post at home for hours instead of travelling. 

Shit. Travelling is cheap.   

My time is not cheap.    Travelling to see gnr shows are some of the highlights of my life.     

I am going to rock in USA in May.    Why gnr doesn't play there blows my mind.

If gnr plays one live show in North America this year I will do my best to get there.   Only reason I wouldn't.   Is two small kids.    Have to make that work
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »

What is that one?  Where is it?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »

What is that one?  Where is it?

Its in vegas. Which would be perfect for guns!  Just dont tell mortis haha

Its at the rio hotel.  Outsidide.   Two weekends long. 100000 people.  Metalica one night  no doubt and linkin park the next.  The following weekend is a pop weekend.   

I will be down for both weekends

Just google. Rock n usa
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »

Oh, Rock In Rio.

I saw that line-up when I was out there a few weeks ago.  Looks like a hell of a roster.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:10 PM »

Oh, Rock In Rio.

I saw that line-up when I was out there a few weeks ago.  Looks like a hell of a roster.

Yep rock n rio.  Just calling it rock n usa.  Ya they have only put out half the roster I think.   Going to be a great party

Very surprised guns are not playing.  Would be perfct for them
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: