Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jams at the shows 2009-2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jams at the shows 2009-2013  (Read 6638 times)
Mathieu
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

The intro for Madagascar in 2011 is great: http://youtu.be/EmQXNe3iX6Q

I was always wondering about the piano intro to November Rain in 2002. There is of course the "idiot song" joke song he played. Often just before getting into November Rain he played this part: http://youtu.be/Kfta2GgdSJA?t=1m34s. Maybe it's just a cover, but I was always wondering if it was actually a new song from the Chinese Democracy recording sessions.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »

Oh ! I forgot one of my favorites,that small piano intro to Nov Rain.Grand Torino !
Such a great melody...

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »

Some of you seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. It's not about what you think of the current solos and/or jams. We don't care! Nobody asked you.

Why is it so hard for some of you to let something which you have no interest in be, instead of using it to try to criticize the band?

Stuff played in 2002 or 2006 were cool, but that's not what we're trying to do here. It's more about if you heard and/or noticed a band member or the band play something during a show since the album was released. You know, stuff that gets overlooked because it's "only" a solo or a jam.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

Some of you seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. It's not about what you think of the current solos and/or jams. We don't care! Nobody asked you.

/jarmo

Bolding mine, but that says it all to me. We?  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »

We, as in people who are interested in the topic and not what others think of the solos/jams.

Maybe it's only AdZ and myself, but that's still weTongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:03:27 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »

Maybe it's only AdZ and myself, but that's still weTongue

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so.
/jarmo

So, where did AdZ state his displeasure with reading peoples opinions?
Intent on a two person conversation, best taken to PM I believe...

"If you want to ask somebody a question that isn't gonna involve the rest of the board, send that member a PM."
Taken from: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14144.0

Edited to add:  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM by Jester » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »

What's your point?

Your attempt at smart ass humor by taking things out of context just failed.

You have problems with me trying to keep this discussion on topic instead of having a couple posters turning it into a whine fest about how they don't like the solos/jams? Then say so.

If you have no interest in taking part in this topic, you don't have to. It's unfortunate that when I tried to do something constructive you felt the need to sabotage it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:53:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:50 AM »

I know this thread is actually about the jams after the release of cd but I really loved how Axl used to play bits of prostitute right before november rain. When I heard prostitute for the first time I immediately recognized the piano line and could help but smile and think "Axl, you m*therf*cker, you've been slapping it in our face all along" Smiley Must've been fun for him too haha

Jester
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »

What's your point?

You have problems with me trying to keep this discussion on topic instead of having a couple posters turning it into a whine fest about how they don't like the solos/jams? Then say so.

If you have no interest in taking part in this topic, you don't have to. It's unfortunate that when I tried to do something constructive you felt the need to sabotage it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Why did you change your post so long after posting, thus removing where you admitted you were wrong, just when I thought we were getting somewhere... 

Jester
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 12:06:07 PM »

What's your point?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

But to answer your post's updated content, My point was you don't follow your own boards rules, nor your statement in your signature.

No smart ass humor was involved, just facts and questions. No failure, not on my behalf anyway

My problem is not with you attempting to keep this thread on topic, it's with your arrogance and attitude to state "We Don't care" when presented with the majority opinion from your own boards members, as opposed to starting another thread for what is also, obviously considered a more valid and interesting topic than the one you attempted to start here.

All in all though, My opinion although apparently unwanted,  The Intro's and Jams are cool, and could make for an interesting topic when not approached with such contempt and arrogance towards the bands fans, But solo spots have sucked since Sorum!, but some things are necessary, for set changes, instruments, tuning, helium oxygen, refreshments, nature calls  etc   ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »

Because I figured you wouldn't get the sarcasm.
Which you didn't.

If you have issues with me why don't you just follow your quotes and PM me.

ok

But to answer your post's updated content, My point was you don't follow your own boards rules, nor your statement in your signature.

Ok, let me clear this up since it seems to confuse you. Out of all people, only you seem confused.

The board rules you're referring to are meant to stop two people chatting in a thread, like you and me right now since you have some kind of issue with me. Your kind of posts are exactly why the rule is there. You should've either taken up your issue in the correct section or sent me a message.

You have a problem with the board and/or me? It doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Simple as that.  ok

Secondly, the signature refers to the fact that people have claimed I speak on behalf of people associated with the band. So it doesn't really matter if you quote my signature and claim I'm contradicting myself when I said "we" and meant the people who were posting on topic.
The signature has been there for years, only one person as far as I remember seem to have had an issue with it. Guess who...

My problem is not with you attempting to keep this thread on topic, it's with your arrogance and attitude to state "We Don't care" when presented with the majority opinion from your own boards members, as opposed to starting another thread for what is also, obviously considered a more valid and interesting topic than the one you attempted to start here.

Arrogance? Right.

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings by being too blunt and to the point. Maybe the correct way would've been to say: "Please, this topic is not for that discussion. Pretty please, stay on topic. We are trying to stay on topic here."

Would that have been better? Please accept my apologies for making you feel less worth by being myself and waaaaaaaaay too blunt.

Edited to add: I don't know what to think of the fact that you have a screen shot of my post but yet didn't reply to the post before I edited it. What exactly do you do with the screen shot(s)?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:37:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »

The intro for Madagascar in 2011 is great: http://youtu.be/EmQXNe3iX6Q

Yes, fits the song nicely. Smiley

/jarmo

cappy p
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »

Anyone know the name of that song used as an intro to Madagascar?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »

Anyone know the name of that song used as an intro to Madagascar?

I believe it is Madagascar

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »

Nice bit of Led Zep  from Dizzy in Vegas - think it was No Quarter - and an intro to SOD, not sure if it was played in more of the Vegas gigs, but  beer when I heard it on the second gig of the residency there  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »

Nice bit of Led Zep  from Dizzy in Vegas - think it was No Quarter - and an intro to SOD, not sure if it was played in more of the Vegas gigs, but  beer when I heard it on the second gig of the residency there  ok

That's been his piano solo since the residency. Smiley

/jarmo

gnrhamm
Rocker

I Hate Everyone

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

Last show in Toronto:
I was a bit wasted by this point, but I could swear that the band Jamed to the solos of Paradise City right before Richard gets on to the monitor and started the song. I remember thinking  "why aren't the doing the begining of the song.?" I have 30 sec of the intro to PC on my phone but only after Fortus starts the song properly. I may be mistaken but if someone has a better recording or memory they can clarify.

Why don't you just....
jdfdemocracy
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »

I can't think of any other jams but you mentioned the chip away at the stone short version with no snippet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svi5G06fdsc

2009 Korea unsure what jam it actually is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LCLxvOCaw
 Beyond this I think all is covered but I can always be wrong.....
jdfdemocracy
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »

And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSE3qtGeS20 Ancol Jakarta Indonesia - December 16, 2012
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »

I can't think of any other jams but you mentioned the chip away at the stone short version with no snippet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svi5G06fdsc

I believe that's the only time Axl sang it.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: