Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 110956 times)
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Generally speaking, at this time we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we will let you know. Thank you for your patience.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »

So they just announce GNR dead? Or at least in coma?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »

So they just announce GNR dead? Or at least in coma?

They just gave fans an update, which is something certain fans have been craving.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »

Yep, information about non-informations Wink Catch 22 Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 06:36:07 PM »

Common sense and experience tells you the band doesn't announce shows, albums or anything until there's something to announce.

Unfortunately, for some it's not enough. They keep asking for updates when there's nothing to update, hence this update.
It seems like some people need to be reminded of this fact occasionally.

Others know this and don't "demand" updates.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »

I'am just happy the band has been touring and axl has been in a great mood nice to see that. It's nice to be a GNR fan I for one don't need a new album or DVD, I just hope axl and the band are having fun and continue to put on the best live show on the planet

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »

Common sense and experience tells you the band doesn't announce shows, albums or anything until there's something to announce.

Unfortunately, for some it's not enough. They keep asking for updates when there's nothing to update, hence this update.

/jarmo

I think for some, the issue may not be whether or not an update is given.  The issue may be whether or not the update you want to hear is given.  If the answers desired are not the answers given, then frustration and outrage ensue.

Ali
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

Axl's figuring out what to do with his free flier miles from all the flying around the world they did this year.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »

Fernando said just the other day they are trying to plan a Brazilain tour.  I am not sure why the fans are so worried.  GNR just got done touring and are taking a short break.  It's not like 2002-2005.  They just ended their tour.  Some people just love to complain about anything. 
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 02:14:49 AM »

/jarmo

Are you referring to the MyGNR letter?

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:51 AM »

/jarmo

Nothing was demanded. A letter containing 5 respectful questions from fans was sent to GNR management. A letter far more respectful than the "update" as you call it, provided in return...

That a decent response can't even be provided in this instance shows the small-mindedness of those who provided the "update". Yes people have criticised the band and individual members in the past, but this wasn't delivered from those people and honest and respectful questions were asked.

Those to whom these were asked could not even respond in a like manner.

Disgraceful and pathetic. 
Princess Leia
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »

/jarmo

Nothing was demanded. A letter containing 5 respectful questions from fans was sent to GNR management. A letter far more respectful than the "update" as you call it, provided in return...

That a decent response can't even be provided in this instance shows the small-mindedness of those who provided the "update". Yes people have criticised the band and individual members in the past, but this wasn't delivered from those people and honest and respectful questions were asked.

Those to whom these were asked could not even respond in a like manner.

Disgraceful and pathetic. 

I think Jarmo is talking about things going on here and not in other places. Anyway making an album is not like flipping burgers. Many things are necessary to get an album done. We don?t know what kind of contract the have in place. We don?t know if they looking for a producer or any other thing that it?s important to make an album. Or maybe Axl is just on vacations in Hawaii. Why do people want updates of those things? I don?t need a daily update about a producer, or a contract or about negotiation with a promoter. I care about a final product. And if they don?t make anything at all for whatever reason. Well so be it and deal with it. Getting angry and frustrated won?t change things.

Besides I find it ironic that in some places people are asking Beta and Fernando for updates and answers when a lot of those people there are bashing Beta and Fernando 24/7. I?m not asking fans to be ass kissers. But at least they should shut up if they want colaboration from the GN?R camp.

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 05:50:47 AM »

I think Jarmo is talking about things going on here and not in other places. Anyway making an album is not like flipping burgers. Many things are necessary to get an album done. We don?t know what kind of contract the have in place. We don?t know if they looking for a producer or any other thing that it?s important to make an album. Or maybe Axl is just on vacations in Hawaii. Why do people want updates of those things? I don?t need a daily update about a producer, or a contract or about negotiation with a promoter. I care about a final product. And if they don?t make anything at all for whatever reason. Well so be it and deal with it. Getting angry and frustrated won?t change things.

Besides I find it ironic that in some places people are asking Beta and Fernando for updates and answers when a lot of those people there are bashing Beta and Fernando 24/7. I?m not asking fans to be ass kissers. But at least they should shut up if they want colaboration from the GN?R camp.

I don't think so. I think Jarmo is referring specifically to the "nerve" of a fan-site to dare do a poll, decide on some quite reasonable questions and pass them onto the band in a polite and respectful manner, through the proper channels.

The questions weren't in any way insulting. They were polite and purely enquiring. They weren't (or shouldn't be construed) as un-reasonable or confronting and if I'm frustrated or angry at all, it's at the situation where a group of fans act in a far more professional manner than whoever it is that is speaking publicly on behalf of this band. 

If the band has no response, no update, no concrete plans or doesn't want to comment on a fluid or unknown situation, then so be it. I'm glad for the honesty and that's cool. However this situation was responded to with a meaningless, throwaway line on twitter. There was no apparent considered response and certainly the respectful tone in which the questions were delivered was not reciprocated.

THIS sort of attitude is what I happen to think breeds any confrontation or disagreement amongst people that are actually fans.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:53:04 AM by Conan » Logged
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »

I was hoping that there was going to be more variety in the questions, but i must admit i was looking forward to a response from Axl.

However, mygnr might be the busiest but it is nowhere near as pro axl or pro TB as others. Asking questions then slating the management on a forum isn't going to get you anywhere, mods included.

They were put on the spot and if there is no plans for anything soon then it was never going to be easy to reply to 23 million+ fans.
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »

I was hoping that there was going to be more variety in the questions, but i must admit i was looking forward to a response from Axl.

However, mygnr might be the busiest but it is nowhere near as pro axl or pro TB as others. Asking questions then slating the management on a forum isn't going to get you anywhere, mods included.

They were put on the spot and if there is no plans for anything soon then it was never going to be easy to reply to 23 million+ fans.

Funny how it's never easy for these guys to "reply" to 23 million+ fans (on Social Media) until put on the spot...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »

No. They wrote a letter?

Certain fans seem to have a need to be told they're appreciated on a constant basis. They demand updates, like I mentioned earlier, even when there's nothing to update about. If you've been a GN'R fan for a few years, you know this already. Same drill, different year. "We need updates".

I don't know why this Conan person thinks otherwise. Maybe it's convenience , it all fits the picture considering I'm not exactly popular on that site.  hihi

/jarmo

Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

im always of the mindset of "when something happens...it happens" im not gonna get all upset when theres no new album yet, or when they announce more and more dates, just knowing that Gn'R are active out there is good enough for me. I know we will get new music at somepoint and it will be great. Until then life goes on.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »

It was much easier in the old days when there was generally one way flow of communication. Just an article in a magazine would be treasured.

I get the feeling celebrities, politicians etclike social media and websites when it suits them but when the public start questioning, critiquing , demanding, commenting, sometimes abusing even online all of a sudden the medium becomes a nuisance.

Having lived through the CD days I guess I don't really expect 'updates' but I won't lie I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of output since the album was released. On the live front they tick all the boxes, but releasing anything seems to be a big problem for this band.

Here today...ready to rock
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »

No. They wrote a letter?

Certain fans seem to have a need to be told they're appreciated on a constant basis. They demand updates, like I mentioned earlier, even when there's nothing to update about. If you've been a GN'R fan for a few years, you know this already. Same drill, different year. "We need updates".

I don't know why this Conan person thinks otherwise. Maybe it's convenience , it all fits the picture considering I'm not exactly popular on that site.  hihi

/jarmo

I agree, I think people get insecure and paranoid due to GNR's past. Every time there is a lack of news or updates everyone thinks about the 2002-2005 period of inactivity and are worried that it is starting again, which is totally unfounded.

This is the most active and most successful GNR have been since 1993, I think we all just need to keep calm. Whether its the live DVD, new album or a new tour.

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:04 AM »

It was much easier in the old days when there was generally one way flow of communication. Just an article in a magazine would be treasured.

I get the feeling celebrities, politicians etclike social media and websites when it suits them but when the public start questioning, critiquing , demanding, commenting, sometimes abusing even online all of a sudden the medium becomes a nuisance.

Having lived through the CD days I guess I don't really expect 'updates' but I won't lie I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of output since the album was released. On the live front they tick all the boxes, but releasing anything seems to be a big problem for this band.

That was when magazines were put out monthly and there wasn't an immediate need to know what was going on the way there is now.

I guess people want some sort of "state of the union" thing where Axl goes on Ustream and reads off a list of items GNR has in the works.

Maybe GNR's just going to spring a finished album on people instead of telling people it's coming out "soon" and having it backfire.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: